> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Effire ColorBook TR701 | TFT color

Rep: (70)
DiscussionEffire ColorBook TR701
Discussion пїЅ | Description | FAQ | Firmware пїЅ

We describe our impressions from the reading room, share our experience, ask questions.
Discussion firmware in the subjectFirmware

Official site http://effire.ru/

Reviews

Instructions for use

Undocumented features
  • Video output when playing video files
  • Djvu mapping

Close relatives
  • Texet TB710HD
  • Oysters Readme 400
  • Ritmix RBK-430
  • Wexler.Book T7005
  • Lexand LT-117
  • Kromax Intelligent book KR-701, KR-505, KR-430
  • E708 Black (something also Chinese)
  • ------
  • Ployer V10 is also a relative, but the MP4 player is

Add, do not be shy

FAQ
  • Effire TR701 FAQhere

Add-ons and suggestions to the author in a personalKISLbIUorcurator of the topic

Useful tips

useful links

Post has been editedvadeus - 30.10.16, 17:10
Reason for editing: edit

Rep: (133)
I have no problems with the radio. As such, it catches stations at the set frequencies. The sound is clear, without interference. Another thing is the autoscan. There are problems with him. You have to press the reader on both sides with your hands and close the jack at the base with your hand. Then it happens that it scans. But most often and easiest to set the frequency manually and save as a favorite. And by the way, the reception is carried out in the city center, if that)

Rep: (6)
It is working! : clap:
I took the snout 4-pin_jack ----> 3RCA from the iconbit media player, connected it, started the movie, chose the PAL output in the player menu in the "Scale" section - it seems good on a CRT TV. The buttons of the device with short presses switch to the next-previous movie, a long press - rewind forward and backward. there is no pause. When you click on the button with the square, it switches back to the reader screen.
But still great. An undocumented feature that developers themselves seem to not know about.

Post has been editednevalist - 18.11.11, 21:01

Rep: (3)
Call the TV cable please (for whom everything works), there are 4 segments on the jack, which one is going where? I want to solder myself.
Another moment in the device there is a round connector for the charger, has anyone tried to charge through it? what polarity is there? Charging from the same Nokia will work?

Post has been editedKeks650 - 19.11.11, 12:11

Rep: (81)
and there are games on it

Rep: (79)
On this device, I really like listening to music in .ape and .flac through the Sony MDR-E818LP headphones. The sound quality even surprised me, because I am a music lover with experience. True, it happens that .flac files sometimes freeze (as it seemed to me when the screen is off), does anyone have any thoughts on this subject?

Keks650 @ 11.19.2011, 13:10*
Charging from the same Nokia will work?

Nokia’s wife, I tried - zero emotions.

Has anyone tried installing firmwarehttp://www.aoicoo.com/UploadFile/2011-05/2...81004468386.rar? Reader with similar characteristics. In sysconfig, the same chip and device parameters. Description of the reader:http://www.aoicoo.com/cn/products_show.asp?id=54.
---
Put from a flash drive. The sensor turned out to be inverted vertically - changed the language to English (of course, there is no Russian) and calibrated. The games are colorful, the interface is not very. Radio works - all you have to do is select a band for Europe. Touch scrolling is more responsive and faster. The font in epub is small by default - as I like - I have never seen such a small font in any firmware before. The flipping animation is original, it works jokingly. At the bottom of the reading there is a status bar: current page number / total number of pages, percentage of reading progress bar, hours, battery level. Small print pdfs are surprisingly well readable. There is a "Minesweeper") Declared support for reading htm / html - I have not tried it.

Post has been editedlosber - 19.11.11, 19:01

Ring the tv cable please

And without dialing I’ll tell you: 4 pin 3.5 mm jacksweat
If you look from the beginning, from the side of the cable -
first segment - land (common)
second - video
third and fourth - audio
---
it turns out that if you use an audio cable (three-pin) - then the video pin closes to the common one - it is long for the audio, and for the four-pin all segments are the same size. In St. Petersburg on Juno, four-pin jacks are sold, you can solder yourself. It costs 10-20 rubles.

Charging from the same Nokia will work?

Better charge via USB. The network has information that from Nokiev readers "burned." You need to know the charging circuitry and the giveaway of it. the Chinese are very careless about this. Somewhere I left the Nokia charge burning the Nokia. when he began to understand, it turned out that she was giving out as much as 7 volts, which turned out to be too much. but
By the way, I have a device. what's in the profile, and so - it will only be charged if the charge produces 5.5 volts, no more no less. But there is special protection.

and there are games on it

Of course there is, only their installation is not available to the user.

Post has been editednevalist - 19.11.11, 21:35

Rep: (81)
and what I ask you can put

Indeed, what does not suit a complete charge? As a last resort, look for charging where 5V is clearly written. For example, I have such a charge from a Motorola L9 with a microusb connector. Convenience is only in the length of the wire and its flexibility, in comparison with conventional USB cables. Minus - the output current is small, only 550mA, as per the standard, and not 1.5A as in the native one (as it is written on charging), charging is unstable, the charging current jumps. Charge from such a device is likely to take much longer. And no one guarantees anything! All fraud at risk and risk!

Observations for 10 days of operation.
Radio reception improves when the screen is off (even if the station was not received at all with the screen on, it’s wonderful to catch it after turning it off). They have already spoken about this.
Once the screen went in strips -second for two (it looks like interference on a TV). then everything recovered.
If you hold the left side, then there is a spot of clamping the screen in the history and books area (marked with a circle). On the right side there is the same area. What can crush?
Attached Image
Connected to the TV through such a cable. Mono telly, cable did not fully insert (pulled out by 1.5 - 2 mm)
Attached Image

Post has been editedcolln - 20.11.11, 11:07

Rep: (15)
colln
Colln @ 11.20.2011, 12:05*
Connected to the TV through such a cable. Mono telly, cable did not fully insert (pulled out by 1.5 - 2 mm)

I confirm - in this way the video also shows on the TV, and the sound is output. I would know before - I did not buy a multimedia player.

You pull out the same garbage by 2 mm and there is video on the red RCA, but it doesn’t work with 4-pin, it seems to be shortening one of the audio channels from the video. If some show with 4-pin connector, while others do not - apparently there are different connectors.

All along the book was covered. Yesterday, bands ran across the screen. Today, color has changed in several places (apparently, either a screen lock or something else). I reset the settings to default, turned it off, turned it on, the screen was normal, I got to set it up, again the stripes. I turned it off, then I clicked it with the lever on-off. Turned on - the inclusion screen saver and that's it. no signs of life.
Exchange under warranty? Are there any office coordinates?

Post has been editedcolln - 21.11.11, 10:26

colln
Colln @ 11/21/2011, 11:10*
All along the book was covered.

The book is easy to understand. I would take it apart and move the display cable. Then it would be flashed with the original firmware.

KudryashovDA @ 11.21.2011, 11:43*
Then it would be flashed with the original firmware.
Original and stood. 1.2. Reluctant to climb (suddenly traces remain). Have you already had this?

colln
Colln @ 11.21.2011, 11:47*
Have you already had this?

This was not.
Stripes on the screen often indicate a lack of contact. But :
Colln @ 11/21/2011, 11:10*
climbed to set up again stripes

this could very well be due to a software failure. Question for what reason? If just an accident, then a flashing will help. If the memory goes away for example or is covered, then another. If you do not want to climb inside, then try to reflash.

If some show with 4-pin connector, while others do not - apparently there are different connectors.

The plugs are different - I have several, differ in the length of the segments. Apparently the Chinese are not very standard. So on some you really have to pick up a position.

In general, the welcome screen lights up and goes out. then after 20-30 seconds it repeats. fired up went out. Apparently somewhere something is inside. I tried to flash - the program does not see the device. I will change under warranty

Post has been editedcolln - 21.11.11, 19:38

If two in 1700 stand in place of one 2200, then why not try?
Native battery, does it have a built-in controller?
Surely the controller is on the board, and the battery has two wires. So I don’t see any problems to parallelize two batteries. At your own peril and risk, of course.
On the other hand, why is this necessary? Are you going on a business trip for a long time and the train is angry? Buy yourself an additional device with a solar battery and with the ability to charge from the mains, there are 1700 batteries there too, the Chinese have soldered a lot of them. And do not worry.

I will change under warranty

if there is a guarantee - use it. bless. Amen.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/10/19, 8:11 PM