> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Star A8000 - Discussion | Smartphone, 3.5 "

Rep: (878)
DiscussionStar A8000
PictureStar A8000
Description | Discussion пїЅ
  • Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

The topic is closed. If necessary, you can open a topic. For all questions regarding the topic contact the moderator subsectionEnlightened grandfather at QMS .

Post has been editedEnlightened grandfather - 13.07.16, 14:08

Rep: (14)
I bought this miracle on pandavilahttp://www.pandawill.com/a8000-3-6-inch-to...-cellphone.html
The main conclusion - the device works out its money by 150%
Sawed slightly android: rutanul and killed a bunch of unnecessary software. In general, the Chinese have done well with the software, they have set up a third-party luncher (GoLuncher), a lot of different software, however, I don’t really need it.
Put a dvuhsimovy dialer from herehttp://forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13512It works, but somehow crooked. The entered number is superimposed on the contacts. But it's still more convenient than a native dialer.
Initially there was a quiet sound in conversational dynamics, added through the engineering menu.
Foolishly decided to manually update the market (it seemed to be 1.6, updated to 2.06). After several sorties, the program shows, but does not load. I do not really need, but can then restore. Or find some new firmware. I think they already exist in nature.
Came with 2 batteries included. While testing one, it keeps well. In the average talk mode + Wi-Fi + software installation from morning to evening was discharged to 74%.
GPS is working fine. Put Progorod, everything works.
So far I could not use the flash as a flashlight. I tried a bunch of programs, none of them turn on the flash, although access to the camera is blocked. If someone tells you some work program, I will be immensely grateful!
Compared with MTS916:
+ better screen. Bigger and brighter
+ much better sound
+ g-sensor works in all directions
+ have a TV
+ 2 sims
- no 3G. But, in general, I don’t really need it in the phone, there are a lot of individual modems
- a little slower. But it doesn't matter.
- Big minus - the camera. Even bar codes from the monitor screen cannot be counted, not to mention some decent photos.
While everything seems to be. Ask, ready to answer.

Post has been editedSil-silent - 05.09.11, 22:52

Rep: (0)
Good day, I use the same appr, two questions, the sound disappeared when you press the "buttons", or rather you can barely hear the speakers work, and how to increase the volume of the conversational speaker through the engineering menu?

droid2.2.1 @ 09/06/2011, 23:16*
the sound disappeared when you press the "buttons", or rather you can barely hear the speakers working

On this issue, I'm afraid I will not tell you anything. If only in the settings of the android dig. There is a "sound profiles" item, maybe something has changed there.

droid2.2.1 @ 09/06/2011, 23:16*
How through the engineering menu to increase the volume of conversational dynamics?

i did so
1. enter the engineering menu (dial the combination on the phone screen) * # * # 3646633 # * # *
2. Choose item AUDIO
3. find the parameter Speech enhancement (which will be edited so that we can hear the caller well)
4. Click on Common Parameter and select - Normal mode
5. Click on Parameter - 0 and select Parameter - 6 (by default it is 400)
6. Start editing the parameter and change its value from 400 to 1 and then click on Set
7. Reboot the device
Helped me

Post has been editedPayalnik - 19.09.11, 12:22
Reason for editing: + from Lady_cat

Rep: (67)
- Big minus - the camera. Even bar codes from the monitor screen cannot be counted, not to mention some decent photos.

A big request is to post a photo taken with this phone to the topic.
PS Recently, many Chinese phones with an Android processor MTK6516 (A1000, A2000, A3000, A5000, A8000) have come out and even sellers confuse them: (

Silent Forest @ 09/07/2011, 15:05*
A big request is to post a photo taken with this phone to the topic.

I will insert a little later
but in general we can assume that there is no camera. Seriously. Suitable only for very extreme cases when no one else has a camera around

Here I have a problem - I can not make a flash with a flashlight. Actually searched with flash for this. But otherwise the device is completely satisfied. And the design pleased, and the quality of materials and assembly. About the rest wrote already. The battery especially pleases. I barely brought it to shutdown yesterday, today I charged it in full. An hour and a half of talking plus all kinds of wifai - the rest is 80%. If you do not talk and do not turn on the screen, it is discharged by a couple of percent per day

Post has been editedandreya70 - 07.09.11, 22:26

Rep: (2)
He also took it on pandavila. Say, how do you sound the music dynamics?
I have a lot of snoring at full volume, the headphones as well. Do not tell me what can be done?

I have the same phone.
Yesterday we bought it, and I am disappointed a bit.
Many applications in Chinese - nothing is clear ((((
I can not figure it out.
Maybe someone has a manual in Russian - skinte, I will be very grateful!
The player displays ALL tracks, not folders, half of the tracks are also in Chinese (although they are named on the English card).
Also, I can’t find whether it is possible to create contact groups and put on them certain music.
I felt like a concrete fool with this phone.
Please help with the instructions, but then I almost cry with this phone :(

Rep: (1)
I want to know if this Chinese phone can be used for games ... how do Engry Beards behave on it?
well, or what other toys
.. Well, in general, is there a 3d accelerator in it ???
and more .. battery leap enough?
and the volume of the external speaker as?

Post has been editedlpq66 - 18.09.11, 23:22

Rep: (472)
+1 the same question interests ..
How is it with performance?

Is 416 MHz not enough?

Does anyone put the same toys? brakes no?

Put a few toys, a little slow down, but playable.

Rep: (1)
Put a few toys, a little slow down, but playable.

Can you tell me more about the games?

How do Engry Beards behave on it?

the birds are quite decently go. Slightly slow down when loading, if transferred to a memory card. And from the phone's memory without any brakes

and more .. battery leap enough?

I have a record - 5 days, but with a small amount of talk and generally without any other excesses

and the volume of the external speaker as?

This is the strength of the Chinese side. : D Do not miss the call. But the vibrating alert is not the strongest. But still sensitive.

Lady_cat @ 09/18/2011, 10:48 PM*
I can't figure out the settings. Maybe someone has a manual in Russian - discard it, I will be very grateful! The player displays ALL tracks, not folders, half of the tracks are also in Chinese (although they are named on the card in English). I also cannot find is it possible to create groups of contacts and put on them certain music

Phone on android, and without any external bells and whistles. Only GO Luncher stands instead of the standard one.Go launcher
Therefore, any suitable Russian-language textbook on android. Short tutorial - FAK from the capAndroid OS FAQ
Well, then - the Internet and Yandex. For example, this site can help.http://nandroid.ru/
Or many others

andreya70,
thank! I slightly increased the volume when talking using the engineering menu, but still the volume wants the best, what parameters need to be changed to increase the sound?
And how can I increase the sensitivity of the microphone?
Thank!

Found a market that works fine instead of accidentally remote
First put vending, then updater
Updater is installed instead of the old system, without it the market crashes

Posted on 09/19/2011, 22:53:

Lady_cat @ 09/19/2011, 10:20 PM*
And how can I increase the sensitivity of the microphone?

In the engineering menu section audio / normal mode
FIR0 do not touch, choose a microphone and REDUCE the number. I have 19. If you put less, you immediately get the sound of a pickup (zhzhuzhanie) of the person with whom I am talking.

Attached files

Attached fileVending.apk(764.12 KB)
Attached fileMarketUpdater.apk(7.02 KB)

Post has been editedSil-silent - 21.09.11, 09:52
Reason for editing: + from Lady_cat

I have an A9000 guys, how can I turn off the auto answer? otherwise, if I’m calling for 3 seconds, it starts connecting. I can’t find anything = (

Search somewhere in settings — call setup — call forwarding — if you don't answer. There you need to uncheck

Post has been editedLady_cat - 21.09.11, 07:38
Reason for editing: error

Yozzhyk @ 09/20/2011, 17:38*
How can I turn off auto answer? otherwise, if I’m calling for 3 seconds, it starts connecting. I can’t find it = (

In addition to the settings of the android, you can see in the engineering menu. There is almost at the bottom of the item AutoAnswer. When you enter it, there is only one button with an inscription. If Disable is written on it, then auto answer is ON! It is necessary to click, appears Enable. Then reboot.

As promised, I post photos from the camera
The quality is much below average, macro does not support, bar codes do not read
And, the saddest thing for me, I could not use the flash as a flashlight

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Andrew, tell me!
I slightly increased the volume when talking using the engineering menu, but still the volume wants the best, what parameters need to be changed to increase the sound?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/31/19, 01:37