Barnes & Noble NOOK - programs | Subtleties of use.

Rep: (1248)
Programs forBarnes & Noble NOOK (The Simple Touch Reader)
Discussion пїЅ | Description | FAQ пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Programs пїЅ | Programs for BB

In this topic, there is a discussion of the subtleties of using Android programs under this reader. Please remember that this is still a reader and an overly enthusiastic discussion of programs not related to reading can be removed.

What system applications have the right to live in memory?
Android System
Settings Storage
AnySoftKeyboard (or similar keyboard)
Superuser (Superuser)

All other installed applications, such as:

Cool reader
Super manager
Launcher7
Button savior

or similar - at your personal discretion!

Favorites
  • aFlibusta- an application to facilitate the search, download and catalog books from Flibusta.
  • AnySoftKeyboard- multilingual keyboard.
  • Bookmate- e-book reader (FB2 / EPUB) with synchronization service between different devices (video, overview).
  • Button savior- on-screen buttons (Back, Home, Menu).
  • Colornote- a simple notebook (notepad) with a reminder function, calendar, backup and synchronization.
  • Cool reader- the best, to date, e-book reader with support for multiple formats and very flexible settings (video, overview).
  • Dropbox- an application and service for storing files, synchronizing and sharing them.2GB is provided free to every user!
  • Dropsync- application to synchronize directories Dropbox and android device.
  • FBReader- e-book reader with convenient style settings and the ability to send quotes to social networks, etc. (video, overview)
  • File manager hd- convenient file manager with ROOT functions, light theme, bookmarks, archiver, network connections, etc.
  • Fora dictionary- Dictionary-translator with support for a variety of dictionaries and integration into the reader Cool Reader and FBReader.
  • Google docs- an application to access the Google Docs service (documents and files stored there).
  • Jbak keyboard- another keyboard (take version 0.95).
  • jkAppSwitch- switching and terminating applications.
  • KeePassDroid- password manager. Works well in conjunction with the Opera browser.
  • Lightning launcher- simple fast and compact launcher.
  • Market Enabler- includes access to all applications from the Market when activating the state operator's profile (T-Mobile or AT & T).
  • MoreLocale- changes the localization (language) of the application interface to ... Russian or another supported.
  • OI File Manager- a simple file manager with a Russian interface, minimal functionality, the ability to open files in associated applications.
  • Opera Mini / Opera Mobile- a browser that works correctly and stably on the Nook Touch (video).
  • Orientation Control- helps to expand the screen in landscape orientation and return to portrait.
  • Orion Viewer- Book reader in the formats CBZ, DjVu, PDF, XPS.
  • Quick boot- quick reboot / shutdown of the device.
  • Relaunch- launcher readers.
  • Screenshot- simple and reliable application for getting screenshots.
  • Search Market- application to search for applications in the Market. Solves the problem of the search system NOOK Touch.
  • Super manager- task manager, applications, files, backups.
  • Web Translator Lite- we translate pages in Opera browser from one language to another using the Google Translate service.
  • UC Browser / Ucweb- Another browser that decently works on the NOOK Touch.
  • WifiWidget- Widget for quick, informative and convenient on / off Wi-Fi.
  • Zeam Launcher Rus- Optimal application launcher and home screen for NOOK Touch with Russian interface.

Useless
AirRuntime.apk
Browser.apk
DeviceRegistrator.apk
Gallery.apk
GoogleSearch.apk
Music.apk
NookCommunity.apk
Phone.apk
PicoTts.apk
QuickStartActivity.apk
Social.apk
TelephonyProvider.apk
TtsService.apk

Installing applications on firmware 1.2.0 is made from the internal memory of NOOK Simple Touch!

If the apk-files do not want to be installed, referring to the ban, launch the Nook Color Tools application and uncheck / check the check box in it that is responsible for third-party applications.

Screensavers : http://ordruf.at.ua/Hammerise/Misc/NOOK.htm
Thanks -hammerise.

Deepdusky
1. auto unlock nuk without svayp -https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...Y2tzY3JlZW4iXQ..
This is a paid version, after reboot for 2 seconds shows the desktop ...
there is a free version -https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...C51bmxvY2tlciJd ,
but after rebooting, it immediately shows not Nuk's desktop, but opens its own window, which is somewhat inconvenient for me personally ... therefore, I have stopped at the paid version ... + glitch with a partial update, as in the case of NoLock noticed ... if I notice, then I will unsubscribe ...
2. more or less worthy analogue of InstaFetch for deferred reading, Andreader prog -https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...W5kcmVhZGVyMiJd
or you can take from the forum -AndReader
from the pros:
- there is a display of pictures in offline mode ...
- supports work with Instapaper and Pocket (Read It later) ...
of the minuses:
- somewhat small text and the inability to use your fonts ...
- the buttons on the Nook do not work, but you can set up tapas - the bottom half is down, the top one is up ...
- no partial update

Articles

The curator of the topic isBillard

Post has been editedBillard - 29.01.14, 11:19

Rep: (1)
time is not synchronized.
the time zone is determined correctly, on Nuka the clock shows a different time. Clock Synch cannot sync. I can’t get to the time in the settings either. who can tell what?

Rep: (542)
* Nakhsh,
I can be mistaken, but in ClockSync can I set it manually, no?
if you know what ADB is -Barnes & Noble NOOK (The Simple Touch Reader) - firmware (Post Kramar111 # 56048122)

Post has been editedKramar111 - 20.08.19, 16:43

Rep: (1)
Kolyan33 @ 08/08/19, 19:56*
I don’t even know how to transfer books to a reader from a smartphone through the air.

If I need to drop books from my smartphone to Nuk, then I usually do this:

1. Both devices in hand, at home. I turn on the wifi there and there, if it is turned off. On nuka - I launch "Samba Filesharing" .apk is called that. I copy what I need from the smartphone with the file manager (the label (s) on the folder (s) of the nook should be done once, in advance, so that it is faster).

2. Only a smartphone with me, I found "what to read later." I throw it in the cloud, then I pick it up with the same file manager or opera mini.

Post has been editedBarbados3 - 21.08.19, 22:38

Rep: (5)
there are those who setthis cooler? Interested in adjusting the full page refresh. By default, it is completely updated every time you turn over, which is not good for acb.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/29/19, 11:15 PM