Barnes & Noble NOOK - programs | Subtleties of use.

Rep: (1248)
Programs forBarnes & Noble NOOK (The Simple Touch Reader)
Discussion » | Description | FAQ » | Firmware » | Programs » | Programs for BB

In this topic, there is a discussion of the subtleties of using Android programs under this reader. Please remember that this is still a reader and an overly enthusiastic discussion of programs not related to reading can be removed.

What system applications have the right to live in memory?
Android System
Settings Storage
AnySoftKeyboard (or similar keyboard)
Superuser (Superuser)

All other installed applications, such as:

Cool reader
Super manager
Launcher7
Button savior

or similar - at your personal discretion!

Favorites
  • aFlibusta- an application to facilitate the search, download and catalog books from Flibusta.
  • AnySoftKeyboard- multilingual keyboard.
  • Bookmate- e-book reader (FB2 / EPUB) with synchronization service between different devices (video, overview).
  • Button savior- on-screen buttons (Back, Home, Menu).
  • Colornote- a simple notebook (notepad) with a reminder function, calendar, backup and synchronization.
  • Cool reader- the best, to date, e-book reader with support for multiple formats and very flexible settings (video, overview).
  • Dropbox- an application and service for storing files, synchronizing and sharing them.2GB is provided free to every user!
  • Dropsync- application to synchronize directories Dropbox and android device.
  • FBReader- e-book reader with convenient style settings and the ability to send quotes to social networks, etc. (video, overview)
  • File manager hd- convenient file manager with ROOT functions, light theme, bookmarks, archiver, network connections, etc.
  • Fora dictionary- Dictionary-translator with support for a variety of dictionaries and integration into the reader Cool Reader and FBReader.
  • Google docs- an application to access the Google Docs service (documents and files stored there).
  • Jbak keyboard- another keyboard (take version 0.95).
  • jkAppSwitch- switching and terminating applications.
  • KeePassDroid- password manager. Works well in conjunction with the Opera browser.
  • Lightning launcher- simple fast and compact launcher.
  • Market Enabler- includes access to all applications from the Market when activating the state operator's profile (T-Mobile or AT & T).
  • MoreLocale- changes the localization (language) of the application interface to ... Russian or another supported.
  • OI File Manager- a simple file manager with a Russian interface, minimal functionality, the ability to open files in associated applications.
  • Opera Mini / Opera Mobile- a browser that works correctly and stably on the Nook Touch (video).
  • Orientation Control- helps to expand the screen in landscape orientation and return to portrait.
  • Orion Viewer- Book reader in the formats CBZ, DjVu, PDF, XPS.
  • Quick boot- quick reboot / shutdown of the device.
  • Relaunch- launcher readers.
  • Screenshot- simple and reliable application for getting screenshots.
  • Search Market- application to search for applications in the Market. Solves the problem of the search system NOOK Touch.
  • Super manager- task manager, applications, files, backups.
  • Web Translator Lite- we translate pages in Opera browser from one language to another using the Google Translate service.
  • UC Browser / Ucweb- Another browser that decently works on the NOOK Touch.
  • WifiWidget- Widget for quick, informative and convenient on / off Wi-Fi.
  • Zeam Launcher Rus- Optimal application launcher and home screen for NOOK Touch with Russian interface.

Useless
AirRuntime.apk
Browser.apk
DeviceRegistrator.apk
Gallery.apk
GoogleSearch.apk
Music.apk
NookCommunity.apk
Phone.apk
PicoTts.apk
QuickStartActivity.apk
Social.apk
TelephonyProvider.apk
TtsService.apk

Installing applications on firmware 1.2.0 is made from the internal memory of NOOK Simple Touch!

If the apk-files do not want to be installed, referring to the ban, launch the Nook Color Tools application and uncheck / check the check box in it that is responsible for third-party applications.

Screensavers : http://ordruf.at.ua/Hammerise/Misc/NOOK.htm
Thanks -hammerise.

Deepdusky
1. auto unlock nuk without svayp -https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...Y2tzY3JlZW4iXQ..
This is a paid version, after reboot for 2 seconds shows the desktop ...
there is a free version -https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...C51bmxvY2tlciJd ,
but after rebooting, it immediately shows not Nuk's desktop, but opens its own window, which is somewhat inconvenient for me personally ... therefore, I have stopped at the paid version ... + glitch with a partial update, as in the case of NoLock noticed ... if I notice, then I will unsubscribe ...
2. more or less worthy analogue of InstaFetch for deferred reading, Andreader prog -https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...W5kcmVhZGVyMiJd
or you can take from the forum -AndReader
from the pros:
- there is a display of pictures in offline mode ...
- supports work with Instapaper and Pocket (Read It later) ...
of the minuses:
- somewhat small text and the inability to use your fonts ...
- the buttons on the Nook do not work, but you can set up tapas - the bottom half is down, the top one is up ...
- no partial update

Articles

The curator of the topic isBillard

Post has been editedBillard - 29.01.14, 11:19

Rep: (1293)
Cool Reader reads almost all popular “text” formats, has a flexible setup of tap-zones.
FBReader does an excellent job with the main EPUB / FB2 / MOBI book formats.

Editing text is, of course, an interesting feature, but ...
Do most readers need it, and even in devices with limited access to the file system?
Why convert rich text to plain text? - not at all clear.

Rep: (3)
Well, apparently I have not yet seen the tap settings on Culrider. I’ve been on android since Friday evening.
Not all books are in text formats. It’s convenient to throw the doc into TXT and view it by Alrider - and edit the original by tips from the reader. Or simply - there will be a file, even in RTF - Alrider will cope.
And conversion - sometimes it is necessary to correct something, and the Text market will slow down / glucan. Here I used Alrider as an emergency converter - whatever it bugs, he will read the file and make it possible to work with it.
But, they don’t flash Nukov on Windows ... So, I’m mastering a new one

MNG @ 07/18/2011, 13:03*
Not all books are in text formats. It is convenient to throw dokh in tkht

Not all. There is also a PDF, etc.
Cool Reader reads: fb2, epub (without DRM), txt, doc, rtf, html, chm, tcr, pdb, prc, mobi (without DRM), pml.

Is this really not enough for you? Why convert something?
And you can correct a text file in any text editor ...

Post has been editedBillard - 18.07.11, 14:29

Rep: (3)
As they say in the East - “Let it bloom a hundred flowers” ​​Kulrider enriched with icons-commands in the lower tray - Hurray!
Alrider port on Android - Viva!
V. Levchenko - Lbuk will surpass the iPad - Hi live!
If only contributed to the spread of literacy, communication with literature.
And if it's closer to the prose of life - how do you manage to put commas on the Russian Keyboard? I didn’t see a way ...

Rep: (300)
article on prostodroid.com
(What) How to read on Android?

The latest version of Cool Readerbegan to support all 4 buttons scrolling NOOK Touch!

Post has been editedBillard - 26.07.11, 20:58

Rep: (58)
Familiar withBookmate- I realized what the Nook Touch is missing. Or built-in this program as a reader by default, or the functionality of this program in the native reader. I mean deferred reading - on one device I started reading, on the other I continued. Thousand devils! I’m even ready to vote in rubles for such a thing!

I realized what the Nook Touch is missing. Or built-in this program as a reader by default, or the functionality of this program in the native reader.

Embed is not entirely clear how and where?
The only thing I can assume is to add the function of downloading books to the application, both on the site (from the device or via the link), as well as bookmarks and other little things in life.

And in the native reader, the principle of synchronization has long been implemented.
Only, it is limited exclusively to books received from Barnes & Noble.

Scrolling buttons forFBReader(version 1.1.8 and higher):http://db.tt/bPG3Fpl(put the file in the folder with books “sdcard / Books”, usually)

Post has been editedBillard - 28.07.11, 11:08

Rep: (5)
Biga73 @ 07.28.2011, 02:07*
I mean deferred reading - on one device I started reading, on the other I continued. Thousand devils! I’m even ready to vote in rubles for such a thing!

Well, if you are ready to ruble, then please. Buy an iPod, iPad, iPhone and enjoy. For them there is such an iBooks program. The program itself is completely free. Reads epub and pdf. Supports synchronization of bookmarks, collections, etc. (including current reading location) by air.

Post has been editedvlad.cba - 30.07.11, 05:35

Rep: (5)
Tell me, pliz, which keyboards with support for many languages ​​work on the wheelbarrow?
Especially interestedGO Keyboard
On Nook Color, I have it primary.

Vlad.cba @ 08/08/2011, 15:47*
which keyboards with support for many languages ​​work on the wheelbarrow?

In theory, any keyboard should work, but ...
There are difficulties with their installation and use of some.

I use and recommend Russian Keyboard:http://t.co/FSk5HaG
On NOOK Color, I have a Hacker's Keyboard:http://t.co/p1vjRcd

Post has been editedBillard - 08.08.11, 16:17

Rep: (2)
I bought this book for a child while I dabble myself. Instead of ZEAM Launcher put GO Ex. Good thing, it seemed more convenient to me. Did anyone manage to install Firefox? The opera somehow does not please with convenience. I put a couple more browsers, but all are kind of buggy. The Hangman toy is fun, in full screen and the size of the buttons just right.

Post has been editedsteelpuppyman - 09.08.11, 10:08

Steelpuppyman @ 08/09/2011, 10:07*
Instead of ZEAM Launcher put GO Ex. Good thing, it seemed more convenient to me.

What is more convenient, if not secret?

Steelpuppyman @ 08/09/2011, 10:07*
Did anyone manage to install Firefox? The opera somehow does not please with convenience.

I haven’t even tried it. I think that there is no chance of normal work.
Opera is the only browser so far that is functioning normally.

Rep: (300)
Billard @ 08/09/2011, 11:17*
I haven’t even tried it. I think that there is no chance of normal work.
Opera is the only browser so far that is functioning normally.

and don’t try ... the firefly is still buggy ... on the subject I did not try, there were enough jambs on the ats100 ...

By the way, if it’s again about Kindle, look at the articlehere...
I like it...

Posted on 08/09/2011, 10:46:

Go EX, IMHO of course, will be more functional than Zeam ...

Post has been editedDeepdusky - 09.08.11, 10:47

I will be glad for links to games that are not too demanding on hardware and normally go on a subject, you can even make a list to the top.
Here's an example:https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jaja.viselica

Steelpuppyman @ 08/09/2011, 11:28*
I would be happy for links to the game ...

NOOK Touch is a reader, not a player!

Something I can not find in any way how to remove unnecessary widgets from the desktop ??

Mctwist @ 08/10/2011, 02:26*
How to remove unnecessary widgets from the desktop?

Drag to the basket that appears at the bottom of the screen (for Zeam Launchera).
Press and hold until the menu with the “delete” item appears (for ADW Launcher).
Other options for launchers - by analogy.

Post has been editedBillard - 10.08.11, 07:28

Rep: (58)
Speaking of shelves, and reading rooms with shelves. Tested now CoolReader, MoonReader, Aldiko, Fbreader, NomadReader. (250 books were in the library). NomadReader sorts books most adequately - sorts by authors, and then shows a shelf with books (of the necessary author). For everyone else, choosing the right author and the right book requires MUCH more body movements.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/22/19, 19:48