> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Sony Ericsson Xperia mini - Marriage and Repair | ST15i

Rep: (878)
Marriage and RepairSony Ericsson XPERIA Mini ST15i Smultron
PictureST15i
Description | Discussion пїЅ | FAQ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Firmware 4.0.4 пїЅ

Notable Marriage Cases
Spontaneous operation of the touch keys
When connected to a PC, the sensor behaves incorrectly.
The sensor does not respond to pressing in hot weather.

Methods of dealing with marriage
As a rule, contact the SC
Software update to latest ICS version
Installing the script when the keys are triggeredSony Ericsson Xperia mini - Marriage (Post # 16318248)
It helps when pressing the sensor with wet fingers (actual in summer)Sony Ericsson Xperia mini - Marriage (Post # 22279321)
Turn off the backlight soft keys programmatically. It helps.
Calibrate the touch screen device. Instructions in English (no translation).

Comrades who are suspected of having a marriage are advised, first of all, to update their appliance software to the latest version (ICS 4.1.B.0.587). And then unsubscribe here, if not helped..

For questions about filling the caps contact the curator of the topic.prior_oriin LAN or QMS

Post has been editedNikCher - 27.02.17, 04:24

Rep: (3)
The topic "marriage" is closed, I report purely for statistics: 10/21/2011 I bought the ST15i, but I only used 2 hours. Well, you understand - the new phone is not being released from the hands, it is being studied, it is being set up. But after I left him alone - a very unpleasant defect was discovered. About a minute after the screen goes off, a reboot occurs. Enter PIN - and everything repeats. Standby - turn off the screen - hang - reboot. I read a related topic about the X10 mini, but I did not find a solution. I took it to the guarantee, I'm waiting for the verdict.

Rep: (83)
I have the same, bought 19 numbers. Here almost two weeks I use. Of the visible flaws, I found that it is impossible so far to get a root. And the second - connecting to a PC, the sensor on the screen is working abnormally.

Rep: (0)
Why is the topic closed? Many people have a problem with the false (spontaneous) triggering of the “return” touch button. Under different operating conditions of the device. Can enter a vote to find out how common this problem is?

I updated the software through the PCCompanoin program (it was bundled on a flash drive) remained Android 2.3.4, build version 4.0.2.A.0.42, the sensors began to work normally, there are no glitches, it gets root, the buttons work, everything seems fine. The only thing I did not try is Wi-Fi as: it works or not, because I heard that some people connect but it does not work on the Internet.
How will the opportunity to test accomplish your goal.
In principle, I could take on the topic, but there is one problem - I do not have internet at home now.

There were problems with the sensor on the screen when connected to a PC.
Took it to the store, something nagued now everything is working fine)

Have you tried to go through wifi to the Internet?

VladGTX @ Today, 11:51*
Wi-fi works fine, connect according to the standard n

It pleases, that means I don’t find the minuses in the phone, in the physical part ...
If someone finds a problem - write, I will try to help)

Posted on 11/10/2011, 23:50:

Lesnuk @ 11/04/2011, 11:36 PM*
Why is the topic closed? Many people have a problem with the false (spontaneous) triggering of the “return” touch button. Under different operating conditions of the device. Can enter a vote to find out how common this problem is?

Under what conditions does this happen, tell me in detail.

Posted on 11/10/2011, 23:52:

Fertilizer @ 10/31/2011, 10:37*
The topic "marriage" is closed, I report purely for statistics: 10/21/2011 I bought the ST15i, but I only used 2 hours. Well, you understand - the new phone is not being released from the hands, it is being studied, it is being set up. But after I left him alone - a very unpleasant defect was discovered. About a minute after the screen goes off, a reboot occurs. Enter PIN - and everything repeats. Standby - turn off the screen - hang - reboot. I read a related topic about the X10 mini, but I did not find a solution. I took it to the guarantee, I'm waiting for the verdict.

Then say what the problem is?

Sil-Silent @ 08/22/2011, 12:04*
Spoiler (+/-) (Known cases of marriage)
When connected to a PC, the sensor does not work normally.

The whole problem is only in the firmware, this is not a marriage, this is a buggy firmware, above I put the build number at which everything works fine, at least for me.

Rep: (15)
Dolod @ 11/10/2011, 11:52 PM*
Under what conditions does this happen, tell in detail

I’ll tell you. It usually starts after five or ten minutes after starting any game. The response interval is first 5-6 seconds, then more often, every second. He was in his trouser pocket, he was probably warming up from body heat.

Johnny_od @ Today, 14:39*
Quote (Dolod @ 11/10/2011, 11:52 PM)
Under what conditions does this happen, tell in detail
I’ll tell you. It usually starts after five or ten minutes after starting any game. The response interval is first 5-6 seconds, then more often, every second. He was in his trouser pocket, he was probably warming up from body heat.

In general, another question, there were no physical effects on the phone? It just works fine for me. Try to flash your phone with a default flash driver on a standard firmware. And perhaps this is really a mistake in the physical part and it is better to take it to the service center.

I report on my problem: I hung up the phone for 2 weeks in the service, the answers weren't spoiled by the diversity: test - transferred to Kiev - test - take.
Replaced the motherboard, then still a marriage.

Johnny_od @ Today, 15:44*
I tried to update via PC Companion, nothing comes out, at the stage of "checking the phone" the computer hangs "tightly", the phone turns off.
There were no physical effects on the phone.

Apparently you also have a system marriage, try to take the best option to the service center)

Posted on 11/14/2011, 17:20:

Fertilizer @ Today 18:12*
I report on my problem: I hung up the phone for 2 weeks in the service, the answers weren't spoiled by the diversity: test - transferred to Kiev - test - take.

Yeah) means all the same marriage. We will not assume that this is a system error.

Rep: (78)
What is written onoffsite:

I’ve made it for meabove 11w38 It wasn’t any idea how to take xperia mini or galaxy ace?

And further:

11w32 for mine. Thanks for all the posters here for the valuable info. I’ve noticed that they’ve proceeded to do it. After 2 Hours, I was able to collect. Android also got updated to 2.3.4.
Multiple applications for multiple applications (I used norton utilities to measure temps). Butthe buttons are still a-ok :-).

Briefly translated:
the first one says that the service said that phones released after the 38th week of 2011 cannot be calibrated.
the second says that he has 32 weeks of 2011, he was calibrated (in Singapore) and everything works fine.

love3k @ Today, 22:59*
What do they write on the offsite:

Briefly translated:
the first one says that the service said that phones released after the 38th week of 2011 cannot be calibrated.
the second says that he has 32 weeks of 2011, he was calibrated (in Singapore) and everything works fine.

Of course, I can understand everything, but in any case, if someone takes care of and makes the firmware, it will be all the same when it is released, it’s just that the normal ones didn’t make the firmware most likely, since the new phone is still new)

Rep: (162)
Fertilizer @ 11/14/2011, 18:12*

If it is not difficult, please post the week of production (on the sticker under the battery on the right an inscription like 11W35) and the file /system/etc/hw_config.sh.

Rep: (148)
Hello. need your help. After updating to 2.3.4, the phone began to vibrate and a window pops up when you press the function button and back. It feels like the sensor buttons are closing. Phone less than a month. Has anyone seen this?

P.S The firmware and general reset do not give anything, because after a while it starts to fail again.

Post has been editedSpartak1245 - 14.11.11, 23:37

yurc @ 11/14/2011, 21:44*
If it is not difficult, please post the week of production (on the sticker under the battery on the right an inscription like 11W35) and the file /system/etc/hw_config.sh.

The inscription is this, 35 week))
File attached.
If something seems strange, pliz inform.

Attached files

Attached filehw_config.rar(1.02 KB)

Rep: (78)
I will add for statistics from offsite: Slovenia, 11W31 - there is a problem of overheating.

By the way, I communicated with a person close to SE (firm-distributor). The answer to my question about overheating ST15i was this: Android smartphones ALL overheat from time to time.

Post has been editedlove3k - 15.11.11, 11:48

The problem with connecting to the Internet via GPRS / EDGE / 3G:

Immediately after switching on, it connects normally, and if you try to connect after 2-3 hours, it does not go to any, although the arrow icon is present and the up arrow on the outgoing data periodically turns white, and down constantly gray. And so with all applications, including browser, maps, Gmail, etc. Neither the inclusion / disconnection of data transmission, nor the change of mode to GSM / 3G / mixed does not help. After rebooting, everything becomes normal again. The APN settings are correct, the operator Megafon / Beeline, tried different sims.

Warriva @ Today, 20:04*
The problem with connecting to the Internet via GPRS / EDGE / 3G:

Immediately after switching on, it connects normally, and if you try to connect after 2-3 hours, it does not go to any, although the arrow icon is present and the up arrow on the outgoing data periodically turns white, and down constantly gray. And so with all applications, including browser, maps, Gmail, etc. Neither the inclusion / disconnection of data transmission, nor the change of mode to GSM / 3G / mixed does not help. After rebooting, everything becomes normal again. The APN settings are correct, the operator Megafon / Beeline, tried different sims.

Try to reflash, because this is already a firmware error.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07.23.19, 23:14