"Laboratory" | Smoking room for IT and sympathizers.

Rep: (2699)

The topic is intended for the exchange of interesting information, announcements of new products of the IT industry, discussion of technical issues that do not fall under the theme of any of the existing topics. Also here you can setmonosyllabic question about your problem if you don't know for sure what topic to do it. Our gurus will prompt you the necessary, or give an answer directly to the topic. A light technical flame is allowed here, but without fanaticism.
The subject is prohibited: flood, holivary and other restrictions imposedForum RulesandRules section "My Computer".
useful links
<!-- A-Z Index of the Windows CMD command line -->
List of registry hives
ADK(Windows performance recorder)
Windows 8 vs 7
... to be continued
System administrators are divided into 3 categories: those who do not make backups, those who already make backups and those who already make and check the possibility of recovery

Post has been editedShoore - 14.05.16, 16:52

Rep: (609)
Shoore @ 11/19/2011, 17:41*
But did not try any of the work of this comrade?

Hmm, I have not tried :) But there are all the assemblies>700 mb, as I understand it. And for starters, I need it to start loading from something (floppy disk \ CD drive) :) Although there is usb, you cannot boot from it.
* The machine, by the way, is interesting :) A real Japanese, the size of modern netbooks (when my father brought it, I thought he bought a netbook), thin (I saw the rover, too, of the 98th year - it’s generally easier to hit them))) and lightweight. The availability of usb pleased separately. It is a pity that the battery was covered there and the operatives are only 64 meters. And so it would be quite viable for office affairs.

Post has been editedDr @ ko_n - 19.11.11, 16:56

Dr @ ko_n , sorry with USB not loading ... It would be much more interesting.

Posted on 11/19/2011, 17:05:

By the way, throughPlopdid not try?

Post has been editedShoore - 19.11.11, 17:10

Shoore @ 11/19/2011, 18:05*
By the way, did you try through PLOP?

Oh, I haven’t even heard of him until today. Now let's try ...

Rep: (1146)
Dr @ ko_n @ 11/19/2011, 16:42*
And why in a fra mouse in the command line?

To highlight the team of course)

Dr @ ko_n @ 11/19/2011, 16:16*
* And another sporting interest - what’s new on this piece of iron.

And what kind of hard drive? Maybe it makes sense to pick up the adapter and fill it with another computer on it?

Volodya @ 11/19/2011, 9:41 PM*
To highlight the team of course)

for copy paste, as I understand it?
Volodya @ 11/19/2011, 9:41 PM*
And what kind of hard drive?

2.5 inches mini-IDE. I have no adept. A friend has the opportunity. But I still have to get to it :) Now I’ll test the version with PLOP ...

Dr @ ko_n,
Dr @ ko_n @ 11.19.2011, 21:05*
for copy paste, as I understand it?

Aha
Dr @ ko_n @ 11.19.2011, 21:05*
But you still have to get to it.

If you get there, you'll increase the chances of a first-class fan)
By the way, installing old lines, what is the likelihood that turnips will be alive and you will find easy software?

Rep: (730)
Since there has been talk about FreeBSD - how do I install it correctly so that there are no problems loading Windows, as it happened the last time?

Volodya @ 11/19/2011, 10:09 PM*
installing old lines

why old? Frya is the last stable release) LXDE + Opera turned out even faster than puppy linux with seamonkey and some kind of light graph shell. Actually, he removed the puppy just because it turned out to be clumsy. And the turnips are not crowded.
Deb is also trying to stick the latest release. Let's see what comes out: blush:

zusicks438,
maybe a cap issue, but there on the menu when installing the bootloader there were options - like "if you have nothing to do now - it’s better to have such and such an item, if another OS is already installed, then another option". Choose the right option? : blush:

Post has been editedDr @ ko_n - 19.11.11, 21:42

Dr @ ko_n,
Yes. The trick was that the installation went to the unused part of the bootMgr boot disk. And yet this kind of engribution happened.

Post has been editedzusicks438 - 19.11.11, 21:40

zusicks438 , well, you didn’t format the section in vain, you just had to remove activity from it and smoke Google for joint loading of systems.

Um ... damn, it's not that simple ... the partition that I created using regular Windows tools, FreeBSD did not see at all (or somehow crookedly saw). And I don’t understand ... where did I put it, some kind of drive H appeared, but in terms of meaning it couldn’t appear ... there wouldn’t be enough space ...

Posted on 11/19/2011, 21:44:

Shoore,
I already didn’t have FreeBSD there anyway, and install it if not for long. The important thing is that it is installed the hell knows where.

Probably, it is not necessary to create a partition using the Windows tools. Just leave an empty disk space and during installation read carefully what BSD offers there. Probably he doesn’t need more than one section, and he does not support more than 4 main ICBMs, and that’s why it hasn’t grown somewhere ...

created by regular means of Windows, FreeBSD did not see at all (or somehow crookedly saw).

Probably created in the extended section? There, Frya does not see partitions. At least I didn’t see it.

Post has been editedDr @ ko_n - 19.11.11, 21:53

Rep: (889)
Frya creates one main slice, i.e. eats one record :)
And already inside it there is a separate conversation ...
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbo...ganization.html
Yes, in a way this all reminds a bunch of sections in an extended section ...

Post has been editedStasman - 19.11.11, 23:44

Since there has been talk about FreeBSD - how do I install it correctly so that there are no problems loading Windows, as it happened the last time?

oh I don’t know .. You would describe how you set it, maybe we will find a mistake .. But so far you’re 99% sure that you did something rudely, you didn’t stick it ...
Dr @ [email protected], 21:26*
why old?

Something seems to me that even with LXDE it will swap to disk ... Today's browsers have stolen so much that ...

Volodya @ 11.20.2011, 00:00*
that you did something rudely, didn’t put it in there ...

Yes, there’s nothing to do with it)) It later appeared when I replaced Ubuntu with FreeBSD, because by manipulating Repair Disc I ruined the BootMgr bootloader.

StasMan @ 11/19/2011, 11:43 PM*
Frya creates one main slice, i.e. eats one record And already inside it there is a separate conversation ...http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbo...ganization.htmlYessomehow it all resembles a bunch of sections in an extended section ...

Now I read what that means.

Posted on 11/20/2011, 10:24:

freebsd.org
This diagram shows the first drive connected to the IDE system in terms of FreeBSD. Suppose the disk size is 4 GB and it contains two 2 GB slices (MS-DOS partitions). The first slice contains the MS-DOS drive, C :, and the second slice contains the installed FreeBSD. In this example, the installed FreeBSD has three data partitions and a swap partition.

Cool. It didn’t give me anything :) I’m trying to understand how and where to stick FreeBSD during installation. There are local C: and D: drives on Windows. What should I do to prevent FreeBSD from killing me Windows and taking place, say, in 30GB + Swap?

Post has been editedzusicks438 - 20.11.11, 10:25

Rep: (34)
"rude"
What Grub is meant?

Zusicks438 @ 11.20.2011, 11:24*
There are local C: and D: drives on Windows. What should I do to prevent FreeBSD from killing me Windows and taking place, say, in 30GB + Swap?

Just make room in the root in the right amount, but not inextendedsection (Gparted circles the extended section in blue, for example). Then when it comes to disk layout during installation - use this place to create a slice (it will be unused in the amount allotted to you).

* I stuck the 6th debian on the laptop: lol: It did not work through PLOP, but another way helped. Even openoffice starts up))

Post has been editedDr @ ko_n - 20.11.11, 12:04

Pentium2 @ 11.20.2011, 10:44*
What Grub is meant?

The second of course. When I used the frach, I used the hornbeam to load other axes. I don’t know why, but I thought thatzusicks438 used the same method since it’s the most logical ... I don’t remember the link where I got it, but I have an instruction in a text document:
Since this whole thing didn’t work out for me right away, I’ll try to write down an algorithm of actions for those who add FreeBSD to GRUB2 for the first time.
Provided that we already have Ubuntu.

1. When installing a freak, when it offers to install the bootloader, you need to select BootMgr
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbo...ll/boot-mgr.png

2. After installing the frach, we restore the hornbeam through the LiveCD Ubuntu
http://ru.wikibooks.org/wiki/Grub_2#.D0.92...2_.D1.81_LiveCD

3. We go to the already installed ubuntu and find out on which section the frayka is.
To do this, in the terminal, type:
$ sudo fdisk -l
I have it on sda3 (remember!).

4. Open nautilus with superuser privileges.
Hit Alt + F2 and write
gksu nautilus
We find the file /etc/grub.d/40_custom, open it, delete nothing and add text to the end of the file

menuentry "FreeBSD 8.2" {
insmod ufs2
set root = (hd0,3)
chainloader +1
}

The last line should be blank. And save the file.
In this case, you need to understand how to correctly indicate the section of the hornbeam where the frach is located. Since I have it on sda3, I wrote "set root = (hd0,3)". That is, the hornbeam begins to count physical disks from zero, and the sections inside the screw from one. It would also be more correct to write "set root = (hd0,3, a)", since the frach inside creates its own partitions (by default, the "a" partition is the root file system, where we wrote the bootloader). But my record didn’t work, I didn’t bother.

5. Next, in the terminal, enter
$ sudo update-grub
The boot.cfg file is generated, thanks to which our fryha will appear in the list of hornbeam.

That's it, reboot and go to the long-awaited FreeBSD!
If, after all, it doesn’t enter, then perhaps you need to play around with the text in the 40_custom file

Post has been editedVolodya - 20.11.11, 14:02

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/17/19, 05:48