783 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Unity 3D for game development on Android devices | Unity is a professional multiplatform game engine
AnDr0uD
Message#1
02.06.12, 13:52
Rare guest
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 643
Check in: 11.04.11

Past versions

Unity3dIs a multiplatform tool for developing two-dimensional and three-dimensional applications and games that runs under Windows and OS X operating systems. Applications created using Unity run under Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, Apple iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, and also on Wii, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 game consoles. It is possible to create Internet applications using a special plug-in module to the Unity browser, as well as through an experimental implementation within the Adobe Flash Player module. Flash support was later abandoned. Applications built with Unity support DirectX and OpenGL.

List of supported platforms:
  • Android
  • WP8
  • iOS
  • Blackberry 10
  • Tizen
  • Wii U
  • Oculisrift
  • Gearvr
  • XBox 360 / XBox One
  • PS3 / PS4 / PSVita
  • Windows / Windows Store App
  • Linux / SteamOS
  • Mac
  • Webplayer
  • Webgl
  • AndroidTV
  • Samsung SmartTV

How to start developing for mobile platforms:

Sources:

Sites:

Video lessons:

Text lessons:

Plugins:

F.A.Q. (will be supplemented)
AT.:I am missing some messages in the console, although they definitely should be there.
ABOUT.:Disable the Collapse option in the console.

AT.:How do I implement a pause?
ABOUT.:The easiest option is to set the Time.timeScale to zero.

AT.:How to make the two mesh colliders interact?
ABOUT.:Enable Convex option for both.

AT.:How to disable / lock the cursor?
ABOUT.:Screen.showCursor; Screen.lockCursor.

AT.:How to give the body a boost?
ABOUT.:Rigidbody.AddForce with ForceMode.Impulse parameter.

AT.:How to change the volume of all sound sources in the scene?
ABOUT.:AudioListener.volume

AT.:How to get rid of blurring textures when moving away from the camera?
ABOUT.:Disable mipmaps generation in texture import settings.

AT.:How to disable warning in the console?
ABOUT.:#pragma warning disable (details are given in the msdn help)

AT.:How to position the Scene View on the selected object?
ABOUT.:Edit>Frame selected or simply the F key.

AT.:How to make an object invisible to Raycast?
ABOUT.:Put it in a standard Ignore Raycast layer.

AT.:How to make the game was horizontal and not in vertical mode?
ABOUT.:In Player Settings, select the item Landscape left in Screen Orientation.

AT.:How to disable collision handling for a collider?
ABOUT.:Enable the isTrigger collider option. However, such a collider will still accept Raycast.

AT.:Where are the editor logs saved?
ABOUT.:C: \ Documents and Settings \ zaicheg \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Unity \ Editor \ Editor.log
The same document can be viewed by clicking Open Editor Log in the console.

AT.:Where are the application logs stored?
ABOUT.:For standalone: ​​_Data \ output_log.txt. For web: C: \ Documents and Settings \ user \ Local Settings \ Temp \ UnityWebPlayer \ log

AT.:Where can I see which resources take up in my build?
ABOUT.:In the same place, in Editor.log (after assembly of bild).

AT.:My physics is buggy.
ABOUT.:Check whether all physical actions are performed in FixedUpdate (). Increase the size of objects. Get rid of thin (or thicknessless) mesh (Plane). Reduce FixedTimesetp. DO NOT MOVE STATIC COLLIDERS (since Unity5 is already possible, but not worth it)

B.:I can't edit the mesh.vertices array element (mesh.normals, etc.).
ABOUT.:Edit in the temporary array vertTemp, and then mesh.vertices = vertTemp.

AT.:I turned off the script, but it still partially works!
ABOUT.:Disabling the script only affects the call to the Update () method. Start, Awake and others will work.

AT.:How to increase the frequency of physical calculations?
ABOUT.:Edit>Project Settings>Time>Fixed Timestep

AT.:How to pause execution in Editor Mode (pause)?
ABOUT.:Debug.Break

AT.:How to display Cyrillic in GUI?
ABOUT.:Localization in code is bad. It is necessary to store the text in text files and through the code to pull out the necessary lines. For example,So(not the best example, but the essence is clear)

AT.:How do I load additional resources into runtime?
ABOUT.:AssetBundles.

AT.:How to change hotkeys editor?
ABOUT.:HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Unity Technologies \ Unity Editor

AT.:How to allow the game to work "in the background"?
ABOUT.:Edit → Project Settings → Player → Run in Background

AT.:Why doesn't dynamic batching work?
ABOUT.:In Unity, there is a limit on the number of vertex attributes in 900 pieces (the limit is set by unitecs empirically, it can be changed in the future, you cannot change it yourself), namely the vertices, not the polics. Those. We look at the shader with which we want to draw something, at its incoming parameters. We see, for example, position, uv, normal - 3 attributes. We divide 900 by 3, we get a limit of 300 vertices. Now, if the models with the material on this shader are no more than 300 vertexes, they will be shot. Those. if we refuse normal in the shader, we get position, uv - 900/2 = limit of 450 vertices. If we give up uv (you can count in the same vertex shader for static geometry, but these are already specific things), then we get 900/1 = limit of 900 vertices. Position can not be abandoned, it is the coordinates of the vertex itself. Similarly, if we pass position, uv, uv2, normal, tangent, color, we get 900/6 = limit of 150 vertices.

AT.:Why there are bugs with collision collision handling?
ABOUT.:These are not bugs, this is a misunderstanding of how physics works in a unit, it has already been repeatedly explained. Colliders without RB cannot be moved, it cannot be moved, it cannot be moved - they are considered to be a static world that cannot move and is calculated inside with cluster optimization. As soon as the static collider moves, the entire static world is rebuilt. Objects with RB are counted separately as dynamic objects. Actually, from here and the "bug" - because Because a static world cannot move, then events cannot take place during its forced movement.
P.S. Judging by the profiler, the same CharacterController is a static-collider with all the ensuing consequences.
P.P.S. After the release of Unity 5, it became possible, but not all the same ...

AT.:Why doesn't the Asset store work? How to make work?
ABOUT.:Try turning off DirectX 11 mode.

AT.:How much does Unity cost?
ABOUT.: https://store.unity3d.com/shop/

AT.:What are the differences between the Pro version and the regular one?
ABOUT.:Go toUnity purchase pageand on the desired license, select Read more. After that, a window will appear in which you can see the differences between the licenses.

AT.:Where can I get Unity source code?
ABOUT.:Clickhere, choose Russia, then contact the representatives of Unity Technologies. Of course it's not free.
Original text from the Unity website:
"If you want to use the license code, contact ushere."

Rules of conduct in the subject:
  • Before asking a question, be sure to read F.A.Q. and use the search on the topic, perhaps your question already has an answer!
    The search button is located in the upper right corner.
  • Messages that are not related to the topic and questions, the answers to which are in F.A.Q. will be deleted !!!
  • Discussion of pirated versions of Unity or requests to post pirated content, as well as messages containing pirated content will be deleted, and the authors will be punished if possible !!!

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling caps, please contact the section moderators via the "Complaint" button under the messages to which you want to add links.
If there is a user in the subject who wants to become a Curator and the correspondingRequirements for candidates, he can apply in the topicI want to be curator(after having studied the topic header and all materials for curators).

Post has been editedDisplax - 25.07.17, 18:45
Reason for editing: Updating
nord1996
Message#2
30.07.11, 09:22
Local
[offline]

Group: Banned
Messages 194
Check in: 28.11.10
Apple iPod touch 4G

Unity 3.4 for developing games on Android devices
Version: 3.4.0

Last update of the program in the header: 07/30/2011
screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Description:
Unity is a professional multiplatform game engine and an integrated powerful game editor to facilitate game creation.

This engine is something like a game designer, as there is a great editing environment with a convenient user interface that allows you to create a game visually! The editor is simple and intuitive, customizable. Object properties are configured with a few mouse clicks to assign textures, sound, behavior, scripts, etc. Visual dragging and manipulation of objects. Cloning objects - sometimes you need to transfer or multiply complex game objects. Game objects are fully manageable and customizable, interactive.

Games are made here in real time. Step 1: edit the game area in the editor, press the button - step 2: the game starts and you test it. This will really help you experiment more and test your game better.

ATTENTION!!!
I have not tested the program. For there is no possibility. So there is little I can say. In theory, the editor can create a game on Android. May need (or maybe not) Android SDK.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR TRIAL INCLUSION:
1. Install UnitySetup-3.4.0.exe
2. When you first start, a window pops up asking you to register. Click Registration.
3. We threw on the off. the site where you need to enter Email and Corporation name AT)
4. Next, click Free.
Everything. After that, I do not run on: D If you have a normal computer - start. : yes2:

Download:
Hacked Unity PRO 3.4:download + mirror 1 + mirror 2
Unity3D 3.5.1f2 repack by serg2496
Android SDK development:Android Developersorhere
Unity Engine 3.4.0:Yandex.Narod
Video lessons
Unity3D 3.5.2f2 + crack

Home pages:
Official site
Russian site
Russian manuals, smoke on health

Post has been editedphonecrusher_nik - 01.09.13, 18:01
Reason for editing: removed poll
darkkk
Message#3
21.08.11, 15:18
Local
[offline]

Messages 165
Check in: 03.09.08
Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos

Hello, I’m just starting, but I don’t understand how to transfer to the desired platform android, ios.
Do not kick right away, it’s described in textbooks, maybe I just haven’t reached it yet?
http://docs.unity3d.ru/there is a translated manual.

Post has been editeddarkkk - 21.08.11, 15:29

--------------------
siemens c55 ->lg g1800 ->samsung d730 ->samsung i710 ->gigabyte mw700 ->samsung i900 witu ->acer stream (fatal injury) ->samsung galaxy s2 ->note 3 n900 ->xiaomi mi5 ->note5 n920 + freetel musashi ++ msi 110w ->acer w700 ->MS Surface Pro 4
vlad_pot
Message#4
21.08.11, 18:28
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 658
Check in: 02.11.09
Samsung Galaxy R GT-I9103

darkkk
For iOS, you need an additional DevKit.

--------------------
This is a demo version of the post. The full version of my thoughts are described more fully and without spelling errors. To see the full version you have to pay me money!
sazar
Message#5
11.09.11, 03:40
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 607
Check in: 12.08.11
Motorola ATRIX HD

When I first launch the SDK, such a garbage gets out
Failed to fetch URLhttps://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/repository.xml, reason: Connection timed out: connect
what to do?

--------------------
nokia5230 (sold) nokia n73 (at home) seh10mini pro (changed to lg optimus one) lg optimus one (sold) Motorola PHOTON (sold waiting for iphone)
$ oul
Message#6
13.09.11, 08:23
User
[offline]

Messages 59
Check in: 17.08.11
Google nexus 5

Um ... if I understood correctly, then even a person unfamiliar with programming can create a game (even a simple one) (teapot in general :))

--------------------
Nokia n9, MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300, Wifi + 3g, 32gb, waiting for off 4.0
I still draw
pTzvova
Message#7
13.09.11, 10:43
Local
[offline]

Messages 358
Check in: 13.09.10
Sony Xperia P

$ oul,
Well, it's still worth readinghttp://habrahabr.ru/blogs/gdev/112287/

--------------------
Tm 7025,se x8 (lost) HTC one V
my patch for HTC one V
8orobeu
Message#8
13.09.11, 19:26
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 507
Check in: 11.11.10
LG GT540 Optimus

who already understood a thread with ar kvalkomovsky ?? but then he is not going under my normal and I do not understand de there shoals (

--------------------
run lineage 2 and wow on android
1. You are on the computer 2. You are on the portalsavagemessiahzine.com4. You did not notice that paragraph 3 is missing
5.You check 6. you smile)
zuvr12
Message#9
14.09.11, 10:35
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 400
Check in: 10.04.11
Samsung Galaxy 580 GT-I5800

I think everyone who was involved in developing games on Unity3D, faced with the problem of optimization ... Therefore, I will write for you that it is preferable to use in your project.

So, as for optimizing the application:

Game world:

1. Use only 1 light source! for lighting, darkening of separate parts of the map it is better to use Lightmaps

2. Try as little as possible, or do not use objects with Rigidbody at all

3. Fog - gives a strong load.

4. Shaders for materials, try to use from the category Mobile / ... - more optimized

Scripts:

1. Physics and calculations lead in FixedUpdate ()

2. Do not use new (like new Vectro3 (x, y, z), new Rect ()) in loops and frequently called places

3. CompareTag is more than twice as fast as direct tag verification by name.

4. (thisTransform.position - target.position) .sqrMagnitude is faster Vector3.Distance

5. make as few calls to thisTransform.forward or position as possible, it’s better to get these values ​​in Update once, and use them in the whole script

6. To enable the script on the object if possible, use not GetComponent (...). Enabled with the script disabled in advance, and AddComponent (...) with the script not previously hung on the object

7. Functions like OnTriggerEnter () OnTriggerStay () greatly reduce performance, instead of triggers it is better to use Vector3.Distance between objects

Terrein:

1. Use small size terrane ~ 150x150

2. Pixel Error - set from 0 to the maximum value (although it will betray the jumping peaks when the camera approaches, but it will significantly increase productivity)

3. Disable the Draw checkbox.

4. Do not use grass drawing in tools Terrain `a - at times reduces performance

Post has been editedzuvr12 - 14.09.11, 14:09

--------------------
Vampoo- arcade game
Ugly Day- Hardcore survival
Legushka
Message#10
16.09.11, 10:09
Local
[offline]

Messages 134
Check in: 04.04.10
ZTE V5 RedBull

tell me who knows how to load an object with its textures through the .fbx format
the model loads and there is no texture, which parameter should be set so that native textures appear on the model?
unity version free

--------------------
Acer Liquid 2.2
zuvr12
Message#11
16.09.11, 11:36
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 400

tell me who knows how to load an object with its textures through the .fbx format
the model loads and there is no texture, which parameter should be set so that native textures appear on the model?
unity version free

When you import a model, drop the texture file into the same folder as the .fbx object. If, however, and so does not appear, then overlay it on the model by dragging, it will automatically create the material

--------------------
Vampoo- arcade game
vladster_1
Message#12
22.09.11, 19:11
Local
[offline]

Messages 268
Check in: 07.09.11

I think this is not quite a dumb question for the user:And how to save the project in a unit. (APK)?

--------------------
: happy:
vadzimik
Message#13
22.09.11, 21:32
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 4
Check in: 11.08.10

vladster_1 @ 09/22/2011, 19:11*
I think this is not quite a stupid question for the user: And how to save the project in a unit. (APK)?

file ->build settings ->choose the platform android ->switch platform ->build ->Save as ->This is it! :)
Legushka
Message#14
22.09.11, 22:15
Local
[offline]

Messages 134
Check in: 04.04.10
ZTE V5 RedBull

Tell me how to make the ball roll?
created a sphere, imposed control of ASDW and a mouse over it, everything moves, only the sphere just skims but does not rotate

--------------------
Acer Liquid 2.2
zuvr12
Message#15
27.09.11, 12:04
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 400

Legushka @ 09/22/2011, 23:15*
Tell me how to make the ball roll?
created a sphere, imposed control of ASDW and a mouse over it, everything moves, only the sphere just skims but does not rotate

Put RigidBody on the sphere, and use AddForce in control to move ...

or just use psevdo rotation, due to animation ...

Post has been editedzuvr12 - 27.09.11, 12:06

--------------------
Vampoo- arcade game
Jester1992
Message#16
27.09.11, 23:59
Local
[offline]

Messages 115
Check in: 10.05.10
HTC One (M8)

There is an optimization question, what is the optimal number of polygons in the model? And then my HD2 gave me 5-10fps with 20,000 polikov)

--------------------
Motorola C200->Siemens C45->Nokia 3310->Samsung X100->Motorola V535->Siemens S65->Nokia 5700 XM->iPhone 3G>HTC HD2->HTC Evo 3D>iPhone 4S->Motorola Razr (XT910) ->Sony Xperia TX
zuvr12
Message#17
28.09.11, 01:01
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 400

For game characters, preferably no more than 100 polygons (if the camera is very close), well, if it is remote and covers a large radius of view, then no more than 30-40 ... Accordingly, for objects and other things, preferably no more than 10 polik)

In general, see for yourself, remove them with a kresher in Max until the integrity of the figure is preserved and the quality does not suffer much ...

--------------------
Vampoo- arcade game
AnDr0uD
Message#18
16.10.11, 18:28
Rare guest
[offline]

Messages 643
Check in: 11.04.11

I have seen the topic for a long time, I wanted to try everything, but there was no time, today I finally downloaded everything, watched a few video lessons.
I managed to create a game with a little man running around the field, put a couple of trees, slides, etc. there.
In short, I liked it) I’m sorry that I don’t know how to write scripts, tell me which language is better to write in Java script or С sharp?
I'll see examples, I'll study, maybe I can understand the thread: D

P.s joysticks on the phone appear and move, but nothing happens to the little man, he stands still .. do not know why?

Post has been editedAnDr0uD - 16.10.11, 19:21

--------------------
BS:Texturepack RecipeEditor
GravityDef:MoD
Help change nickname: D
mokridze
Message#19
16.10.11, 20:49
[offline]

Messages 899
Check in: 08.11.10
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Snapdragon 3/32

AnDr0uD @ 10/16/2011, 19:28*
P.s joysticks on the phone appear and move, but nothing happens to the little man, he stands still .. do not know why?

Please write as packed.
How to walk I know only by the example of a computer.
What would he have to go:
1. After selecting the camera, select Component in the menu.>Physics->Character Controller
2. In the second window, select Standart Assets \ Character Controllers \ Sources \ Scripts from the bottom and find “CharacterMotor”, transfer it to the main camera. (For the phone, you most likely need to stop at this step)
3. In the same folder, we find the FPSInputController script and transfer it to the camera.
4. And the last step is this MouseLook script again on camera.

Post has been editedmokridze - 16.10.11, 20:50

--------------------
LG GT540>>>Acer A500 & Sony Xperia U>>>Ainol Novo 7 Fire & Jinga Basco L1 >>>Jinga iron>>>Xiaomi Redmi 4X
mokridze
Message#20
20.10.11, 13:47
[offline]

Messages 899
Check in: 08.11.10
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Snapdragon 3/32

How I did the joysticks.
Create a new project, when creating we tick the Standart Assets (Mobile)
In the second tab below (Project), click on Standart Assets (Mobile), select Control Setups from the pop-up menu, click on PlayerRelativeSetup, and see that joysticks have appeared. Then do what you want. The left joystick is responsible for moving, the right one for the review, double step on the right joystick allows you to jump.

--------------------
LG GT540>>>Acer A500 & Sony Xperia U>>>Ainol Novo 7 Fire & Jinga Basco L1 >>>Jinga iron>>>Xiaomi Redmi 4X
mr.TSK
Message#21
23.10.11, 22:51
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 446
Check in: 28.07.11
Lenovo P70-A

Do you need to be able to program to write a game?

--------------------
Samsung GT-I9000 Galaxy S, Android 4.2.2 Hellybean-20130616-galaxysmtd

783 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/20/19 7:25