[offline]

Group: Moderators
Messages 14802
Check in: 04.05.09
Apple iPhone 7

3G antenna
LTE antenna | Antenna for WI-FI | 3G / WiFi antenna in the tablet

Useful links:

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links, or through QMS.

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 01.03.19, 10:32
Reason for editing: Beequad 1920–2170 MHz in horn box 50 Ohm, 75 Ohm
Neo55
Message#2
28.07.11, 15:58
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 152
Check in: 03.02.10
Apple iPhone SE

Sometimes, 3G networks are the only option for comfortable Internet access. But the UMTS / HDSPA high-speed access is far from the base stations, especially in the concrete jungle. Therefore, most often you have to be content with GPRS / EDGE and travel around the Web at the speed of a sleepy turtle.

If 3G still “finishes” to your home, but the connection is there, then no - you can get a stable connection. For example, in my house on the second floor 3G is caught, while on the first one it is not. After a small upgrade, the 3G network began to catch a bang and on the first floor. We will describe how to teach a gadget to see the 3G network using an antenna assembled from handy materials in this article.

Immediately discard the decisions related to the purchase of industrial manufactured antenna. It is costly and not worth mentioning already because not every modem has a connector for connecting an external antenna. Moreover, the cost of the antenna adapter for a modem may be comparable to the cost of the modem itself.

Further, it should be emphasized that the criterion of the effectiveness of a decision should not be considered the number of decibels or percentages displayed by the modem's control program, not the number of sticks on the indicator, but the real increase in access speed, that is, by connecting the 3G mode. The screenshot below demonstrates the relativity of standard indicators.
Attached Image

Although as an indirect confirmation of the correctness of the choice, these indicators are quite suitable. It is also worth noting that the very possibility of connecting to the Internet at 3G speeds depends on very many factors (distance to the base station, weather, slots busyness, subscriber activity), and we are trying to improve only one of them.

The efficiency of the antenna was checked as follows: the “only 3G” mode was turned on. Accordingly, if 3G is not caught, then there is no data transfer. At the same time, the “Palcometer” can show both an excellent signal level, 4-5 rods, and a weak one - 1-2. In the first case, this means that there is only 2G connection.
Wire, pots and extension cord

To begin, consider the simplest option: three or four turns of copper wire, wound on a modem. Experienced professionals advise to wind the wire at the very end of the modem, where the built-in antenna is located.
Attached Image

In our case, both the “palecometer” and the level indicator in the “modem information” boldly showed an increase in the signal level. At least, with unstable -107 dB (decibel signal-to-noise ratio), it has grown to confident -101 dB. Strictly speaking, such a “wire solution” is more like art: the thickness of the wire, the number of turns and the length of the free end of the antenna must be selected for each specific place and modem. For example, an extra round or 5 cm of wire may not improve, but, on the contrary, worsen the signal.

The second option is a saucepan or colander. Fans of experimenting, driven to despair by low access speed, or even its absence, make exotic designs in the form of screens, pans, and even satellite dishes. Catching 3G with a pan is easier than with a wire, but it takes longer to install.
Attached Image

The third option - "gadgets" of industrial production. If you do not mind spending from 50 to 500 rubles, you can experiment with such toys. But the quality of such a unit is not distinguishable from the wire.
Attached Image

By the way, an extension cable of 3–5 meters with a piece of double-sided tape for fastening to a window or wall often comes bundled with a modem. This option is described by the operators themselves in the manual. The quality of the extension cord is comparable to wire. But I personally find it easier to twist a piece of wire to “catch” 3G than to mess with an extension cord.
Kharchenko aerial for 3G

Unfortunately, the solutions proposed above do not always lead to the desired result, which means it makes sense to try a more advanced solution - to make a simple but effective loop antenna. According to reviews, a very good result gives the antenna Kharchenko, which represents two square elements. We take a thick (3.5-4 mm) copper wire and bend it as shown in the photo.
Attached Image

Attached Image

It is very important to keep the frame dimensions.
Attached Image

In addition, to reduce the internal resistance of the antenna, it is recommended to make not square elements, but diamond-shaped ones with an angle of 120˚.
Attached Image

You need to solder a high-frequency cable to the antenna, and here you can expect a surprise in the form of a braid. The braid of most inexpensive cables is not soldered with rosin. Output in the use of a conventional feeder, which is screwed onto the cable
Attached Image

A piece of copper wire is soldered to it, and the whole structure is attached to the antenna.
Attached Image
Attached Image

To increase the efficiency, the Kharchenko antenna is supplied with a reflector, a metal plate that can be made from foil-coated textolite.
Attached Image

The distance between the reflector and the antenna should be 36 mm. We used a plastic cap from deodorant. In principle, the further process of creativity is well illustrated by photographs.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

We assemble the assembled construction using hot melt glue.
Attached Image

Attached Image

It remains to connect the antenna to the modem and adjust to the maximum signal level. Since in our case the modem is not equipped with a connector for an external antenna, we simply wrap 3-4 turns of the central core around the modem.
Attached Image

The author of the article: Alexey Garanzh.
Kharchenko personally did the antenna, the signal improved from just an ej to 3g all the divisions, although I carried it out on the street and hung it on a television antenna. Those who live in high-rise buildings simply put it out the window)))

Post has been editedctich - 23.09.14, 19:57
Reason for editing: spoiler
Nemezis-87
Message#3
29.07.11, 21:53
unreal positive
[offline]

Messages 2654
Check in: 17.03.09
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005

My friend lives at the end of the network coverage zone of the SDMA, and there does not catch anything. Maybe there are some kind of strong antennas to catch in such places. And even with a TV antenna, there is barely one division and so it does not go online.
Neo55
Message#4
30.07.11, 08:31
Local
[offline]

Messages 152
Apple iPhone SE

The TV antenna has a completely different frequency range, so the antenna body does not help. I didn’t catch sdma without an antenna, and I don’t have it in the coverage area of ​​my house, but after I made the antenna and directed it towards the tower, the signal was just Edge (all divisions) Increased to all dimensions (all divisions): rolleyes:

Posted on 07/30/2011, 08:31:

Especially strong effect will be if the antenna pulls out somewhere on the roof, and hang up a modem near)))
pasha_550
Message#5
30.07.11, 20:14
VZHYK!
[offline]

Messages 9277
Check in: 31.07.07
Fujitsu-Siemens Loox C550

Neo55 @ 07/28/2011, 15:58*
It remains to connect the antenna to the modem and adjust to the maximum signal level. Since in our case the modem is not equipped with a connector for an external antenna, we simply wrap 3-4 turns of the central core around the modem.

I did not understand this - how should "it" work if there is no electrical contact? Fake some ...

Neo55 @ 07/30/2011, 08:31*
and next to the modem hang)))

Isn't it easier to shove a moped into a plastic bag and throw it out the window? )

--------------------
Posted in HP without asking - was blacklisted.
xxx: a Google abolished or religion does not allow?
yyy: Google is the Matrix, the less you ask it, the weaker the machines will be during the Great Battle
Neo55
Message#6
30.07.11, 20:45
Local
[offline]

Messages 152
Apple iPhone SE

I did not understand this - how should "it" work if there is no electrical contact? Fake some ...

Everything is simple, here the principle "from the largest antenna to the smaller one" operates. You can of course solder the wire to the modem itself, it will be much more effective, but you must have straight arms, and the soldering skill ...
Isn't it easier to shove a moped into a plastic bag and throw it out the window? )

It does not always roll, I live 6 km from the tower, in the window (1st floor) I get caught 3-4 divisions of the ej, which doesn’t suit me at all, so I hung the antenna on the pipe with a teleantenna, and next to it hung up a modem, without an antenna in that place The modem catches all the edge divisions, with the antenna all the divisions of the unit. For clarity, tomorrow I'll post a photo of all this disgrace)
pasha_550
Message#7
30.07.11, 21:05
VZHYK!
[offline]

Messages 9277

Neo55 @ 07/30/2011, 20:45*
principle "from a larger antenna to a smaller one"

What is the "principle"? )

--------------------
yyy: Google is the Matrix, the less you ask it, the weaker the machines will be during the Great Battle
Nemezis-87
Message#8
30.07.11, 21:13
unreal positive
[offline]

Messages 2654

Well, make the antenna is not a problem. There is an adapter from modem to antenna. Everything is there, it is necessary that the signal sounded. I didn’t see Vishka near: beee:
man
Message#9
30.07.11, 21:40
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 718
Check in: 10.10.10
Samsung Wave GT-S8500

Pasha_550 @ 07.30.2011, 22:05*
What is the "principle"

two connected microwave circuits

Post has been editedman - 30.07.11, 22:17

--------------------
all my words my IMHOand partiallyCan withTHEMnotbe considered
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 + ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7
were Acer Iconia Tab A701 32Gb, Digma iDs10 3G
pasha_550
Message#10
30.07.11, 23:23
VZHYK!
[offline]

Messages 9277

Human @ 07/30/2011, 21:40*
two connected microwave circuits

I'm not ready to argue, but doubts are gnawing over that a crookedly wound piece of wire can be called that.

--------------------
man
Message#11
31.07.11, 00:00
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 718
Check in: 10.10.10
Samsung Wave GT-S8500

pasha_550
but a fact, all the more capacitive coupling will suffice here. plus it is constructively implemented as a BWT and hence additional agreement. If microwave: girl_crazy:

--------------------
all my words my IMHOand partiallyCan withTHEMnotbe considered
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 + ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7
were Acer Iconia Tab A701 32Gb, Digma iDs10 3G
Nemezis-87
Message#12
31.07.11, 10:12
unreal positive
[offline]

Messages 2654

Guys, catches even from TV antenna but with an amplifier. Is there a more powerful locator?
pasha_550
Message#13
31.07.11, 11:53
VZHYK!
[offline]

Messages 9277

man
Yeah. Ie, if you wrap the TV wire, it will also catch? hmm ... I'll go try ...: girl_crazy:

--------------------
sciu
Message#14
16.08.11, 10:42
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 4
Check in: 16.08.11

Wrap the modem with wire - this is not serious)))
Here is how to solder the cable to the modem:http://kroks.ru/2011-06-03-10-46-51/9--3g-.html
Neo55
Message#15
25.08.11, 11:48
Local
[offline]

Messages 152
Apple iPhone SE

Wrap the modem with wire - this is not serious)))
Here is how to solder the cable to the modem:http://kroks.ru/2011-06-03-10-46-51/9--3g-.html

For example, my modem was bought for 500 rubles, and on the garnets, and, in the case of a fiasco, you just have to throw it away, which is not gut)))
sciu
Message#16
26.08.11, 08:28
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4

Neo55,
but you will gain invaluable experience))
Nemezis-87
Message#17
27.08.11, 12:40
unreal positive
[offline]

Messages 2654

sciu @ 08.26.2011, 09:28*
but you will gain invaluable experience))

the guys have the same adapters, keep fucking, but the same result without opening
sciu
Message#18
27.08.11, 16:33
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4

only a very small number of modems have an external connector for the antenna, in most cases, to get to the connector, you need to open the case, which in itself deprives the warranty.
and the adapters are really holding up badly, since you connect and disconnect 10, you can fall apart
tempico
Message#19
28.08.11, 12:45
IT Security Consulting
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 5722
Check in: 27.08.08
Apple iPhone 6s

sciu
Making the adapter for the adapter and the adapter we wind it to the body with tape: lol:

Post has been editedtempico - 28.08.11, 12:47

--------------------
sciu
Message#20
29.08.11, 07:33
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4

tempico,
also an option, only if the wire to the antenna is not very long, otherwise the decibel will be lost on the extra connector, and sometimes oh, what a pity))
ildgin
Message#21
11.09.11, 20:48
Local
[offline]

Messages 115
Check in: 25.05.09
Thl 5000

they made external antennas for modems and wifi adapters, the antenna Kharchenko only was much better to do, the high-frequency 50-70 ohm cable was soldered directly instead of the internal connector for an external antenna, there are almost all common modem models, the connector itself is problematic to find, therefore it was soldered and soldered the cable directly to the board, on the photo modem without a case

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------------
Gloofish X500 +/Gloofish X800/HTC HD2/ THL W8s / Ainol Spark / Thl 5000

220 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/01/19 10:12