Selection and comparison of wireless modems and mobile routers

Rep: (1085)
Selection and comparison of wireless modems

In this topic, you can ask for help in choosing a wireless modem. Please write only on the merits. Offtop will be deleted without warning.

Useful links:

Post has been editedstp101 - 31.10.18, 20:39

Rep: (11)
* mutabors And can be a reference to the 5186 for 4500? What I have not seen cheaper 6000

Rep: (1)
Good day.
I want to distribute vayfay on vacation in Spain with a Spanish SIM cards instead of hotel vayf. Speed ​​is needed at least 10 Mbps. What advise to take zanedorogo? Thinking about miniroutere navrode Nexx wt3020 with custom firmware plus usb modem (what? In order to catch and Spain, and it is desirable for us).
Or, just take a router with Simcoe? Here are advised huyavey, but 10 thousand a bit much.

Rep: (683)
Aleksandrus @ 03/06/19, 22:33*
Here are advised huyavey but 10,000 too much

'It depends on what. There are 2-3 thousand, for example with the E5573 BATTERY, BATTERY E8372 without. If the modem to the router, the E3372

Post has been editedunlochka - 06.03.19, 22:40

Rep: (177)
* unlochka,
Would you buyhimfor 5200rub?

Rep: (0)
Hello everyone. I am looking for a router 4g (LTE) with the ability to change imei and ttl to use the telephone tariffs. Preferably with a powerful battery (poverbankom). Budget to 5,000 (В±). Prompt model?

Cutieboy @ 10.03.19, 23:24*
Would you buy it for 5200rub?

This model is old, she was 5 years old, I do not think that they are still available, and therefore will not Accum Perevi freshness .. Look E5785, may suit you, they are similar.

Rep: (121)
Aleksandrus @ 03/06/19, 22:33*
I want to distribute vayfay on vacation in Spain with a Spanish SIM cards instead of hotel vayf

smartphone

zondaz @ 11.03.19, 05:29*
I am looking for a router 4g (LTE) with the ability to change imei and ttl to use the telephone tariffs. Preferably with a powerful battery (poverbankom). Budget to 5,000 (В±). Prompt model?

E5573 (poverbank separately)
E5785 (poverbank separately, but Accum more)
Y900NB (about imei and ttl read in the subject)

read about them in the forum and to choose

Greetings.

Comrades, tell me, please, on this problem:

SMS broadcast came on the sim card to the computer with the possibility of their further parsing.
Be sure to 3G and beyond.
Desirable - Connect via modern interfaces (usb, pcie, etc).
It is desirable that softina was complete and it will automatically merge / PARS text SMS.
It is desirable that the piece of iron was able to work more than 1 Simcoe simultaneously.
It is desirable to be able to send USSD commands and receive an answer that comes to them (and then parse). - the last priority.
Well, the minimum price - optional)

Good day!

I ask for help and advice.
I am very looking for a mobile router with supportOpenvpn client and Ethernet port .
Since I am not very advanced user, I hope for the solution out of the box. The budget is particularly irrelevant.

If no such decision, please give a recommendation as the easiest way to solve the problem of mobile4G-Internet + + OpenVPN on the router access over Ethernet for computer.

Work on a traveling wilderness, so carry a large router, which requires power, do not want (but if you have to, you have to).
Configure openvpn on each client computer is not an option, so you need it to be configured in the router.
Since not all have wifi, then you need a solution with ethernet, to connect to the router even the oldest iron.

I would really appreciate your advice!

joru @ 15.03.19, 14:13*
I am looking for a mobile router with OpenVPN-client support and Ethernet-port.

c ethernet port mobile routers are not so much, ask around at the three devices themes:
Huawei E5770 - discussion(Cat.4)
Huawei E5885 (WiFi Pro 2 / WiFi 2 Pro) - discussion(Cat.6)
NETGEAR MR1100 Mobile Router (Telstra)(Cat.6)

Post has been editedunlochka - 15.03.19, 14:29

Rep: (3)
Hello! Can you please tell the experts - there is a need in the mobile internet at work (a new building for the admission restrictions, etc.). The smartphone is not an option as a modem (do not want). Need a model of mobile router with battery. I had read about the model Huawei E5785. But expensive! Toad will strangle itself. He's kind of cool, probably allows you to watch movies in 4K, but this is not necessary. (That would be easier modelku.) Mostly Fiction, Mail, Youtube can see online games. Customers are not many, and 5. Thank you for your attention and understanding)))

mishelik @ 15.03.19, 22:44*
model of mobile router with battery.

from low-cost E5573

Rep: (6)
Tell me please. Require a compact, budget 4g modem (microusb food). With the ability to install an external antenna! Connectors are not important, the main thing - LTE distribution of SIM cards with and confident signal reception by the external antenna. Considered e5573, but there is as I understand it, you need to solder the antenna. Stationary (b525, b310) do not see because of the size and the uselessness of all functional.

Post has been editedsmok1nho - 17.03.19, 07:13
Reason for editing: addition of information

smok1nho @ 17.03.19, 07:10*
Considered e5573, but there is as I understand it, you need to solder the antenna.

e5573 has a version with antenna connectors. From what I remember is the version in which at the end of S320, BS320, S156

Post has been editedunlochka - 17.03.19, 10:42

Rep: (2)
tell me that it is better to take the hand WIFI phone ... catches MTS / Tele2 remaining very weak.
range - about Desktop

Rep: (61)
* Pavel979 The budget?

Rep: (169)
Pavel979 03/19/19 @ 11:11*
tell me that it is better to take the hand WIFI phone ... catches MTS / Tele2 remaining very weak.
range - about Desktop
When such requests lowly -Huawei E8372 (MTS 8211F) - Discussion, A power unit 2A and the results of signal level measurements if necessary - the antenna.

Post has been editedlarry_one - 19.03.19, 23:54

Rep: (2)
* larry_one
* kangin69
thank. It seems to give MTS 835F, it is possible to stitch on any operator?
And at any rate (without the distribution of the Internet)?

Post has been editedPavel979 - 20.03.19, 09:38
Reason for editing: Ed

Rep: (11)
Guys, it's me again.

Almost already I decided to take the B525, when suddenly popped up that he can not in wifi-roaming, therefore, its Wi-Fi is useless to me.
I began to consider 3372h, but I doubt that he will cope.

In fact, what I need:
- the ability to remotely read and send SMS
- Remote web-muzzle
- the most detailed traffic statistics for the period, incoming / outgoing / on the device.
- continuous work through the VPN tunnel.

Just stick mode, no web-muzzle, and hi-link mode will gemorno set up a VPN connection and traverse all the ports again it is not clear how the modem will handle the encryption on the fly.

Or should still take the B525, resigned to his useless vayfay?

Post has been editedgroozemaster - 21.03.19, 16:18

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 25/04/20, 22:12