Is the sound quality on the player more the software side of the question or hardware?

Rep: (2)
Is the sound quality on the player more the software side of the question or hardware?
Those. data:
Hello.
I love listening to music (in headphones, like many) and I have a phone on android os. It would be convenient for me to use the phone instead of the player, since There are more opportunities and software, and iron is better and a permanent Internet.
I think what to do:
1. Buy a quality player with headphones and drive music. (have to spend more money)
2. Buy only high-quality headphones, and use the phone as a player. (for example, stitching it somehow through the "musical", is there such a thing :) in general, the subject).

Rep: (18)
That's why, from another forum I listened and took Aune M1, given that I had no other similar players, but there were CD players, then I generally have a lot of positive emotions from the sound, I go to sleep with the player and work with it.

Rep: (0)
In most cases, the hardware is more important than the software. In the software part, they can only work in the SRC algorithm and low quality effects from EQ. At the same time, players with high-quality hardware and such bugs sound better than players with good software and an all-in-one codec.

Posted on 09/29/2015, 18:52:

Wiill @ 10/05/2011, 16:30*
neither advertising, but audiophiles get themselves a COWON player; he himself sat down on something better from audio devices

Once there was no alternative to Cowon. Then came Hifiman, Colorfly, iBasso, etc. players and Cowon as such are remembered only by old-timers. And now FiiO, Hidizs, iHiFi, iBasso and dozens of other companies dominate, which focused their efforts on sound rather than beautiful screens and various "multimedia".

And the amount of sound, i.e. Can volume be a software issue? Kupml some kind of rhythm, quiet it, infection. Although it may not, the sensitivity of the car aux is simply not enough. There was some disgusting kumo before him, it used to be overloaded before the speakers, but let it wheeze and give out the level of sound pressure that I need. On the new stupidly rested against the wall in volume. Maybe there are some editors or something like that?
Yes, the radio tape recorder is also completely twisted, I can’t add coke

Post has been editedGSK17 - 03.12.15, 15:58

Rep: (3)
Which player do you recommend inexpensive? Yuzayu Sennheiser CX200 Street II.
On my bucket, a cheap audio chip and, for example, you can’t squeeze out the bottoms.
Somehow stuck in iPod shuffle - some tops and middle ones.

Hello! I see that the topic is almost dead, but suddenly someone accidentally catches his eye, given that it’s not quite on the topic. : blush:
The client came, brought the question: is it possible to make the OPPO HA-2 DAC friends with cowon s9? At first I didn’t understand what he wanted, but said that it was no problem, however, when he left, I thought .... and began to wool the Internet and it became interesting. As I understand it, the covon does not have the numbers of the transmission out ... or am I mistaken somewhere? Is there anyone who’s eating what I mean?

Rep: (3)
* 777mhz, Of the inexpensive XDUOO 2. It has a decent amp. Or X3 of the same company, but it is more expensive and more.

Rep: (60)
* 777mhz,
To process and output good sound with your head, the cheapest processor is enough. In inexpensive players, there aren’t even any. You set viper4android to download impulses. And after spending half an hour on the settings, you will get high-quality bottoms, and the volume is more than half and you won’t turn on and the sound will not worse than the flagships, and even more so an order of magnitude better than any low-cost player. And after tuning you’ll listen to all the music again, hearing new notes in old compositions, distinguishing between each instrument and so on. So an inexpensive player is money down the drain. Either through viper, configure the sound on smart, or if you take it, then only a normal player with a DAC. I have a samsung t285 with an ultra-budget spreadtrum from the box that was with the sound in the headphones level of push-button phones. No depth, no volume, no bass. Everything is at an average level with a narrow range of sound. After setting up viper4android, I turn on the sound at most by 40%, the bass, depth and a wide range appeared, which makes me feel like being at a concert when listening to music.

Post has been editedvelyboy - 09.06.17, 22:43

Rep: (34)
From inexpensive on DACs Zishan Z1 and Z2. The second is more serious - more competent circuitry, a better DAC and amplifier, but the Z1 with a good op-amp sounds very cool, no worse than a PC + foobar + DAC.

Rep: (6)
Today, as I understand it, even a well-implemented kodak (not a separate DAC) + a normal amp make it possible to listen to music like on expensive flagship phones. Which, as it turned out, is suitable for 90% of people. You can buy a player for 50 +/- bucks and good headphones, not crap for 5 bucks. Further, only the vendor depends on the implementation and the ability to configure part of the software. The rest of the fans should understand what the sound should be for their style of music (fast attack or slow bass creep) and choose a player + headphones for themselves. You need to listen and feel. This is purely my opinion.

And I like my Cayin N3 - a very good sound (and for how much it costs, this is generally the best that is and even argues with a little more expensive ones). In addition - it is VERY loud, yet 2x130mW did not spit a mosquito, while the operating time was more than 10 hours.
Took a little more than six months ago. It is used outdoors with Audio-Technica ATH-M30x headphones, at home with Superlux HD-668 2x56 (also known as Axelvox HD-242).

The only thing I do not like is not the most thoughtful arrangement of buttons ...

one cannot happen without the other

Rep: (145)
one cannot happen without the other

Well, not something that doesn't happen at all. Somewhat earlier, at the beginning of the “digitization” of sound, the devices were mainly analog, and accordingly, there was no software component (in the modern sense of the question). The first “digital” devices appeared, in which the processing algorithm was laid down initially, at the hardware level. Programmable microassemblies (with windows) appeared, that is, more advanced devices with the ability to externally change the algorithm of work. Now, such devices are even more complicated, but they allow the user to influence the algorithms in a "simple" way. So what is the program? From the first hand-turning of parts, punched tape, to the modern possibilities of changing algorithms.

Rep: (1)
Hi guys, I want to add my opinion!
A year ago, I bought myself the cheapest Yamaha in the CSN. Before that, there was center 2.1. It was all chasing power. The center finally broke.
I thought of saving up on cheap speakers and temporarily disconnected Sven's active speakers from 2x30 watts of nominal value from the built-in amplifier.
I insulated everything neatly.
For a year listening to music and multimedia, I changed my mind about buying a pair for 10,000.
centre's columns 80x2 stuck on the street
The sound compared to the stock amplifiers is just chic --- but only through a sound card !!! Asus is also the cheapest 5.1, also from dns

Post has been editedmi7755 - 05.06.19, 00:13
Reason for editing: I forgot to mention that I bought a new one and with a guarantee of 12,000 and the card was donated for a day 3 years ago

Rep: (1)
It all depends on, source + yyx = even dead speakers come to life, and in the system at least 2000 watts, it’s not noise that is heard, but depth.
Willing to listen to old grandfather's vinyl, a lot of old records, but why listen to them money is a pity for vinyl

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/15/19, 06:06