Nokia E6 - Discussion.

Rep: (629)
Discussion. Business smartphone with touchscreen and QWERTY keyboard.

Nokia E6 Description Discussion �
Attached Image

Specifications:
Date of issue: 2011 (2nd quarter)

Platform: Symbian ^ 3
Operating system: Symbian OS (Anna)

Processor Type: ARM 11
Clock Frequency: 680 MHz
Graphic controller

Battery
Battery Type: Li-ion (BP-4L)
Capacity: 1500 mAh
Standby time: 672 h
Talk time: 14.8 h
In MP3 player mode: 75 hours

Display
Screen technology: TFT
Screen Type: 16 million colors
Screen Size: 480 x 640 px
Screen diagonal: 2.46 "
Touch Screen: Capacitive

Volume of non-volatile memory: 350 MB (+ 8Gb of internal memory)
The amount of RAM: 256 MB
Memory card support: microSD (TransFlash), microSDHC
Max. memory card capacity: 32 GB

Photo / Video E6
Built-in camera
Additional camera
Number of pixels: 8 Mpx
Camera resolution: 3264 x 2448 px
Built-in flash: LED
Digital zoom: 2 X
Geotagging
Video Support (3GPP formats (H.263), Flash Video, H.264 / AVC, MPEG-4, RealVideo 10, Sorenson Spark, VC-1, VP6, WMV 9)
Max. frames per second: 25 fps
Max. video resolution: 1280 x 720 px (HD 720p)

Data transfer
WAP: v 2.0
E-mail client
HTML browser (HTML 4.1, xHTML, WAP 2.0, Flash Lite 4.0)
HSUPA
HSDPA
Edge
GPRS
WiFi: 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n (WPA2, WPA, WEP)
Push to talk
Bluetooth: 3.0 (+ EDR)
Bluetooth stereo (A2DP)
AVRCP

Orientation Sensor (Accelerometer)
Compass (magnetometer)
Detection sensor
Ambient light sensor

Inputs / Outputs
PC connector type: microUSB
Connector Type for s / y: USB + 2.0mm
USB output (v 2.0)
Tv out
Audio output: 3.5mm

The patch removes the names of labels, thereby freeing a large number of places on the desktop (One patch removes, the second returns the inscription back)

Rollback from Belle to Anna

Post has been editedEnotche - 25.02.12, 15:11
Reason for editing: added patches

Rep: (50)
Tell me please!!!!!! used samsung wave s8500, for me it was a smart phone, BUT! it's hard for me to type sms on the sensor .... sold. torn from my heart! I wanted to buy e72 white - I liked it for a long time, I understood that the sensor would be missed on the Internet. And here, I recently found e6 !! I was delighted, held it in my hands and was disappointed, what a terrible multi-touch there is, the resolution is high, and everything is small, iiiii ............... 4 favorite buttons in the E series - the function keys became one panel, more it’s not very convenient: you can use the phone without buttons, but without a sensor, There are no menus and back buttons, they are only on the screen. That really upset me. But I held it in my hands for about 15 minutes picking it, maybe users are used to it, and everything is convenient. please describe. Or then I will acquire e 72.

Posted on 08/04/2011, 02:39:

Or maybe someone will advise a convenient phone sensor plus buttons (for SMS) ????? (within 12000)

M

Post has been editedEnotche - 04.08.11, 13:09

Rep: (56)
You can look at the SE Vivaz Pro, Nokia N97 / Mini.

Rep: (32)
In general, multi-touch in the pipe is normally implemented. It falls into small objects the first time. But my wife, with long nails, said she was not comfortable. E72 in this phone wins only with battery capacity. In problematic places, the phone works better. Where the e72 will gurgle and complain about the lack of a network, you can calmly talk and take the electronic on e6.

Rep: (13)
can someone tell me where to get the resource on it? Games themes ?? those that would be)

Well, I’ll make my contribution about the phone ...
HTC Incredible beat me before, but the autonomy of the phone and the sensor itself didn’t make me happy, I sold it and decided to buy my first Yutsuken communicator, so I would say that the sensor + keys = a matter of habit, because at first I was saddened by the lack of back keys and functions, and then very I’m even used to it, the camera is not a fountain but it’s not bad, it’s a pity there is no autofocus, but (there is a face fix) it finds a face in the frame) but you don’t have to take a picture of the text, you need it to be at least 40-50 cm away ... the case is too early something to say, but the metal itself and the metallic chrome frame look very effective, dis lei compared to the e-72 is just excellent, the resolution is 640-480 versus 240-320 in the e-72 + new technology, not tft, but super lsd, which is much better, and you can see right away, the text is read even in direct sunlight on the phone , it’s also pleasing that there is a flash memory + a slot for a USB flash drive (for whom it’s not enough), I can say lastly, an apparatus for someone who knows what he wants from the phone, unlike the android that I had to charge daily, even though I didn’t use it , I’ve been holding it for 3 days now, and 2 more departments, in 3 days, I succeeded - about 30-40 photos, 3 5 minutes of conversations, the Internet through a waffle and there is no connection for about 2 hours in general, music - about 40 minutes, and just getting to know the phone for 2 hours, in this scenario, the same android would have to be charged 4-5 times, but there are minuses:
1- so far the lack of software and games (the necessary software such as ICQ, the file manager works with a bang)
2- lack of autofocus
3- it would be better if they included a cable for connecting external drives than a case (IMHO)

plus plus (if compared with the E-72)
1- screen is both larger and brighter and more contrast
2- the camera is better, but still without AF and Macro
3- new axis
Compared to Adroids:
1- long battery of the acamulator 2-5 days depending on the load
2- combination of a sensor with a keyboard
3-ytsuken klava
4- very happy so far the case (metal) if you look at the HTCH (soft touch)
5- more practical and convenient

Rep: (3)
New firmware flew 022.014
they write that they updated stability and performance

Rep: (2)
The description does not mention GPS ... is it there? : sveta:
The device, of course, is not bad, but the adaptation of software so far leaves much to be desired. Half of the programs are crookedly displayed, and very small, judging by the video reviews on YouTube. Is there any guarantee that the software will be "corrected" sometime? That's what bothers you so far. It’s not yet clear how much worse the camera will take, compared with my e 71. I would like to purchase, but apparently we must wait for better times. There are no decent and fresh alternatives, even HTC cha cha will not be officially in the Russian Federation ... Something happened with Acer beTouch e210 too :)

Can I reduce the number of desktops there? I also noticed that when they scroll, it does not always go smoothly, how are things with the firmware? They are working on them, or have already scored, as once upon our devices from the 71-72 series?))) After all, Androyd and IOS have enslaved the world, and this device will not be as successful and in demand as it used to be 63-71, but it's a pity ...

Post has been editedKeywiz - 24.08.11, 21:31

I bought e6 yesterday, instead of my e52, while I have no regrets, I got used to qwerty in just 10 minutes. A phone without a single backlash works quite quickly, if someone is going to take it from the camera, then there will be disappointment, the camera, although 8mp, leaves much to be desired. I set the software to a minimum, set up the widgets, in my opinion, the Sibian became more understandable, even an unprepared person can do it without anyone else's help. In general, I am very pleased with the purchase. E52 left variable sensations, on the one hand there are a lot of advantages I will not list, on the other hand, acquaintances with e52, of whom there were about 7 people, had constant problems with a guarantee, 3 times they just cut it down within a year, the apogee was the replacement of the motherboard after 1.5 years of use :) I hope Nokia took into account all the errors and this will not happen with e6 :)

Rep: (95)
Great build, hold it and don’t want to let it out of your hands, nice keystroke, but how is this a camera without autofocus ??? !!! Well, I have 2 digital dust boxes, but they are not always at hand, especially since I don’t need much from the camera on the phone - a photo of the text, some photos for notes. A camera without autofocus is like a non-alcoholic beer or a Chinese copy of an iPhone - in appearance it’s what you need, but actually bueno, why the world is so cruel: hysterics :: hysterics :: hysterics ::
It’s okay to put up with the lack of some software and games due to the specifics of the screen, but a camera without autofocus in a business smartphone is something ... :-(
StoneRaven
You were lucky, my e52 lived for a week, with a creak of keys, and the dead speaker became the climax, after which I was returned to the store under warranty. Recently, Nokia has had some frustrations, after their Symbian 9.4 I thought that now generally only consumer goods like 5800 and its clones will do, then there was a great n8 and strange solutions based on the same s ^ 3, but with cameras without autofocus ...

M
4.16. The answer is forbidden without the text (smile, including text smiles). And also answers consisting only of smiles,or overloaded with them (more than three smiles in one message)

Post has been editedEnotche - 25.08.11, 11:37

Does the new display have a mirror substrate? How is he in the sun then?

Regarding GPS, it is the so-called A-GPS. The display in the sun is well read.

bestpep Gorilla glass, they say. Glass.

Yesterday, in the salon on Tverskaya I was dealing with this device. After Nokia e71 e72, it seemed more plastic, cheaper. Hard buttons ala "Home" "Calendar" and so on. - The company just laughed at future users. Clicking them is not nice! It would be better if they did the touch, since I really wanted the buttons to be somewhere in the depths. It is not convenient to walk on the desktops with a joystick, but for this they made a sensor. In general, the device is fast, I did not notice any special lags anywhere. The screen is sensitive, but sometimes it seems that it is not a gorilla glass, but a very good disguise as a resistive (according to feelings) Probably it seems so because the screen is small and it’s not very joyful to poke a finger at it. The menu, of course, got better, not as crazy as on previous models, where you can "dig for weeks";) I don’t know about you, but I don’t think about buying the Nokla E6 anymore, because there will also be a lot of problems with software. In this regard, it is better to wait for a similar solution on Android, and not to support the phone from Nokla, because, as everyone knows, now it is sold at a crazy price, inflated by a factor of 2. Nokla decided to cut the dough into an easy one at the end.

But if you were not familiar with the E71 E72 models, then most likely the device will please. Only "experienced" just see the cons ...

All success in choosing the device! :)

Rep: (0)
I’ve been thinking for a long time about replacing the old, but incomparable 6290 something from the E-series, because need work with personal and corporate mail. qwerty always did not like, but the other day I went to a company salon and fell in love. E6 is amazing, so I’m thinking of taking it. In this regard, the question:
1. what about the applications? After all, certificates are not issued. Is it realistic to install something? In principle, I need 4-5 pieces in total, banal: money calculator, Yandex metro, Lingvo dictionary, fitness diary.
2. The combination of a full keyboard and touch screen is great, but will ALL Symbian 3 applications go?

Rep: (654)
Belosnezhka @ 09/09/2011, 11:22*
1. what about the applications? After all, certificates are not issued. Is it realistic to install something? In principle, I need 4-5 pieces in total, banal: money calculator, Yandex metro, Lingvo dictionary, fitness diary.

all of the above exists in a signed form. So no problem

Strange: I have a case in my kit and the cable is on.
Actually bought yesterday, and I am in complete prostration
Before that, there were devices: 9500, 9300i, 8910, Е60, Е51, Е 70 (r like the second 8800 is the very first) in this era of Nokia was interrupted.
I don’t know about the battery yet, I took it with a residual charge. Today I cracked all day and the norms were enough, still have not sat down.
I looked at three colors, I realized that black is definitely not an option, there fingerprints are immediately visible, I took white.
About the camera, etc. is not entirely clear. The device is positioned as a business, why is there autofocus ??? What really upset the poor quality of the radio and headphones in the kit, I haven’t bought droplets yet, so I can’t say what’s the matter (in the device or in the ears). But constant business trips - I want to listen to music.

Actually, there is one urgent question: where did the PC suite go?

TolSTbIu,
Is there a memory card in the kit? If so, then he is there. You connect the smart to the computer as a flash drive, the PC suite is detected and installed.

no card no. Should it be?
I understand that now everything must be done through the ovs ...

TolSTbIu,
connect smart to computer. Ovi should be, if not on the memory card, then in the device itself

Rep: (125)
TolSTbIu @ 09/09/2011, 20:23*
What really upset the poor quality of the radio and headphones in the kit, I haven’t bought droplets yet, so I can’t say what's the matter (in the device or in the ears)

It's just the headphones. There are no complaints about the sound on normal ears!

StoneRaven @ 08/29/2011, 2:00 p.m.*
Regarding GPS, it is the so-called A-GPS

There is a full GPS, and A-GPS, as well as determining the location on the basis of the network. (also Bluetooth GPS)
De_fack_to @ 08/25/2011, 11:24*
all the more, I don’t need much from the camera on the phone - a text photo, some photos for notes

If you really need to photograph a text (business card) from close range - switch to the front camera and take a photo from 5-10 centimeters.
Everything will be perfectly readable! Still, some way out! :)
KeyWiz @ 08/29/2011, 17:19*
but I no longer think about buying the Nokla E6, because there will also be a lot of problems with software.

Virtually no problem.

Rep: (3)
What about the reminders? Missed calls?
How good is the organizer?
Is the sound loud? Vibrating alert?

Rep: (125)
crazybalu,
In general, the sound is not very loud, and the vibration is rather weak. For missed calls, SMS or mail -Remind me

Post has been editedswelll - 13.09.11, 20:31

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/04/19, 08:37