Selection of network equipment | advice and help for choosing

Rep: (2114)

How to ask a question in the topic
When searching for equipment, specify the following information.
A request not in form can be deleted, respect the time of those who answer you.
  1. Connection Type: ADSL / Ethernet / Optics / Modem / By Air.
  2. Connection speed:Approximate speed, link to the tariff plan of the provider.
  3. Connection speed:If you do not know or find it difficult to say, describe your wishes from the device. Let's try to help and so
  4. Connection Type:LAN, PPPoE, PPTP, L2TP, etc. (again, the link to the provider).
  5. Required functionality:IPTV, games, WiFi N, Samba, FTP, VPN client / server, etc.
  6. Price.
  7. Preferences (if any) by brands of equipment.
  8. If possible, indicate the location and purpose of the use of equipment:apartment, office, country house, hostel.

Example
“I’m looking for a home router, Ethernet connection method, modem, 20 Mbps speed, need IPTV, games, L2TP connection type, budget: about $ 50.
I am looking for a switch, a hub controlled, 8 ports, a port speed of 100 Mbit / s, duplex, up to $ 100, the brand is not important. "

useful links

At the forum there are representatives of companies, manufacturers or developers of equipment, they can ask the necessary questions in QMS
In connection with the termination of the contract Wi-Cat<>NAG the original Wive-NG versions for the new SNR-CPE equipment (starting with SNR-CPE-ME2) will not be released .. equipment questions can be askedsfstudio .
Support for individuals on the already released equipment is carried out within the forum.https://wi-cat.ru/forums.
Ilya KhrupalovKeenetic

demo web interface Wive-NG available here

Theme for setting up the network with the equipment you choose hereSetting up networks, Internet access and network equipment

A set of "home gigabit" routers for the initial needs analysis
Overview of the implementation of Keenetic routers from different "families", but under the same manufacturer's OS
A practical way to solve problems with D-Link routers
Articles about using Ruckus equipment

The curator of the topic isMac Guru
For questions about filling caps, please contactQMS

Post has been editedMac Guru - 19.06.19, 09:52
Reason for editing: new cap, edited by MacGuru

Rep: (241)
In general, I searched for a long time, but better than HTPC, cheaper and more productive. But you need a good TV, straight arms and patience.

Rep: (119)
We need a Wi-Fi router to create lokalki between all their devices (laptop, mobile phone and tablet via SSH + PC as a media server).
The 802.11n standard is required (a and b are already out of date, I made sure on my modem.) Ethernet connector is generally obvious, I also plan to use a modem as an ADSL. I'll probably takefrom here , at a price ready to allocate about $ 80. I ask to help, as I myself do not rummage at all :)

On ADSL, there is a powerful wifi, there is a limit of 54Mbps:

Rep: (2)
Hello. Sorry for the nouveau, I have a computer with ADSL internet connections and there is a Wi-fi PDA, tell me what you need to use the Internet from a PC to a PDA, preferably easier and cheaper ...

If the phone line, then it will love through the router, which means the easiest way is a router with Wi-Fi. And there is just a distribution with a password and that's it. In the router, configure everything and set the password. And on the PDA, enter the password and save. It does not matter how many are connected. A router with Wi-Fi is not that expensive and costs, taking into account that the same D-link 2500u which is often lamaetsya, although for prevention it must be changed. He replaced 2 of these. And appreciate nevisoki. in the region of 1200 rubles.

Rep: (6)
Hello! Tell me which is better to take a Wi-Fi router that would connect through it a tablet on Android 2.2. To the Internet via a CDMA-EVDO or GSM \ EDGE \ HSDPA usb modem and to connect via Wi-Fi to a laptop from Vista and a PC with XP via a LAN ie Create a home “hybrid” network using Wi-Fi and LAN. In addition, some time later you plan to purchase another router (possibly with or without a Wi-Fi), but with a printer connection and, of course, combining these two routers either via Wi-Fi or via WAN \ LAN or whatever ...
Of course, it is easier to purchase one router with two usb ports, but they are not expensive. Mandatory "here" is the connection of the tablet through the router and usb modem to the Internet!

Prompt foreign online stores with iron.
I want to buy ASUS RT-N56U, but the price in Moscow bites, so I want to order abroad, but I do not know the stores (((

@TOIIOP , there is no special meaning. Now I looked at computeruniverse (the first thing that came to mind), and so there is the price with delivery of about 5292 rubles (at the rate of euro on the 15th number). Price on other sites will vary depending on the delivery within 200-400 rubles.
In the MSC at the same price you can find .. and then, you see, and cheaper!

Citizens of spice, need your hint.
I'm thinking of taking myself a route for the house. But at the same time, setting up a beeline and the question of its normal functioning with SGS2 (and a couple of other phones) and laptop scares.
The essence of the question is - can you take the DIR-320 with such requests, or is it worth looking at other equipment?

Post has been editedproblemsa - 16.09.11, 02:37

problemsa,
Here lookhttp://homenet.beeline.ru/index.php?showforum=634
dir-320 is an old model, it will not pull speed rates.

Rep: (0)
Otherwise what?

Rep: (9)
actually the question is: is there a wired internet beeline, it is necessary to distribute it to three computers. Will this router fit? how will the speed behave?

Rep: (1354)
cheguevara11,
Well, if you want to "pump" your Internet up to 100 Mbps - the router will not cope ... its limit is somewhere megabyte 40 (plus / minus) ... but in general, if you just climb and swing something (scoring on a 40 Mb limit) - then no problem ...

Rep: (9)
Thank you for the explanation, I take))

I tried to read the messages first, but a lot of things were not clear about these network equipments. Tell me please. The situation is this: at home there is a wired unlimited internet, I bought a tablet, I want to connect a Wi-Fi to it. Is it possible to buy a good router (tell me at a good speed) and plug the network cable of my home Internet into the socket? Will the wifi work? And what will I have to pay for? As further for your home Internet or not?

chepurnova
1. You can buy any Wi-Fi router (for how much money is enough) ... the more expensive - the more hard the iron ... and most likely the data exchange speed ... any simple router quietly "pumps the Internet" to 50-60mbits ... At the same time, a hard-boiled router (with some kind of media server, file storage, etc.) for a lot of money will also "pump the Internet" ...
2. but there is one "but"- and do you have a tablet that will pump these 50-60mbits? Wi-Fi standard G "pumps the channel" by about 20-30 Mbit ... but the N standard is already more serious ... but there is another "but"- the performance of the tablet itself may not be enough .... or are we going to "pump the Internet" on a hospital? then we look at the first point and save money ...
3. You will pay the same way as usual ... it connects to an Internet you have one device (router) and distributes it to others (computer, tablet, communicator, etc.) ...

PS: at the rate you have what rate?

Post has been editedcooler.nvkz - 05.10.11, 13:58
Reason for editing: PS: I looked at the characteristics of the tablet - N is ...

Rep: (888)
cooler.nvkz @ 10/05/2011, 14:57*
3. You will pay as usual ...

Depends on the impudence of the provider ...

I read in this thread that a good Asus WL-500gp Premium V2 router. Is it so? I have an Asus Eee Pad Transformer tablet .... and I don’t know if it will draw such a speed or not ... I didn’t even know what it was like ...
Tell me this tablet will bleed or not? And another question I have is unlimited at the rate and speed of 100 MB in Ukraine and 25 MB abroad. Because of the use of the router speed on the computer will not fall?

chepurnova
99% inside Ukraine that will fall ...
WL-500gp "pumps" about 70mbits ...if my memory serves me well... if you don’t use torrents and other "rocking chairs from the Internet", then you will not notice the difference ... and on the torrents you will see a small difference ...

Stasman,
and we really will tell the provider that we have connected the router? } -)

Rep: (888)
cooler.nvkz,
This is easily determined by many signs, starting with the change of MAC, TTL, the nature of traffic to a single server, and so on, even though these are indirect signs, but in some cases they let you know the model :)
The ease of such recognition depends on the perversity of the user.

I just use almost only torrents, the speed always suits, it swings very quickly. Somehow you don’t want to go from bigger to smaller, just because of the tablet) Tell me, will the speed differ so much? And what will happen if the provider finds out about the router? Nastuchat on the head? Can't you use it? Sorry for such stupid questions, never in the networks was not strong)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/09/19 08:40