Selection of network equipment | advice and help for choosing

Rep: (2114)

How to ask a question in the topic
When searching for equipment, specify the following information.
A request not in form can be deleted, respect the time of those who answer you.
  1. Connection Type: ADSL / Ethernet / Optics / Modem / By Air.
  2. Connection speed:Approximate speed, link to the tariff plan of the provider.
  3. Connection speed:If you do not know or find it difficult to say, describe your wishes from the device. Let's try to help and so
  4. Connection Type:LAN, PPPoE, PPTP, L2TP, etc. (again, the link to the provider).
  5. Required functionality:IPTV, games, WiFi N, Samba, FTP, VPN client / server, etc.
  6. Price.
  7. Preferences (if any) by brands of equipment.
  8. If possible, indicate the location and purpose of the use of equipment:apartment, office, country house, hostel.

Example
“I’m looking for a home router, Ethernet connection method, modem, 20 Mbps speed, need IPTV, games, L2TP connection type, budget: about $ 50.
I am looking for a switch, a hub controlled, 8 ports, a port speed of 100 Mbit / s, duplex, up to $ 100, the brand is not important. "

useful links

At the forum there are representatives of companies, manufacturers or developers of equipment, they can ask the necessary questions in QMS
In connection with the termination of the contract Wi-Cat<>NAG the original Wive-NG versions for the new SNR-CPE equipment (starting with SNR-CPE-ME2) will not be released .. equipment questions can be askedsfstudio .
Support for individuals on the already released equipment is carried out within the forum.https://wi-cat.ru/forums.
Ilya KhrupalovKeenetic

demo web interface Wive-NG available here

Theme for setting up the network with the equipment you choose hereSetting up networks, Internet access and network equipment

A set of "home gigabit" routers for the initial needs analysis
Overview of the implementation of Keenetic routers from different "families", but under the same manufacturer's OS
A practical way to solve problems with D-Link routers
Articles about using Ruckus equipment

The curator of the topic isMac Guru
For questions about filling caps, please contactQMS

Post has been editedMac Guru - 19.06.19, 09:52
Reason for editing: new cap, edited by MacGuru

Rep: (66)
Bad reviews about ziksel? COUPLE of user reviews with curved hands

Rep: (763)
ivleyantosha,
possibly..

Rep: (0)
There is a desire to make a home WI_FI network
Help pick a router up to $ 130
I plan to connect the router to the Internet with a cable pom, from it a cable to the BB.
The house also has 2 PDAs and a laptop.
It is also desirable to use Internet TV.
Private house in 2 floors
In the future, I plan to change the router connection from cable to wireless
Desirable USB and WI-FI n

Rep: (241)
anaart,

Rep: (888)
anaart,
NetGear WNR3500L, Linksys WRT160NL, Linksys E2000 / 3000, ASUS RT-N16, ASUS RT-N56U, TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND
TP-Link in a pinch ... there are complaints about IPTV ...

Post has been editedStasman - 19.07.11, 22:08

When I was looking for a router, then almost everything up to 100baksov, poorly coped with high-quality video on IPTV

Nemezis-87,
Because you need to choose not a box, but what's inside ...
I simply do not have an n whistle to check iptv on a laptop, but there are positive reviews on the same trunk ...

Rep: (46)
Hello everyone, I have access to the Internet through ADSL with PPPoE.
At home there are 2 PCs, 1 laptop, 2 smartphones. Almost always torrents swing from 2 computers at the same time.
Help me choose a separate router and modem separately. For money, I can buy ZyXEL Keenetic, they praise it everywhere .. or is there a better one?
But at the expense of the ADSL modem, I do not know at all what to buy.

Prankq
Here is a good ADSL Netgear DGN3500-100PES, there is a switch and a hook in it. And nothing else is inappropriate. ;)

Rep: (46)
Nemezis-87,
In my city, it costs about 4k :) And even then, it’s not in stores, only ordered online.
A bunch of modem and router will be cheaper. While looking at TP-Link TL-WR1043ND and ZyXEL Keenetic. Together with the modem no more than 3k should go ..

Prankq if the criteria are clearer, then yes. For the two devices are not bad, taking into account the potential of Zuksel.
Both are not hot, cooler D-links. Both in their segment at 5.

Rep: (10)
Tell me please.
D-link DIR-300 / NRU is now available. But with him there are the following problems:
1) Not reach the other corner of the apartment.
2) If you pull files from a computer (cable) to a laptop (802.11n), then the speed above 2-3 Mb / s does not work. I would like more.
In this regard, the question: what can I buy better?

And a couple more questions:
1) What is the USB port in the router for? (I read that in some D-link only for downloading settings you can use it)
2) Is there an EPSON RX590 printer? It has only one USB. Is it possible to connect it somehow to the router for network printing?

phoenix_ja @ 08/04/2011, 22:22*
2) Is there an EPSON RX590 printer? It has only one USB. Is it possible to connect it somehow to the router for network printing?

Yes. But there seems to be a nuance with the firmware.
phoenix_ja @ 08/04/2011, 22:22*
1) What is the USB port in the router for? (I read that in some D-link only for downloading settings you can use it)

almost all types of devices, screws and so on.

6xx model will be long-range 300. She has better coverage. Look in the direction of netgirs, you can take something from Tsisko but the price is high.

Nemezis-87,
If you choose from D-Link DIR-628 / D-Link DIR-655 / NETGEAR N300 (WNR3500L), what advice?

Post has been editedphoenix_ja - 04.08.11, 22:29

phoenix_ja,
ASUS RT-N56U or NETGEAR N300 (WNR3500L) are both pretty good.

And if you still choose from D-Link DIR-655 or NETGEAR N300 (WNR3500L), which is better? The built-in antennas in NETGEAR are in doubt, is there a better signal in the DIR-655? But NETGEAR has more custom firmware ...

phoenix_ja,
For a house / apartment there is not much difference what antennas, I have Netgear now generally lying on its side in the nightstand with antennas against the wall, the signal on the laptop did not get any worse ...
Well, at least with custom firmware and power settings, I never sat on my native firmware :)

phoenix_ja @ 08/05/2011, 00:32*
NETGEAR N300 (WNR3500L), which is better?

He's better. Antenna in many built, I also. In addition, you will not be there to shove super-power antennas, and so irradiated, and then you can forget about the inheritance in general: D
The quality of built-in antennas, enough for 3-5 room apartment.

Rep: (3)
maybe not in the subject. Help me choose a media player. needed: screw (as an option), download from neta, 3d support, images, Cyrillic support (normal)

Rep: (2)
Michavch @ 08/08/2011, 10:48 PM*
Help me choose a media player

Michavch @ 08/08/2011, 10:48 PM*
screw (as an option), download from neta, support 3d, images

What is a very specific Wishlist ... 3D throw and no special problems .. The choice is above the roof .. And here for example - Yamaha BD-S1067 ...
Although if the player is on such a chip (SMP8646), then playback of 3D content is possible.

Post has been editedAsshole - 10.08.11, 03:43

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/20/19 5:47 PM