Message#1
12.07.11, 16:20
Sock patty
[offline]

Group: FAQMakers
Messages 3690
Check in: 07.07.11
Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE SM-G935

Choice-comparison and discussion of laptops of various brands, as well as their capabilities and disadvantages
Your notes | Gaming laptops | Overclocking CPU and notebook GPU | Ambulance laptop owners

Attached Image

Some people think that a cheap laptop is a bad and not reliable laptop, and an expensive laptop is a good and good thing. And accordingly: the more expensive the laptop, the better it is. In fact, it is not. “Bad” can be an expensive device. Much depends on the manufacturer. And within the framework of one manufacturer, only its functionality, prestige, power will depend on the cost of the machine.

When choosing a laptop, you need to understand for what purpose you need it.

Sample request template for assistance in choosing a laptop
1. Maximum price of a laptop: (for example, 20 000 rubles)
2. The city in which the laptop will be purchased: (for example, Moscow and, if desired, a specific store)
Is there a specific store in which the purchase will be made.
3. Screen size in inches: (for example, 13.1)
3.1. If the diagonal is less than 14 inches, is the drive needed: (for example, only the built-in is needed)
3.2. Are there preferences for the type of screen: (for example, matte)
4. What is important in the first place: performance or mobility (long battery life)
5. Do you need games: (for example, are needed)
5.1. If necessary, then what: (for example, very demanding or PacMan)
5.2. Do I need to switch between discrete and integrated graphics: (for example, no, not necessary)
6. What additional ports are needed: (for example, eSata)
7. What does this need Wi-Fi N, LAN 1000 Gb, BT?
8. Other preferences: (for example, only pink)

Laptop classification
Low Cost Laptops:
Low cost laptops - laptops with low price and limited features. These laptops are based on low-cost Intel Celeron M and AMD Mobile Sempron processors, as well as younger Intel Core 2 Duo and AMD Turion models, sometimes VIA C7 processors are used. Budget processors often do not have the best energy efficiency, which adversely affects the battery life of laptops. In a number of super budget models there is no Wi-Fi adapter. The diagonal of the budget laptop screen is usually 14-15 ", although a number of manufacturers offer models with a diagonal of 17".
A special position among budget notebooks is occupied by netbooks with a screen diagonal of 7 - 10.2 inches. These devices were originally designed for the lower price segment, but their performance and operating comfort are low, and the cost of many models is comparable to conventional budget notebooks, which makes them not the best choice for the role of the main computer.
In order to reduce the cost, budget laptops are often shipped without a pre-installed operating system, or with pre-installed FreeDOS or an operating system based on GNU / Linux.

Laptops of the middle class:
Laptops of the middle class - the most extensive and rather blurry category of laptops. Diagonal screen of such a device can be any. Laptops in this category do not have outstanding performance, video adapter - built-in or discrete low-end series, the processor - primary or secondary level. The case of such portable computers, as a rule, is made of plastic, the design is simple, not prominent. On laptops of the middle class is usually preinstalled with Windows XP
Manufacturers usually include middle-class models for office and mainstream series, sometimes such laptops are positioned as “economy class multimedia laptops” or even as “economy class gaming notebooks” (in this case, the notebook has a mid-level video card and an inexpensive processor ). Most laptops of the category "desktop replacement" can also be attributed to the middle class laptops.

Business laptops:
Business laptops are designed for business people. In terms of their technical characteristics, business laptops are practically similar to those of the middle class and differ from them mainly in their strict and concise design, as well as the use of more expensive materials. Business laptops quite often fall into the category of subnotebooks (intended primarily for those who often travel on business trips), rarely into the category of “desktop replacement” (for those who do not need to take the laptop out of the office). Some models are equipped with professional video cards Quadro NVS, designed to display information on several external displays (these video adapters are certified for corporate applications). There are even business netbooks (HP 2133 Mini-Note PC). Business laptops are usually preinstalled with Windows 7 Enterprise.

Multimedia laptops:
Multimedia laptops are another rather blurry category of notebooks. The positioning of the laptop as “multimedia” depends on the manufacturer. Typically, multimedia laptops include laptops with video cards and middle class processors, which allows you to use your laptop for almost any purpose, including for most computer games.
The screen diagonal size of multimedia laptops is 15.6 - 18.4 inches, multimedia laptops with a smaller diagonal are almost never met, since the small size of the display makes it difficult to perform multimedia functions. Simple multimedia laptops are almost the same as the middle class laptops. Sometimes you can find a small screen on the back of the lid, which allows you to view images and video clips without opening the laptop. The ability to watch movies and other multimedia files without loading the operating system is quite common. Advanced multimedia notebooks are equipped with a TV tuner and a remote control. The OS on laptops in this category are usually versions of Windows 7 that contain the Windows Media Center component (Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate).

Gaming laptops:
Gaming laptops are designed for particularly demanding tasks, such as computer games. The main difference of the gaming notebook is a powerful processor and a powerful graphics card. Despite the fact that mobile versions of video cards are inferior to desktop ones, they are able to provide quite comfortable conditions even in the most demanding games. Some manufacturers offer laptops with two graphics cards operating in SLI / Crossfire mode (of course, in Desktop Replacement class models), a full-fledged desktop processor can be installed on the most expensive models, there is an efficient cooling system. Often, gaming laptops have an aggressive, sometimes simply enchanting design.
F.A.Q.-Frequently Asked Questions
AT:What is a laptop?
ABOUT:Notebook (English notebook - notebook, notepad PC) - a portable personal computer, in the case of which typical components of a PC are combined, including a display, keyboard and pointing device (usually a touch panel or touchpad), a handheld computer, and rechargeable batteries. Laptops are small in size and weight, the battery life of laptops varies from 1 to 15 hours.
AT:Can I charge my laptop in the car?
ABOUT:Sure you may! The power of a car cigarette lighter is enough to power almost anyone, even the most voracious laptop. That's just the voltage in it is not 210-240V as in the outlet, but 10-19V (depending on the model). To fix this, use the standard "12V DC - 220V AC" car converter. With it, your car will appear in the usual outlet that you can use to charge the laptop battery. And the notebook's power supply unit accepts from 100 to 240V and “extinguishes” destructive power surges.
AT:What is "standby"?
ABOUT:Standby in a laptop is almost the same as shutdown. Only when switching to the standby mode, all open windows and programs will not be closed. When you "wake up" a laptop, you will start working from the place where you left off.
AT:How are Apple laptops (MacBooks) different?
ABOUT:First of all, a completely different operating system: not Windows, but Mac OS X. This entails differences in technical capabilities. Apple computers are most often used when working with multimedia applications, graphics, and design developments.
AT:What are PCMCIA and CardBus cards?
ABOUT:Expansion cards of the laptop, with their help, you can connect a TV tuner, card reader, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth modules.
AT:What is the S / PDIF output, why is it needed?
ABOUT:S / PDIF - English Sony / Philips Digital Interface Format is a standard for transmitting digital audio between various audio components. Allows several types of cable and types of jacks 3.5 mm jack (standard plug from headphones), and RCA jack, popularly referred to as "Tulip". Another type of S / PDIF is called "optical", or TOSLINK - a light guide is used for data transmission. The advantage of the S / PDIF optical type is excellent electrical noise immunity.
AT:What is a “glass matrix”?
ABOUT:Special technology manufacturing matrix - provides a high brightness of liquid crystal displays, color saturation, more vibrant and colorful image. Colors in laptops with such a matrix seem fresher, juicier, because a special glossy coating has been applied to the matrix of the laptop instead of the usual matte one. Visually reducing the distance between adjacent pixels, this coating thereby significantly increases the contrast and brightness of the image. A significant disadvantage of glossy matrices is that they serve as a mirror for you and the objects around you (therefore such matrices are sometimes called mirror). In addition, the laptop screen with such a matrix is ​​very bright, and the more intense the lighting in your room, the worse you can see the image on the laptop screen.
AT:What to look for in the design of the case?
ABOUT:Hole for ventilation. If the radiator hole is located at the bottom, then you need a hard surface for comfortable notebook operation, so that the legs of the laptop create a small distance from the surface, since by placing it on some soft surface, you close the cooling holes.
USB ports. It is desirable that the USB ports are not grouped in one place, but were scattered on the sides. Since when you connect one large USB device, such as a flash drive, you can block other ports.
AT:What is the use of a widescreen screen?
ABOUT:The widescreen display has an aspect ratio of 16: 9, rather than 4: 3, like a normal display. On a laptop with such a screen, it is more convenient to work on the Internet and with text documents, since the basic information is located in the center of the screen, and the side space can be used at your discretion. On the widescreen display is much more pleasant to watch a movie, since the black bars above and below disappear.
AT:How much RAM is enough for comfortable work?
ABOUT:512 MB of RAM will be enough for comfortable work on the Internet, in Word and Excel, as well as for watching movies. Ideal volume - 2 GB and more, you can work with comfort in Windows Vista and Windows 7.
AT:How to quickly charge a laptop battery?
ABOUT:In order to charge the battery faster, you need to turn off the laptop and connect it via a mains adapter to a 220V outlet. The fact is that when the laptop is turned on, the energy that comes from the mains adapter is consumed by the operation of the laptop systems and its battery charge. But when the laptop is turned off, all the energy goes to the battery, so its charge is faster than when the laptop is turned on.
AT:I have a very hot laptop, is this some kind of malfunction?
ABOUT:It all depends on how long your laptop has started to warm up. If you bought it recently and from the very first day it heats up about the same, you can not worry. Heating the bottom of the laptop during operation is a common occurrence, and you can use a special fan stand to reduce the temperature. But if the laptop began to warm up when it was some time after the purchase, you should first clean it yourself of dust with a special vacuum cleaner (perhaps the air vents are just clogged). If this does not help, contact the service center.

The topic is looking for a curator!

Post has been editedgabby - 13.11.18, 23:47
Reason for editing: reissue
tixyshnik
Message#42
25.09.17, 22:55
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 2
Check in: 22.08.15
Doogee x5

10k UAH, the city of Kirovograd, mainly for working with standard and engineering programs, games preferably Dota 2, Skyrim, and Civilization)

Post has been editedtixyshnik - 25.09.17, 22:57
l11aTT
Message#43
05.10.17, 11:48
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 20
Check in: 23.06.13

Hello!I really need helpin choosing a laptop!

1. Budget: up to30 000rubles
2. Moscow
3. Screen size in inches: from 13.3 to 15 (14 is optimal)
3.1. If the diagonal is less than 14 inches, is the drive needed: not needed
3.2. Are there any preferences for the type of screen: IPS Full HD - advantage.
4. What is important in the first place:mobility(weight up to 1.5) andautonomy(from 7-8 hours to infinity)
Do I need games: no! But the ability to run 1C is an advantage.

Comment:
Functions: Use for remote work RDP / Teamviewer, trouble-free surfing and small tasks in the office.

I decided that I would take either a normal laptop for 30, or a half-alive similarity for little money, but be exchanged for g * clearly ... such ...
In any case, its functions must perform!

My options (+ opinion, all based on information from the Internet):

1. KREZ N1402P - cloudbook - to be. 1C I will not start (probably) + a lot of headaches with updates, drivers, etc. I consider it early to buy such models, because in the event of a breakdown, there is no one to turn to, and the quality makes you think about it constantly. Tactile sensations are expected from the rest of budget notebooks. These are cons. And there everything is usually soldered on the board. Left a comment inacc. topic.

2. HP ProBook 440 G4 Y7Z75EA - seems like the best option. Confused weight and TN display (2k17 in the yard as BE?). The quality of the display and viewing angles say (saw comments on the Market) like an ATM. Otherwise, for me the perfect configuration + the ability to dock operatives + SSD. I think a full-fledged laptop for a great price.

3. Acer Swift 3 - Only BU. HD resolution (1366x768). But ips. Again, if that (and I had cases when the hard refused), how to maintain it? Where to get a new battery, it will not keep for 10 hours sooner or later? Lapal Swift 1 - very nice to work with, but 1C on Swift 1 - I'm afraid in any way. Then why give 30k for an inferior laptop? Swift 3 in this respect satisfies the conditions, but as described above, there are downsides.

Questions:
1. Are there alternatives? What advise?
2. Is there a difference between 13 "and 14"?
3. Is there a difference between FULL HD and HD?

All responded - thanks! I do not take laptops every day, and for me it is a small event, and the next one - about 5 years from now.

Post has been editedl11aTT - 05.10.17, 11:54
Prodto
Message#44
20.01.18, 13:28
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 11
Check in: 20.01.18

Advise up to 20 000 (rubles)
To look normal (there are such laptops on which it is simply impossible to watch).
Well, I could pull programs from java, Ps, etc.
City Ufa

Post has been editedProdto - 20.01.18, 13:30
Reason for editing: I did not complete the data ...
Gold dragon
Message#45
20.01.18, 17:49
Old resident
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 754
Check in: 02.01.12
Xiaomi Mi Note 3 6/64

l11aTT @ 05.10.17, 11:48*
Hello! I really need help choosing a laptop!

1. Budget: up to 30 000 rubles

It is quite possible to find something in this price, but you have underestimated the weight and size, in these parameters there will be an extra charge to the cost.

If in general it is worth looking for i3-6006u / 6100u / 7100u + 4-6GB + 500-1000GB HDD + 14-15 "@ 1920x1080 / 1600x900 in weight 1.5-2kg

If it is possible to deliver from abroad, you can find something likehttps: //www.computerun...book-x405ua-bv285t.asp

--------------------
Tab: Lenovo MiiX 510 i7-6500u 8Gb 512Gb LTE
Phone: Xiaomi Mi Note 3 (64Gb)
My darlingAMD Ryzen 7 2700X / Asus Prime X470-Pro / Corsair CMR32GX4M2F3600C18 (16 GB x 2) 3333 @ 16 / BIOS 4204/2080 SJS
Prodto
Message#46
20.01.18, 19:42
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 11
Check in: 20.01.18

* l11aTT,
I can advise Acer aspire a5
I would buy it myself if I allowed the budget.
This is a ssd laptop!
For 30k, of course you can hardly find ...
I have seen over 35,000.
The laptop has op. Memory for eight gigs ... But in the junk write, you can increase to sixteen.
Do not know whether they lie?

Post has been editedProdto - 20.01.18, 19:45
Alex_Laew
Message#47
22.01.18, 17:14
a guest
[offline]

Messages 3
Check in: 11.12.10

Advise what to buy from the models below. Itself in China, there I will order.

https://item.jd.com/18233606673.html
https://item.jd.com/21657599622.html
https://item.jd.com/5148295.html
https://item.jd.com/15968981673.html
https://item.jd.com/10671291167.html

The problem is that not all models have analogues available in Russia, respectively, there is nothing to read about reliability
Sw-777
Message#48
23.01.18, 00:29
Guru
[offline]

Messages 7306
Check in: 02.04.16

The point is to buy there, only in one case - the difference with us is at least -35% for brands. Otherwise, it is better not to chase virtual low prices. Chinese products and xiaomi better not even look. They have not learned how to do telephones.

--------------------
mi4c 2/16, CM 14.1 RR (12/18/2016)
sunshineportland
Message#49
23.01.18, 05:48
a guest
[offline]

Messages 6
Check in: 29.03.16
Apple iPhone 6

Good day, need a laptop for home needs

1. up to 650 USD
2. Kharkiv
3. 15 inches
4. Internet, movies, office programs

hard drive not less than 1TV, Full HD

Post has been editedsunshineportland - 23.01.18, 05:50
kkostorpaff
Message#50
11.03.18, 00:13
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 19
Check in: 12.02.10
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Exynos

1. Maximum laptop price: 70k (but comfortable 50k-60)
2. City of Moscow
No matter which store
3. Screen size in inches: 14-15
3.1. Drive is not needed
3.2. Are there preferences for the type of screen: FHD, IPS, matte (normal matrix)
4. What is important in the first place: performance (i5-82250U, for example, 8 GB of RAM, ergonomics, thinner, metal (preferably), SSD 256 GB + fast, not heated, not very noisy.
The most convenient to use. Modern ports (USB 3.0, HDMI), autonomy is not important, lightness is an advantage. High-quality assembly. Minimum marriage. Solid appearance.
5. Whether games are needed: no, an MX150 card is sufficient.
Zholik_97
Message#51
25.07.18, 21:40
User
[online]

Messages 78
Check in: 21.06.17
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) SM-A720F / DS

Hello, everyone, help pliz, did anyone take a gaming laptop from HP?https://www.mvideo.ru/…30039078/specificationif yes, please answer: does it have problems with overheating? Glitches and other serious problems?
ozfr
Message#52
30.07.18, 13:11
Local
[online]

Messages 292
Check in: 15.08.10
Apple iPhone X

Gentlemen, I am looking for a budget laptop: lightweight, more or less high-quality assembly and with good autonomy.
The choice fell onASUS VivoBook E403NA GA041. I did not find a normal review, however, as well as the reviews of the owners. The difficulty lies in the fact that in my city there is no this laptop in stock and will have to ask someone to bring it from Moscow. I would not want to buy a cat in a bag and be disappointed. It is clear that only 20k and nevertheless cherish the hope that Asus has made a relatively high-quality product.
The characteristics indicate ssd, but in fact there is an eMMC there and how smart it is to be known. I am also interested in how good the screen is (14 "TN (LED) Glossy), since I would not like to experience discomfort while working. I would appreciate the opinion of the experienced, and if lucky, also the owners)

Post has been editedozfr - 30.07.18, 15:01

--------------------
Apple iMac 27 Retina 5K i5 3.8 / 8Gb / 2TB FD / RP 580 8Gb

Apple MacBook Air 13 i5 1.8/8Gb/128SSD download

Iphone x 256 GB
I ♥ Mac OS
Biqwaer
Message#53
30.07.18, 17:03
Dream inspires, not Red Bull
[offline]

Messages 598
Check in: 26.09.11
Samsung Galaxy S8 Exynos

Good time of day.
1. Maximum price of a laptop: 45000r (the comfort amount is up to 40k)
2. City: Ivanovo. There are no links to the city, I consider buying on the Internet. (I'll take it where it is cheaper)
3. Screen size 15.6 "
3.1 is not needed.
3.2. Precepts IPS, but I can also take TN.
4. What is important in the first place: performance. Although I wanted to find a middle ground.
5. Whether games are necessary: ​​Yes, are necessary. But there is a PS4 for gaming.
5.1. I would like to play at medium, low settings. (Pubg, wow, sims4, GTA5 - something like that.)
5.2. Yes
Other preferences:
Availability type-c +
The presence of the keyboard backlight +
at least i5, from 4GB (expandable from 8GB) discrete video.
The presence or possibility of combining HHD and SSD.
Ps. I am looking for a device for work. Office, reports, surfing. But I do not want, that the laptop will be wired at home with a brick. Stats PC eliminates and serves for viewing YouTube and surfing, movies and no more.
For myself, until I found two options: VIYO I7 and Lenovo 720-15ikb

And what do you suggest? Thanks in advance.

--------------------
~ Vasay ~
Message#54
30.07.18, 17:23
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1517
Check in: 23.02.12

Ozfr @ 07/30/18 13:11*
Gentlemen, I am looking for a budget laptop: lightweight, more or less high-quality assembly and with good autonomy.
The choice fell on the ASUS VivoBook E403NA GA041. I did not find a normal review, however, as well as the reviews of the owners. The difficulty lies in the fact that in my city there is no this laptop in stock and will have to ask someone to bring it from Moscow. I would not want to buy a cat in a bag and be disappointed. It is clear that only 20k and nevertheless cherish the hope that Asus has made a relatively high-quality product.
The characteristics indicate ssd, but in fact there is an eMMC there and how smart it is to be known. I am also interested in how good the screen is (14 "TN (LED) Glossy), since I would not like to experience discomfort while working. I would appreciate the opinion of the experienced, and if lucky, also the owners)

IMHO Asus in this budget has more interesting devices: ASUS X507 - there are different versions. I would look at the one with FullHD 8GB RAM, Pentium N5000 128GB SSD. It is worth about 23tr (https: //www.citilink.r...ile/notebooks/1061747/ )

On the quality screen, of course, you can not count here

Post has been edited~ Vasay ~ - 30.07.18, 17:30
ozfr
Message#55
30.07.18, 22:18
Local
[online]

Messages 292
Check in: 15.08.10
Apple iPhone X

~ Vasay ~ @ 07.30.18, 17:23*
IMHO Asus in this budget has more interesting devices: ASUS X507 - there are different versions. I would look at the one with FullHD 8GB RAM, Pentium N5000 128GB SSD

Thank you, but it seems to me that your version with a 15.6 screen will no longer be so mobile. Also relevant is the issue of battery life. What do you think, how good is the battery in my version? Thanks to your link, found a couple of interesting moments in this store.

--------------------
Apple iMac 27 Retina 5K i5 3.8 / 8Gb / 2TB FD / RP 580 8Gb Apple MacBook Air 13 i5 1.8 / 8Gb / 128SSD
Iphone x 256 GB
I ♥ Mac OS
StereoFriend30
Message#56
30.07.18, 22:19
Local
[offline]

Messages 117
Check in: 06.05.15
LeEco Le 2 x527

* ozfr, taking this laptop is not an option at all, for such money you can find it with an FHD screen and more powerful Celeron. Take a closer look atTeclast f7, Alldocube Knote5(tablet, but the new generation of Celeron is already worth it),prestigio 133s(sold in our stores, but memory is cut, some have a marriage)
~ Vasay ~
Message#57
31.07.18, 04:37
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1517
Check in: 23.02.12

Ozfr @ 07.30.18, 22:18*
Your version with a screen of 15.6 will not be so mobile.

The difference in weight 250g

The difference in CPU is huge:https: //www.notebookch…hz=1&cores=1&threads=1

I have an old tablet on Intel Atom Z3795 - so it is more productive than the N3350

By the way, if you really need something compact and long-lived - look at Windows on Windows.
Arhiwall
Message#58
02.08.18, 04:58
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 708
Check in: 20.03.12

Hello! There is a need to buy beech for work. At home there is a relatively powerful computer on the fx-8350, for my tasks with my head. Beech is needed for trips to customers and work on departure. AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, Blender, Photoshop. The network for such tasks advise only i-series Intel taller and discrete video. You can strung up of course, but here’s the thought: do I need the replay of my desktop? I once had a beech on t2330 with 1.5 GB of RAM, so I managed to use it for 2 years as the main one, even rendered some simple interiors on it. Now there is a great temptation to take n5000 and 8 GB of RAM with SSD for 25 thousand and calm down, according to benchmarks it is almost 3 times more productive than t2330. Only noise everywhere is a brake, this is for study, for the office no more, chrome slows down, etc. So in doubt, what do you say? Take the "game"?
Noyce
Message#59
02.08.18, 09:10
Visitor
[offline]

Messages 22
Check in: 11.05.18
Honor 8 FRD-L09

Hello. Tell me, please, what kind of laptop can I get (and if there is one), up to 35,000 rubles. Not a game, but to go PES 2019. City of Samara.
Thank you in advance
kirillovmsk
Message#60
02.08.18, 12:38
a guest
[offline]

Messages 8
Check in: 08.09.17

He wants to give it to everyone, I ask for help in choosing, I don’t really understand it myself, but I want to take it with a reserve for several years.

1. Maximum price of a laptop: 45-47t.r.
2. The city in which the purchase of the laptop will be made: Moscow, Yandex Market
3. Screen size in inches: from 17
3.1. If the diagonal is less than 14 inches, is the drive needed: (for example, only the built-in is needed)
3.2. Are there preferences for the type of screen: (for example, matte) Matte, good, IPS?
4. What is important in the first place: performance
5. Do you need games: do not need at all, the Internet, video, office software.
I want silver in general

In my opinion of the necessary i5 8250, combo hard drive with ssd or ssd.
My amateurish options:

Dell on player ru

nr on the player

advise and your options plz.

Post has been editedkirillovmsk - 02.08.18, 12:42
Sw-777
Message#61
02.08.18, 13:13
Guru
[offline]

Messages 7306
Check in: 02.04.16

How can you compare 5770 with good IPS and HP with lousy TN? In 47k, you still do not meet, because You also need to buy a memory bar for 8GB to double its speed.

--------------------
mi4c 2/16, CM 14.1 RR (12/18/2016)

95 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/30/19/22: 47