Samsung NC110 - Discussion | [netbook] discussion

Rep: (24)
Windows (7 | 8 | 8.1 | 10) | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Samsung NC110 - Discussion

Attached Image

specifications
Type: netbook
Installed operating system: Win 7 Starter
Processor: Atom 1660 MHz
Processor Code: N455
The number of processor cores: 1
Cache size L2 512 KB
Chipset: Intel NM10
RAM Memory: 1024 MB DDR3
Number of memory slots; one
Display: 10.1 inches, 1024x600, widescreen
Screen Type: Matte
Screen backlight: LED
Graphics type: built-in
Graphics chipset: Intel GMA 3150
Video Memory: SMA
Optical drive: no DVD
Hard Drive: 250 GB Serial ATA
LAN / Modem network card 10/100 Mbit / s
Wireless: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 802.11g
Bluetooth Version 3.0 HS
Interfaces: USB 2.0x3, VGA (D-Sub), microphone input, audio / headphone output, LAN (RJ-45)
Expansion slots
A device for reading flash cards
Supports SD, SDHC, SDXC memory cards
Dimensions (LxWxT): 259x179.5x33.7 mm
Weight 1.18 kg
Mini review
general view of the device.
Attached Image
Back cover
Attached Image
It is glossy, which means you will have to either walk with a zalapannya, or always carry a rag with you :)or so.
On the sides
Attached Image
Attached Image
Battery
Attached Image
Screenshot
Attached Image
Available in the following colors:
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Benefits:
- long battery life.
- quick turn on.
-comfortable keyboard.
- loud enough.
Disadvantages:
- glossy back cover.
- the first inclusion is very long (I do not consider it a disadvantage, but it’s worth saying so).
also read a review fromoffminds
FAQ
How long does the battery hold?
With a simple use of hours 7-8 (Internet, asya). If you watch movies, then enough hours for 5.
How much can you increase the amount of RAM, and how?
You can put the bar DDR3 2GB.
like this.
I'd add that doing this is desirable if you have win7.
Screen with installed memory bar at 4 Gig
The screen is not bright, and gives the blue what to do?
change graphic settings.
When you close the lid, the laptop goes to sleep. How to fix?
So
How to set up a 3G modem in ubuntu?
nothing complicated.
I installed Windows XP and I don’t have Bluetooth drivers, what should I do?
try these.
I installed 64 bit windows 7, and my brightness is not adjusted. What to do?
Install a 32 bit system or
try this
Standby mode does not work in ubuntu 12.04, how to be?
should help
Installation of various operating systems:
Install Ubuntu and configure fn keys.
Install Windows Vista / Server 2008/7 from a flash drive.
Install Windows Xp from a USB flash drive.
Attention!After installing any version of Windows, in addition to the drivers, you need to install Easy Display Manager (there is support in the “Programs” section). Softina is needed for fn keys.
Solving the problem of falling off WiFi on an Intel card .
Drivers : Win 7 XP .
Change screen resolution
Useful

Post has been editedstp101 - 06.03.18, 15:13
Reason for editing: New cap author, cap Nik2001Nik3006

Rep: (978)
* Oprichnik ,
In Moscow, a market stall was on charge, they were picked up in a minute. And with Ali the lottery.

Rep: (97)
* Oprichnik,
repair kit with a standard samsung connector, if it is needed
https: //www.aliexpress...-0Pin/32581767296.html
If you are completely looking for charging, it's in vain, you can often cheaper to buy Chinese on the spot than on Ali

Rep: (2)
* OldWindPadUser,
thank!
I'm just thinking, I'm not sure that it was in my charge that I broke. It also consists of a power cable and a transformer to which charging is already connected.
It is likely that the power cable has blown, and if I supply a current there, then maybe the original transformer will work.

* Oprichnik,
Is there an indicator on charging? does not burn? maybe the power cable, of course, rarely, but it happens (although it usually fails only because of very careless handling or gnawing). yes go to any workshop then ask to check

* OldWindPadUser,

The indicator is there, and it is off.

Xs, it seems to me, the money will ask for all this considerable ((

Post has been editedOprichnik - 09.02.19, 14:11

* Oprichnik,
if the power cable itself is not damaged, not flooded, it is unlikely to blame. Try to pull it out a couple of times into the slot, it happens that it oxidizes or burns of course, or it is simply not fully inserted. test options: go to the store, also ask to check, with the condition if it works, buy, or on avito with such condition beu search. Well, in the workshops, it all depends on the adequacy of the master, of course, it is to repair it, it makes no special sense, but to check, well, with the same condition: Guys, something doesn’t work, can the cable come up? have for sale? let's try it if it works, like this.
and the power cable, if there is no grounding, in any store it is in the area of ​​fifty dollars, with grounding already expensive, 200 rubles.
in the end you can find a cable from friends, I hope not live in the forest?

Post has been editedOldWindPadUser - 09.02.19, 14:26

Rep: (4)
* Oprichnik, This is not charging but BP :) (yes, there is a difference).
The diode is not lit - you need to climb inside if the wires have already been checked. The problem of repair - to open them carefully - most of these power supplies are sealed around the perimeter, but light shots with a rubber mallet and a knife into the joint always help. True, you need to have experience or skill or just imagine how the halves are held there.

Post has been editedYozhig - 20.02.19, 14:49

Rep: (0)
Mayiger2018 @ 03.02.19, 17:56*
Lpn06, I also have the maximum, but she terribly tupit on it. Atom can not cope. Were thought to put a starter or home. The starter is completely naked, but the home is just right for work.
and I just updated the default starter to the pro version - nothing seems to be stupid. (i.e. as it was not very fast, so it remains)

Mayiger2018 @ 03.02.19, 17:56*
And about YouTube, nobody will tell you anything?
but youtube braked even on the default starter.
By the way, on 32-bit Linux, YouTube is even worse in firefox. (but I don’t have Open GL installed)

Mayiger2018 @ 03.02.19, 16:53 where is the Android

YouTube is not tupit in it
and why so? browser is not gluttonous?

Post has been editedNyumbu - 20.02.19, 13:59

* Nyumbu I don’t know why I don’t know)))). I got rid of this miracle of technology, I sold it.

* Nyumbu, and I give you the same link to my post, with links to habr (thin, yes?), on the topic of setting up browsers and the operating systems themselves: Samsung NC110 - Discussion (Post Yozhig # 82013997)

Lord Linux, what about the firewood for vidyuhi (3600) under Ubutntu-derived OS?
Do they? Are they needed at all or are they missing in the core?

Search on an Internet gives only topics about firewood by 12.04 and then not from this vidyuhi.

Post has been editedshurik247 - 14.03.19, 11:58

Rep: (37)
* shurik247 , no problem put any debian derivatives.

* Dimisio I understand, but what about firewood?

* shurik247
everything is put out of the box, no problem. The normal conclusion is that through VGA, that through HDMI is calmly perceived and works like 2 monitors. Drivers do not need to be installed separately. In the core of everything.

Reinstalled Windows, ran into the problem of finding drivers. It seems to have installed everything you need with the help of Snappy Driver Installer. Here, I share the installation file of all drivers with clean Windows 7 Ultimate (Maximum):

Drivers

people, in this netbook, as I understand it, the bios itself provides permanent parking for hdd when idle?
and do not disable it? (the item is not in the BIOS settings: lol :)
and even in Win7 and Linux in the parking lotevery 15 seconds the disk is parked \ starts .
this will shorten his term! : angry:
In vin7, I turned off the power saving for the disk, but it still parks \ starts at every opportunity - does this mean that this bios gets up?

* Nyumbu,
This disk is parked itself, not Windows.
I put a hat on the food that you have a WD diskfor them (and there is a sigate) there is a native utility WDIdle

Post has been editedYozhig - 12.04.19, 17:59

* Yozhig
NO: lol:
there ST320LT020-9YG142
Yozhig @ 04/12/19, 18:59*
This disk is parked itself, not Windows.
those. Does its own firmware control all this?

read about him:
Power-management modes
The drive provides programmable power management to provide greater energy efficiency. In most systems, you can control the management system through the system setup program.
What kind of system setup program are they writing about? for example, in win7 it is in power management, what? :)

Post has been editedNyumbu - 12.04.19, 23:04

Nyumbu @ 04/12/19, 23:02*
there ST320LT020-9YG142

FAQ. Disable parking at Seagate hard drives (software level)

Here is the instruction
linux is easier
hdparm -B 254 / dev / sda
sometimes it does not work then edit
/etc/hdparm.conf
find the line apm_battery, uncomment it to put the value 254 to disable parking.

Post has been editedDimisio - 12.04.19, 23:20

Dimisio @ 04.13.19, 00:07*
in linux easier hdparm -B 254 / dev / sda

what is interesting: if you enter without parameters hdparm -B / dev / sda, then output the value that was set.
it was 254 i.e. was taken not from /etc/hdparm.conf, but from / lib / hdparm / hdparm-functions - it is there by default hdparm_set_option -B254
here in the post # 6 is also some instruction
and write what exactly / lib / hdparm / hdparm-functions is for powering from the outlet, and /etc/hdparm.conf is for batteries.
and recommend that in / lib / hdparm / hdparm-functions everywhere set values ​​- 254

but I haven't edited it yet. I worked hdparm -S 252 / dev / sda :) but before rebooting: lol:

but with hdparm -Z / dev / sda (disabling Seagate auto powersaving mode) it says: SG_IO: bad / missing sense data: o

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/27/19 18:56