Flashing PHILIPS XENIUM V816
On the need for romodels ...
Will you start flashing your V816 device with “home-made” firmware from this site (despite the risk of breakdown)?
Yes, I will try to flash "homemade" firmware [ 438 ] ** [70,42%]
No, I will only flash firmware [ 147 ] ** [23,63%]
I'm not going to flash my device at all [ 37 ] ** [5,95%]
Total votes: 622

Rep: (27)
The material presented on the page is unofficial (with the exception of official firmware), in the event of unsuccessful firmware or destruction of the device, the author of the software and the Administration do not bear responsibility for the resource! All actions are performed at your own risk!

Flashing PHILIPS XENIUM V816
PHILIPS XENIUM V816
Description| Flashing>> | Android on V816 пїЅ | Discussion of Philips Xenium V816 >> | Philips Xenium V816 - Marriage >>

Flashing tools + instructions in pdf:
Staff flasher Attached filePHILIPS_V816_Updater_RU.exe (1.07 MB)

InstructionAttached filePHILIPS_V816_Updater_User_Guide_RU.pdf(253.91 KB)

Overview of firmware 08 - 11 (thanksMuRRa )
Opinion fromKotwasya about the impossibility of creating custom firmware for Philips V816 - can someone refute !?
List of firmware glitches 08 - 11 (thanksZlydenGL )

Firmware:
In devices manufactured since August 2011, a new type of LCD display is used. Firmware for such phones are indicated by the index "D".
Before flashing your device, check for the presence of the "D" index in your old firmware!

11C firmware with a resolved time zone problem - OC CE 5.2.23096 (Build 23127.5.3.2) Software Version: V816_M6516B_1131_XX_V11C_EN
11D firmware (for devices with a new LCD) with a resolved time zone problem
Lightweight 00C firmware (does not include Philips proprietary shell)
Lightweight 00D firmware (for devices with a new LCD)
Firmware V816_09C_RU - OC CE 5.2.23096 (Build 23127.5.3.2)
Official firmware V816_V08C_RU - OC CE 5.2.23096 (Build 23127.5.3.2)

Useful for creating your own firmware:

Iron V816:

Useful for setting up some programs from native firmware:

Post has been editedsam007 - 14.06.12, 19:38
Reason for editing: Added keyboard links

I think everyone will find it useful for firmware to have a link to the official support site fromPhilips :
Mobile Phone Utility Software Update Link

Now in a regular system I observe a glitch: often messages do not open for viewing, the last messages when sorting
by the date of receipt they are listed in the form of a chat in front of the oldest, because they only have time, because the date
added only for old messages ...

I note that the version of Windows on the device is very raw, despite the fact that6.5.3 worked out for a long time:
for example, in my system information, this is whatOC CE 5.2.23096 (Build 23127.5.3.2)
The strange thing is that the build number is different from the OS number!
OS development branch, judging by the build number,23127 from COM3 and approximate build date June 2010
and judging by the OS version number23096 core development dates back somewhere October 2009 !
On later builds from the same developerCOM3 , eg 23150 much is already in the system itself
for example, on the system lock screen there is an audio player control ... The system itself is much more frisky and glitches are no longer observed.
Romodels, we are looking for the kitchen and, not expecting mercy from Philips, we collect the OS!

Post has been editedDaymon - 06.06.11, 21:04
Reason for editing: Removed what he added to the header.

Rep: (79)
http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/c/ct..._00_ics_rus.zip
Link to existing firmware from. site.

Rep: (112)
And from the firmware, can the preinstalled programs be deleted somehow?

Rep: (3)
Analysis of official firmware for Philips V816razbor.rar .
For disassembly, the programs nbwork and OSBuilder were used, if something is wrong please do not swear much, I took it apart for the first time according to the instructions from this site (http: //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=183667&st=0),I’ll try to pick it further, what I can lay out.
Disassembly programs were used from the kitchen for Tops A1, as they have the same platform.

Post has been editedfreemen123 - 09.06.11, 13:58

Rep: (2831)
Serganru @ 06/09/2011, 12:50*
And from the firmware, can the preinstalled programs be deleted somehow?

No, you can’t remove it on the phone, you need to disassemble the firmware in the kitchen, delete, assemble, and then sew.

http://asusmobile.ru/board/viewtopic.php?t=19866and with the help of this, can we make a kitchen for our device?

Rep: (1633)
serganru,
I think it's better to talk with romodels on this topicWe do firmware independently

Serganru @ 06/09/2011, 14:51*
http://asusmobile.ru/board/viewtopic.php?t=19866and with the help of this, can we make a kitchen for our device?

Probably possible because for disassembling on OEM and SYS packages I used it.

Rep: (91)
freemen123,
but could you compare with the new 09C chttp://xenium-fan.ru/node/43for differences other than the announced navitel navigator update? Well, or lay out a new analysis.

Post has been editedserrrios - 15.06.11, 15:57

Rep: (159)
no, guys, rotten business, in my opinion! the firmware is signed by a certificate, the bootloader will not let other firmware options into the phone! you will also have to take into account the same owners of Gigabytes! : yes2:

Serrrios @ 06/15/2011, 16:56*
but could you compare with the new 09C chttp://xenium-fan.ru/node/43for differences

I flashed the device with firmwareV816_09C_RU , no differences, give screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

those same build numbers ...: beee: sorry
because one more glitch - SMS just arrived in chat mode is in the wilds among many others, and it is very difficult to find

I asked Philips about the possibility of installing custom firmware ...

Question to Philips:
Hello Philips !!!! I am a user of the xenium v816 smartphone. Pre-installed software complicates the use of the phone. As noted by users and in numerous reviews, there are some problems associated with the slow operation of the phone and outdated system components, which, due to the lack of updates, could be eliminated by the users themselves, having the opportunity to install independent (custom) firmware.
Samsung, SE and HTC listened to the wishes of their customers and opened access to the so-called. bootloaders to bootloaders.
Does Philips plan to meet with users following the example of other manufacturers and provide users with the opportunity to participate in improving phone software?

Philips answer:
Dear Sergey, I inform you that Philips is trying to constantly improve its products and services, in connection with which, your wishes for improving the services provided by Philips will be transferred to our central office. If a positive decision is made, this opportunity will appear on the site www.philips.ru.

Apparently the truth is not a phone for enthusiasts, but an ordinary miscarriage turned out ....

Rep: (5)
Hello to all!!! You do not know where to download the flasher, the link in the header does not work. I have 08, I want to change to 09.
ABOUT! And still no one knows why there is no Internet via WiFi? All other devices work. He sees the point, the signal is good.
Thank!!!

Dealt with the 2nd question !!!! Changed the access point.

Post has been editedSerg737 - 17.06.11, 21:53
Reason for editing: solved the problem

Rep: (25)
Freemen123 @ 06/09/2011, 14:35*
Analysis of official firmware for Philips V816 razbor.rar.

Is it possible to another DOF?
He asks for money, downloads 40-50 kb / s for free

Rep: (0)
On the Philips website I was told that the updated firmware will be released in the 3rd quarter.

Rep: (1)
Alex-664 @ 06/24/2011, 08:23*
On the Philips website I was told that the updated firmware will be released in the 3rd quarter.

lucky, but I was ignorantly ignored.

Tell me where can I find firmware for Android?

Rep: (79)
Leo777 @ 06/25/2011, 00:31*
Tell me where can I find firmware for Android?

why look for what is not? more precisely, there is no normally working one.

Rep: (0)
Che, nothing works from under whists ... What officially offers Philips is not installed, I downloaded the program from the Microsoft website - it was installed, but the connection with the phone does not happen ..
Tomorrow at work I’ll try the good old XP.

Rep: (62)
The people and in all it is sewn very VERY long ...? Even the sewing reaches 7 percent, then the screen goes blank and the FIG will understand if it is there or not, and generally do not wait to wait! ?

figured out ... The glitchy card was ... I inserted another all the rules for 5 minutes and you're done!

Post has been editedPashkEn - 01.07.11, 13:33

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/15/19, 17:45