Yes. [ 337 ] ** [59,44%]
Not. [ 69 ] ** [12,17%]
Abstained. [ 50 ] ** [8,82%]
I do not play games. [ 111 ] ** [19,58%]
Total votes: 567

Rep: (47)
Acer Iconia TAB W500 / W501 - Discussion
Tablet | Windows 7 | AMD C-50 | screen 10.1 "
Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows 8-8.1 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Games for tablets on Intel Bay Trail пїЅ | Windows 7 пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance TabletPC owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Specifications
Tablet description

Briefly:
Market launch date: 2011

Operating system: Windows 7 (or x86 OS)
CPU: AMD C50 (or C60)
CPU frequency: 1000 MHz
Screen resolution: 1280 x 800
Built-in memory: 32 GB
Screen diagonal: 10.1"
RAM: 2GB (1.6 is available, as part is given to the video card)
Video card: AMD Radeon HD6250 (or AMD Radeon HD6290 in the C60 version; about 400mb)
And: wifi b / g / n, bluetooth 3.0, 2x1.3 mpCam, 2xUSB

P.S: The first plates were expensive, weighed a lot, worked on batteries is not enough - and also in the mature operating system. Because they were immediately shipped in a knockdown unexpectedly appeared netbooks. But these monsters and formed a first impression of the plates. When the first iPad was just announced, many wondered: MacBook waited half and got a big iPod touch. In the wake of the popularity of the new generation of tablets, some manufacturers have decided to revive the genre and started to produce devices on Windows 7. One representative of this kind - Acer Iconia Tab w500.
ZIKSUS overview
So, became the owner of the device - Acer Iconia w500 tablet computer with Windows 7 on AMD Bobcat.
http://static2.fileconnect.net/sites/defau...002-575x404.jpg
On board:
  • AMD C50 - dual-core x86 processor with a frequency of 1 GHz, (2x512 KByte cache L2)
  • Radeon HD 6250 (80 scalar processors at 280 MHz)
  • 2 GB DDR3 1066 MHz RAM
  • 32 GB SSD drive
  • Screen with a resolution of 1280x800
  • Bluetooth 3.0, WiFi, 2xUSB, HDMI, 2x 1.3 MP cameras, front and front.
  • Opening hours - 4-7 hours.

Stuck cool, for the price - quite sane. I took without a docking station.
I took the device as a lightweight and full-fledged laptop, which is convenient to climb on the Internet and play games. The performance of the processor and video system is enough for games of the Half-Life level 2 \ Doom 3 \ Kings Bounty \ Heroes 5 with an excess, and with active anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering.
Easy enough (not an iPad, of course, but still ...), it works very long on battery power - with an average screen brightness enough for two full surf nights on the Internet. Charging is very small, lightweight and combines the power supply with a plug, so it will not interfere with the bag. Heats up not too much - do not observe discomfort.
As for performance, then Windows 7 for such a tablet fits perfectly. Touch control is very convenient - the on-screen keyboard adjusts to the size you desire. Typing is also not labor.
For a long time I looked at the tablets and persuaded myself that I didn’t need these little-functional photo frames. But he did not restrain himself, and fell in front of a promising platform on AMD Bobcat - powerfully, quickly, economically, and even in a convenient form factor, carry with you anywhere :)

P.S. In terms of overall performance, it's like Nvidia ION, but the processor will still be faster than ATOM :)
If you have questions, ask, I will answer them with pleasure.

Review on the site www.thg.ru written by me :)
http://www.thg.ru/mobile/acer_iconia_tab_w...heta/index.html
Tablet video
FAQ-Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ on acer w500 / w501
Temporary optionfromvit_1959, while the FAQ is filling;)
Kernel load distribution in turbocore mode
Classification models W500
LE.L0803.043 - AMD Dual-Core C-50 WindowsВ® 7 Professional Processor - 4 usb, rj45, docking station
LE.L0703.001 - AMD Dual-Core C-50 WindowsВ® 7 Professional Processor - 2 usb, no rj45, no docking station
LE.L0602.053 - AMD Dual-Core C-50 WindowsВ® 7 Home Premium Processor - 4 usb, rj45, docking station
LE.RHC02.002 - AMD Dual-Core C-50 WindowsВ® 7 Home Premium Processor - 2 usb, no docking station
LE.RHC02.109 - AMD Dual-Core C-60 WindowsВ® 7 Home Premium Processor - 2 usb, no docking station
LE.RHC03.004 - AMD Dual-Core C-60 WindowsВ® 7 Professional Processor - 2 usb, no docking station
LE.RK602.035 - AMD Dual-Core C-50 WindowsВ® 7 Home Premium Processor - 4 usb, rj45, docking station
LE.RK602.076 - AMD Dual-Core C-60 WindowsВ® 7 Home Premium Processor - 4 usb, rj45, docking station
LE.RK603.014 - AMD Dual-Core C-60 WindowsВ® 7 Professional Processor - 4 usb, rj45, docking station
LE.L0602.071 - AMD Dual-Core C-60 WindowsВ® 7 Home Premium Processor - 4 usb, rj45, docking station
LE.L0603.007 - AMD Dual-Core C-60 WindowsВ® 7 Professional Processor - 4 usb, rj45, docking station
LE.L0903.001 - AMD Dual-Core C-50 WindowsВ® 7 Professional Processor - 4 usb, rj45, docking station
LE.RK502.049 - AMD Dual-Core C-50 WindowsВ® 7 Home Premium Processor - no rj45, no docking station
LE.RK502.058 - AMD Dual-Core C-60 WindowsВ® 7 Home Premium Processor - no rj45, no docking station

Info fromNecfe
useful links
Cap editing
Changed the cap, created several spoilers.
Started filling the FAQ
Software for Windows, optimized for touch screen -useful links
Another selection of software -useful links
Screen Keyboards -useful links
Optimize Windows 7 -useful links
Reinstalling Windows 7 -useful links
Installing Windows 8 -useful links
Install Windows XP -useful links
Installing Ubuntu 11.04 -useful links
Install Android 4.0 ICS -useful links
2 swipe keyboards -useful links
How to output BD-RIP 1080P video with 5.1 sound from a tablet to a TV -useful links
Kernel load distribution in turbocore mode -FAQ
Classification models W500 -FAQ
Links to drivers for Windows 8 -useful links
Another swipe keyboard -useful links
May 26, 2018 [17:13] -Reissue caps(new view) (Editing AndrewP_one)

Post has been editedstp101 - 17.01.19, 11:16
Reason for editing: What to do if Bios flew

Rep: (4)
Ilya_SA @ 25.04.19, 11:52*
Colleagues, please share links to the most optimal assembly 8.1 and 10 for our animal.

I put win10 32 from Microsoft. Almost all drivers are available in the distribution. Screen rotation - Sergeevalex program from this discussion. No problems there. Seven runs faster. EV seriynikom stickers with no problems.

Rep: (11)
* Ilya_SA If you want shustrog animal with normal tachem - look towards Linux. For longer Unfortunately AMD C-50, in my opinion, it is able to withstand Windu, for a seven does not work, Eight works well, but only when it is pure, not zasral what or services. A Hubuntu himself Ubuntu stands and works great. Just put out Linux 1.0.6 Kali, yes old, but it flies perfectly. But for simple user better Ubuntu and install Wine, which can run .exe (windy installation files)

Rep: (26)
* Fsystem, and Linux has a convenient and reliable client for RDP?

Posted 04/29/2019 11:17 AM:

Colleagues, prompt, in what could be the problem. I am trying to install Win10Prestigio Visconte Quad - Discussion (Post by volkodav1975 # 82640598)
All is fine, but I can not make it work modem (Huawei). The driver stood up, but write that the unit is stopped due to an error. And put the original and DriverPack. Modem toxno defective, 7 and 8, it works fine.
Where to dig?

Rep: (1326)
Fsystem @ 27.04.19, 23:57*
But for simple user better Ubuntu and install Wine, which can run .exe (windy installation files)

Issued to the post, as the move to Linux, many would be grateful;)

Rep: (6)
Guys, Hello, I decided to sell my friend w501 at a low price, but realized that simply forgot your password as you enter the Windows, please tell me whether you can somehow recover the password without the stick or reinstall Windu? docking station if no ... (((

Rep: (38)
* Skipper51 ,

There need, at a minimum, any usb keyboard

Reset password using built-in Administrator account (in Safe mode):

Changing the password by typing Net User:

- When loading / reboot your PC, press F8;
- Menu in Windows Advanced Options to select Safe Mode c command line support;
- Select a built-in Administrator account (by Administrator), which by default is not protected by a password (you can choose any account of any member of the Administrators group, the password that you know / or absent);
- Interpreter in the Command window after the prompt, enter net user, through a blank username, password separated by a space,<enter>пїЅ
Instead<Username>- the name of your local user account instead of a password - your new password.
- at the command prompt, type exit<enter>(Or just close the window);
- restart the PC.

aik79 @ 10.05.19, 06:45*
Skipper51,

There need, at a minimum, any usb keyboard

Reset password using built-in Administrator account (in Safe mode):

Changing the password by typing Net User:

- When loading / reboot your PC, press F8;
- Menu in Windows Advanced Options to select Safe Mode c command line support;
- Select a built-in Administrator account (by Administrator), which by default is not protected by a password (you can choose any account of any member of the Administrators group, the password that you know / or absent);
- Interpreter in the Command window after the prompt, enter net user, through a blank username, password separated by a space,<enter>пїЅ
Instead<Username>- the name of your local user account instead of a password - your new password.
- at the command prompt, type exit<enter>(Or just close the window);
- restart the PC.

The problem is that the keyboard begins to work when there is already loading vindous, and still I can not enter the bios to disable the quiet bios ...

Rep: (200)
Skipper51 @ 10.05.19, 13:47*
when there is already loading vindous, and still I can not enter the bios to disable the quiet bios ..
When restart vindovz becomes available entry in the BIOS of F2.

sergeevalex @ 10.05.19, 14:15*
When restart vindovz becomes available entry in the BIOS of F2.

I wrote that the keyboard only works when you enter your password, which I happily forgotten as a USB flash drive to unlock respectively I did not do ...

Guys, can someone give the link to the post or nose tyknut where you can download the distributive to stick to our small animal? but it did not go my password to remember ...

Rep: (38)
* Skipper51 Try several times to interrupt the boot process by long pressing the power button, is due to leave quit boot mode

Rep: (9)
The people, of course nekrotema, but still. Install android, and first run trouble free. And if you turn off and reloaded, then hangs on the Acer logo. What's the problem could be?

Rep: (468)
guys, I think, many faced with the fact that amd c-50/60 browser edge in win10 with no problems playing back video in YouTube 720r60 and 1080. Can anyone test edge work at 7? on a netbook is not yet possible to demolish the 10-ku, and the ancient Toshiba with the video chip x3100 alas - the effect of no avail
browser to download from this resourcehttps: //www.softpedia....s/Microsoft-Edge.shtml

PS:
In short bluntly put 8.1 with this guide
https: //remontcompa.ru...ndows-embedded-81.html
Downloading to update from the update center on ie11, I do not know what it is, so put it. Put on GPU driver Crimson (stable causes a memory leak, at least I). We put the last fayrfoks. S for viewing YouTube in 720r60, Mozilla for the rest of surfing. Windows 8.1 runs like clockwork.

Attached files

Attached fileMicrosoftEdgeSetupCanary.exe(1.53 MB)

Post has been editedalexiking - 25.05.19, 16:53
Reason for editing: Graduated from the selection of operating systems

Rep: (0)
* alexiking as the experience of Windows Embedded 8.1? It makes sense to switch to it?

* fox69,
There probably looking to compare and use for any purpose.
Faster win10 ltsc - significantly. Windows Embedded 7 - Do not install, can not compare. For me it was the aim to achieve performance as win7, that there was an opportunity to use as an office machine, without wanting to throw at the wall, as well as to achieve normal playback, YouTube, since it is often hang out at this dump. My goal has been achieved.
Embedded 8.1 itself is much smarter than the usual editions, due to recompile the kernel to install the terminals, offices and others of that ilk. The system consumes a mere 600MB of RAM in the area after optimization. The game starts, the rollers turns, office summer of 2007, on the internet surf the fox is given that I have to screw 1015bx killed. Now I reflect, stick to it and leave SSD at work but no steam or sell yes to upgrade to the netbook i3 i5 3rd generation, the benefit to Avito full proposals from 7k.

PS: for me the choice of this operating system rose for the reason that I do not accept the so-called "assembly" as something good and working.

Post has been editedalexiking - 26.05.19, 09:47

* alexiking Thank you for your reply! I as well as you need a tablet for office tasks. I put the top ten, but terrible brakes. I had to go back to seven. That looked after something to replace it. Regarding assemblies: Those who simply integrated updates are not completely even bad. But all sorts of light, where it is cut down. Sooner or later all the same climbs problems.

smoked forum campaign tried in vain, because the matter is in the GPU drivers, which disabled hardware acceleration. As a result, a change in the driver version 14.12 and the inclusion of expansion in h264-ify browsers solves the problem of playing videos.

* alexiking
Thanks for the tip. Vomerku put on your link. Everything is great. It works just as smartly as seven.
To operate a Device Control screen and spun. Video driver should be put to the acer website which goes to seven. But only the driver. A Catalyst is necessary to download the latest installation and remove the checkbox with the display driver. The result of all the work. Screen spinning. Device Control does not crash with an error. I put firefox with all additions and bookmarks on the computer. Surprisingly quite tolerably it works. Vis a dozen pages and even to the end not progruzhat.
In general, I was pleased. And that was about to get rid of this device.

Rep: (104)
Windows 10 + Android 7.1.1 for W501
Got my hands on this tablet from the familiar with a request to "do something with this brake" for business and pleasure for children. Initially, there was Windows 7, and I would not say that the "filthy", tried poserfit browser and do not really comfortable juzat, but the deal did not and decided to make their own way. And since IMHO Windows 7 - the RIP, and Windows 8 - EVIL, I decided to install Windows 10 and LTSB Phoenis OS based on Android 7.1.1. Now the tablet has two operating systems. In Windows installed all you need for work, office, codecs, etc. The Phoenix are the Play Store, Ruth and multimedia. Free memory ~ 8Gb / ~ 6Gb respectively (this is based on an already established all the necessary basic software). For additional software and applications should be enough for personal files and other things put the SD card. It will be visible in Windows and Android. Phoenis OS stands on a separate ext4 partition. Reboot into Android from within Windows or when the tablet is turned on (will be available touch input). From myself I will say that everything is working pretty good and more bright than it was. Android also works tolerably well, though time to complete his test was not, it was necessary to give the owners a trip, only Bluetooth is not working, so I advise him not to include it to the error drizzled. That he's decided to share with you the way SSD. Backup Acronis True Image 2014.

For installation, we need:
1. Bootable flash drive with Acronis True Image (if there is a large flash drive, you can try to throw the image onto a flash drive with Acronis True Image instead of the second flash drive with the backup image)
2. A flash drive or USB HDD with a Windows + Android image
3. USB mouse and keyboard
4. USB x4 hub

Installation Procedure:
1. Connect the USB hub and all our USB devices to the tablet
2. If Windows 7 is installed, then turn on the tablet and press F12, if Windows 8 and higher, turn on the tablet and as soon as Windows starts running, hold the power button until the tablet goes down, then turn it on and press F12
3. Select bootable USB with Acronis True Image and boot from it
4. In Acronis True Image, click Recover Disk
5. Select the iconiaTabW501_full_b1_s1_v1.tib image
6. Specify the SSD of the tablet, where we will deploy backup
7. Restore, disable the hub and reboot

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Download image -YaDisk