Yes. [ 328 ] ** [59,64%]
Not. [ 66 ] ** [12%]
Abstained. [ 49 ] ** [8,91%]
I do not play games. [ 107 ] ** [19,45%]
Total votes: 550

Rep: (47)
Acer Iconia TAB W500 / W501 - Discussion
Tablet | Windows 7 | AMD C-50 | screen 10.1 "
Windows 10 � | Windows 8-8.1 � | Windows RT and software � | Games for tablets on Intel Bay Trail � | Windows 7 � | Ubuntu linux � | Change the operating system � | Search programs � | Antivirus � | Ambulance TabletPC owners � | IT smoker � | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Specifications
Tablet description

Briefly:
Market launch date: 2011

Operating system: Windows 7 (or x86 OS)
CPU: AMD C50 (or C60)
CPU frequency: 1000 MHz
Screen resolution: 1280 x 800
Built-in memory: 32 GB
Screen diagonal: 10.1"
RAM: 2GB (1.6 is available, as part is given to the video card)
Video card: AMD Radeon HD6250 (or AMD Radeon HD6290 in the C60 version; about 400mb)
And: wifi b / g / n, bluetooth 3.0, 2x1.3 mpCam, 2xUSB

P.S: The first tablets were expensive, weighed a lot, they didn’t work on battery power - and besides, on an adult OS. Therefore, they were immediately knocked down by unexpectedly appearing netbooks. But it was these monsters that formed the first idea of ​​tablets. When the first iPad was just announced, many were perplexed: they were waiting for the halves of the MacBook, but got a big iPod touch. In the wake of the popularity of next-generation tablets, some manufacturers decided to revive the genre and started releasing devices on Windows 7. One of the representatives of this type is Acer Iconia Tab w500.
ZIKSUS overview
So, became the owner of the device - Acer Iconia w500 tablet computer with Windows 7 on AMD Bobcat.
http://static2.fileconnect.net/sites/defau...002-575x404.jpg
On board:
  • AMD C50 - dual-core x86 processor with a frequency of 1 GHz, (2x512 KByte cache L2)
  • Radeon HD 6250 (80 scalar processors at 280 MHz)
  • 2 GB DDR3 1066 MHz RAM
  • 32 GB SSD drive
  • Screen with a resolution of 1280x800
  • Bluetooth 3.0, WiFi, 2xUSB, HDMI, 2x 1.3 MP cameras, front and front.
  • Opening hours - 4-7 hours.

Stuck cool, for the price - quite sane. I took without a docking station.
I took the device as a lightweight and full-fledged laptop, which is convenient to climb on the Internet and play games. The performance of the processor and video system is enough for games of the Half-Life level 2 \ Doom 3 \ Kings Bounty \ Heroes 5 with an excess, and with active anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering.
Easy enough (not an iPad, of course, but still ...), it works very long on battery power - with an average screen brightness enough for two full surf nights on the Internet. Charging is very small, lightweight and combines the power supply with a plug, so it will not interfere with the bag. Heats up not too much - do not observe discomfort.
As for performance, then Windows 7 for such a tablet fits perfectly. Touch control is very convenient - the on-screen keyboard adjusts to the size you desire. Typing is also not labor.
For a long time I looked at the tablets and persuaded myself that I didn’t need these little-functional photo frames. But he did not restrain himself, and fell in front of a promising platform on AMD Bobcat - powerfully, quickly, economically, and even in a convenient form factor, carry with you anywhere :)

P.S. In terms of overall performance, it's like Nvidia ION, but the processor will still be faster than ATOM :)
If you have questions, ask, I will answer them with pleasure.

Review on the site www.thg.ru written by me :)
http://www.thg.ru/mobile/acer_iconia_tab_w...heta/index.html
Tablet video
FAQ-Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ on acer w500 / w501
Temporary optionfromvit_1959, while the FAQ is filling;)
Kernel load distribution in turbocore mode
Classification models W500
LE.L0803.043 - AMD Dual-Core C-50 Windows® 7 Professional Processor - 4 usb, rj45, docking station
LE.L0703.001 - AMD Dual-Core C-50 Windows® 7 Professional Processor - 2 usb, no rj45, no docking station
LE.L0602.053 - AMD Dual-Core C-50 Windows® 7 Home Premium Processor - 4 usb, rj45, docking station
LE.RHC02.002 - AMD Dual-Core C-50 Windows® 7 Home Premium Processor - 2 usb, no docking station
LE.RHC02.109 - AMD Dual-Core C-60 Windows® 7 Home Premium Processor - 2 usb, no docking station
LE.RHC03.004 - AMD Dual-Core C-60 Windows® 7 Professional Processor - 2 usb, no docking station
LE.RK602.035 - AMD Dual-Core C-50 Windows® 7 Home Premium Processor - 4 usb, rj45, docking station
LE.RK602.076 - AMD Dual-Core C-60 Windows® 7 Home Premium Processor - 4 usb, rj45, docking station
LE.RK603.014 - AMD Dual-Core C-60 Windows® 7 Professional Processor - 4 usb, rj45, docking station
LE.L0602.071 - AMD Dual-Core C-60 Windows® 7 Home Premium Processor - 4 usb, rj45, docking station
LE.L0603.007 - AMD Dual-Core C-60 Windows® 7 Professional Processor - 4 usb, rj45, docking station
LE.L0903.001 - AMD Dual-Core C-50 Windows® 7 Professional Processor - 4 usb, rj45, docking station
LE.RK502.049 - AMD Dual-Core C-50 Windows® 7 Home Premium Processor - no rj45, no docking station
LE.RK502.058 - AMD Dual-Core C-60 Windows® 7 Home Premium Processor - no rj45, no docking station

Info fromNecfe
useful links
Cap editing
Changed the cap, created several spoilers.
Started filling the FAQ
Software for Windows, optimized for touch screen -useful links
Another selection of software -useful links
Screen Keyboards -useful links
Optimize Windows 7 -useful links
Reinstalling Windows 7 -useful links
Installing Windows 8 -useful links
Install Windows XP -useful links
Installing Ubuntu 11.04 -useful links
Install Android 4.0 ICS -useful links
2 swipe keyboards -useful links
How to output BD-RIP 1080P video with 5.1 sound from a tablet to a TV -useful links
Kernel load distribution in turbocore mode -FAQ
Classification models W500 -FAQ
Links to drivers for Windows 8 -useful links
Another swipe keyboard -useful links
May 26, 2018 [17:13] -Reissue caps(new view) (Editing AndrewP_one)

Post has been editedstp101 - 17.01.19, 11:16
Reason for editing: What to do if Bios flew

Rep: (4)
Also I am the owner of the same device, I bought in the Czech Republic. I wanted it with a docking station, so I had to take it with a professional version of Windows (there was no home premium with a docking station). I have already had this tablet for about 3 weeks. It works smartly, the only thing that sucks works is Skype. The microphone is not very loud and when you turn on the cameras on both sides, everything starts to noticeably slow down. When the camera works only on one side, everything is fine.
By the way, when I read reviews - everywhere they wrote about the poor quality of communication with wi-fi. I didn’t notice anything like that - the connection works the same as on my Samsung Spica - it suits me.

Post has been editedwDw - 08.06.11, 09:38

I agree on the WiFi account - it works excellently - connected to two different access points, no complaints.

Rep: (111)
What an interesting piece of iron. And I just got a netbook: angry:

A couple of questions: Do you happen to know exactly how many milliampere-hours does the battery have?
How do you like the dock? Hd video trying to watch?

Post has been editedDimsml - 08.06.11, 21:14

Battery - 36Wh, but not removable
The docking station is a keyboard, actually two usb ports (but not in addition to the existing ones, but instead of them, because those on the device there is no way to use the docking station) and Ethernet. Therefore, the docking station to call it - the language does not turn, ext. acc. not.
HD did not try - I'm not fond of :) I have enough of the usual. If there is any thread a small movie in xd - give a link - we'll see. But according to tests on the internet, if I remember correctly, 1080p was slow, the rest went fine.

Rep: (132)
WDw @ 06/09/2011, 08:24*
If there is any thread a small movie in xd - give a link - we'll see

on YouTube you can, of course, not the same bitrate, but you can test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSGBVzeBUbk
(do not forget to change the resolution in the drop-down menu)

Tested on this video from Samsunghttp://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/redirect...ck_contrast.rar- the brakes were not noticed in the statistics of the media player 10 discarded frames (6 were from the very beginning), sync offset avg: -7 ms, dev: 5ms
Another hdtv rip 1080 is downloading now - I'll check on it. Is there any benchmark not to watch the video completely or only visually?

dedmozai - now I will try to look

Rep: (10)
I'm interested in games, is it convenient to play on it?

dedmozai, the video from YouTube at 1080p slowed down very noticeably, and at 720p it went without any brakes at all.
I also downloaded the cartoon Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 23.98fps [Video] Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz stereo [Audio] - there are no brakes at all, only 8 frames dropped from the very beginning.

termoyader, what games are meant? in angry bird - it’s great to play like on an iphone. The screen is scaled with two fingers, the birds fly at the touch of a finger. If you mean the brakes on serious games, then I didn’t try - I took the machine more to work, so there is no desire to play it. In standard games, fingers are convenient to control.

Posted on 06/09/2011, 09:11:

By the way, I noticed a jamb (probably Windows) - when the device is disconnected from the cradle, mouse and charging - sometimes (extremely rarely) the cursor runs into the right-bottom corner of the screen and is constantly pressed without my participation, as soon as I connect the cradle / mouse - everything is fine. I have not yet determined what it is connected with. I did not find anything on Google on this issue.
ZIKSUS, Do you have such a glitch?

I meant the games indicated in the header. Does the AMD processor instantly support? And anyway, what other wasps will go to something other than window leaves?

Rep: (46)
Yesterday we bought this device as a gift.
I managed to poyuzat a couple of hours.
There was a feeling that the processor is not 2 cores, but one.
Everything was very slow when the system was updated in the background.
In the built-in test of vin7, the estimates were confused - everything is at a good level, except for the processor.
He is too far behind.
The drivers on the Acer website are all from March, on the AMD website took a new driver for the system / video.

I didn’t understand why sometimes the virtual keyboard gets out a big brake one (the delay in its appearance is about a second or two, which is also annoying), and sometimes it’s small and fast.

Put the Opera - it does not work scrolling the page with your finger.
The screen is normal, but pixel bars are clearly visible, this is not in the iPad.

I think it is necessary to somehow optimize Windows for this percent. Share your tips.

PS. while he wrote so, there was not enough time to get to know each other.

termoyader , although kill did not find in the header topics with games, except Touch-optimized Windows software - in it the already mentioned angry birds, world of goo - I’m sure will do the same. I didn’t install other OSs - I don’t know, although the manual says how to boot from an external drive.

4epBb , you can use your fingers to scroll in firefox, in chrome - my finger scrolling does not work, I haven’t tried it.
about the brakes, can look at the energy-saving settings - although the keyboard always leaves me quickly in any standard mode. I feel the brakes, as I already wrote only on Skype with two cameras.

M

Post has been editedkomok1965 - 09.06.11, 09:58
Reason for editing: [B] code, link

WDw @ 06/09/2011, 09:50*
4epBb

The AMD c50 is a very fast processor, despite its clock speed. I don’t know what embarrassed you - personally, I don’t notice absolutely no brakes - in Windows 7 it works just as fast with files and regular office applications as my BB with Core i7 on board.
The only condition is not to start at once one stop of applications, otherwise the device will naturally be loaded to failure. Regarding optimization - do not require the impossible from 1 GHz baby. Put Windows 7 Home and do not try to clog it with Photoshop, 3Dmaks and other heavy software. Not for this he.

It's strange that your keyboard slows down. Look at the energy saving mode, for sure you have the "Energy Saving" mode active - then the W500 will really slow down. By the way - immediately delete the preinstalled Windows. There's too much bullshit from Acer. She's probably your w500 and slows down.

As for the cursor - no, there were no such jambs. I read in the comments that the problem is not rare, but, thank God, I did not come across it.

By the way, I forgot to note that the built-in audio system is Dolby Digital. The sound from the speakers is simply awesome - I've never heard anything like it before (given the size of the device).

termoyader

Games run fine. For verification, I also put Gears of War on Unreal Engine 3 - nothing like that, on medium ones - it goes quite briskly. However, I remember him at the first Nvidia Ion passed. As for the convenience of management, then naturally only strategies are suitable. It’s very convenient to control your fingers in Heroes of Might and Magic 5 and in Kings Bounty.

Post has been editedZIKSUS - 09.06.11, 10:09

Dimsml @ 06/08/2011, 21:06*
We tried to watch HD videos

Yes, I tried - 1920x1080, Avatar movie. With K-Lite codecs and a WM classic player - everything is very smooth, the processor does not load absolutely - the video is decoded by the integrated video core.

What about yusby? 1 slot? And is there physical clav for him?

Termoyader @ 06/09/2011, 10:14*
What about yusby? 1 slot? And is there physical clav for him?

You read the cap poorly;) The device has 2 USB ports, both from the bottom. + two on the docking station. but they overlap the two lower ports that are on the bottom of the W500. You can connect any keyboard, but without a dock it will still be difficult to do this - the w500 is difficult to lean on at least for something - the slippery cover and USB ports that can be occupied by the installed keyboard interfere with it, in which case the wire will interfere.

Rep: (46)
ZIKSUS @ 06/09/2011, 11:06*
By the way, I forgot to note that the built-in audio system is Dolby Digital. The sound from the speakers is simply awesome - I've never heard anything like it before (given the size of the device).

In this I completely agree, he also prifigel.

Regarding the reinstallation of Windows.
The kit includes litsuha, and if you rearrange another distribution kit, then there will already be discomfort in the shower))
Can it just clean the one in the kit?

4epBb @ 06/09/2011, 10:49*
Regarding the reinstallation of Windows. There is litsuha in the kit, and if you rearrange another distribution kit, then there will already be discomfort in the soul)) Can it just clean the one that is in the kit?

Try :) But it was easier for me to install "my" Windows - what difference does it cost - factory or downloaded, you can still enter the key to your license and get a licensed pirate :) You don’t install Ultimate, but Windows 7 Home Premium for which I paid. After all, you buy exactly the key for Windows, and not the distribution kit (which, by the way, can be downloaded and used - because it involves a 30-day trial).

Post has been editedZIKSUS - 09.06.11, 11:22

Rep: (132)
WDw @ 06/09/2011, 10:11*
dedmozai, the video from the YouTube at 1080p slowed down very much, but at 720p it went without any brakes at all. I also downloaded the cartoon Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 23.98fps [Video] Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz stereo [Audio] - brakes in general no, only from the very beginning 8 frames fell out.

basically obvious
all the same, it depends on the bitrate, on YouTube the bitrate is lower but it's a flash (with its bugs)
I also sometimes use, so to speak, an offline test drive, a 2min movie (shuttle take-off, I can’t find something on the roottrack now) 600mb (40mbit / s bitrate), the load is not weak
Termoyader @ 06/09/2011, 10:30*
I meant the games indicated in the header. Does the AMD processor instantly support? And anyway, what other wasps will go to something other than window leaves?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6250.40958.0.html
From OS everything except OSX and mobile OS

ZIKSUS, by the way, I did not reinstall Windows - I use it with all Acer applications.
Regarding the cursor - I killed AcerVCM.exe in the manager (some kind of assistant for video conferences), while the cursor is all right.
By the way, the videos looked at MPHC.

Rep: (22)
it is not convenient to poke a finger into Windows ... for example, the key of minimizing the unfolding and closing the window ... they are too small and too close you can instead poke the window with the close button ...
so we are waiting for the figure eight ...

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/18/19, 10:11 PM