> Attention!

Attention!All questions not related to the discussion of programs, please ask in the subject.Ambulance for beginners!.

IN THIS SECTION ONLY THE PROGRAM CATALOG! CREATING THOSE QUESTIONS IS FORBIDDEN!PROGRAM SEARCH ISHERE.

First install programs | help for beginners

Rep: (1127)
Theme for beginners who have no experience with Windows Mobile

Here experienced forum users offer you the most important, from their point of view (do not forget about it) applications for a beginner.
You can rely on their experience, you can find something you need, or you can just browse.
Also here you can find interesting:First steps with PDA-personal experience (by romchk)
List of recommendations
The best and most optimal, in my opinion, list is fromMadfile here
The old list (but nevertheless, current) fromButt - here and its additions from runetlov - here
Next, my option ishere
And then the lists of programs from our gurus. It is advisable to install them after you have dealt with the PDA:
From slimest
From tourus
From akamanah
From gegabit
From MysteВ®y
From sky_angel
From BobCoRn

Recommendation for gurus:
- Make lists, focusing on beginners. For a simple listing of all your prog there is this topic:List of all your programs in the PDA. Census..
- Supply your programs with links to topics with them.

Post has been editedwandererbk - 16.07.10, 14:11

Rep: (10)
I decided to create this theme for those who recently bought a PDA and help them with the choice of software.

1.0. Loncher and task managers
1.1 SPB Pocket Plus
1.2 WisBar Advance

2.0 Task Managers, Affairs, Notes
2.1 Pocket informant
2.2 Agenda fusion

3.0 Desktop Plugins
3.1 WisBar Advance Desktop
3.2 SPB Weather

4.0 Utilities
4.1 Tweaks 2K2 .net
4.2 SK Tools

5.0 File Explorers
5.1 Resco File Explorer

6.0 Multimedia
6.1 TCPMP
6.2 Gsplayer

Post has been editedKikujiro_SPb - 24.10.12, 22:14

Rep: (0)
Ra, it would be good to add the following!
for work in a network and the Internet

E-mail: WebIS Mail , QMail3, ProfiMail

Browser: Netfront , Opera

FTP client: GetIt FTP

Downloads : WinMobile Download Accelerator , EzDownload , Handyget

News reader: Qusnetsoft NewsReader , AvantGo

RSS reader: PocketRSS, Egress

IRC client:
wmIRC

Work with Wi-Fi: WiFiFofum

VoIP: Skype

P.S Now it’s not a big addition list, but later I’ll release myself.

Rep: (1127)
What I put, being a newbie:
dciBalance- to view the balance.
TodayPlayerandCoreplayer- for multimedia.
Resco Photo Manager- for pictures.
Then it went more seriously: D:
Dict- dictionaries.
AlReader2andHaalireader- reading room.
Resco File Explorer- file manager, registry and other trifles.
QIP PDA- for ICQ (although I use Java more as a client).
TVList - Kulichki- too lazy to look for the program)
HomeScreen PlusPlus- Overclocking the processor and informatorium.
Memmaid- tweaker system.

Rep: (1700)
My first install program.

Installed in main memory:

DCIbattery
Gyrator2
Bartwell StartLauncher
Coreplayer
Opera (currently version 10)
PIGEON!
Resco explorer
Total commander
Sktools
VGAkey
AI Roboform
Resco Photo Viewer
Inesoft Phone
Thumbcal

These are mandatory programs that are necessarily placed in the main memory. They are more fun and bezglyuchny in it.

The following is always installed on the expansion card:
AlReader (just not discussed)
LiteNote
Mynote
Navigation software of choice (my choice is Navitel and iGo)
Easybash
Yandex Metro

Basically everything. I use firmware, in which the author already inserts some of the necessary settings and programs, so I have something easier. The remaining installations are modifications, tweaks and programs to taste. I do not think that they are intersns to someone other than me.

Rep: (51)
My first installation list, because from the list in the first post I don’t use anything :)
There was before mitac mio a701 ... Now HTC HD2. This kit is always my standard for installation. Almost everything is quietly put on the memory card so as not to clog the main one.
I didn’t include the office in this list; they are usually embedded in off-firmware.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.0. Thuds
1.1 TouchFLO | Manila for all little animals
We set and enjoy. Intuitive interface. Insert shortcuts, etc. for faster access to them.

1.2 And if the animal is weak or you want to extend the battery life - do not put decorators, so that the memory and battery do not eat, and do not lag. You can decorate plug-in plug-ins from programs like Navitel or inesoft phone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.0 Managers of tasks, affairs, notes + explorer.
2.1 Resco File Explorer
(This program includes a convenient and fast explorer ... You can also integrate the registry editor into it (you can download it directly in the program in the tab: plugins. In general, I advise :) Many use it.).

3.0 Weather
3.1 Sky weather
(The usual convenient program for viewing the weather forecast. The forecast for 3 days. It shows the temperature, wind and pressure.) And more than three days and do not need, because meteorologists and tomorrow they can not guess the weather :)).

4.0 Utilities
4.1 Memmaid
(A good utility for cleaning PDAs and other settings.).

4.2 cleanRAM
(a program that clears the RAM - some programs are not completely unloaded from memory upon exit. This program kills hung processes, etc. - read the topic).
If the Memmaid program is installed, this one is no longer relevant, since Memmaid already has a memory cleanup feature.

5.0 Multimedia
5.1 Coreplayer
(Famous Player) Supports many music and video formats.

6. Communication
6.1 PIGEON! Modern ICQ
(An excellent analog icq for PDAs. A nice customizable interface.).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7. contact manager
7.1 (put in the main memory)Inesoft Phone 5 & 6
(Here, as they say: taste and color. Convenient contact manager (dialer, call history, sms templates and much more. There is a convenient plug-in for the screen of those).

8. Browser
8.1 Opera Mobile 10
(No comments are needed here :) The well-known browser is Opera 10. Also version 9.7 is good. And who wants to - can put Opera mini. It is faster, but it displays some pages poorly. ).

9. .NET Compact Framework
(This is a set of libraries. Some applications will not start without it. For some reason, some people disdain to install it. I always put it. It is successfully put on the memory card.).

10. GPS navigation
10.1 Navitel Navigator - [WinMobile]
My opinion - the best navigator of all. Able to display traffic jams (although the service is far from perfect). There are a lot of settings. Look at the topic about him. I advise everyone.

Post has been editeddmand - 27.05.11, 15:01
Reason for editing: +1 from laizan2

Rep: (231)
Well, look at my set
1)Ucweb
Undoubtedly the best browser for VM.
As an alternative :Opera Mini for WM

2) ICQ client: A)QIP PDA
B)PIGEON
3) The best tweaker and sweeper:
Sktools
4) Keyboard:
BUT)Vgakey
B)Mshkeyboard
5) for music / video:Coreplayer
6) File Manager:Resco File Explorer
7) For navigation:Navitel Navigator - [WinMobile]
8) to read:AlReader2
9) Office set:Softmaker Office 2008
10) Weather:Touch Weather Free / Pro
11) For the telephone part: A)Iconsoft Phone Extension - PhonEx
B)Inesoft
12) Backup:Sprite Backup Premium
14) Task Manager:
BUT)ASM
B) CeleTask
In short, the main thing here is to know where to get hold of the varese and everything will be a bunch)))

Post has been editedakamanah - 10.07.10, 01:08

Rep: (87)
IPAQ 2750, firmware 6.1 fromMforward
My list, everything is on the card:
1. WkTASKLauncher. Came along with the firmware. archiudic if read and understand. Used to standiLauncer
2. Total commanderFile manager. I use my older brother, I got used to it.
3. Haali reader - book reader.
4. Opera- Excellent, fast, feature-rich browser. If you get used to ...
5. Sunnysoft backup managerExcellent backup on the card of everything that is on the PDA. Of the benefits - creating an exe file for self-extracting. With a sudden hard reset, just poked 2 times on the file, everything returned after a reboot.
6. Pigeon- ICQ for PDAs.
7. Birthday pro- A great thing to display holidays on the road. Dictionaries and everything in the subject.
8. dciBattery- strip of battery charge on top. I'm used to the same strip from ilauncher'a
9. Metromap- Metro scheme. If the card is not at hand, but you have to look.
10. TCPMP- Player with a set of codecs. Shows and plays everything. Not changed since the purchase of the PDA.
11. Autosputnik- I make autonavigation within my means. I rarely use it, but it always helps.

Post has been editedgegabit - 01.06.10, 13:25

Rep: (27)
1) inesoft
2) resco explorer
3) activekitten chronos - alarm clock, stopwatch, etc.
4) alreader
5) resco photo manager
6) core player (built into the firmware instead of WMP)
7) tcpmp
8) 2gis (instead of navigation)
9) opera 10 (do not put the default browser)
10) wktask
11) pigeon
12) swype and phonetype - keyboard
13) batti - battery charge bar
14) ION - gprs settings for the great three operators, found somewhere a long time ago
15) nueMassStorage
16) vito ringtone editor
17) s2p - player like an iPhone player

recently
qiwi - payment system (the same as in terminals)
s2u2 - previously clashed with Chronos, but the new version is not
iphonetoday - launcher

Rep: (1083)
The very first is a screen lock.
Pocket shield .
If you need it easier, thenLockMeLite .

The second most important thing is profiles (setting up sound, melodies, etc.), as on all mobile phones
Phone weaver

Everything else will come by itself with experience. ICQ, dialers, launchers, taskmanagers, guides ... For the first time (for the first 1-3 days of kmk), only the previous two positions are needed.
Then it will start to miss the standard of Windows and it started .......

Caller:Iconsoft phones
Registry Explorer and Registry Editor:Resco explorer
Taskmanager:AProcessViewer
Launcher programs (if you do not put any shell yet):Panoramic launchpad
Calculator:Panoramic Calc Pro
Asyku:QIP PDA (I hate kip, but on kmk this is the only smooth-running program for icq + beeline)

Well, already suffered further ....
Shell + Alarm:SPB mobile shell + SPB Time
Bluetooth:Smart file acceptor
Backup:SPB backup
Keyboard:Resco keyboard Pro
System reboot:Touchoff
SMS killer (what kind of idiot made the report come in the form of a new SMS?):SMS reports eraser - The only way to see that the SMS has reached, but to receive reports in the background.
Convenient manual backlight adjustment:MVBKlight

Then it was already advanced at all ...
Since I create some skins for the programs, I need a snapshot from the screen in the binding.
Chose from all the progPocketscreen .

Further more.
System combineSK tools
Beginners have nothing to do there, because it is not clear that 90% of what is in it and you can ruin everything ..

Etc....

ps who is interested in something written, highlight the program, copy and paste into the search ... at least here, even in Yandex ...

Post has been editedMadfile - 17.06.10, 23:37

Rep: (9)
my programs:

in main memory

total commander
phone weaver profiles
spb keyboard - keyboard
Clear temp - cleaning
Clear RAM - cleaning
MagiCall - block unwanted calls
Spb time - alarm clock
SFA - a piece for bluetooth))

on the memory card:

mail agent - chat
qip pda - ICQ
opera mini 5 - browser
foxit reader - pdf file viewer
alreader - for books
pocket download - file download
spb backup - backup))
core player

Well, the game is right there)

Post has been editedSky_angel - 21.06.10, 16:24

Rep: (21)
So I play this trick for several months, which means a beginner.
In this way, and not without the help of this resource (kowtow!), During this small time, my old man settled down

In memory of the device - Resco Keyboard v5.2_rus (this is a necessity)

The rest of the flash drive:

1. SKtools 4.4.7.14 - (As without hands without it. We put first and then back up the system)
2. Touch-shell - (I was not sure that I would take root, but temporary was the most permanent)
3. ProfiMail_3.26 - (very pleasant development)
4. Opera mini 5 - (well, this is all by default)
5. isq10231 - (directly from the site, no hassle)
6. FastCleanup - (something like cleans. It seems to be even correct)
7. Total Commander - (traditions must be observed! .Exe)
8. Skype - (I write more from it, I have a voice with grunts, even though I have 3G Internet via bluetooth)
9. Documents_to_go_v.3.00 - (like, version. Exe)
10. FileCommander_1_1 - (.exe costs, but there is no sense in it now)
11. CorePlayer 1.3.6 - (optional)

It seems to be all for today ...
Glad if this will help someone to navigate.

Rep: (15)
Opera Mobile 10
PIGEON!
SpbWirelessMonitor - Internet traffic
wifimonster - wifi networks overview
WMWifiRouter - kmk as a wifi router
FingerSuite rus - finger oriented menu
psshutxp - on the Power button a window with a choice of actions (reboot / shutdown / off screen ...)
Pocket rar
Resco Photo Manager
Resco.Contact.Manager
RescoExplorer
Coreplayer
PocketMind - music player, I rarely use, it is the default for audio files
Navitel Navigator
pVector Surgut - city guide
G-Alarm - a great alarm clock, convenient to carry the alarm clock 3 minutes ahead))
AlReader
Kaybi - Calculator
ThumbCal - convenient calendar
Diamond_Tweak_ppc - Tweaker
MemMaid - tweaker, sweeper
htcAddicts - - cleanRAM - cleaning the RAM
TouchResponse - vibration on the touch screen
nueDynamicClock - changing the frequency of the processor (without overclocking) I lower to save battery, for example, when the screen goes out.
AE Button Plus - zavindil menu to hold the volume buttons
Dynamic - Operator Name - balance instead of operator
G-Trigger - actions on gestures, leafing through songs)) works with a standard manila player
PhoneSnooze .NET - disable timer functions of the phone (disable from 23 to 7)
the list is incomplete and constantly changing

Rep: (86)
So, I will bring my 5 kopecks.
Device ->ETEN Glofiish M750 (!). Axis WinMobile 6.5 (Stitched and alas, without the possibility of returning back).

I will start in order with the most important (for me):

1. Resco explorer(+ Today plugin; + Registry Editor) - File manager.
2. PREI wirless manager 2.0 - Updated wireless connection manager, spec. for Glofiish'ey.
3. OperaMini WM (Not JAVA version) - Very convenient browser (especially pleased with the function OperaLink)
4. Pocket Music + AAC plugin - Audio player (+ built-in alarm clock).
5. Coreplayer- Video player. Very comfortable. Flexible in settings.
6. ClearTemp - Cleaning the system.
7. Pigeon - finger oriented ICQ client. Convenient, because I do not use smiles.
8. WM5storage - to connect the KVM to the BB as a flash-carrier.
9. Navitel Navigator 3 - A great navigator for today.
10. AndroidLock - Visually changed screen lock feature.
11. Theme for WM6.5.

Also, the Titanium plugin is removed - it eats a lot of memory and is not very convenient.

On the Today screen:
1. Date.
2. Resco Todey Plugin.
3. Tasks.
4. Meetings.

In memory busy:
ROM - 20MB of 194MB available.
RAM - ~ 29MB of 50MB available.

OperaMini, PocketMusic (or CorePlyaer), Resco Explorer can work simultaneously.

The device works without tupnyakov.
For owners of this device with WM 6.5 installed -recommend.

Rep: (48)
Well, I'll try and make a list of recommendations or something ...
Device - HTC Diamond. In principle, I have been using Windows Mobile for a long time, there were many, both smartphones and communicators. The list of software, however, has hardly changed for a long time.

I will start in order, with the most necessary and important (and with explanations).

1. Resco Explorer with Registry Explorer plugin . Here, I think, is clear without explanation, musthave.
2. Sktools - powerful and necessary set of system utilities. I think everyone understands that at least such things as services and autoload for Windows require configuration on any device.
3. Advanced Configuration Tool + Diamond tweak - a set of software specifically for Diamond and (possibly) subsequent, but very necessary for the configuration of most of the features of the device.
For the most part, the programs repeat the functionality of each other, however, the ability to switch the menu to the "4 icons in a row" mode, which I find useful for a VGA device, is available only in the second one. In the first, the possibilities for setting up the device wheel (SmartTouch) are also useful, because manually creating registry keys for all necessary programs doesn’t seem to be convenient.

4. Opera Mini & Opera 10 . Browsers that do not need advertising. Why use both - under the spoiler.
Opera Mini in Java version, appeared not so long ago, and while it is not very stable. Undoubtedly, in version 5.1, relative to beta and 5.0, quite a lot of bugs were fixed with the display of sites, but nonetheless. If you use Yandex timetables, for example, then switch to the full version, they will not work in the mini-opera. And there are a lot of similar bugs. Therefore, for all that is not buggy, I use the Mini. For the rest is complete.

5. Pigeon . Modern, stable ICQ. Differs in adequate power consumption.
6. QIP PDA . Analogue tabletop queue. From Pigeon differs voracity in terms of memory and battery.
7. Mail.ru Agent . Client mail.ru services, and a convenient client for sending free SMS, with a web contact list. Necessary thing.
In principle, there is a sufficient number of alternative free sms-web clients, but I prefer this, because it is very stable. To have the same client with the ability to send SMS via the Internet is necessary. If there is not enough money in the account, it is impossible to deposit them for some reason, sending such ones may be salvation. As a rule, if the account has more than 50 kopecks, open the session will still be released.

8. Coreplayer . Omnivorous player, not much in need of advertising.
9. PocketRAR , for working with archives of Rar and Zip formats. Recently, also appeared 7-zip explorer Which can work with the 7-zip format and some others. In principle, it is not necessary to have, the chances of unexpectedly hitting the 7-zip archive from the device are still quite small.
10. Autosputnik . Navigation. Not the best, and not the most convenient, but familiar.
11. Yandex maps . Online navigation. After they became free for megaphone and MTS, it is basically useful, especially if you find yourself in a certain region unexpectedly, without having a map for the main navigator.

From MustHave for everyone, perhaps, everything. But I can not fail to mention one more thing from useful software.

1. TrainTable. The local schedule of trains. There are ready files for the main directions of Moscow and St. Petersburg.
2. Gmail client (java). Client for google mail holders. Alas, on the non Java version, they will not be honored.

Well, in principle, everything. I prefer not to install native HTC-software, restarting the device before "you device will be customized in N seconds". I prefer the original WM interface, without any beckons there.

Rep: (76)
My list of programs is important in my opinion for a beginner.
My go SE Xperia X2

1 Resco File Exploreras the best and easiest explorer + plugin for working with the registry.

2 Resco Photo Managerfor viewing and editing images.

3 PocketMind PocketMusicPlayer in my opinion the most convenient + player program that does not allow the device to fall asleep when you press the turn buttonplay_start

4 Opera Mini for WMfor an amateur to rummage around and not at the same time save traffic.

5 TCPMPA good player for video (but alas, on my X2 it's useless does not work with graph. Accelerator).

6 Navitel Navigator - [WinMobile]A good program for navigation has a large number of maps + some even freely available ... a sufficiently high accuracy of determining the location + good assistance in driving.

7 Spb Mobile Shell 3.x(launcher / shell) was bundled with the firmware ... as it was, it was and was used to it and it was very convenient to use it

8 ArkSwitchA convenient task manager chose for a very long time what I needed and settled on this simply and with taste ...

9 SktoolsYou may need it later to take care of the system and fine tune it.

10 Spb backupand last but probably even the most important program for backing up data to an archive with subsequent recovery (do not forget to backup before installing a new software !!!)

Well, in general, the minimum that I offer to every newbie on this PDA platform
good luck with your setup and installation

Rep: (1121)
Hello everyone! =)
The review is written based on the experience of taming the animal named Anka (AnyDATA 505 ) - i.e .: WM 6.1 and some resources .
So, my list:

Sktools
Powerful thing in terms of all kinds of settings and tweaks device. You reveal her abilities for yourself gradually. But for starters, it will reassign soft keys, take a screenshot, change the look of SMS chat.<->standard...
There is a backup function, the registry editor.

Total commander
There are of course many other file managers, but I got used to dvuhpanelkami on BB, so when I found out that there is a Total for the PDA, and yes even free ... What later did not regret.
Working with files, archives, Windows folder, creating shortcuts, editing the registry, much more. I myself think, God forbid, use 1/10. Everything is very convenient, lots of settings. The order in the files is his merit!

File dialog changer
You simply will not notice this utility - as long as it serves you. :) The name of the program speaks for itself - wherever possible, it brings the dialogs of working with files into a human form.

Pocket rar
Put it, you will surely come across sometime with a rar-archive, and he is right there!

LiteNote
Text editor. I am writing now in it. One of the best (I still have three pieces). Most - enough for the eyes. The main thing - understands Unicode (as opposed to the built-in editing Total), which is important when editing some settings files (ini, xml).

Next - about launcher.I probably have them bust , but - as it happens.
I will mention regularly used:
    Skmenu
    Launcher in the form of a drop-down menu. As on the "Start" button, and in the mass of other places at your request. Also - turn the “cross” into a real “cross” :) - i.e. applications by clicking on it will not collapse and close. Have your own task manager. Indicators of batteries, memory, etc. - both in the form of strips and numeric (I put the number of batteries and memory instead of the Windows icon andIn place of a standard battery for a constant, I deduced the clock . In general - a lot of skills, settings - the sea.

WkTASK
    My dispatcher. Also a multifunctional thing. The main thing - displays the icons of running prog in the upper tray, do not think - what works for you, everything is visible and easy to switch. The rest of the ability - no less valuable, put - you will not regret!

iPhoneToday
    The most convenient shell launcher. Icons and indicators on your desktop (like on Mount Athos). Very easy to learn and easy to use. There are chips, others will not find it. Again - a lot of settings for every taste.

UltimateLaunch
    In general, the previous competitor is more difficult to learn and tweak, but it has one indisputable advantage - it can embed other plug-ins into its screens turned over on Tudey.

... crossed them =)

Launch manager
    Classic launcher - you click on one icon (or button) and - you see 15 more in front of you :). Many additional features.

Resco task manager
Small, convenient, finger-oriented task manager. In my case, it is caused by moving your finger down the plugin.UltimateLaunch on Tudey.

Inesoft Phone 6
I have a whim, a habit from the phone - searching the number in the phone book for a digital combination from any part of it, and not just at the beginning - this caller satisfied my whim, so I stopped at it. Now I understand that almost by chance I chose the best one (IMHO) from all the dialers. Caller - to put it mildly,Inesoftphone - very multi-functional: all sorts of screen locks from accidental clicks, call filters, various profile settings, small ringing nishtyaki, voice reminders of missed ... In addition, you get quite convenient plug-ins for Thudey Phone Cases and Device settings toggle .

NS Contacts
Since I do not use Autluk BB, I chose this program to save / view / edit the contact database on the BB. Plus - the base guard on the device.

SMS-Chat
Perhaps today - the only worthwhile program for working with SMS.

CTScheduler PPC
Will add SMS-Chat with the ability to SMS on a schedule. Other features of this universal scheduler may also please you.

Phonetype
Finger-oriented keyboard (like on the phone) - you can write the same SMS on the go.

SIP switch
And this is a convenient utility for switching from one keyboard to another, with its help this function can be assigned to a hard button.

AE Button Plus
It will help you in assigning different functions to different buttons (both on hard and soft). In addition - a whole bunch of amenities (from a convenient task manager - to displaying system information)!

Thumbcal
The most convenient finger-oriented solution for working with tasks and calendar. Nobody is forgotten and nothing is forgotten!

UCWEB
- my internet browser for 90% of the internet! (The remaining 10 - divideOperas ( Mini and Mobile )). If you want to chat on the forum with the device - Ucweb Installation is required! :) Put, put - thanks for saying :)

R2U - Roll2Unlock
Blocker Convenient, although for a beginner may not be easy to configure. I like it, blocks it with my hands and with a gun. In the locked state - time will tell.

p.s. Well, additional software - a photo , multimedia , navigation ... - according to your desire and need, choose yourself ( Catalog ) or on the advice of others ( Search ) - to your taste and color :)
p.p.s. For experiments with a new software, it is not necessary to install it immediately on the device. There is such a useful thing - Microsoft Devise Emulator . Try it.

Post has been editedKikujiro_SPb - 21.11.10, 01:28
Reason for editing: pps

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07.25.19, 06:44