> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Catalog of Android programs

Network Tools | monitoring of Internet resources, ping, traceroute

Rep: (8)
Network tools
Version: 1.1.6

Last update of the program in the header:28.12.2011

Attached Image
Attached Image

Short description:
Automatic monitoring of Internet resources.

Description:
The main idea of ​​the application - the automatic monitoring of resources on the Internet: websites, servers, routers, surveillance systems, etc. After a specified amount of time a resource is checked, in case of failure, a warning is displayed. This control will allow you to respond quickly to problems.

Use the system menu to add a new resource to monitoring list, specify the type and the interval for checking. At any time you can change the scan settings or to manually check a specific host, the commands available in the context menu.

This appendix contains additional tools to diagnose network problems, commands ping and traceroute. For these commands are implemented lists of previously entered addresses, each time not to recruit them again.

The app is free, no ads, available on Android Market. Constructive feedback, comments, criticism, suggestions - welcome. If you liked the app, please do not be lazy to leave feedback on the Market, because all sorts of ratings, stars, and other puzomerki until canceled. ;)

Homepage: http://westward.cv.ua/android/networktools/about.html
Android Market: market: // search / q = pname:? ua.cv.westward.networktools
Android Market Web: https://market.android.com/details?id=ua.cv...rd.networktools

Additional Information
Russian interface: Yes

Download:
Version: 1.1.6 http: //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/dl/post/1359946/NetworkTools.apk

Past versions

Post has been editeddvoriki06 - 03.01.12, 00:13

Rep: (5)
All attempts to ping something or to route the error:

imcp open socket: Operation not permitted

what can you do?

max rusov @ 31.05.2011, 22:39*
imcp open socket: Operation not permitted

1) tomorrow to find out from the people who helped me with the application testing, rutovannye their smartphones or the ordinary. Neither he informed me of this error, and I, in turn, was not interested in exactly what their phones. If it turns out that absolutely everyone had a root, which without such rights in Android does not run the ping, I'm cool distressed.

2) Searching the network, I caught two reports of the same error, the owners of ZT-180 Tablet and Archos tablet. Owner Archos even writes in a support rather detailed instructions, which rights to ping the file must be set to ping worked fine. But in this case I can not help you.

By the way, what is your model of phone or tablet version of the system? If there is a workaround, you do not mind to start at the test application?

Rep: (81)
As far as I know, in the Knicks to open raw sockets, you need a rut (and ping uses just imcp socket). Another thing is that most of the linux distributions pings are on behalf of the root. It appears in android is not. I can of course make mistakes, you need to really check on "virgin" unit.

For the program: monitoring of works, everything is fine. The wishes, I would like to add monitoring services such as ssh, ftp, etc. Ideally, make the ability to specify an arbitrary port for connection.

Rep: (5)
westward @ 01.06.2011, 00:53*
By the way, what is your model of phone or tablet version of the system? If there is a workaround, you do not mind to start at the test application?

I have a HTC HD2, CM7. Such an error is all the ping program, the only way that works is to ping from a terminal, after seeking the SU, very uncomfortable. I think if you are a developer - something that will prompt ...

ivkom @ 01.06.2011, 00:33*
As far as I know, in the Knicks to open raw sockets, you need a rut (and ping uses just imcp socket). Another thing is that most of the linux distributions pings are on behalf of the root. It appears in android is not.

As I understand it for an hour on an Internet search, most androids are all exactly the same: for the ping set rights and permissions are automatically run this command as root (SGID flag, to be honest, is not yet fully understand these nuances). In some devices, firmware or did not care about it, as a result of the call ping from the application breaks off due to lack of rights.

ivkom @ 01.06.2011, 00:33*
The wishes, I would like to add monitoring services such as ssh, ftp, etc. Ideally, make the ability to specify an arbitrary port for connection.

In the list "for the future" I have long written ftp, smtp. Add and ssh (with this protocol until never worked). Refinement: a random port for all or a particular service?

Post has been editedwestward - 01.06.11, 01:14

max rusov @ 01.06.2011, 00:40*
Such an error is all the ping program, the only way that works is to ping from a terminal, after seeking the SU, very uncomfortable.

I flashed the idea to include in the application package file ping with the correct permissions. But it seems not a damn thing that does not work: The application itself does not run as root, and pull themselves or their child processes higher as Baron Munchausen himself out of a swamp - as would any fool Unices racking at times. ;)

Idea number two - to request the application of privileges rise through SU. If the owner has devaysa Ruth and it allows the application to automatically obtain elevated privileges seem to ping will work. Need to think.

P.S. Just I answer each one of my "testers". He used nerutovanny Samsung Galaxy 4G. Apparently, the zoo androids not all manufacturers are equally set access rights to the console commands.

Post has been editedwestward - 01.06.11, 01:30

westward @ 31.05.2011, 23:13*
In the list "for the future" I have long written ftp, smtp. Add and ssh (with this protocol until never worked). Refinement: a random port for all or a particular service?

Specific services is unlikely, they probably get a lot, and if you never know what's specific to sit who can ...
Just ping can not help it if the echo responses (or whatever it is correct) in monitoring forbidden firewall. Http server can simply not, if the server we used a database. And then I drive in a random port, for example 3306, and I answered "TCP OK - 0.001 second response time on port 3306". And this I have just server musql such replies that is alive and well :)

max rusov, I you a private message sent via the forum. There is a trial version, it would be great if you could test it (the business for 5 minutes).

Update Version 1.0.6

New design traceroute window;
A new type of validation: Generic TCP (host: port);
The ability to use the full url to check the type of HTTP Get;
New option "superuser for ping" (requires root);
Added permission VIBRATE (it was not specified in the previous version).

Option "superuser for ping" is needed only for those devices, or rather, for the firmware in which the ping command will not run without root access. If you still work, do not enable this option.

Thanks to forum membermax rusov for reporting an issue, and participate in testing.
Also thanks to forum memberivkom the idea of ​​checking type "TCP port" (Generic TCP).

Attached files

Attached fileNetwork_Tools_106.apk(199.1 KB)

westward @ 10.06.2011, 19:36*
A new type of validation: Generic TCP (host: port);

Well, that it was needed :) Like everything works fine, thanks!

Rep: (64)
Thank! The interesting thing :) And do not tell what kind of a program of practical sense for the user-freshman? I'm not good in the IT-terms; (

serggrigorchuk @ 11.06.2011, 07:14*
And do not tell what kind of a program of practical sense for the user-freshman? I'm not good in the IT-terms; (

The simple answer: if you do not understand in terms of IT, this app is not for you. Without podkolok and sarcasm.

Ok, let's come up with a couple of options. The administration instructed to add information to the site. Suppose provider problem, but authorities did not yet know, and it is more convenient to first ask the person who next to whom wages are paid. If the application will warn you about the problem, the answer is "I already know, I understand," enhances your expertise in the eyes of the boss.

Another option: now many devices can be connected to the Internet. DVRs, security systems, but little if anything. Sometimes it is useful to quickly get notified that such a device has stopped working.

Good luck!

Rep: (64)
Thanks for the reply :) check the IP of your browser in the background: successful! - I leave the program for the self;)

Update Version 1.0.7

The new command "Check All" to check manually hosts.

Attached files

Attached fileNetwork_Tools.apk(201.75 KB)

Rep: (47)
galaxy s2 runs, a huge plus-tracing.
minus the inability to copy results to the clipboard.
a competitor such an opportunity;)

Ping date: 0:06 16.06.2011
IP Address: 74.125.232.243
Hostname: google.com

Average ping: 30 ms
Packet loss: 0%
Minimum ping: 27 ms
Maximum ping: 42 ms
Std. dev. ping: 3 ms
Estimated hops: 8

Sent from ********

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedden_ok_ - 16.06.11, 00:11

den_ok_ @ 16.06.2011, 00:02*
minus the inability to copy results to the clipboard

Definitely, with the users to communicate interesting. In the months of work on the application never thought about having to copy the results in the clipboard. If not a secret - why?

About competitors know. Of the applications in the Market, viewed me 3 weeks ago by traceroute way, this is the only app I stand out as better than mine. Immodest, but the rest looked like the only miserable form with a couple of buttons and input bandwidth. However, a large market, perhaps I have something worthy missed. By the way, a competitor is not the automatic periodic inspection of web resources, their application implements a slightly different problem - Network Scanner.

Ok, I'll see what and how they are copied to the clipboard. If you share your ideas, what to copy, perhaps it will be implemented.

Oh, the number of requests so far exceeds my ability to implement them quickly. ;) And then there are its target, which continue to evolve.

Post has been editedwestward - 16.06.11, 00:17

Rep: (47)
westward @ 16.06.2011, 00:16*
If not a secret - why?

For example, for a dispute with nedobrosovesnym provider
You're right in that program is somewhat different, the competition is always good for the user, sorry for the tautology.
Your program is really what it s top competitors programs.
Thanks for the work.

Post has been editedden_ok_ - 16.06.11, 18:43

Update Version 1.0.8

+ New "Description" field monitoring records;
+ 4 new options in the settings: show the name of the host, show the description, the description and the name of the name and description;

If you include one of the new options, do not forget to edit your recordings sites and add descriptions.

Attached files

Attached fileNetworkTools108.apk(204.37 KB)

Rep: (163)
tcpdump stick forgotten.

mittorn @ 21.07.2011, 13:24*
tcpdump

This command is included in the standard Android? Or at least a complete BusyBox, which usually put authors rutovannyh custom firmware?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 15/07/20, 14:32