WP7 Library | Books, WP7 Programming Instructions

Rep: (1082)
WP7 Library

In this topic we collect books, instructions for WP7 programming.

List (under spoilers links, details, covers):
1. Charles Petzold - Programming for WP7
Download:
Full version of the book in Russian -Attached fileProgramming_Windows_Phone_7_en.pdf(12.57 MB)

Original English -Attached fileMicrosoft_Press_ebook_Programming_Windows_Phone_7_PDF.pdf(13.1 MB)

In Russian -Attached filemsphone7book_RUS.pdf(3.58 MB)

In Russian (unlocked version) -Attached filemsphone7book_RUS_Unlocked.pdf(1.96 MB)

Source codes of programs for this book -Attached fileMicrosoft_Press_ebook_Programming_Windows_Phone_7_Sample_Code.zip(5.04 MB)

2. Creating applications for WP7 from start to finish

3. Lawrence Moroni - Introduction to Microsoft Silverlight 3
Download: Attached fileSL30RU_Full.pdf (11.15 MB)

4. Training course in Russian with examples about the creation of mobile applications.

5. Development for Windows Phone 7: From beginner to expert

6. Windows Phone Toolkit In Depth

References:

Post has been editedRomaN - 21.08.12, 11:49

Rep: (209)
You see, young man ... Language is a means of communication between people. The rules and rules of communication in the language are necessary so that all (I emphasize ALL) people who speak this language correctly and unambiguously understand each other. And it doesn’t matter where this communication takes place - in chat, in a newspaper, in personal correspondence ... Language norms are primary over everything else (especially when it comes to so-called consumer devices).

If you take the trouble to look at the sources of information indicated in the general guide Micorosft, then there you will not see references or explanations "we so wanted." It contains academic publications such as spelling and explanatory dictionaries in the Russian language, encyclopedias, etc. This guide is a squeeze out of voluminous general rules of the Russian language to help people who do not speak Russian particularly, to translate programs into Russian so that ordinary users who do not own a computer but know Russian will not have problems. with the understanding that the program wants them to. This is correct and this is good, without as to whether these rules are for the desktop, for the office, for mobile phones, etc.

The document proposed by you is made up for a completely different purpose - so that everything looks the same. This is a harmful and incorrect goal, for the proposed benchmark — the WP7 phone and the WindowsPhone site — was simply disgusting translated into Russian! In other words, people who do not understand the essence of what they have done offer themselves to be leveled. Those. all others are offered equal to the disgusting result. That is why I consider this document malicious. It would not be desirable for a separate alternatively gifted designer, the Russian-language warped in translation cannot serve the success of the device. But competent adherence to the norms of the language - maybe.

Incorrect Russian language in the program is the same bug as all other possible bugs. By adding an incorrect translation to his program, the programmer adds another bug.

Post has been editedBombilCalabasov - 11.01.12, 15:42

Rep: (3)
BombilCalabasov you are in many ways right. But I do not in any way claim that the norms of the Russian language were flooded into Microsoft. I heard it just as an example of the explanation of small letters in the menu items.

Well, I also agree with you that windowsphone.com is translated really strange.

But returning to this document, these examples of “mistranslation” turned out to be no more effective than the result of inattentive reading. Well, except for "live icons". Live icons sucks :) But here you can understand MS. What is the "icon" knows any user.

S_K @ 01/10/2012, 21:23*
The tiles become live icons and with loud screams they break up from the desktop, pushing icons from their seats.
About the fact that the impersonal appeal to the user in the Russian interfaces is more correct and preferable, and they have not heard.
"Aha! - It worked!" - Sure sure...

And this ... Almost every rule? Diametrically opposite? What are you speaking about? I here a couple of posts ago gave some interesting examples that not every developer knows, but they are given in this document. In my opinion, they do not contradict the rules of the Russian language. You resulted in several contradictions between the general MS guide and this guide. And again, only the first of them contradicts the rules of the Russian language.

BombilCalabasov @ 01/10/2012, 21:29*
Almost every rule is diametrically opposed to the norms of the Russian language for computer systems.

I also seemed to give detailed explanations, no?

Omit the first pages with the advertising "bla-bla-bla" ...

Page 4. Table with examples. Just what is labeled as "Incorrect" is the correct translation. More precisely, it is more correct than the one specified in the "Correct" column, which is absolutely not in any gate.

Just below on the same page it is proposed to leave "+" where it matters "and". If there is a value "and", then it must be translated as "and"! For in Russian, the “+” symbol is clearly associated with summation, addition, but not simple union. Appearing in the WP7 interface setting "Mail + accounts" - complete uzhos. It looks wild. Must be translated as "and" and nothing else.

The next page starts with a wild example, "Browser Language and Search." The browser has no language. Also about the following example. “Photo + Camera” = camera, example from scanword.

Next comes the maxim: "Use the active voice to make it active." But in Russian it is just accepted what they call “passive conversion”! We write instead of "Do you really want to delete the file?" just "Delete file?" What they call Active Voice in Russian is used primarily in fiction, but not in technical.

Next comes the hard requirement to use the Glossary. The requirement is correct in itself, I support it. Another thing is that this Glossary they have developed a strange and some not corresponding to the previous, from Windows Mobile. But they themselves know about it and say that it is good. Well, OK...

Examples on the following page:
"Swipe right or left to open other results, or change your search terms." The term "swipe" requires correction. The construction of the phrase is English. A normal Russian translation will be "Open other results by moving the screen (or whatever they have moved) to the side, or change the search conditions." Use "to" should be avoided in every way. Next: "Counts cells with values ​​that are in the range." In general, it is not clear what exactly we are talking about, this is not a translation! Must be: "Determines how many cells from the specified range have values"

On the next page. If the "New" and "Cancel" buttons are used on the same screen, the verbs should be in one form: "Create" and "Cancel" ("Continue", "Abort", etc.). Couple "Create" and "Cancel" - a stylistic violation. This is not mentioned, but necessary.
They propose to write "OK" in Russian letters. This is how to write a BMW. Or Ash2O. Unjustified, harmful requirement. We do not have such a word or such an abbreviation. This abbreviation is English, so it should be written in English letters.

To illustrate his statement, that's enough. Correcting this whole document is not in my plans (for now).

BombilCalabasov @ 01/11/2012, 10:22 PM*
Page 4. Table with examples. Just what is labeled as "Incorrect" is the correct translation. More precisely, it is more correct than the one specified in the "Correct" column, which is absolutely not in any gate.

Correct and Incorrect differ only in that pronouns are used in one, and not in the other. I explained that no one forces you to use pronouns. Americans simply use them everywhere. Therefore, especially for them, they wrote that in Russian they should be used only to give emphasis to the fact that not just an account will be successful, but an account of this user. Read the explanation in the right column.

Just below on the same page it is proposed to leave "+" where it matters "and". If there is a value "and", then it must be translated as "and"! For in Russian, the “+” symbol is clearly associated with summation, addition, but not simple union. Appearing in the WP7 interface setting "Mail + accounts" - complete uzhos. It looks wild. Must be translated as "and" and nothing else.

Well, Americans do not just use the "+", and not the "&". I think their "+" is also associated with addition. Moreover, this is not a translation issue, but WP7 OS. In general, I even like it. When scrolling through the list interface, you can immediately see that this item includes two entities. And once again, this is a claim to the OS, and not to localization. Am I still on the WP7 forum? This document simply could not contain any other!

Next comes the maxim: "Use the active voice to make it active." But in Russian it is just accepted what they call “passive conversion”! We write instead of "Do you really want to delete the file?" just "Delete file?" What they call Active Voice in Russian is used primarily in fiction, but not in technical.

Active Deposit: "Delete file (I delete the file)". Passive voice: "The file will be deleted (the file is deleted by me)". Or not? Both of your examples in the active voice! What is the problem? But is the phrase longer? In WP7 dialogs, it is customary to write in the "Delete file?" Header, and in the body of the dialogue, in a smaller font, to write a more expanded message.

"Swipe right or left to open other results, or change your search terms." The term "swipe" requires correction. The construction of the phrase is English. A normal Russian translation will be "Open other results by moving the screen (or whatever they have moved) to the side, or change the search conditions." Use "to" should be avoided in every way. Next: "It counts cells with values ​​that are inrange "In general, it is not clear what exactly it is talking about, it is not a translation! It should be:" It determines how many cells from the specified range have values ​​"

Yes, I agree. Not the best translation. In justification, we can say that this section is completely different. About the use of the glossary. There only one word is highlighted. Weak is obradanie, right? :) But about the glossary they brought the thought. I now did not know about its existence.

On the next page. If the "New" and "Cancel" buttons are used on the same screen, the verbs should be in one form: "Create" and "Cancel" ("Continue", "Abort", etc.). Couple "Create" and "Cancel" - a stylistic violation. This is not mentioned, but necessary.
They propose to write "OK" in Russian letters. This is how to write a BMW. Or Ash2O. Unjustified, harmful requirement. We do not have such a word or such an abbreviation. This abbreviation is English, so it should be written in English letters.

It also says: "There are several exceptions though, like Cancel (New), New (Create)." Now, about OK. This is a Russian interface. The type of letters in the font may differ. And different! According to the guidelines for the buttons, lowercase spelling is used, so it turns out "ok" and "ok". Looks out vigilantly.

Counts cells with values ​​in range.

I found a translation of this phrase, which is now used in the OS :) This is a description of the function of CSTS: "Counting the number of cells with values ​​in the range." I still don't like it, but even in the desktop version it’s the same.

Rep: (610)
M
Dear friends! Let's stop the senseless dispute (or transfer it to personal communication) and we will not litter themlibrary .

mvcdev, it is all very reminiscent of the phrase MM Zhvanetsky: "Let's argue about pineapple vskusa! .. To the hoarseness! With those who ate them ..."

Based on my experience and my qualifications, I claim that the document you cited is HARMFUL! It is harmful precisely because it impersonates itself as an official guide and guide, in fact, not being such. Along my own line, I will seek his change and punishment for those who allow such things. Everything. Stop this document to shield.

Rep: (496)
P.S. Here's another addition about ampersant and "+" http://www.artlebedev.ru/kovodstvo/sections/112/

and
@ 11.01.2012, 08:41 *
Incorrect Russian language in the program is the same bug as all other possible bugs.

somehow not very well combined, do not you think? ;)

Rep: (1)
In the piggy bank:Development for Windows Phone 7: From beginner to expert- it is shown how to create the simplest application in 10 minutes and use such things as bing maps.
M
Thank you, added to the cap!

Post has been editedRomaN - 28.05.12, 10:13

Rep: (23)
I will make my five kopeckshttp://www.windowsphonegeek.com/- site of useful tips - naturally in English.
In particular"Windows Phone Toolkit In Depth" 2nd edition by Boryana Miloshevska
I did not find this resource here - if you can always delete it)
M
Thank! Added to the cap!

Post has been editedRomaN - 21.08.12, 11:53

Rep: (1)
Put a vote on the best book: D

Rep: (2)
I will add my experience:

Already read
http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Windows-Phone-7-...t/dp/1430232196
complete nonsense: 90% - purely background info like "if you want to call the camera, write CameraService.Call ()", which is elementary google

I'm reading now -
http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Silverlight-MVVM.../dp/B004HW67JA/
very well everything is painted, how the binding works, excellent examples and a good description of mvvm - I advise this

Rep: (146)
would not prevent books on wp8, (by directx and c ++)

Rep: (34)
Alex @ 05/02/2011, 21:31*

Sergey Pugachev's blog moved from pugachev.info to spugachev.com, and the series of articles turned into a free distribution book, Developing Applications for Windows Phone 7.5:

Post has been editedKeeper-volok - 15.01.14, 19:35
Reason for editing: Local mirror

Rep: (271)
Maybe rename the topic? Already kagbe need under v8 write. You can even remove the figure

Rep: (376)
Gentlemen, what can you advise to read by building an interface on XAML? And to my shame, I still very poorly understand this technology.

Rep: (82)
* 0vZ,
I really liked Pro WPF MacDonald. There is almost everything a WPF developer needs.

Rep: (42)
Richter has about Windows Runtime. Very relevant.

Rep: (42)
Is there any literature on SharpDX? Preferably in the form of a full-fledged book, rather than sets of articles.

Rep: (496)
cherepets @ 01/27/15 05:42*
Is there any literature on SharpDX?

Hmmm ... I don't think that such a thing exists in nature at all - because SharpDX is just a C # wrapper over DirectX. Most likely, do you need DirectX literature? Free DirectX books (and more) look betterin here.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 27.06.19, 17:02