> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Catalog of Android programs

Gingerbreak | Getting root on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
Life with a root
What is your firmware now?
Routed Original [ 1844 ] ** [65%]
Custom [ 993 ] ** [35%]
Total Votes: 2837

Rep: (507)
Gingerbreak
version: 1.2

Last update of the program in the header:26.04.2011

Description:
The program is designed to obtain root rights using the discovered vulnerability on devices running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), but there is a chance that it can work on Froyo and / or Honeycomb.

The chance to ever see in Gingerbreak support for Android 2.3.4 [and above] is extremely small. And in light of the fact that the fix for the vulnerability used by the program is already in the main android repository, then the firmware on which it will be possible to get root in this way very soon may not remain at all. (takenfrom here, original in English, free translation)

How does the program work?
- APK installs the necessary files in the right place for the script to work
- APK launches exploit
- Exploit is trying to get root
- If successful, the / system partition is mounted in read-write mode, then the installation script is launched
- The installation script tries to install the su and superuser APK binary into the system, and then reboot

It is important to know
- USB Debugging (USB debugging?) Must be enabled
- A memory card must be present and formatted
- The program should be installed only in the device’s memory!
- Getting the root should not take more than 10 minutes. However, a root can be obtained, so that after 15 minutes you can safely pull out the battery. If the root is not received within 10 minutes and you speak English, then follow the instructions from the first post in the relevant topic.
- Always reboot between attempts to get root!
- The program may receive a (temporary) root, which, however, is not saved due to various developer restrictions, such as S-ON on HTC Desire
- Gingerbreak should not be used to get a temporary root without rebooting, because exploit hack vold (Volume Daemon?) - using the phone in this mode is unsafe. If after a reboot the root did not remain - you (still have) the problem.

We get the root
Let me remind you that root (from the English root is the root; the root is read), or the superuser (su - superuser) is a special account on UNIX-like systems with an identifier (UID, User IDentifier) ​​0, whose owner has the right to execute all operations without exception (including overclocking, access to the internal file system, replacement of system files, etc.)

This program will help us get these rights.
What is needed for this ?:
1. Downloading the current version of GingerBreak
(Disable antivirus just in case)
2. We dump our program and install
3. Turn on USB debugging. To do this, go toSettings ->Applications ->Development ->USB debugging . We put a tick.
4. Check that the flash drive is inserted and working.
5. Start GingerBreak
6. ChooseRoot device
7. Wait a few minutes. If there are no problems, the device will reboot (I note that the reboot can take a long time, so we are waiting)
8. We are happy!
The most important thing is that the site administration is not responsible for that AND I ALSO !!!! what you do with your phone.
The main principle: before you create something with your device, sort out your actions and instructions.

The instruction is kindly provided by the comradeSnegovikRZN

The list of supported / unsupported devices is contained below the spoilers below. They are probably incomplete, so if your device is not there, then please tell me - I will add to the header with a link to your post about success or failure.

And the most important thing:Backups On some devices, in the process of obtaining root rights, an external / internal memory card can be formatted. If everything hangs, but you can see that the memory card is being mounted / unmounted, manual formatting (or replacing the card) can solve the problem.
Devices on which you can get root

Devices on which rooting is impossible or dangerous
Samsung galaxy ace
HTC Desire S (S-ON)
HTC Wildfire(S-ON)
HTC Incredible S (2.3.3) - Mayturn outbrick!or justdoes not work(S-ON)
Samsung Galaxy Minibuthereit is written that SuperOneClick works
SE Xperia Neo (2.3.3)
SGS (2.3.3 JVH)

If the device is in the first list, but the root does not work, then the userZoll proposed following decision:
clear cache and erase data in GingerBreak following. ways: Settings - Applications - Application Management - GingerBreak.

Changelog
04/26/2011: v1.2
- Removed some code that may break operation while the code itself isn't needed
- Added UnRoot option
- The APK now logs exploit output semi-live

04/22/2011: v1.1
- Modded exploit code to not need / data / local / tmp - this should fix the problem extracting assets as well as be more compatible with various devices (in theory). In case the APK notices that this cannot work, it will warn you about this.
- Added some warnings and errors to the APK

04/21/2011: v1.0
- First release of APK
- Slight mods to the exploit source to have it work better from APK

The "Download APK" link leads to XDA and will work if you are logged in there.

Homepage: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1044765

Additional Information
Russian interface: Not

Download: version: 1.2
Attached fileGingerBreak_v1.20.apk(295.24 KB)

Download APK from XDA

Past versions

I remind you again:THEME CONCERNS THERE ISSUES OF OBTAINING A RUTE BY USING GINGERBREAK, NOT ANY ANY CLOSE PROBLEM!

For lazy people who got S-OFF with Revolutionary and want to get root: smokehttp://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/revolutionary. If such questions continue to arise in the future, I will minus one for laziness.

Post has been editedfatspirit - 24.10.12, 09:47
Reason for editing: fixed the header

Rep: (37)
Description: The program is designed to obtain root rights using the discovered vulnerability on devices running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), but there is a chance that it can work on Froyo and / or Honeycomb.

interesting...

Rep: (369)
Doesn't work on Incredible S 2.3.3

Rep: (37)
test on DXD with 2.2.1, otherwise I'm not logged on to XDA

Post has been edited_pans_ - 23.04.11, 22:19

Rep: (361)
Is there such a thing on legend with 2.2?

Yonodmc @ 04/23/2011, 10:01 PM*
Doesn't work on Incredible S 2.3.3

Expected - probably, by analogy with Desire, the / system partition is mounted Read Only.

Posted on 04/23/2011, 23:40:

_pans_ @ 04/23/2011, 10:18 PM*
test on DXD with 2.2.1, otherwise I'm not logged on to XDA

So there is a link tosavagemessiahzine.com- see where it saysGingerBreak_v1.10.apk

Posted on 04/23/2011, 11:41 PM:

Romzet12 @ 04/23/2011, 11:11 PM*

Try it and tell us.

Post has been editedtreake - 26.04.11, 17:35
Reason for editing: +1 by izkohtla

Rep: (3)
On nexus s 2.3.3 (stock) it works fine. Thank. : thank_you:

Rep: (83)
Romzet12 @ 04.24.2011, 01:11*

We are waiting for the brave and brave geeks. I have farther backup cards, and for little things, it doesn’t work. If the firmware flies, or something else serious, the problem is for me. Young, bright heads are needed here. The homeland naturally will not forget you :) I need a root, only to change the top wake-up button to another one, for example, "back". Everything else suits.

Who tried, please write at least the instruction "what and how to click." There is not even a picture. Whatever happens, I will venture on my old, gray head.

Post has been editedSolidol790 - 24.04.11, 13:09

Rep: (18)
On sgs 2.3.3 it works. Thank you. Author +
It doesn’t work on I9000XXJVO and I9000XWJVH. It worked for me on I9000XWJVB.

Post has been editedmasuslik - 30.05.11, 05:58

Rep: (0)
On GHS 2.3.3 everything is OK thanks !!!!

Rep: (361)
Expected - probably, by analogy with Desire, the / system partition is mounted Read Only.

Posted on 04/23/2011, 23:40:

So there is a link tosavagemessiahzine.com- see where it saysGingerBreak_v1.10.apk

Posted on 04/23/2011, 11:41 PM:

Try it and tell us.

I meant the program for 2.2 of my device, and not just this one, since this is for 2.3

I meant the program for 2.2 of my device, and not just this one, since this is for 2.3

In the original xda thread, one user wrote that he hadthis the program worked on some of Optimus running 2.2.

Rep: (14)
LG P500 2.2.1 10G official firmware, the superuser icon appeared in the menu.
Delivered Root Booter, the device rebooted successfully

Rep: (83)
Romzet12 @ 04.25.2011, 00:42*
I meant the program for 2.2 of my device, and not just this

We were "lucky" with NAND on our device. Of course, I would like root in one click, but so far I have not seen such a program personally. I really hope forSuperOneClickcan finish for Legend.

Solidol790 @ 04.25.2011, 03:57*
We were "lucky" with NAND on our device. Of course, I would like root in one click, but so far I have not seen such a program personally. I really hope for SuperOneClick can finish for Legend.

So far, they screwed themselves Gingerbreak (:

Rep: (0)
EEE, it turned out on Nexus S stock 2.3.3, only at the beginning I had to format the USB flash drive.

Rep: (18)
LG Optimus One firmware 2.2.1
root received normal flight.
Thank!

Rep: (1)
Dell Streak 2.2.2 root received

Rep: (1)
LG P500 2.2.1 root received, normal flight! There is a question, but how to cancel root, return everything as it was? :-)

Rep: (11)
Craashgt @ 04/25/2011, 16:03*
Dell Streak 2.2.2 root received

likewise, received a root.

Rep: (11)
where did you used to be? I put myself CM7

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/09/19, 20:09