ASUS M50Vm series - Discussion | [notebook]

Rep: (16)
ASUS M50Vm series

I’ve been using this model for the third year already, when I bought Vista Starter, I demolished it and installed Ultimate.
After a short period of time, like any whist, she began to lag terribly, then reinstalled again.
Friends on older computers already had seven and everyone was happy, but I was like a fool on Vista: resent:, since there wasn’t
suitable drivers for this machine. Not so long ago I studied the specifications of similar computers and something, some where
pulled out and after reinstalling Windows put these drivers and almost all got up perfectly, but still some
had to be set in whist compatibility mode, such as a touchpad or sound card driver.
I’ll explain right away why I didn’t install all the drivers in compatibility mode, because many of them had a system running,
the computer hung terribly and did not work stably.
So I collected the pack and decided to share it with the world, suddenly Kama also wants to work without lags))
By the way, the seven works in my opinion much faster and more stable.

Here is the specification.
Here are the drivers themselves:

There is still a small problem, usually I take it out once every half a year, clean it from dust, change the thermal grease and the last time I did it, it turned out that the rubber from the chipset had crumbled in the trash and had to be smeared with paste. Aida64 shows 51 Celsius at idle, and with a maximum load of 62. There is such a design that the copper plate does not press tightly against the crystal and therefore poor thermal conductivity without elastic. Now I don’t know what to do, I went around all the shops and in most of them they answered me that they had no idea what I’m talking about. : D

Post has been editedRaVanT - 28.03.11, 22:38

Rep: (111)
Well, finding this thermogum is really sooo hard.

There was a compound in Chip and Deep (the same rubbish turns into rubber or something) heat-conducting, but you don’t need a bucket?
http://www.chipdip.ru/product/kptd-1-1t-5.5-100g.aspxAlthough there are 100 grams, but still a lot.

There seems to be our good glue - AlSil 5, from the same series as thermal grease, only glue. To tear something from him is difficult, but possible. Sometimes it is sold in stores, look. It used to be in the same Chip and Deep, but now there is only some kind of Radial.
http://www.chipdip.ru/product0/91407811.aspx

Well, it’s better of course not to buy a chip and dip, but to buy somewhere else, the chip’s extra charges are brutal.
Good luck: yes2:

Rep: (16)
Well, finding this thermogum is really sooo hard.

Now, to be honest, I saw it only on ebay and this is very sad ((

By the way
compound thermally conductive dielectric
very interesting thing, but since there is 100g. It is probably more suitable for industrial production: happy:

But from domestic pastes, AlSil-3 used only, but it disappointed me, now I only use a European manufacturer and by the way the difference is noticeable.

Rep: (0)
When I install Operating Systems regardless of XP, Vista, 7, I always put the driver on a network card. I set up the Internet, install the Driver Genius Professional program, start the scan, and then get the list of drivers that need to be installed, I click OK, and then I click the download all button (i.e. recommended drivers). After which I install each driver and that's it.

I’m not even worried about finding all the drivers, I found one on the network that got an Internet connection, and this program will do the rest for you. (Test the computer, download and offer to install them): rofl:

Rep: (6)
Hello, I apologize in advance for something that is not the topic, but maybe someone will tell you, a friend brought the asus x51rl laptop .. filled with completely sweet beer .. and after that the device was slightly dried by a hairdryer and they tried to start it: wallbash:, naturally after an unsuccessful according to her, the device didn’t react to anything; it stood there for 3 days, and then brought it to me: wacko:
1 parsed
2 washed everything, cleaned looked .. smoked, cleaned again.
3 collected
4 zero reaction bios does not work
5 dismantled found a jamb that the beer flowed through one through hole of the mother from below under the pit battery control circuit ..
6 washed
7 collected
8 turned on booted
Question: Lan doesn’t work point-blank; it doesn’t even see the network one, does the battery after charging stick according to the indicator continue to charge, I distort the battery all the rules? it might be that beer was not washed up after all. could the network card or its control periphery burn out, and would the laptop turn on normally?
I hope for the advice of knowledgeable people.

Rep: (1)
Sorry, guys, what am I writing here, but there is no topic in the general section about asuses, so I took an asus X53B I won’t write it, I wanted to learn from such a function as charging, after I connect the beech to the network how does it work? the battery is charging from the tobish and the beech is working from it or the battery is charging independently and the beech is working from the network, I just came across this expression when using a beech from the mains, the battery is disconnected, someone can explain what they mean, I'm not with beeches when before that I didn’t work; I know about charging only with the experience of smartphones; there is a charge on the battery and then on the phone if the battery is working from the mains, it heats up.

Hello everyone! I ask a question on the forum for the first time, I ask for leniency.
Laptop Asus M50vc (vm), inside there are two mini PCI express connectors. One has a Wi-Fi module installed, the second is empty. Connection add. devices in this connector does not give anything, they are not seen either by the system (W7_64Ultimat) or Everest. When connecting the same devices to the connector where Wi-Fi was used, it gives a positive result, all devices are detected by the system, and firewood is installed. I tried to connect the Wi-Fi module to an idle connector - it does not work. There is a Service Manual and a circuit on the Asus M50vm, but I could not figure it out. I ask knowledgeable people to help!

Rep: (1946)
Serkojin
It is possible that howhere, just missing parts on the board.

RaVanT @ 03/28/2011, 10:38 PM*
So I collected the pack and decided to share it with the world

All drivers and utilities (except BIOS))) under win7 will work fromAsus M50Vn. Fresh drivers for video, audio and network - you can always download from offsites.

Post has been editedpasha_550 - 23.01.12, 10:55
Reason for editing:)))

Pasha 550, Thanks for the help !!!! Your link really helped. I installed the Broadcom Crystal HD BCM970015 module (hardware video decoder). Everything works. If you need information about what I soldered and where I installed the jumpers, I can post it. (photo, diagrams with corrections, etc.)

Serkojin @ 01/23/2012, 11:47*
If you need information about what I soldered and where I installed the jumpers, I can post it. (photo, diagrams with corrections, etc.)

To me personally - without need. Spread, m. useful to someone.

Regarding Driver Genius Professional, I used it once, never before, since later I had to reinstall the operating system completely.

On the laptop wifi is no longer detected Tell me what to do? I already tried all the programs on the site and the driver ... (native os vista 32x)

I also wanted to find out from him it is possible to expand the operative and find where the thread is the reinforced battery, change the percentage for which thread is more modern? I have a plus for the answer.

can expand the operative
Can:
RAM DDRII 800MHz, form factor SO-DIMM. Maximum capacity - 4096MB (2 slots)

percent change
It is also possible. Guaranteed to work, installed in the series:
Intel® Core ™ 2 Duo P8400 / P8600 / P9500 (1066MHz FSB). Intel® Core ™ 2 Duo T9500 (FSB 800MHz). Intel® Core ™ 2 DuoT5800 / T5850 / T5900 (FSB 800 / 667MHz). Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core T3200 / T3400 (FSB 667MHz)

On the laptop wifi is no longer detected Tell me what to do?
It depends on what meaning is embedded in "ceased to be determined." Is there an adapter in the device manager?

1. Three identical values ​​are defined in network adapters: 6TO4 Adapter
followed by Intel®Wifi Link 5100 With PAN
My WiFi PAN MUX-IM Virtual Miniport Driver # 2
Realtek RTL8168C (P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)
WiFi STA
Microsoft ISATAP # 23 Adapter

2. sorry for the stupid question, but there are so many things on the forum, my eyes run wide. I never reinstalled windows myself. but the wasp has already been around for three years, it is terribly slow, I want to tear down all the information that is on the hard and install a clean seven. I now have 32 bits of Vista and it defines 4 GB of RAM, although everyone says that the 32-bit architecture does not define more than 3 GB. tell me which seven is better for me to set so that the whole operation is determined completely, och I ask you to also tell me such an assembly without unnecessary garbage (where unnecessary services are turned off, all sorts of halim Internet explorer are deleted). the laptop is used for surfing, sometimes for games, watching movies, image pictures. Based on this, advise the most optimized Windows assembly for these purposes.
3. they say that you need to keep the system on a separate virtual disk from all other information, tell me which program to share one physical medium into two virtual ones. in what environment is this done and how.
4. How to make the new OS stand on a completely clean computer without any information on the hard at all.
5. Windows 8 only suitable for tablets?

Intel® Wifi Link 5100 With PAN
Is it in the device manager or in network connections? If in the dispatcher, then this device is marked with some icon (yellow interrogative or red exclamation point)?

what seven is better for me to put
Better is what Microsoft did.

they say that you need to keep the system on a separate virtual disk
It depends on personal preference.

how to make the new os stand on a completely clean computer without any information on hard in general.
To format the hard drive during the installation of windows.

Windows 8 is suitable only for tablets?
Not.

thanks for the previous answers, although incomplete but still.

1. the laptop disassembling scheme is of interest, a flash drive is stuck in the laptop card reader, nothing can be pulled out with nothing, you need to disassemble it, you still can’t get it to the card reader when opening the back cover, so you need a complete laptop disassembly circuit.

2. Where you can purchase accessories for this laptop, the cooling system is specifically interested.

Metalbeast @ 05/08/2012, 15:07*
answers, although incomplete
Here are the full answers to all questions:http://www.oszone.net/

laptop disassembly diagram
Manual disassembly and repair of laptops (netbooks)

cooling system
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Computer-Component...=p3286.c0.m1538

The problem is the following: when you touch the USB connector (for example, when you insert a flash drive or a wireless mouse module), the USB connector is shocking with great force. how to get rid of it? and this happens quite often.

Post has been editedmetalbeast - 02.06.12, 17:46

metalbeast
With any power supply (from PSU or battery)?
And if you first remove the static from your hands on a heating pipe or water supply?

Rep: (1)
What to do if periodically the computer stops seeing the network card?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/15/19, 03:09 AM