Getting NoDo | Any WP7 phone

Rep: (72)
Get NoDo right now :)

If you can't wait to get a NoDo, there is a way out!
Xda-developers have already found a way to bypass Microsoft checks and get NoDo right now:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1011663

Translation instructions:
  1. Downloadhttp://usaip.eu/en/USAIP.pbk, launch it and connect to EUROIP PPTP Hungary
    username: demo
    password: demo
  2. Connect your phone to PC
  3. Turn off WiFi in the phone settings (do not turn on the FLIGHT MODE!)
  4. Run Zune (if it did not start in step 2)
  5. Open the settings of the operator in the phone (Settings>Cellular) and leave them open.
  6. Run the update in Zune (Settings>Phone>Update)
  7. An important step!
    After a few seconds (about 10-15 seconds for me), turn off the Data connection in the open settings of the operator in the phone.
    There should be an update.
    If this does not work, repeat steps 6 and 7, changing the delay before disconnecting the Data connection in the phone settings. Before each replay, do not forget to turn on the Data connection in the phone again.

Checked by me personally. The update was successfully installed on the Samsung Omnia 7.

Additional Information:
  • The method works on all devices, not only on Omnia. But the device should be without branding. This method allows you to bypass only the territorial restrictions on the distribution of updates.
  • Error 80072EEF means that the phone cannot communicate with the update servers. Try to complete all steps except the 7th. If, in this case, Zune shows this error (it was exactly with me), then you should try it in my way: initially turn off the Data connection, and in step 7 turn off Wi-Fi.
  • The delay must be selected intuitively. I did something like this: I performed all the steps except the last one. Noticed the time after which Zune reported that I have the latest version (7008). Then he repeated the operation, and at the last step turned off the connection a few seconds before that time.
  • When you try again, do not forget to re-enable the connection in the phone. Otherwise, there will always be an error 80072EEF.

+ by una_m

Post has been editeddenominator77 - 29.03.11, 19:51
Reason for editing: added additional information

Rep: (3)
Yes, and also - I turned off not the connection date in the cellular settings, but in paragraphphone update shot daw use my cellular data connection but theoretically there should be no difference

Rep: (3)
Who can not upgrade, proceed as follows:
- follow steps 1-5;
- Update in Zune (p.6), start with a stopwatch and see after what time the error message pops up. Remember this time.

Now, repeating the procedure described by the Denominator 77 in this topic, perform step 7 first in 5 seconds, before an error message appears, if it did not work out in 10 seconds, and so on.
Those. Start counting the delay from the end to disable the Data connection (for some, it was 20 seconds from the end, for some - the 25th).

Understand that the update error message may appear after 30 seconds or 2 minutes. It all depends on the bandwidth of your channel or server load in Hungary.
Accordingly, the temporary pause of the need to disable the Data connection on the phone can not be all the same.

Rep: (28)
New way to get NoDo faster

1. Turn off the data connection and Wifi on the phone
2. Connect the phone to the computer (if Zune does not start automatically, start it manually)
3. Start the search for updates in Zune (Settings>Phone>Update)
4. 3-5 seconds after the start of the search for updates, disconnect the computer from the Internet. I did this by disabling the network adapter in the device manager (it broke into crawling under the table and poking out the LAN cable). Zune immediately issued a message about the availability of updates.
5. Reconnect the computer to the Internet.
6. In Zune, click OK to start the update.

And that's all.

Proven works on the LG E900.
On XDA they write that it works on all phones.
+ by samagury

Post has been editedromchk - 03.04.11, 15:36

Rep: (610)
I suppose that many who asked questions have already decided them themselves, but for clarity, for those who have not yet updated, I will answer!
How to find out whether my phone is branded or not?

See if there are any references to the operetor anywhere on the body, also if they are turned on when the phone is turned on, if there are no applications with operator logos, Internet explorer bookmarks on the operators pages. In any case, if the update did not come, you can confidently install the file from 44 posts, it will not be worse!
if I need to throw both this and that file, and their names are the same, can I rename one of them?

No, you need to throw one by one, you can not rename!
Forgot to write my phone from T-Mobile. That is, as I understand it, you need to do anbranding in addition. I just don’t understand, I used to unlock the phone in order to use the phone (I entered the unlock code). But in order to save the chevron, you need to run the program you attached?

Answered in a personal, but maybe here someone will have the same situation! Yes, you need to use both files that I laid out, one for unbranding, the second, in order to save the chevron! First, drop one file through Advanced explorer into the windows folder and launch the connection setup and click the checkbox down there. Then with the second file also. Advanced explorer is here on the forum in the program section. The unlock that you did at the very beginning has nothing to do with this!
And tell me what OS you have on the BB and what is the OS bit depth.

I have 32, but I think this is not the point, for people and 64 worked!
And then on xda I read about a new way to get NoDo. And everything turned out the first time.
Here is the solutionNew way to get NoDo faster

I advise you to use this method! It works wonderfully!

Post has been editedRoman-123456 - 31.03.11, 16:08

Rep: (1)
Everything turns out, but when you click update - gives

Error code
801811A8

what is the reason?

Rep: (1082)
Emelmaniac,
FAQ on Windows Phone 7 (Post # 6859243)

Rep: (5)
The instructions in the cap are hemorrhoid and not scribing, the guy who created Chevron has released a new method for getting NoDo as soon as possible not through Zune at all! Just updated - immediately and clearly! Dare:http://blog.walshie.me/2011/04/04/so-who-w...like-right-now/

In short:

1. Download 2 files:Windows Phone Support ToolsandChevronWP7.Updater
2. Install Windows Phone Support Tools and unpack ChevronWP7.Updater
3. We connect the phone and wait 30 seconds at the same time we look at the installed language in the phone
4. Actually launch Chevron Updater and select a number from the menu corresponding to your language in the phone.
5. We are waiting)

If you are upgrading from version 7004 you need to run the update 2 times, because Initially put preNoDo

Post has been editedMCKool - 04.04.11, 22:43

Rep: (15)
Will NoDo go to HD2? : rolleyes:

-BuPyC-,
readHTC HD2 - WP7 FAQ

Rep: (9)
Chris Walshie described the new universal way by which you can get NoDo. This method does not depend on whether your device is locked to the operator or not. It does not matter whether the pre-update is installed, as well as the model and manufacturer. The only restriction, the default language in the system must be one of:
English (US)
English (UK)
French
Italian
Spanish
German

Default language settings can be found in Settings>Keyboard. If you have another language, you should NOT use this method.
Download Windows Phone Support Tools for a 32-bit system or for a 64-bit one.
Next download ChevronWP7.Updater, 32-bit version or 64-bit.
Install Windows Phone Support Tools on your computer
Unzip the zip-archive from ChevronWP7.Updater to your computer
Connect phone to computer via USB and wait 30 seconds
Run ChevronWP7.Updater.exe (this should kill Zune)
If you are updating from build 7004, you need to run Updater twice (the first attempt will install a pre-update)
At the request of ChevronWP7.Updater, your phone will restart, at this moment it is NOT possible to disconnect the phone from the computer.
On the display of your device you will see an update screen with progress (as in the picture). In the console window, ChevronWP7.Updater will tell you that the update has been installed, then the window will close and the Home Screen will load on the phone.
Now the device can be disabled. Update installed.

I installed myself and the bootloader remained 1.25, i.e. the telephone remained from the T-mobile.

BUT I WANT TO ADD THAT

Erik Hautala, general manager of the Customer Experience Engineering program at Microsoft, posted a blog post warning that users shouldn’t use the hacker’s NoDo update. He's writing:

We are carefully trying to complete this work as quickly as possible. However, I noticed that some of you resort to third-party methods that allow you to immediately update your phone. As an engineer and a big fan of gadgets, I fully understand you. You want to use new technologies and are tired of waiting. Believe me, I understood.

But I strongly advise: wait. No one knows what will happen to your phone when you try to upgrade to workarounds, because we have not fully tested these methods. You may receive an update that is not appropriate for your phone model, i.e. not at all what we provide in the officially available final version. Or your phone will be configured incorrectly and will not be able to receive subsequent updates.

Moreover, the phone may stop functioning normally. Conclusion: updating the phone with workarounds is not entirely legal and can void your warranty on the phone. Over the past few weeks we have done a lot, and I ask you to wait a bit until the official notification about the availability of the update appears.

What is interesting, unlike the recent rumor, Hautala does not specify what kind of damage a compulsory update can do to the phone and says only that they haven’t tested anything there and this can cause a lot of problems. Looks like a simple customer care.

Download:
Windows Phone Support Tools (32 bit) -Attached fileWPSupportTool_x86.msi(9.62 MB)

Windows Phone Support Tools (64 bit) -Attached fileWPSupportTool_amd64.msi(14.19 MB)

ChevronWP7.Updater (32 bit) -Attached fileChevronWP7.Updater.x86.zip(42.9 KB)

ChevronWP7.Updater (64 bit) -Attached fileChevronWP7.Updater.x64.zip(42.82 KB)

Fix for Walshed devices -Update NODO for T-mobile and others (Post # 7549587)

Post has been editedalex - 16.05.11, 19:11

Fix for communicators updated in this way -http://blog.walshie.me/walshed-phone-suppo...u-back-on-track

A small instruction on the use of the utility:
  1. Download and install Windows Phone Support Tools,
  2. Unzip the "Walshed" Phone Support Tool and run WPST.exe.
  3. You must very carefully select the language installed on your phone, then click "Continue". After this action, your "Walshed" unit will be fixed and will return to the rails of official updates.
  4. Once completed, try upgrading with Zune. If you post a message about the need to upgrade to build 7392, then everything is fine. Otherwise, you also have nothing to worry about, this means that your operator has not yet started sending out an update.

Download:
Windows Phone Support Tools (32 bit) -http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/5...ortTool-x86.msi
Windows Phone Support Tools (64 bit) -http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/5...tTool-amd64.msi
"Walshed" Phone Support Tool (32 bit) -http://blog.walshie.me/Share/WPST_x86_2.zip
"Walshed" Phone Support Tool (64 bit) -http://blog.walshie.me/Share/WPST_x64_2.zip

Post has been editedalex - 16.05.11, 19:04

Rep: (108)
Denominator77 @ 03/28/2011, 9:30 PM*
Turn off WiFi in the phone settings (do not turn on the FLIGHT MODE!)
Run Zune (if it did not start in step 2)
Open the settings of the operator in the phone (Settings>Cellular) and leave them open.
Run the update in Zune (Settings>Phone>Update)
An important step!
After a few seconds (about 10-15 seconds for me), turn off the Data connection in the open settings of the operator in the phone.
There should be an update.
If this does not work, repeat steps 6 and 7, changing the delay before disconnecting the Data connection in the phone settings. Before each replay, do not forget to turn on the Data connection in the phone again.

Please add a fix to the instructions.

Item 3. Turn on the Settings mode.>>FilightMode ON !!!
Item 4. Start the update in Zune (Settings>>Phone>>Update)
And everything will be OK, and there is no need to shamanize with anything.

LG E900 Optimus 7 normal flight, updated the first time!

P.S. The author of the topic probably did not carefully read the instructions in Englishhttp://dawnrazrblade.blogspot.com/2011/03/...odo-update.html

Post has been editedbitmaker - 31.05.11, 17:35

Rep: (244)
M
The topic is cleaned of flooding, closed and remains as a museum exhibit on the history of Windows Phone.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/12/19, 09:20