ViewSonic ViewPad 10s - Discussion

Rep: (5)
DiscussionViewSonic ViewPad 10s
PictureViewSonic ViewPad 10s
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedMagnifikus - 10.08.17, 10:50
Reason for editing: FAQ

Rep: (81)
FAQ

FAQ
Q I want to get where.?
A There is a search .. hammer and choose ..
A warning! Check with the seller! The specifications may indicate 3G and GPS.
But, the 10s currently on sale can be without 3G for sure without GPS
http://www.flashcom.ru/
http://www.nix.ru/
http://www.forum3.ru/
http://www.ogo1.ru/
http://price.ru/offers?query=viewpad+10s&a...cat=010401-0412
http://www.compumir.ru/catalogitem/38464/p...viewpad10s.html
Well, in the retail network are already present .. through CCC (mobile phone stores)
The price tag is about 12-15 thousand rubles
The main discussion of the purchase in the sectionPurchase

Q Analogs, similar devices.
A One of the first - a tablet on Shuttle P10AN01 (OEM).
Now many manufacturers release under their own name:
Advent Vega Tablet- There is a branch onsavagemessiahzine.com, plus intense community onhttp://android.modaco.com
FlatPad A10W
Point of View Mobii Tegra Tablet
DreamBook ePad P10 3Dui
Art Rie UX100 etc. everything built on a platform from NV Tegra 2 (Not to be confused simply with Tegra)

Q The amount of internal and RAM 512MB, is not enough?
A According to information kindly provided account7 it turns out that in this tablet there is only 307.12 Mb of ROM memory for installing applications and their data with the official firmware installed.
A little bit about the type of memory in your device ..
They don’t put anything on RAM (RAM), RAM is fast memory, it is needed for programs to work. After turning off the power, all information on it is lost. ROM non-volatile (NAND) memory (after turning off the power all information is stored on it), we have the entire system on it, this is the so-called firmware and data section where all programs are installed, if we increase ROM memory, there will accordingly be more space for the system and data. (Thankrrs ) This of course is not so much and you can not do without using the installation on an sd card in the future.
Can I replace it with 1GB? I mean in it the laptop RAM is, can I increase it to 1GB myself? No .. only in the SC and then under a big ???.
But on the other hand, already on Android 2.2 there is a built-in function for transferring applications to a USB flash drive (CD).

Q Is the flash drive included?
A Yes. It should be 16 GB .. check when buying !!!
Will an external 32Gb flash drive read? What file system?
Yes, it reads: FAT-FAT16-FAT32 .. But on alternative firmware and NTFS.

Q In the reviews they write that the screen is of medium quality (weak viewing angles) ..
A The display is not IPS, MVA, PVA. Compared to non-matte matte - the better - the worse. Response time (from different sources) 12-20 ms. We look: ViewSonic ViewPad 10s - Discussion (Post # 6996022)
- By the way, from experienceSimba21 in the sun, the apple display looks exactly the same as on the ViewPad 10s. You can’t see anything on both, but it’s worth a little shade, as you can see on one and the other.
ViewPad 10s have lame viewing angles, especially over-down already from 15-20 grd .. Although you start to use it, you stop noticing, somehow you adapt

Q Can I overclock the processor?
A Can. But you should know that this is possible only on alternative firmware with (correct the kernel) - See .. topic firmware
and by installing programs to overclock the processor .. SetCPU, Master .. See .. sectionSoftware
And it should be remembered that not all processes are the same .. One can keep 1800 even without problems, and the other stumbles for 1200 already, the process is delicate, but you should not be upset by this:
It should be noted that this sonic, and without overclocking, not only does not concede to a more sophisticated and expensive tablet, but also often does it:
Motorola XOOM (MZ600) ------ ViewSonic ViewPad 10s
OS / Firmware Version: 3.0 ------- OS / Firmware Version: 2.2
Total: 2356 ------- 2487
CPU: 7475 ------- 7778
Memory: 2484 ------- 2632
I / O: 1040 ------- 1189
2D: 85 ------- 221
3D: 698 ------- 616
My result is overclocking .. the process is up to 1400 Mg:
The result corresponds to .. In the "Square" - 3180 (average), in the "Bechmark" - 4300 ..

Q Is there flash support? is coming?
A There is. Built in nVidea Tegra CPU specific Flash Player (20101210_v10.1.120.10_release_signed)
Flash is everywhere. Video from Yandex video, from a contact .. everything plays .. flash games with rambler - they are played without noticeable brakes.
V 10.3 has long been hanging on the market

Q USB firmware upgrade cable A (male) to A (male)? I have not included ..
A There is no cable in the delivery. Buy or do it yourself .. (dad dad)
People, I found a VERY SIMPLE way out of the situation with regard to cable, we buy dad-mom cable, remove metal protection from mom and you get dad-dad.
- It seems they wrote that if the cable is long, then the computer will not see the tablet. Is this true or not? Yes. Meets, try not to use cable>30-60 cm. I decided to replace the cable. I personally have a 1.8 meter cable, very high-quality, with filters, but I saw it only when connected to usb behind the system unit. on front usb did not go.
See .. topic informationFirmware

Q Who tested the battery? In different, in different ways, they wrote 4 hours, I wonder about the time of work ..
A My personal experience with measurements and timing:
The real time of work perelivaet declared time. Usually everyone likes to “decorate” a little .. but here ... I drove the Internet through WF - my time is 9 hours and 15 minutes.
Add: 2nd prgon. I caught up to 1% .. The total operating time (with% glitch) is 9 hours 30 minutes .. I repeat, I drove the aircraft 10s for the 2nd time, the first was without a glitch with%, the time is 9h 15 minutes I will probably repeat it .. with on. WiFi and surf .. and online video viewing ..
- As for the battery, who was interested - yesterday we got a mini test - birds - 34 minutes of the game - 7% was spent. Then 10 and a half minutes of watching the movie - another 3% was spent. You can roughly estimate that the birds - for about 8 hours, films - for about 5 and a half hours.
- In suspend, it took 5% per night, this is not bad
- The battery worked as it should after the buildup, 2-3 full charge-discharge cycles and we get 100% battery capacity. Do not forget this (many say that this is not necessary .. decide for yourself). I tested the battery consumption for almost 8 hours in mixed mode, a waffle, a bird's game, surfing the Internet and downloading, music online radio.

Q And video calls are made by skype or what?
A There are no video calls on Skype on Android yet.
- Video calls are currently supported by the latest version of Fring, OOVOO (up to 8 people at a time), GoogleTalk.
Details in the sectionAndroid - Programs

Q Is there a docking station for 10C? What is it like?
A Dock station not included, but in stock. Many simply use usbhab for 2-4 outputs for the keyboard and mouse, everything works. (the functionality is almost the same, but cheaper)

Q 1080p & 720p high quality video is not going very smoothly. Why? What would you recommend a video player to play video?
A There is no full support at the hardware level (hardware support profiles are not embedded), as NVidia should do it, but apparently not everything is smooth.
What would you recommend a video player to play video?
See .. in the subjectAndroid - Programs1. yxplayer 2. VPlayer 3. RockPlayer Univer .. etc. Choose you. So far, you still have to convert the video .. to HD720, otherwise all the rips are in 1080 ..
Envelopes: 1. Mp4ForHD or 2. Ultra Video Converter (there is support for rus)
For comparison, see the trailers which profiles to use .. <a href = "http://www.h264info.com/clips.html" target = "_ blank">http://www.h264info.com/clips.html</ a>
This topic describes how to configure HandBrake and there is a ready-made profile:Handbrake Profile for the Vega.
General reference toenvelopes..

Q Artifacts appear on the screen, thin horizontal stripes, most often in games.
A Striped artifacts .. (well, they’re not only in games) mainly in games, in players. The software problem is more likely for Tegra. This is treated simply by changing the video player.
- For those who have white stripes while watching a flash video, put this version of the player.
1) Remove the installed flash player
2) Reboot
3) We put a newhttp://www.fileserve.com/file/JHnNXaN

Useful information
  • Official description
    Tablet computer: ViewSonic 10s (there are versions of ViewSonic 10s 3G, with a modem)
    Company: "ViewSonic.com", USA .. as if .., but the main producer is mainland China.
    Company Offsite:viewsonic.com
    Production: Components, like the device itself, are assembled on the territory of mainland China.
    Brief description: The device is built on the basis of dual-core processor Cortex A9 / Tegra 250 and runs on Android 2.2 (Froyo, kernel 2.6.32). As the memory is used in the plate 512 MB and 512 MB DDR2 NAND memory. To expand the storage capacity in the system is available slot for microSD memory cards, and to connect, there are Wi-Fi b / g adapter, USB 2.0 port and HDMI. A capacitive touch screen size of 10.1 "has a resolution of 1024x600 pixels. Additionally, the front panel has a 1.3 megapixel sensor webcam. Supplied plate 3300 mAh battery.
    Product specificationshttp: //in.viewsonic.com...ad10s/specs.php
    WARRANTY: 12 months. product seller
    Packing: High-quality cardboard, gloss, with a brief description of the product and instructions for upgrading the firmware for 3 languages ​​.. and trade information
    Options: Tablet, charger, SD card class 4 16 GB .. (check for availability .. all the same, its price is at least 1000-1200 r)
    Build quality: By 10 points. scale: 9-9.5 points. Case - high-quality plastic, thin black, gloss ..
    10.1 "screen
    Diagonal: 25.9 cm 10.1 "polymer glass
    Resolution: 1024x600
    Touch screen type: capacitive
    Multi-touch: Yes, 2 touches
    TEGRA system
    Operating system: Android 2.2 (there is no information about the manufacturer’s refusal to further upgrade to version 3.0)
    Processor / Chipset: NVIDIA Tegra 250 with Cortex A9 Dual-Core CPU (40nm technology)
    Processor frequency: 1000 MHz
    Support 2 / 3D in TEGER 2:
    NVIDIA graphics technology delivers full Flash acceleration
    OpenGL ES 2.0 (2-fold increase in performance when working with 3D graphics compared to the previous generation of Tegra), programmable pixel shaders, programmable vertex and light shaders
    Multimedia data in Full HD:
    - Decoding video format 1080p H.264 / VC-1 / MPEG-4 (but not fully implemented)
    - Encoding 1080p H.264 video simple profile (but not fully implemented yet)
    Camera sensor support up to 12 megapixels
    Display Subsystem: Full-featured dual display support
    Maximum supported display resolution:
    1080p (1920x1080) HDMI 1.3
    WSXGA + (1680x1050) LCD
    UXGA (1600x1200) CRT
    TV output NTSC / PAL
    Platform Specification LinkTegra 2 (250)

Memory
    The size of RAM: 512 MB
    RAM type: 32-bit LP-DDR2 frequency - 667 MHz
    NAND Internal Memory Size: 512 MB
    * Immediately add that the memory is not "notebook", the extension to 1024 MB (+ 800 MHz) is only in the SC (the specification of the Tegra 250 supports)

Support for memory cards: microSD, up to 32 GB, up to grade 10

Wireless connection
    Wi-Fi: 802.11b / g Wi-Fi standard, 1 antenna
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, A2DP profile

Operation in cell phone mode is not provided for in this model
    * 1. But it is possible to install a supported model mini PCI-E modem and SIM card slot in the SC (wiring / connectors and seats on the motherboard for an upgrade)
    Camera
    Front webcam: The number of megapixels of the front camera 1.3
    Rear camera: No

Functionality
    Automatic screen orientation - 16 bit accelerometer (G-sensor), 12C interface

Audio
    Audio codec: Realtek ALC5624 5mW, but objectively the sound is better than on PoV ...
    Built-in speaker: 2 to 1.5 W, stereo
    Built-in microphone: Yes

Connection
    Computer connection: USB
    Connecting external devices: via USB in host mode (default)
    Number of connectors: USB 2.0 Type A full size, HSUPA support, qty 1
    Connecting to a TV / monitor: HDMI (cable not included)
    Audio / Headphone Output: 3.5 Jet
    Proof (sold separately): Support: Power, HDMI, 3xUSB, audio out. 3.5 / input ..

Nutrition
    Li-Polimer battery: 3300 mAh, 7.4 v, full charge time 4-4.5 hours, operating time up to 7.5 hours in use and up to 9 days in sleep mode.

Dimensions and weight
    Weight: 730 g
    Dimensions: 275.5 x 178.5 x 14.5 mm

Similar Tablet PCs: ViewSonic 10s 3G, PoV, Advent Vega, ViewSonic G Tab, etc.

• Information and software from .. (tested on VS10s programs and games)
    List of available software on stock firmware 1.10 ViewSonic ViewPad 10s (3g).
    1. App Center
    2. AppDownload
    3. Fring ("Community" in the image of Skipe)
    4. IFileManager
    5. TaskManager
    6. TPUtility
    7. UserGuade (User manual in HTML form)
    As well as shortcuts
    1. Browser (What browser is not clear)
    2. Gallery
    3. Voice Recorder
    4. Settings
    5. Calendar
    6. Calculator
    7. Camera
    8. Music
    9. Write a letter
    10. Search
    11. Watch

General: Software for Android:Android - Programs
    General: Games for Android:Android - Games
    Due to the fact that there is enough discussion of software and games ... there will be:
    1 * - What goes intofinefull screen (1024x600)
    2 * - Optimization for Tegra 2 (for 2 proces and our video accelerator)
    Write to me in the LAN .. I will add 1 * and 2 * to that section according to these criteria .. Thank you in advance.

• Market Installation
    Original post:here
    Download the filemarket_update2.zip
    Installation:
    1) Menu>Settings>Software update>market_update2.zip. Reboot the device.
    2) Clearing caches: Android Market and Google Services Framework (cache and data)
    3) Reboot the device.

• How to get RUT (ROOT) -right on the device
    For VS 10s, Vegu clones, POV, etc., I root this with this:
    Visionary One Click Root, available with z4root
    But .. I use - The latest and best version of the program for managing ROOT rights:В® Superuser
    File manager for Root user to edit adding and changing file systems:В® Root Explorer

• Installing ClockWorkMod
    Full information in the topic "Firmware"VS 10s under" Instructions "

• Solving problems of the G-sensor (mainly in games)
    Who will help take up this section more fully?
    1. Install Clockwork Recovery Mode.
    Write to patch SD cardVega_HighResGallery_And_Rotation_Fix.zip. (from here)
    Details see .. hereG-sensor
    !!! After the patch, Adobe Flash Player is advised to reinstall (described here).
    But now, on all alternative firmware patch fix is ​​already built in, you can just roll one of the sectionsfirmware..

• Solving the problem of displaying% battery
    1st method:
    I calibrate the battery so, first I turned off the tablet, then I turn it on without charging until the indicator stops blinking, and I turn off the charge I turn on the tablet, I delete the data / system / batterystats.bin file after I reload it, and the batterystats.bin file can also be deleted from advanced recovery>wipe battery stats. After calibration, many will wait one time until they are completely discharged, after that only charge. Calibration is preferably done after each flashing. (from rss)
    2nd method (software)
    Install a small prog ..:BatteryCalibration.apk(15.76 KB)
    - install
    - charge at 100% - run prog .. BatteryCalibration and perform calibration
    - do this constantly when charging 100% (i.e. we constantly overwrite the battery statistics file, as if emulating the firmware, because this file is updated with the firmware)
    3rd method (from Corvus xda-modaco)
    1) Charging the battery to 100% (shows 100%)
    2) After 100%, stop, disconnect and reconnect the power. Wait until the blue LED is lit steadily.
    3) After that, boot into CWM, from root, and delete the battery statistics (as the 1st method)
    4) After that, load the tablet and leave it until it turns off-discharge to 0 (I use setcpu and stresstest from the F processor on 1.4G with WiFi and BT on .. or video run. It lasts ~ 4 hours)
    5) After that, charge the device again to 100%.
    I did this and now it works fine.
    Corvus

• Display calibration (touch)
    1. Firstly, a simple recommendation for operation - do not wipe it during operation (only in the off state).
    2. Do not touch the display while loading the OS and turning it off.
    3. After updating the firmware and fully loading the Android OS, do not touch the display for a second. 15-20 .. The process of auto-calibration by the built-in program can go.
    After installation, during operation, it is possible that the touchscreen does not respond to touch, does not work properly 1/3 or 1/4: Run the calibration program, it is built into the OS. If the screen does not respond at all, then you need to connect a USB mouse (simpler) and, as in the good old Windows, get to the program shortcut>program table>TP Utility>run it .. (the marker on the desktop will be in the form +)

• Enable AD-HOC Connection Support
    The easiest way: It was possible to put MoDaCo R8 through the kitchen with the choice of ad-hoc support, according to version (v0.5.11) wpa_su ... do not differ from Vega, so everything works ..
    You can simply replace the file on the device via Explorer that supports overwriting (using the ROOT | ROM Explouer type), but be sure to save the native file on SD .. It should be remembered .. the grid will be without any encryption, come on-not-want ..
    P.S. All the latest and not quite mobile phones can already work in Hot (Direct) mode with encryption, so the efforts to edit wpa-supllic .. do not justify themselves, but this is your business.

• How to call, send SMS from a tablet.?
    One of the options. From userArleckin "Calls from our tablet."
    The best result was shown by such a bunch:
    base advent vega 1.10,
    Buzz Vega core
    usb pack from r8 MoDaCo,
    Phone.apk and TelephonyProvider.apk from surfer 360,
    fixed gps.conf

We will need surfer firmware360 set, we root the tablet and RootExplorer we copy to the Phone.apk and TelephonyProvider.apk card (that's all, we don’t need this firmware anymore)
    P.S. Or you can just tear out the apk data from the image file of this firmware and copy it to the card ..
    Install firmwareadvent vega 1.10putClockwork recovery, through it we setBuzz vega, root the RootExplorer tablet, copy from the Phone.apk and TelephonyProvider.apk cards to system \ app \
    edit gps.conf is not necessary, but if you need full info onsavagemessiahzine.com
    next, setDialer one, cling on BT to the headset, and actually everything, call ...
    Of course you need a BT headset ..
    "Extreme" by the horos:
    To disassemble - four screws and 20 latches (screws under the rubber plugs). I disassembled the modem, soldered the USB connector and soldered it to the existing connector through the USB hub, I did not directly decide because it is also not an electronic engineer. He brought a tiny button to the end to open the power, in case the whistle rebooted. Everything. I use extended controls where it is possible to enable or disable apn. Now the network icon is constantly on and the balance is checked and you can call and send SMS. Here.

• The way to launch 3G modems (Huawei)
    We bring the modem:
    1. Downloadterminal.zip(38.95 KB), installed and run the "Terminal"
    2. Select "HUAWEI Mobile Connect - 3G PC UI Interface"
    3. Click "Connect"
    4. In the bottom line, write the AT command, press ENTER, the modem should write "OK" in response
    5. Now enter the desired command:
    AT ^ U2DIAG = 0 (device in modem only mode)
    AT ^ U2DIAG = 1 (device in modem mode + CD-ROM)
    AT ^ U2DIAG = 255 (device in modem mode + CD-ROM + Card Reader)
    AT ^ U2DIAG = 256 (device in modem + Card Reader mode, you can use it as a regular USB flash drive, refusing to install modem drivers)
    AT ^ CARDLOCK = "<Your NCK code>"
    P.S. WE ENTER THE TEAM ONLY WHAT IT IS NECESSARY (1), everything is not necessary!
    6. Press ENTER
    7. Then click Disconnect and distort the modem.
    Find out the firmware version of modems from HUAWEI- command: ATI
    From myself .. We discussed on the forums that it doesn’t plow with firmware V 11.608.12.10.20.209, I need to change it to 11.608.12.00.143 ... I don’t know I have this firmware I have 1550go and everything is fine ..
    By analogy, you can try on other modems ..
    1. USB should be in host mode (it is by default)
    2. USB Debugging Mode - Enabled
    3. The PIN code check is disabled in the modem (insert SIM in any mobi and, through its menu, disable PIN verification on SIM cards)
    4. From the Market, download and install the programQuick settings
    5. We go, we press "Mobile data"
    6. We put a daw "3G and GPS power on"
    7. Go to the "Access Points (APN)"
    8. Through the "Menu" (in the notification panel (above). At the bottom of the menu on which we click "New access point".
    9. In the window, fill in the items:
    1. Name: any name for your connection
    2. APN: internet.mts.ru (mts) internet.beeline.ru (beeline) internet (megaphone)
    3. Username: mts (mts) beeline (beeline) gdata (megaphone)
    4. Password: mts (mts) beeline (beeline) gdata (megaphone)
    5. MCC: 250 (for Russia)
    6. MNC: 01 (pay), 99 (beeline) 02 (megaphone) The rest do not touch.
    10. Once again, click on the top "menu" and save the profile with the button that appears below.
    The window will close and the modem should immediately find and enter the network.
    Using native Hyper Terminal under Windows XP (for Windows7 you need to download it). (from xFactor )
    1) Connect the modem to a PC running Windows and make sure that it works.
    2) Save all files contained in the virtual modem CD.
    3) Disconnect the computer from the network and the Internet and run the Hyper Terminal program.
    Hyper Terminal is located in the Start section.>Programs>Standard>Connection>Hyper Terminal - (in Windows XP, but for Windows7 you need to download it).
    4) In the "Connection Description" window, write any name, say "Huawei", and press ENTER. We are waiting for the "Connection" window. In his last column “Connect via” you need to select “HUAWEI Mobile Connect - 3G Modem” and click OK.
    The next window with phone numbers and other parameters should be simply closed by clicking the "Cancel" button.
    5) Now on the program panel, click the last button "Properties":
    And in the opened window "Properties: modem" go to the tab "Parameters:
    Click the "ASCII Parameters" button:
    Put a tick in the second from the top column "Display the characters entered on the screen."
    Click OK. The top window closes. Click OK. The last window will close and the cursor will flash in the main window of the program.
    6) Turn on CAPS LOCK and print the AT command. Press ENTER. The answer appears: OK. So the connection with the modem is established. We enter one of the following commands:
    AT ^ U2DIAG = 0 (device in modem only mode)
    AT ^ U2DIAG = 1 (device in modem mode + CD-ROM)
    AT ^ U2DIAG = 255 (device in modem mode + CD-ROM + Card Reader)
    AT ^ U2DIAG = 256 (device modem + Card Reader).
    For the modem to work successfully in the tablet, you need to use the AT ^ U2DIAG = 0 command and put it into "only modem" mode. Having entered the command, press ENTER, and in response we see OK.
    Close the Hyper Terminal window by answering "YES" to the offer to terminate the communication session and refusing to save the connection.
    7) Make sure that CD-ROM emulation is disabled. To do this, disconnect the modem from the USB port and reconnect to the same port. The "new" CD-ROM should not appear in My Computer - only those that actually exist.
    If it becomes necessary to return the modem to its original state, you must repeat the whole procedure, but with the command AT ^ U2DIAG = 255 (the device is in modem mode + CD-ROM + Card Reader).
    Repeat: "Extreme" by the horos:
    To disassemble - four screws and 20 latches (screws under the rubber plugs). I disassembled the modem, soldered the USB connector and soldered it to the existing connector through the USB hub, I did not directly decide because it is also not an electronic engineer. He brought a tiny button to the end to open the power, in case the whistle rebooted. Everything. I use extended controls where it is possible to enable or disable apn. Now the network icon is constantly on and the balance is checked and you can call and send SMS.

• We connect external GPS
    Who will help, undertake to fully cover this section?
    Option one one: Tablet firmware stock 1.10.
    Need a mobile with GPS-A, a program for mobile: Summartic ExtGPS (it's on jave), a program for ViewSonic - Bluetooth GPS provider (latest version from the market). Run both. The mobile phone should hook the satellites with its GPS, and the tablet via BT. If the tablet is connected, on the screen in the Bluetooth GPS provider we will see the signal levels from the satellite. Well and further ... Google Maps or what interests ..
    And on our utility forum:
    GPS on the Acer E101, GPS on the Acer E101
    Acer neoTouch / F1 / S200, Only discussion of GPS functions
    Who will need: navigation "Seven roads"(Free).

• We connect external media: Flash, HDD, jost & pad ..

Who will help take up this section?
    Connect USB stick / USB HDD ext2
    Temporary link to interestinginfo.. fromrss
    P.S. A500 device from Acer

• How to disassemble a device, install a 3G modem and a SIM slot

FromArleckin a small guide on modems and firmware working with them

3G support in stock firmware:
    SURFER 360 - Huawei, Ericsson, ZTE
    Point of View Mobii TEGRA Tablet 10.1 '' - Huawei, ZTE
    ViewSonic ViewPad 10s - Huawei, Ericsson
    Advent Vega - Huawei, Ericsson

3G support in custom firmware:
    Corvus5 SP1 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM) is not the best choice for a 3G modem, there are no modem drivers in the kernel, they are installed in a separate patch
    r8 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega with Online Kitchen - the mod is based on firmware 1.09 Advent Vega (ZTE modems will never work)
    Fuji-Vega Modded Rom - Corvus based firmware, core overkill to support 3G, but overall performance depressing
    Ganbaro ROM - firmware based on SURFER 360, most suitable for working with 3G, there is 1 important but, the author has messed up flash video support for "not optimized for mobile devices"
    CyanogenMod 7 - firmware with ported modem drivers from other devices, from build 117 there is stable 3G operation, but stable firmware, with all modems, has not yet been detected
    VegaComb - 3G modems work only Huawei, data fact is growingfrom here, support for other modems is not observed

it is worth specifying the core of Buzz Vega separately - the kernel implements drivers for most 3G modems, is installed on all 2.2 custom firmware
    And what's inside:photo from Scoundrel
    Myfastingby PoV (the filling with VS 10s is the same, the difference is only in the location of 4 screws and the number of latches-latches (12 to 20 on VS))
    Comparison with and without a PCI modem, there are no differences between PoV and VS 10s://savagemessiahzine.com/ forum / 6714460
    Repeat: "Extreme" by the horos:
    To disassemble - four screws and 20 latches (screws under the rubber plugs). I disassembled the modem, soldered the USB connector and soldered it to the existing connector through the USB hub, I did not directly decide because it is also not an electronic engineer. He brought a tiny button to the end to open the power, in case the whistle rebooted. Everything. I use extended controls where it is possible to enable or disable apn. Now the network icon is constantly on and the balance is checked and you can call and send SMS.
    Where to buy (get) a mini PCI-E modem.
    http: //shop.ebay.PCI-E modem
    http://shop.ebay.com/Mini-PCI&Ericsson
    You drive into the search and 3G Mini-PCI modem Ericsson F3307 one of the options>http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrom...+Ericsson+F3307
    "Remarks" fromArleckin
    On the Ericsson F3307 / F3308 modem, my method does not work, I also emphasize that Phone.apk and TelephonyProvider.apk from surfer 360 normally work only on Huawei modems (these are the modems set by the manufacturer), performance on ZTE and Ericsson modems is not guaranteed, also I emphasize that the platform, in principle, does not support Sierra Wireless modems (all series)
    SIM slot. With regards to this point, it is worth pointing out that the configuration of the new Views since April of this year does not include a receiver with a modem connector

Post has been editedMagnifikus - 10.08.17, 10:50
Reason for editing: In the header

Rep: (12)
This tablet has appeared in the NIX store, I want to buy it. But it stops the amount of internal and RAM memory of 512 MB. Who bought it, write it off is critical. What is it with Flash 10.1. The presence of AndroidMarket.

If you believe the information on this link -http://hi-tech.mail.ru/news/misc/viewsonic_viewpad_10s.html, then the firmware based on Android 3.0 will be released.

Rep: (19)
and where he took, if not a secret and what is the price, yesterday he himself became interested in this tablet

Yes, a lot has already appeared, here offhand:

http://www.flashcom.ru/
http://www.nix.ru/
http://www.forum3.ru/
http://www.ogo1.ru/

Well, on price.ru many will soon have -http://price.ru/offers?query=viewpad+10s&a...cat=010401-0412
The price tag is about 15 thousand rubles and further, depending on how much the seller wants to eat.

512 internal memory ......... At the daughter of viewpad 7, I put the application on a USB flash drive ........ but when installing a certain amount, it says that there is not enough memory in the device, even SMSki refuses to accept. Interesting here is the same situation?

Rep: (1312)
K_off @ 03/11/2011, 9:22 PM*
512 internal memory ......... At the daughter of viewpad 7, I put the application on a USB flash drive ........ but when installing a certain amount, it says that there is not enough memory in the device, even SMSki refuses to accept. Interesting here is the same situation?

I think yes, but on the other hand, Android 2.2 has a built-in function for transferring applications to a USB flash drive

Although it is embarrassing that the tablet on Tegra2 and the third-party app2sd function, which has already been run on smartphones, will have to be finished. On other devices with Tegra2, mounting a flash drive is done a little non-standard (with shutdown, if the device goes into sleep mode)

zyuyu
And also note that on the Russian site in the specifications indicated 3G and GPS
But, now available 10s - go without 3G for sure and most likely without GPS

Post has been edited5 [Strogino] - 11.03.11, 21:35

5 [Strogino],
So I transfer the application to the USB flash drive using this function, but probably part of it still remains on the internal memory.
As for 3G and GPS, I just don’t need them. I won’t carry it further than the apartment. And I do not need a rear camera. It would seem that what is needed for me ....... and they planted such a pig with memory.
Probably Asus Transformer will have to wait.

There is still digitalshop.ru and the price seems to be cheaper

Post has been editedartmak76 - 12.03.11, 07:25

Well, he doesn’t cost 20 pieces, he used it for a week, 7 starter starter why is it necessary with such iron, the adroid is also somehow crooked ... in general + 5 thousand per brand ...

But what does the seven stand on it? And the price tag is within 15 thousand, you do not accidentally confuse 10s with the usual 10?

: yes2:
Accidentally confuses ........ When will the reviews be?

Rep: (4)
Only the pancake caught fire, was going to take it, as it was broken off by the fact that there are no 3g and gps

I would like to know from the owners of the device how the sensations from the device, how the screen behaves, what about the battery, is there a market

The description says "512MB DDR 2 RAM." And can I replace it with 1GB? Does it mean the laptop RAM?

Rep: (1312)
K_off @ 03/13/2011, 09:08*
The description says "512MB DDR 2 RAM." And can I replace it with 1GB? Does it mean the laptop RAM?

Is not a fact. We only find out when any of the owners put out the "insides"

Viewsonic stuffing probably from viewpad 7 left ... except for the processor of course: rolleyes:

Rep: (9)
1. ViewSonic VPAD10s Tegra250 / 512Mb DDR2 / 512Mb / mSD 16Gb / WiFi / BT / camera / Android 2.2 / 10 "Tablet LED multitouch (1024x600) - eldorado77.ru
2. 3G HSDPA 7.2MBps HSUPA 5.76MBps (only for 3G + WiFi models) GPS Yes, combined with the 3G module - verba.ru
Yeah ..... we’ll see, but without 3G it’s expensive ... but the GPS sensor can definitely be used externally using the Digma BM120 GPS receiver 1.5tr. it will be somehow better than any built-in.

Rep: (4)
Tell me whether it is possible to put W7 on it, as on the version without = S = or is it somehow hardware limited?

Rep: (9)
NO SEVEN !! with and without letters - two completely different devices !! with a beech "s" - on the tegra, but no windows can be set on the tegra !!

Vievsonik only people confuse this letter "s". I would call it somehow differently - there would be no problems

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 18/02/20, 13:53