> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Catalog of Android programs

Lingo Quiz | learn foreign words

Rep: (30)
Lingo quiz
version: 1.6 Lite

Last update of the program in the header:29.04.2013

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Short description:
Learn foreign words.

Description:
Lingo Quiz is a card-based language learning program for advanced users who want to break the boundaries of fixed dictionaries but don’t want to type words and translations manually.
Import words from anywhere, translate them on the fly, and learn using a variety of learning methods. It’s so simple to open a website or book in the language you are learning and import all the contents into a personal dictionary! Automatic translation will protect you from finding the right translation and driving it into the dictionary, and a reminder service will allow you to create your own study plan.
The application comes with different interface languages ​​and a set of dictionaries for the most popular languages, such as English (IELTS), Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French, German,Russian , Czech, Polish.

+ Mandatory core functionality
+ Automation of adding words and translations
+ Powerful set of predefined dictionaries
+ Support for many languages ​​to learn
+ Support for multiple interface languages
+ Voice acting by means of Android
+ Progress Statistics
+ Schedule
+ Nice and positive interface

Changes in version 1.6:

[+] Data backup via SD Card / Dropbox
[+] Setting the word distribution to learn
[+] Notification suspension period
[+] Transfer through ABBYY Lingvo (APP)
[+] The ability to mark a word as learned
[+] The ability to repeat only incorrect answers
[+] The ability to ignore typos
[+] Scrolling Word Cards
[+] Culture-dependent comparison of input responses
[+] Improving statistics for dictionaries
[~] New Lows for Learning Options
[~] Sort words in descending order of creation time
[~] Correction of an error when turning the screen on ICS
[~] Correction of a random translation selection error
[~] Fix TTS Initialization Error

Change history
Changes in version 1.5:
[+] Widgets in two sizes
[+] Voice of the studied words
[+] Yandex Translation (Ru)
[+] Integration with Abbyy Lingvo
[+] Twitter Case Studies
[+] Entering transcription / notes
[+] Moving a word between dictionaries
[+] Spanish localization (Eugenio 'Ryo567' MartРЅnez)
[~] Sound effects when answering
[~] Click area correction for translation icons
[x] Remove Ads
Changes in version 1.4:
[+] Editing a word from a card
[+] Transition to a word during training
[+] Flashcard Exchange Support
[+] Quizlet Support
[+] Integration with GoldenDict
[+] Integration with Translate (by Google)
[~] Correction of the choice of the "Remember answer" type in the schedule
[~] Correction of the choice of random translations for training
[~] Correction of import from Lingvo Tutor files
[~] Correction of the program under Honeycomb
[x] Removing Paid Google APIs from Translation Services
v 1.3
[+] Type of training "Remember the answer"
[+] Integration in the Share menu
[+] Import Anki Dictionaries
[+] Import Lingvo Tutor Dictionaries
[+] Install on a memory card
[+] Transcription Import Support
[+] Display and search for the received word
[~] Unobtrusive notifications
[~] Random Schedule Dictionary
[~] Sort words by creation date
[~] Speeding up animation response
[~] Opening a dictionary / word after adding
[~] Correction of the choice of a dictionary for a schedule
[~] Click area correction for icons
v 1.2
[+] Import Abbyy Lingvo Dictionaries
[+] Import AnyMemo Dictionaries
[+] Import Vocabilis Dictionaries
[+] Import custom dictionaries
[+] Export your own dictionaries
[+] Integration with FBReader
[+] Integration with Fora Dictionary
[+] Duplicate Removal
[~] Autostart optimization
[~] Button color correction
[+] German localization (Sergey Semenov)
[+] Japanese localization (Robert Scott)
v 1.1
[+] Full-text search
[+] Double direction of study
[+] Microsoft translator
[+] Integration with ColorDict
[~] Performance Improvement
[+] Chinese localization (Fan Zhang)
[+] Portuguese localization (Gayane Asstaturyan)
v 1.0
[+] Three types of training
[+] Scheduled launch
[+] Custom dictionaries
[+] Google translator
[+] Voice acting
[+] Import of text, web-pages, files
[+] Multilingual interface
[+] English localization
[+] Russian localization
[+] Ukrainian localization (Julia Melnik)
[+] Italian localization (Elisa Boscolo)

Developer: mike114
Homepage: http://www.lingoquiz.info
Android Market: market: // details? id = mnm.lite.lingoquiz
Android Market Web: https://market.android.com/details?id=mnm.lite.lingoquiz
Handster: http://www.handster.com/lingo_quiz_lite.html
App Surfer (launch in browser): http://www.appsurfer.com/apps/17248-lingo-quiz-lite

Version: 1.6 Attached fileLingo_Quiz_Lite_1.6.apk (1.27 MB)

Past versions

Version: 1.5 Attached fileLingo_Quiz_Lite_1.5.apk (1.22 MB)

Version: 1.4 Attached fileLingo_Quiz_Lite_1.4.apk (1014.77 KB)

version: 1.3 Attached fileLingo_Quiz_Lite_1.3.apk (907.34 KB)

version: 1.2 Attached fileLingo_Quiz_Lite_1.2.apk (690.14 KB)

version: 1.1 Attached fileLingo_Quiz_Lite_1.1.apk (628.59 KB)

version: 1.0 Attached fileLingo_Quiz_Lite_1.0.apk (585.43 KB)

Post has been editedmike114 - 29.03.13, 13:59
Reason for editing: Version 1.6

Rep: (17)
The design is on top, everything is so clean and glamorous, but it is impossible to use.
Who told them that Google translate will give a sane translation of the initial forms of words and especially infinitives?
What I did when I ran the Italian dictionary through it, to put it mildly, I didn’t like it.
And there is no opportunity to import a ready-made base of cards, maybe not yet.
Although most likely the matter is simply in the Russian language. Google translation works with him, that's all. Let's see what happens in the updates.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

I am the developer of this program, so your comments are incredibly valuable to me!
Please send ideas for improving the program to [email protected]

I completely agree that Google Translate is not the best translator, but it is free.
In the near future, I will definitely add support for importing my own dictionaries and post a small selection on the program’s website.
They can be downloaded and imported into an already created dictionary.

Michael, feedback on the mail is good, but the forum is even better. You can discuss, people see, can insert their comments.
Yes, the feature of importing human dictionaries is definitely needed. But who will make them? And how easy is it? Maybe you can convert some ready-made bases, sharpened for other projects? Or is it handmade?
1. I manually correct my Italian dictionary after google by about 70%. So I take and rule with the dictionary. The inconvenience is this: to edit the translation you need tap on the "pencil" - tap on the word, but I would like just tap on the word. Still integration with colordict would be cool. For example, a long tap and the word flies into colordict and translates.
2. Ultimately, I will get a digestible handmade dictionary. Of course, I want to share my work, so be sure to provide an export function.
3. In my opinion, to offer everything in a row for an answer is ineffective. A language learner, seeing a word in front of him, will understand that it is a verb, noun, adjective or adverb and will choose the correct answer simply by means of exclusion. Therefore, in the dictionaries, it would be necessary to initially hammer out for each translation the words what kind of part of speech it is. Or maybe add a combo to the dictionary editor where the translation itself is corrected. As a result, only verbs will be selected as answer options for a verb, and only adverbs for an adverb.

I will put dictionaries the highest priority. I think in a couple of weeks I’ll add the most popular formats.
It will work through the existing import: select a third-party (your) dictionary file - import into the current dictionary.
It will be great to know the most popular dictionary formats (+ program names) and the wishes of the save format.

The only problem is where to hang another button for export.

Yesterday I did not quite understand the editing problem. The idea was that in any screen (dictionaries / words / translations)
you need to switch to edit mode, and then "clicked the icon - edited - saved."
But if the problem is that the translation icon is hard to get, then on this screen you can do
performing tapu operations on the translation itself.

Regarding the parts of speech: I understand correctly that it is only about parameters
fetch words for find answer mode? Because in the mode of typing words
any option, and when searching for a pair, we may have different parts of speech for all words,
so that matches will be visible anyway. If only for the mentioned regime, then it will be possible
expand the description of translations in the future and use this information.

I can’t say anything about the use of third-party dictionaries (colordict).
If the developers have provided an API for communicating with the outside world, something can be done.

I also want to know about the usefulness of the support site.
Is there a need to translate it into Russian?
Perhaps there will appear a page with handmade dictionaries and a loader for everyone.

Mike114 @ 03/08/2011, 14:49*
I can’t say anything about the use of third-party dictionaries (colordict). If the developers have provided an API for communicating with the outside world, something can be done.

There is an API. Implemented a bunch for example in the reader fbreader. There you can highlight the word and throw in colordict. I think the implementation is simple. But this is not very priority IMHO.
I also want to know about the usefulness of the support site. If there is a need to translate it into Russian? Perhaps there will appear a page with handmade dictionaries and a loader for everyone.

I personally do not need a translation, but people usually ask. If an accumulated number of ready-made good dictionaries, it makes sense to make a page where to download them. Ideally, it would be better to do the whole search-jump-import procedure from the program itself.
The only problem is where to hang another button for export.

Do export where import is - Dictionary / Import. (It will mean Import / Export). And next to the import button at the bottom is the export button.
But if the problem is that it is difficult to get to the translation icon, then on this screen you can perform a tap operation on the translation itself.

This is exactly what is being rebuilt. It's hard to get this one, but why make 2 tapas where it is more logical to make one.
As for the parts of speech: do I understand correctly that we are only talking about the parameters for selecting words for the "find the answer" mode?

Yes, for this in the first place. I would like that as options only the corresponding parts of speech are offered. But for finding a couple the same after all. Couples are visible simply because you know where the verb is, where is the noun and where is the adjective. In general, such a field as part of the speech must be entered, otherwise the brain does not strain at all.

Thank you, I adjusted the plan for the next update, taking into account the wishes.

After reading the last comment from Tango Market

I don’t understand why it is impossible to edit a word in a foreign language. For example, add the article. Is it really that hard to implement?

, seriously thinking about the logic of the interface. Is it really so hard to figure out how to start editing?

Rep: (4)
You can figure it out, but in fact, as Vayur wrote, a lot of action needs to be done.

I join everything that has been said about the finished dictionaries, parts of speech, etc.

A couple more thoughts:
1. Buttons at the top in the management of dictionaries without signatures, it is immediately difficult to understand what they are responsible for. You can, for example, display signatures in a long tap on a button.
2. The button "add a word" can be safely dragged down, it will be logical. Mass operations above, single ones below.
3. There is not enough activity on the hard-button Menu in the learning process. There may be access to the top menu, postpone the session, settings, full-screen mode.
4. About full screen mode. Some cards are quite long, and do not fit in portrait mode in width. And in the landscape everything does not fit in height (mode to find a word). In theory, a full screen can help here.
5. Well, in landscape mode, infa about the status of the study in the form of 3 lines at the bottom can well fit in one line. This is me because the winding here is completely superfluous, everything can be put into one screen.
6. Night mode design can still be envisaged.
7. When importing from a web page, it would be good to consider the possibility of converting words to initial forms. Those. verbs - in the infinitive, nouns - in singular nominative. What service does it really deliver? I don’t know.

But all this is bows, and nothing compared to the lack of verified full-fledged database of cards. I hope they will appear soon :)

In general, the program makes a good impression, beautiful, fast, import - this is generally a thing.
We are waiting for development!

Thank you very much for your feedback, a lot of interesting ideas!
The lack of a menu is actually no coincidence.

You should see iPhone holders that unsuccessfully poked into the original version!
After that, I set myself the goal of bringing out all the functionality to the screen to the maximum.

I will try to apply all the ideas, especially about ready-made dictionaries.
Which format is most preferred? StarDict?

And please leave ratings and reviews on the market!
The more popular the program becomes, the more time I can devote to it.

Mike114 @ 03/09/2011, 11:00*
Which format is most preferred? StarDict?

Hmm, what about stardict?
I don’t understand what you mean by the preferred format.

Many dictionaries have their own native format and it would be convenient to write their import.
I scrolled through the Internet and found about a dozen different dictionary formats,
already ready and repeatedly tested.

By the way, the mentioned ColorDict supports the StarDict format.

And in these dictionaries, for each word, 5-50 translation meanings. How do you choose the most common?
How do you see imports from such wide dictionaries?
I thought that there are ready-made card bases from other similar projects. That would import them.
ATAnymemoThe thread is being discussed, bases are being searched. I did not dig deep.
Here isherehefty list of bases.

Michael, it seems to me that importing the entire dictionary is superfluous. Still, the dictionary has too many words of all sorts. A few different bases of thematic cards for a thousand and a half words are more than enough.
Another thing is the search for translations and other information, such as parts of speech, the form of a verb, etc. in the dictionary of the same stardict, for example. Those. if the user has the ColorDict dictionary installed, then when importing your IELTS word base, prompt the user to download translations, etc., from some ColorDict dictionary (which one is the user's choice).

Another thought for importing is to pull the user's query history from the same ColorDict.

By the way, the idea is that the study of words in the selection mode of a variant should be done bilaterally, i.e. alternate session. One time - the word en, options - ru, another time the word ru, options - en.

Rep: (16)
Dear creator of the program.
I would like to talk with you about possible cooperation, but the letters to the mail indicated on your site do not reach. I am a representative of the site for learning foreign words using the card method. We also have an application for learning words, but so far only the Java version:WordSteps Mobile Application
Please write a request to us in the support and your mail:http://wordsteps.com/contacts/

Presa4ok_1 @ 03/09/2011, 12:00*
I am a representative of the site for learning foreign words using the card method.

WordSteps leaves a good impression.

I looked at the integration with ColorDict - only a pop-up window or the whole application is available.
It will be easy to add to the application. But I'm not sure about pulling words through the API.

The only way is to parse the dictionary and pull out all the information from it, and then
select only interesting translations (marked with an asterisk), which will be used
when learning.

I’m doing a two-way option just today, I really liked this functionality in Lingvo Tutor.

I got an opportunity with the mail, of course ... I wrote a ticket to support.
But he sat and waited for reviews. Damn, you need to check everything.

Mike114 @ 03/09/2011, 13:35*
The only way is to parse the dictionary and pull out all the information from it, and then
select only interesting translations (marked with an asterisk), which will be used
when learning.

This is a utopian option. The word take - 45 translation points, in each paragraph sub-items, total translation options under 150.
It’s better to pay attention to ready-made card bases that are in the public domain. HerehereI brought the links.

I looked, at first glance, these are ready-made databases for Android,
so there shouldn’t be a lot of problems with import.

One thing bothers me - most of them contain phrases,
which I did not expect in the application.

The mail was repaired.

Check it out:
The first thousand words in 6 languages ​​English, French, Italian, Spanish and Germanand more Arabic. Plus, each word is assigned a category.
He directly asks for a program, and as a default set of dictionaries. There really is no Russian, but in my opinion what is needed.
5 minutes rummaged in google and found, means material is.

Post has been editedVayur - 09.03.11, 16:53

Phrases - this is very important for knowledge of the language, not the words of the language :)
For English, there are separate books, such as English collocations in use.

But phrases clearly need another learning format, such as cards. Well, or, like this: the question is formulated at the top, the desired word is replaced by an ellipsis or a hint. Well, below - either enter the answer, or select the answer from the options. But here you cannot do without parts of speech.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/28/19, 07:27