Multiboot | Or use of several OS on one PC

Rep: (1212)
Multi-boot or use multiple OS on one computer

PC problems | Windows 8.1 | Windows 10 | Windows 8 | Windows 7 | Windows vista | Windows xp | Discussion Ubuntu Linux | Hackintosh on PC | LiveCD / DVD / USB

Attached Image

Discussion, problem solving, useful tips related to using multiple operating systems on one PC.

Post has been editedRamsteiner - 25.05.19, 14:51
Reason for editing: new header, edited by Kokwe

Rep: (0)
Is it possible on Samsung laptops to put the second OS in a demolished Recovery-section, so that it loads only when you click on F4? (this is the recovery call button)

Rep: (26)
There is a need on the UEFI system to add utilities to the boot menu (acronis DD and IT, for example). Using the AIO boot program, it is possible to embed grub2 in the boot menu ... and already through rude2 make the boot menu with the necessary utilities, etc. Through the AIO boot program, I perform the grub2 deployment operation, but it does not appear in the boot entries. Tell me, what can I do wrong?

Rep: (997)
Piton812 @ 01/28/19, 18:01*
Through the AIO boot program, I perform the grub2 deployment operation, but it does not appear in the boot entries. Tell me, what can I do wrong?

There are 2 ways to boot grub2 into AIO boot:
1 own menu GRUB2 - files for rude 2 - lie along the path AIO \ grub \ menuoff
2, the “find config” item in the main menu includes a script for searching and creating a temporary menu - unpack the grub folder or the boot folder in the root of the flash

in addition, the menu item "find and download iso braz" allows you to download GRUB2 from iso from the AIO / Files / folder

Post has been editedarvseslav - 30.01.19, 08:19

Rep: (26)
* arvseslav the thing is that creating a bootable USB flash drive is no problem, but if I do exactly the same thing, I just select the partition on the hard drive instead of the USB flash drive, the program works out, as it reports successfully, but the new entry in the uefi boot menu does not appear.
those. maybe you need to additionally observe something (enable or disable, etc.) so that the boot record created on the partition appears in the boot menu?

Rep: (6)
Please tell me how to do it right.
There is a laptop with Windows (Acer r3-471t). I want the android to boot from it. From an SD card with an integrated card reader. There is no such item in the BIOS, for this is not supported. But if you install from a USB flash drive to a memory card inserted in a card reader, then everything works (until reboot).
So, how to do it right. Is there any way to poke the Windows bootloader onto a partition with Grub4Dos (or some other) and start android from it already?

Or can you somehow write another one instead of the Windows bootloader, and register Windows from the hard drive and android from the memory card into it?

Post has been editedDrvooodoo - 05.02.19, 13:25

* Drvooodoo ,
The easiest option is when the program from under Windows itself creates a multiboot and installs the wasps for you.
Like for example in the form of Android x86
Phoenix os
Phoenix OS x86 (Post max-gulyash # 46329889)

Need a .exe file

Posted on 02/05/2019, 13:29:

DrVooDoo @ 02/05/19, 13:16*
I want the android to boot from it.

Posted on 02/05/2019, 13:30:

DrVooDoo @ 02/05/19, 13:16*
Is there any way to poke the Windows bootloader onto a partition with Grub4Dos (or some other) and start android from it already?
EasyBCD program.

All garbage, Windows from the built-in card reader can not load, if you plug in a usb-card reader it is loaded.
So I need some bootloader that can load both Windows and Android from the built-in reader. Do such exist?

* Drvooodoo ,
This is not Windows, it is a new type of BIOS that does not see cartridges as a boot disk.

In this case it is impossible. From the word no matter how. The old type of BIOS sees the cartridges as bootable, but in UEFI it does not.

* arvseslav
No, there is an old BIOS, Windows 7, included Legacy. He yes, does not know how.
Then the Windows bootloader itself does not see the memory card in the built-in reader.
But after all, a live environment can launch an android from a memory card in a built-in reader. I will investigate means.

* Drvooodoo , in general, BIOS is the primary board, if BIOS does not see the card reader, it will not reach the bootloader. Look in the boot menu, the card reader is displayed or not, otherwise it is useless in principle.

That which is not seen in the BIOS as a boot disk is not loaded.

Post has been editedarvseslav - 05.02.19, 15:28

Grub also did not see. Hmm, along the way, really nothing can be done about it.

Good day! I have a 220GB SSD and a terabyte HDD. I want to put operating systems (linux, win10) on ssd 2, where windows will be the priority, and linux will be used less often. So how do you distribute these 220 GB? Split to disk in 2 parts or 3 so that you can use the data that is stored on ssd on two systems?

* RuSlAn20114,

It all depends on what type of primary card you have - BIOS or UEFI
if you want universal markup for different hardware
that

1 FAT32 partition about 30mb for bootloader
2 partition unallocated about 10 mb
3 section NFTS for Win10 at least 15 GB
Section 4 EXT4 for Linux / Android at least 15 GB
5 SWAP section
6 section NFTS under user files.

Post has been editedarvseslav - 06.02.19, 20:28

* arvseslav
UEFI(msi b350 pc mate). And all this needs to be created manually? I assumed that it would just be necessary to create a new volume and put a new system there

RuSlAn20114 @ 02/06/19, 20:31*
And all this needs to be created manually? I assumed that it would just be necessary to create a new volume and put a new system there

If you create 3 sections
1 unallocated for installing windows
2 NFTS for files
3 Ext4 for Linux without swap partition

and start the installation of windows specifying unallocated space as the installation location, the Windows installer will re-partition this empty space into 4 sections.
Including
1.1 bootloader
1.2 section for the bootloader
1.3 partition with windows
1.4 recovery

Total you will have 6 sections

on the EXT4 partition after installing Windows install Linux
The recovery section can be formatted to the SVAP section as desired.

For UEFI, this is the easiest way.

* RuSlAn20114 , if you already have windows installed, then create an ext4 partition and put Linux there.

Rep: (1622)
Someone has experiencecrank up? Itself could not overpower.

ShaggyBoggart @ 04/02/19, 10:53*
Does anyone have experience doing this? Itself could not overpower.

this assembly?https://usbtor.ru/viewtopic.php?t=1049
you pravis yourself onhttps://usbtor.rudid not ask about it?
Personally, I am loading the same components in a different load, with different markup and a different bootloader.

Post has been editedarvseslav - 02.04.19, 12:00

Rep: (1622)
* arvseslav ,
Any help would be helpful. Although of course I want to do without grub.

But probably it will be better than using mbr / bcd.

The assembly is yes, only fresh, which is already presented as a designer.
I did not ask the author, since he has a rather closed project.
Instalyah is password-protected and the menu file cannot be edited. I think it’s not easy, he hides this business.

Its assembly can be added to another. I actually did so for the first time. But this way is not very convenient. I would like to have a choice initially, which flash drive to run. And do not boot into Jinn and there choose Paravis. And back, just a reboot.
And this does not solve the problem from the first paragraph.

These flash drives, it is not clear which file is bootable.
To add a record to bsd. I just can’t understand what to write there (path and file).

In general, there are many questions, but I can not find answers)

Post has been editedShaggyboggart - 02.04.19, 13:19

* ShaggyBoggart
Give a link where you got the constructor assembly.
Personally, I tend to simplify this whole mess of bootloaders and partitions.
It is advisable to shove everything into one boot partition.
You will not manage one BCD, it catches Linux and poppy through a crutch rough.

Post has been editedarvseslav - 02.04.19, 13:56

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/01/19, 17:09