> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Amazon Kindle DX Graphite - Firmware | Localization, questions, support.

Rep: (334)
FirmwareAmazon Kindle DX Graphite
Discussion | Description | Firmware | FAQ

Here will be laid out official firmware, crack, hacks and just useful forAmazon Kindle DXGraphite . Everything presented in this topic NOT SUITABLE to Amazon Kindle DX .

Firmware
All official firmware released today (since 2.5.7: happy :):
Firmware 2.5.7 (direct link) + Attach.
Firmware 2.5.8 (direct link) + Attach.

History of changes in official firmware:
- Updated core.
- 1 Updated booklet.
- 7 Updated libraries.
- 68 patches.

- New core.
- Updated u-boot.
- 46 patches.

Instructions for updating the official firmware:
1. Download the firmware file with the .bin extension, upload it to the root of the device, disconnect it from the computer.
* If the device from ZeroChaos is already on the device, you must delete it, otherwise the update will not be up! Jail deletedo not . Instructions for removing the crack below.
2. On the device:[HOME] - [MENU] - [SETTINGS] - [MENU] - [UPDATE YOUR KINDLE] .
3. If[UPDATE YOUR KINDLE] gray means:
but)You downloaded the firmware is not the root.
b)The firmware is damaged or it is not a firmware at all.
at)You have an old version of Jailbreak installed on your device (see below).
4. If the item is highlighted in black, then click on it, the device is first updated, then reboots.
5. After the device has rebooted, reboot it through the settings again.

Installing JailBreak and crack
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attention: The use of this package for the Russification of the Kindle DX Graphite e-book graphical interface for commercial purposes is limited. Copying this manual is prohibited.

Sellers: Any merchant can use my Kindle DX Graphite localization package and the attached instructions, provided that you order a Kindle on my referral link below.

For everyone: As a thank you, you can order the Kindle DX Graphite from Amazon on my link, your cost will not change:

Kindle DX Graphite, Free 3G, 9.7 ″ Display - Latest Generation (E-Ink Pearl)

Thank.

I present to the public the Russification of the Kindle DX Graphite interface, which is the result of four days of hard work.
Non-commercial use of the Russifier for personal purposes is allowed without restrictions, but it is forbidden to disassemble / modify / use the translated components in their work to everyone without exception.

This method of localization in no way affects the system files and does not replace them, the risk of spoiling something is almost zero.

This package includes the substitution of fonts for users with Cyrillic support.

Installation Instructions:

1. Connect your Kindle to your computer.

2. Install Jailbreak (update_jailbreak_0.4.N_dxg_install.bin). Copy update_jailbreak_0.4.N_dxg_install.bin to the root of the device. Press the Menu button, select Settings. In the Settings menu, click the Menu button, select Update Your Kindle and follow. During installation, there will be an error message U006, as it should be.

3. If you have already installed basic Russification (fonts with Cyrillic support, update_unicode_3.1_k3g_255_fonts_install.bin file), delete it. If you do not do this, do not worry, this localization package will do it for you during the installation process. This is a kind of warning so that there will be no surprise afterwards. Therefore, if necessary, save your custom fonts.

4. Install the localization package (update_rusloc_1.9_dxg_258_install.bin). For this:

a) Copy update_rusloc_1.9_dxg_258_install.bin to the root of the device.

b) Press the Menu button, select Settings. In the Settings menu, click the Menu button, select Update Your Kindle and follow.

5. After rebooting, and then another (in the Settings menu ->Restart) the interface of your Kindle DX Graphite will be in Russian.

Install custom fonts:

You can install your fonts by replacing those in the ‘ru / fonts’ folder. Keep the original name (the original name of the fonts in the Kindle).

English interface with font substitution, Russian virtual keyboard and time format H: mm (24-hour):

You can at any time return to the original interface, even without removing the crack. Simply delete or rename the dummy ‘RU’ file in the ‘ru’ folder located in the root of the device attached to the computer. After that, reboot the device and only minimal functionality will remain without localizing the menus, dialogs and graphics. Those. font substitution, Russian virtual keyboard and H: mm time format (24-hour). To completely disable all modifications, delete or rename the ‘ru’ folder.

Removal Instructions:

1. Connect your Kindle to your computer.

2. Copy the uninstall file (update_rusloc_1.9_dxg_258_uninstall.bin) to the root of the device. Press the Menu button, select Settings. In the Settings menu, press the Menu button, select Kindle Update, and execute.

3. After rebooting, your Kindle DX Graphite interface will again be in English.

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Kindle DX Graphite 2.5.5 Russifier from ZeroChaos (ver. 1.5)
http://msilab.net/rus.6010

Kindle DX Graphite 2.5.7 crack from ZeroChaos (ver. 1.7)
http://msilab.net/rus.6186

Kindle DX Graphite 2.5.8 crack from ZeroChaos (ver. 1.9)
http://msilab.net/rus.6329

If you want to thank the author, then this can be done by saying a few kind words to him in the topic.

Enjoy reading!

Forced to place a warning: The author of this method of localization of the graphical interface for the device damaged as a result of the firmware is not responsible. Everything you do, you do at your own peril and risk.

P.S. On the problems, unsubscribe in the topic, we will solve as they appear.

Important updates:
Attached Image

- Added Russian virtual keyboard

Offline registration (only works on 2.5.8)
1. First make sure that you have a jailbreak installed (without it: mellow :)
2. After that, download the archive from the attachment.
3. Open the reginfo.ini file in something other than Notepad or Word (say, in WordPad).
4. Little transcript written:
REGINFO_DEVICE_NAME - The name of the device, is displayed on the settings panel and at the top of Kindle, I understand.
REGINFO_GIVEN_NAME - Parents as named.
REGINFO_AMAZON_NAME - Account name on Amazon, if there is one, of course =). If not, write the same as in the previous line. It will be displayed in the settings panel under "Registration".
REGINFO_AMAZON_EMAIL - Your box on Amazon, where you can throw books and images for covert. Enter the name without "@ xxxxx.xxx", because it will automatically be added. It will be displayed in the settings panel under the "Device e-mail".
5. Important point! You can only enter Latin.
6. After that, save the file and drop it with the bin extension file into the root of the device.
7. Update as in the thread on the firmware and .... voila, the registered device on hand.

Restoration of software killed device (with the inscription "Your Kindle needs repair")
(Formats a custom section, deletes user settings and resets registration)
1) Hold the slider for 20 seconds.
2) Release the slider and hold [HOME] while Kindle is loading.
3) A request to enter "RESET" will appear. Enter.
4) Kindle will restore to factory settings.

Files:
Attached fileJailbreak.zip(3.98 KB)
Attached fileUpdate_2.5.7.rar(3.27 MB)
Attached fileUpdate_2.5.8.rar(5.23 MB)
Attached fileOff_Reg.rar(1.62 KB)

The curator of the topic iszweck777

Post has been editedzweck777 - 16.11.12, 07:45

Rep: (0)
Guys tell me where to get the mmcblk0_7688.dmp dump and rootfs.img for kindle DXG? can somebody lay out or throw the link? Thank!

Post has been editedZram - 01.06.13, 22:11

Rep: (5)
Tell me, as I understand the thread is already dead ... but we can see in the subject ... see update 3.2.1 and 3.4, but as I understand it for newer readers, you can somehow roll them onto my (B009) or better sit on 2.5.8?

In the middle of the branch, it was already written that firmware 3.2.1 is installed on Kindle DX Graphite, and you have “B009”, which seems to mean Kindle DX Graphite (correct if not so) - then everything should be ok.

Posted on 12/26/2013 11:55:

black1n1white @ 01/22/2012, 11:40*
Yes, now I sit on it, mainly because of the browser. Sometimes you need both facebook and some other pages.

Question: did you go through the built-in 3G, with your native sim card, did you go online or was the SIM already different?

Greetings, if you have a dump from this device for flashing. I purchased a demo unit, in the hope that you can make a full-featured device, but there were difficulties with the firmware, it is nowhere to be found. If anything can be thrown on the mail [email protected]

Rep: (1)
And the question about the third firmware on the CHA - is there any need for Russification in general? not in the sense of the interface (I'm not interested), but in the sense of the possibility of reading books with Russian Cyrillic letters ??

Rep: (3916)
Gluckboy @ 02.21.2014, 15:12*
But in terms of the possibility of reading books with Russian Cyrillic letters?

All Kindles read Russian mobi without any problems.

I would like to know this. I sent Kindle (I ordered through an intermediary in Pitra), firmware version 2.5.8. The menu is not Russified. I poured several PDF files (including Russian letters) into it, I thought I should not read it, but reads our Cyrillic alphabet. Version 2.5.8 understands Russian letters out of the box? The question is whether the Russifier should roll up (the menu does not interest me). Will the fonts go without installing the jailbreak or how? , can try mp3 player in action).

Deniska2014 @ 02.27.2014, 12:07*
Without installing a jailbreak whether fonts go or how?

Those. did not notice the previous post? : rolleyes:

No, I noticed of course. But mobi is one thing, and PDF is another, or why I don’t understand.

Deniska2014 @ 02.27.2014, 13:29*
or what I don't understand

: yes2:
Pdf is a picture that is shown in the picture, then it will show.

Then thanks for the explanation. In the evening I will pump the Russifierhttp://zerolab.net/201…iya-kindle-dx-graphite

Rep: (14)
Hello . Recently I purchased this device for my father, and he is in English zero. Now I need to put Russifier for it. The link with the Russian has long ceased to exist, or rather there is not enough Russification files. Can someone upload these files or send them to me? I will be very grateful

sanek-25 @ 04/04/2014, 12:00*
Link to the Russian has long ceased to exist

What in the previous message link does not suit?

Rep: (14)
Vadeus @ 04/04/2014, 13:04*
What in the previous message link does not suit?

The fact that there are no files Russifier. Where do i get files
update_rusloc_1.9_dxg_258_install.bin
update_rusloc_1.9_dxg_258_uninstall.bin
????

I moron, I admit. I found everything, thanks

Post has been editedsanek-25 - 04.04.14, 17:02

Rep: (6)
Deniska2014 @ 02.27.2014, 13:41*
Then thanks for the explanation. In the evening I will pump the Russifierhttp://zerolab.net/201…iya-kindle-dx-graphite

Did you manage to put the Russifier?

I do not put jailbreak ... And without it, do not roll the Rusik ((

Rep: (51)
Lx. @ 12.22.2013, 18:46*
Tell me, as I understand the thread is already dead ... but we can see in the subject ... see update 3.2.1 and 3.4, but as I understand it for newer readers, you can somehow roll them onto my (B009) or better sit on 2.5.8?

put these updates? Have a positive experience?

Rep: (1)
There are pros and cons, I'm thinking about going back to 2.5.8, if you are interested in details, please contact
In any case, you can roll back if you do not like it.

Post has been editedkrab1212 - 28.12.14, 23:41

Good day, I have Kindle DX Demo Unit on hand, turned up, decided to suffer.
Need a dump for Kindle DXG, - please respond, it is very necessary.
Sincerely, Radik
ICQ 215080933

Rep: (61)
Here it does not seem to be necessary, and then once it took.* darker16 I decided to torment me with the Kindle DXG Demo firmware.

Flash / restore Kindle DX Graphite - Undemo.

Dumps for Kindle DXG with native firmware could not be found (links died long ago), but we managed to downloadupdate_kindle_3.2.1.bin, extracted rootfs.img from it (usingKindletool)
Further detail, in steps.

Step one (password)
We connect the book to the computer and usingKindleDiagnosticTool.exefind out the password. I have itfiona0114
Attached Image

Step Two (Serial Port)
We collect / buy an adapter to connect to the serial port of Kindla. We connect, we start the terminal, speed 115200.
Attached Image
Attached Image

Step Three (in the terminal)
Start the kindle in the recovery mode: hold the power slider for 20 seconds, release, press and hold the Home button until logs appear.
We are waiting for the appearance of the inscriptionPress [ENTER] for recovery menu . Press Enter.
We are waiting for the appearancerecovery menu .
In the menu, select the item3. Load MMC0 over USB storage.
We enter the password, which we learned in the first paragraph of the instruction (I have thisfiona0114 ).
The book will prepare its sections for connecting to a computer.
The terminal is no longer needed. Moreover, it is harmful if you connect a book to usb and serial ports simultaneously to one computer, a lot of garbage is dumped into the terminal. Disable the serial port.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Step Four (Linux is our everything)
The following steps are performed in the Linux console.
We connect the book to usb.
All commands are performed from the root.
We learn the names of the appeared sections.
dmesg or fdisk -l,
I have this / dev / sdb1, / dev / sdb2, / dev / sdb3, / dev / sdb4,
We need the first partition, in my case / dev / sdb1
create fs:mkfs.ext3 / dev / sdb1
fill in the rootfs.img image on the / dev / sdb1 partition: dd if = '/ PathWhereYouPutFile / rootfs.img' of = / dev / sdb1
We wait for a long time, in the process of pouring no indicators of work there, wait, wait. My fill took about an hour.
After the end of the work, the utility will report the number of filled data.
Click on the book, the button (R 4).
After completion of all procedures, the book is loaded.
Bingo. Current pp 3.2.1

Lastly (Update)
You can update p. To version 3.3. In the archive file Update_kindle_3.3_B009.bin, update the regular method. Drop on Kindle and select Update Your Kindle from the menu.

Finished files (rootfs.img, update_kindle_3.2.1.bin, Update_kindle_3.3_B009.bin, KindleDiagnosticTool.exe)

Thanks
I express my gratitude to the mobileread.com forum, and special thanks to comradestranger_st

Dear, help me, he does not see me, he recovery point 3 adapter ttl-232rg

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/28/19 11:11