> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Amazon Kindle DX Graphite - Firmware | Localization, questions, support.

Rep: (334)
FirmwareAmazon Kindle DX Graphite
Discussion � | Description | Firmware � | FAQ

Here will be laid out official firmware, crack, hacks and just useful forAmazon Kindle DXGraphite . Everything presented in this topic NOT SUITABLE to Amazon Kindle DX .

Firmware
All official firmware released today (since 2.5.7: happy :):
Firmware 2.5.7 (direct link) + Attach.
Firmware 2.5.8 (direct link) + Attach.

History of changes in official firmware:
- Updated core.
- 1 Updated booklet.
- 7 Updated libraries.
- 68 patches.

- New core.
- Updated u-boot.
- 46 patches.

Instructions for updating the official firmware:
1. Download the firmware file with the .bin extension, upload it to the root of the device, disconnect it from the computer.
* If the device from ZeroChaos is already on the device, you must delete it, otherwise the update will not be up! Jail deletedo not . Instructions for removing the crack below.
2. On the device:[HOME] - [MENU] - [SETTINGS] - [MENU] - [UPDATE YOUR KINDLE] .
3. If[UPDATE YOUR KINDLE] gray means:
but)You downloaded the firmware is not the root.
b)The firmware is damaged or it is not a firmware at all.
at)You have an old version of Jailbreak installed on your device (see below).
4. If the item is highlighted in black, then click on it, the device is first updated, then reboots.
5. After the device has rebooted, reboot it through the settings again.

Installing JailBreak and crack
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attention: The use of this package for the Russification of the Kindle DX Graphite e-book graphical interface for commercial purposes is limited. Copying this manual is prohibited.

Sellers: Any merchant can use my Kindle DX Graphite localization package and the attached instructions, provided that you order a Kindle on my referral link below.

For everyone: As a thank you, you can order the Kindle DX Graphite from Amazon on my link, your cost will not change:

Kindle DX Graphite, Free 3G, 9.7 ″ Display - Latest Generation (E-Ink Pearl)

Thank.

I present to the public the Russification of the Kindle DX Graphite interface, which is the result of four days of hard work.
Non-commercial use of the Russifier for personal purposes is allowed without restrictions, but it is forbidden to disassemble / modify / use the translated components in their work to everyone without exception.

This method of localization in no way affects the system files and does not replace them, the risk of spoiling something is almost zero.

This package includes the substitution of fonts for users with Cyrillic support.

Installation Instructions:

1. Connect your Kindle to your computer.

2. Install Jailbreak (update_jailbreak_0.4.N_dxg_install.bin). Copy update_jailbreak_0.4.N_dxg_install.bin to the root of the device. Press the Menu button, select Settings. In the Settings menu, click the Menu button, select Update Your Kindle and follow. During installation, there will be an error message U006, as it should be.

3. If you have already installed basic Russification (fonts with Cyrillic support, update_unicode_3.1_k3g_255_fonts_install.bin file), delete it. If you do not do this, do not worry, this localization package will do it for you during the installation process. This is a kind of warning so that there will be no surprise afterwards. Therefore, if necessary, save your custom fonts.

4. Install the localization package (update_rusloc_1.9_dxg_258_install.bin). For this:

a) Copy update_rusloc_1.9_dxg_258_install.bin to the root of the device.

b) Press the Menu button, select Settings. In the Settings menu, click the Menu button, select Update Your Kindle and follow.

5. After rebooting, and then another (in the Settings menu ->Restart) the interface of your Kindle DX Graphite will be in Russian.

Install custom fonts:

You can install your fonts by replacing those in the ‘ru / fonts’ folder. Keep the original name (the original name of the fonts in the Kindle).

English interface with font substitution, Russian virtual keyboard and time format H: mm (24-hour):

You can at any time return to the original interface, even without removing the crack. Simply delete or rename the dummy ‘RU’ file in the ‘ru’ folder located in the root of the device attached to the computer. After that, reboot the device and only minimal functionality will remain without localizing the menus, dialogs and graphics. Those. font substitution, Russian virtual keyboard and H: mm time format (24-hour). To completely disable all modifications, delete or rename the ‘ru’ folder.

Removal Instructions:

1. Connect your Kindle to your computer.

2. Copy the uninstall file (update_rusloc_1.9_dxg_258_uninstall.bin) to the root of the device. Press the Menu button, select Settings. In the Settings menu, press the Menu button, select Kindle Update, and execute.

3. After rebooting, your Kindle DX Graphite interface will again be in English.

Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Kindle DX Graphite 2.5.5 Russifier from ZeroChaos (ver. 1.5)
http://msilab.net/rus.6010

Kindle DX Graphite 2.5.7 crack from ZeroChaos (ver. 1.7)
http://msilab.net/rus.6186

Kindle DX Graphite 2.5.8 crack from ZeroChaos (ver. 1.9)
http://msilab.net/rus.6329

If you want to thank the author, then this can be done by saying a few kind words to him in the topic.

Enjoy reading!

Forced to place a warning: The author of this method of localization of the graphical interface for the device damaged as a result of the firmware is not responsible. Everything you do, you do at your own peril and risk.

P.S. On the problems, unsubscribe in the topic, we will solve as they appear.

Important updates:
Attached Image

- Added Russian virtual keyboard

Offline registration (only works on 2.5.8)
1. First make sure that you have a jailbreak installed (without it: mellow :)
2. After that, download the archive from the attachment.
3. Open the reginfo.ini file in something other than Notepad or Word (say, in WordPad).
4. Little transcript written:
REGINFO_DEVICE_NAME - The name of the device, is displayed on the settings panel and at the top of Kindle, I understand.
REGINFO_GIVEN_NAME - Parents as named.
REGINFO_AMAZON_NAME - Account name on Amazon, if there is one, of course =). If not, write the same as in the previous line. It will be displayed in the settings panel under "Registration".
REGINFO_AMAZON_EMAIL - Your box on Amazon, where you can throw books and images for covert. Enter the name without "@ xxxxx.xxx", because it will automatically be added. It will be displayed in the settings panel under the "Device e-mail".
5. Important point! You can only enter Latin.
6. After that, save the file and drop it with the bin extension file into the root of the device.
7. Update as in the thread on the firmware and .... voila, the registered device on hand.

Restoration of software killed device (with the inscription "Your Kindle needs repair")
(Formats a custom section, deletes user settings and resets registration)
1) Hold the slider for 20 seconds.
2) Release the slider and hold [HOME] while Kindle is loading.
3) A request to enter "RESET" will appear. Enter.
4) Kindle will restore to factory settings.

Files:
Attached fileJailbreak.zip(3.98 KB)
Attached fileUpdate_2.5.7.rar(3.27 MB)
Attached fileUpdate_2.5.8.rar(5.23 MB)
Attached fileOff_Reg.rar(1.62 KB)

The curator of the topic iszweck777

Post has been editedzweck777 - 16.11.12, 07:45

Rep: (163)
M
zweck777 appointed curator of the topic.

Rep: (335)
Requests for the minimum version with the following functionality continue:
1. Font substitution.
2. Russian virtual keyboard.
3. Time format H: mm (24-hour).

Therefore, I go to a meeting. ;)

Russifier updated to(ver. 1.7)
- Full localization combined with the minimum version

How to use: Just rename or delete the 'RU' dummy file in the 'ru' folder located in the root of the device attached to the computer. After that, reboot the device and only minimal functionality will remain without localization of menus, dialogs and graphics.

The link is the same (in the topic header). To whom the minimum version is not needed, there is no point in updating from the previous version.

P.S. You can install on top of the old crack.

Enjoy reading!

Russifier updated to(ver. 1.8)
- Transfer of localization to the firmware version2.5.8

Kindle DX Graphite 2.5.8 crack from ZeroChaos (ver. 1.8)

Enjoy reading!

Post has been editedzweck777 - 03.03.11, 20:56

Russifier updated to(ver. 1.9)
- Fixed Russian virtual keyboard (missing '>'and' ~ ')
- Added quotes "Christmas trees"
- Slightly corrected translation of lines in the settings menu

Kindle DX Graphite 2.5.8 crack from ZeroChaos (ver. 1.9)

Enjoy reading!

Rep: (0)
Install this hack only after installing jailbreak.
1. Download the RuFonts.rar package from the attachment.
2. Copy the linkfonts directory and the rufonts_install.bin file to the Kindle.
3. Run the update on the Kindle.
4. After the automatic reboot, and then another reboot, which you have to run yourself (Settings->Restart Kindle), you must have Russian fonts.
5. To remove the hack, run rufonts_uninstall.bin from the archive.

After the second reboot, the handles issued a message - your kindle needs repair. and further numbers where to call.

And what to do now, how to revive?

P.S. Officer Pro, Jail and Russification 1.9 passed without a hitch before that.

Post has been editedDzutte333 - 11.05.11, 19:41

zweck777 I have already helped Dzutte333 . And you would be advised to take a more responsible approach to the drafting of instructions, since you decided to assemble a hodgepodge.

That the others did not step on a rakeDzutte333 , publish our correspondence:

Dzutte333
Hello.

I ask for help, as I myself am not very strong in this.

Amazon Kindle DX Graphite out of the box with 2.5.5. Acted on the list.

- set of. I ask 2.5.8, I rebooted - there are no problems.
- installed the update_jailbreak_0.4.N_dxg_install.bin jail - no problem.
- installed localization update_rusloc_1.9_dxg_258_install.bin, rebooted - no problem.
- I started to put fonts (basic Russification), threw the linkfonts directory and the rufonts_install.bin file into the root. Ate fine. Then I reboot manually, writes after reboot - your kindle needs repair. And then the phone numbers where to go to the customer service.
On the computer, the device no longer shows.
What to do in this case and how to roll back?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Andrew.

ZeroChaos
Andrew, you need to ask withzweck777 , curator of the topic that made such an instruction.
Written by me for my localization instruction is here:
http://zerolab.net/2010/10/22/rusifikaciya...le-dx-graphite/
and here:
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16074

I do not understand whyzweck777 I collected everything in one pile and drafted basic russification from Vladimir (boroda) to my cracker. And I do not understand why you installed another on my Russification. In my Russification, the "protection against a fool" is built in and if you put it on top of the basic Russification from Vladimir (boroda), she would have uninstalled it beforehand. In the reverse situation, there is no such protection.

I understand that my moralizing will not help you in any way, but assimilate for the future, always put from the original source and according to the instructions from the original source, and not according to someone else.

I could send you to deal with the author of this unfinished instruction, which nadergal it from different sources, but I will try to help you.

If you connect the book on usb to the computer, can you see the contents of its internal memory? If yes, then delete the 'ru' and 'linkfonts' folders, then reboot the device.

Dzutte333
Yes, then I did not think of course. But there it was not said that basic Russification is a separate thing, and not a continuation of the process.

Unfortunately, when connected, the contents are not visible either on the Windows or the MacBook. At the same time, a tree appears with a little man and a slider under it, the slider jerks, then writes wait a minute your device starts. After the slider is filled to the end writes your kindle need repair. Somehow it turns out quite sad, I can't get to the inside.

ZeroChaos
In this case, it should help:

1) Hold the power button across for 20 seconds.
2) Release and then hold the HOME button while the Kindle is booting.
3) A screen will appear "RESET" into a box. Do so.
4) The Kindle will then wipe everything up.

The user directory will be erased, the hacks will be deactivated (at least they should). Follow the instructions above clearly! If everything works out and the basic firmware is loaded, then after that put my crack, it will clean the remnants of the base firmware from Vladimir (boroda) and put custom fonts in the user section, and the rest offal in root.

Next time be more attentive.

I hope it helps, and the curator is reprimanded.

Dzutte333
THANK YOU so much! Everything returned back. At the same time of. firmware 2.5.8 preserved and preserved my registration. Put your jail and Russification, everything works.

And tell the moderator to write an explanation. I am not technically illiterate, but with this for the first time. There he goes off. Proshi, then your jail and crack (by the way, I thought that this menu is relevant). Next, he writes "basic Russification (fonts)". It is completely logical to think without knowing the system that this is a continuation and kind of some custom fonts. There is little explanation of what is happening, but literally a couple of phrases would be enough.

Thanks again))))

zweck777 , no offense, but you should not expose the device users to a potential bricket. I'm not testing the firmware for nothing before putting it out and knowingly writing detailed instructions for it. In our correspondence, I asked to leave the instructions intact, you did not.

Post has been editedZeroChaos - 12.05.11, 21:15

He came out of the situation by restoring the factory settings in the manner recommended by Kindl and prompted by ZeroChaos, for which he thanks a lot. That way.

1) Hold the power button across for 20 seconds. (hold the power button for about 20 seconds.)

2) Release and then hold the HOME button while the Kindle is booting. (Release and then hold the Home button while the Kindle is loading)

3) A screen will appear "RESET" into a box. Do so. (The screen will ask you to type the word "RESET" in the box. Do this)

4) The Kindle will then wipe everything up. (After that, Kindle will clean and restore the factory settings)

If you follow the instructions clearly, the user directory will be erased, the hacks will be deactivated. I have everything back to the last installed office. firmware 2.5.8. My registration has been saved. Then he put on a new jail and localization from ZeroChaos. Everything is working.

Thanks again to ZeroChaos for having responded late and helped promptly.

Post has been editedBamboo - 12.05.11, 21:19
Reason for editing: moved post from discussion to firmware

zweck777 @ 05/12/2011, 22:17*
ZeroChaos ,
I agree with all the points except the last. I laid out the instructions in ABSOLUTELY unchanged

In the unchanged - it means just like on my site, from cover to cover, without cuts, without simplifications, with screenshots, with notes, in general - unchanged. ;)

Post has been editedZeroChaos - 12.05.11, 21:25

Of_shapki_topika
Restoration of software killed device (with the inscription "Your Kindle needs repair")

This is not a universal instruction, I just have a built-in check in the crack that if the user section doesn’t have the folder 'ru', then the hack does not apply when downloading the firmware, this helpedDzutte333 Shout device.

zweck777 Unless left with a note that this undocumented feature will only format the user partition, remove the user settings and reset the registration (before connecting to the wireless network for the first time). ;)

Post has been editedZeroChaos - 12.05.11, 22:14

Hello to all. I was going to update the firmware and Russify my Kindle. The current firmware version is 2.5.8. I got this video on youtube:Kindle DX running Kindle 3.1 software
Here is a link to the source (English):Kindle 3.1 software

Will it work, Russification with this version of the firmware, can anyone put it?

Post has been editedDLife21 - 17.06.11, 07:05

DLife21 No, it will not work. ;)

It's a pity. And the firmware is good, sort of. The browser is improved and the pdf reads better. Are there any programs or updates useful that work with Russification?

Post has been editedDLife21 - 17.06.11, 07:24

Rep: (4)
Hello!
Do not tell me if there is a interface crack for kindle 2 (2.5.8)?

I know what's off topic, just did not find the topic of Rusik kindle 2 (((

Hello!

I tried to reflash the machine from version 2.5.5 to 2.5.8 after the second overload. I received a message - your kindle needs repair. and further numbers where to call.

Tried to do as written above.
Spoiler (+/-)

1) Hold the power button across for 20 seconds.
2) Release and then hold the HOME button while the Kindle is booting.
3) A screen will appear "RESET" into a box. Do so.
4) The Kindle will then wipe everything up.

nothing comes out the book continues to reboot: beee:

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Hello. I bought Amazon kindle DX graphite ... The Russian virtual keyboard does not work correctly, after choosing any character, you have to call this keyboard. Is this not a revision or a glitch with my book? Asked in the store, I was told that on other books the same glitch.

Hello. I bought Amazon kindle DX graphite ... The Russian virtual keyboard does not work correctly, after choosing any character, you have to call this keyboard. Is this not a revision or a glitch with my book? Asked in the store, I was told that on other books the same glitch.

This is not a glitch, it is the incompetence of sellers who use my localization without demand.

http://zerolab.net/2010/10/22/rusifikaciya...e/#comment-5456

This is the official implementation of Sum, a module where you can correct the behavior when pressed, I could not compile after decompiling and editing due to strong obfuscation. A little digging around - left this venture, I did not have time to dig further.

Having read all the comments, I found only this answer to my question .. it turns out that it’s impossible to avoid calling the Russian keyboard after entering any character from there, I understood correctly?

Having read all the comments, I found only this answer to my question .. it turns out that it’s impossible to avoid calling the Russian keyboard after entering any character from there, I understood correctly?

On this comment, in fact, I gave a link. Not to be avoided, all right. ;) Only I have written SYM, not Sum.

ZeroChaos @ 08/15/2011, 11:47*
On this comment, in fact, I gave a link. Not to be avoided, all right. ;) Only I have written SYM, not Sum.

Sorry to post from the phone ... I had to reprint the comment .. printed)

Thanks for the quick answers.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 28.06.19, 08:23