> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Digma e500 firmware

Rep: (158)
Firmware forDigma e500
Discussion пїЅ | Description | FAQ | Firmware пїЅ

Attention! According to rumors from the closest supporter of those. customer support Digma support for the E500 book will be suspended, but the last stable release should come out!

Corrections and updates in the current version:
- pictures in RTF
- fixed screen update issues
- found bugs in the system kernel.
- psevdorussky gossip
- cyclic transition on the table of contents
- minor bug fixes

Changes in past firmware:

Date: 07.03.2011
Changes implemented in the firmware:
- Fixed a bug leading to departure from the book after moving to a specific page;
- The size of the footnotes does not depend on the font size (ala poketbook). Switch to footnotes through the menu ->footnotes
- Enter is working in the numeric keypad (which appears when you go to any page)
- slightly increased speed when loading a book.
- fixed book upload speed
- Fixed a bug that caused crashes of books in FB2 when opening content
- Table of contents in the EPUB does not work yet, because EPUB now opens FB2reader.

Date: 21.01.2011
New DOC Reader: improved speed of work with text documents in DOC format, fixed bugs.
Support for multi-level menus in FB2 (section, chapter).
Increased speed of turning and turning pages.
Support auto-page turning.
Fixed work with zip archives containing FB2 files.
Line spacing adjustment.
Reduced the step of scaling documents in PDF / DJVU formats.
Adjust font contrast for documents in PDF format.

Date: 17.12.2010
Improved power saving in continuous read mode.
Improved page turning in FB2.
Improved support for tables of contents for FB2 format.
Improved PDF / DJVU display algorithm.
Arbitrary arrangement of icons on the desktop.

Date: 01.11.2010
Introduced support for reading Microsoft Office 2003/2007 documents (MS Word / Excel / Power Point applications).
Menu support in FB2 format files.
Support for footnotes in FB2 format files.
Game support.
Support for the Text to speech function (pronouncing text by voice).
Integration of Acrobat Reader for reading PDF.
Added text selection in annotations.
New image viewer.
A new program for reading HTML files.
Full support for archives with Russian names.
Support for dictionaries (not included).
Improved device performance.
Fixed quick jump to the page.
Added applications: notepad, calendar.

Attention:
Compared to the base firmware version (June 2010), it also implemented the following changes, available in previous firmware versions:
Full support for RAR / ZIP archives provided.
Added search function in book lists with advanced query options.
Added manual image orientation change for books in DJVU format (90,180,270 degrees).
Changes made to the operation mode of the POWER power button. A short press of this button puts the book into standby mode; long press (3-5 seconds) - device shutdown (shutdown confirmation window is issued); Pressing for more than 7 seconds - forcibly turning off the device (similar to the RESET button).
Fixed support for DJVU format.
Fixed support for EPUB format.
Added full-screen mode for reading books (you must press the OK button while reading).
Fixed the work of the gravitational position sensor in various formats.
New user interface main menu.

Instructions for updating the firmware:
• Fully charge the e-book.
• Connect the device to the computer (the computer will detect the new storage medium).
• Download and unzip the firmware file from the archive listed below.

• Copy the firmware file to the internal memory of the device. *
* Copy the file to the root directory of the book, without creating any new folders or opening subdirectories.

• Turn off a fully electronic book using the appropriate MENU section.
• Press and hold the OK button.
• Press and hold the POWER button.
• Wait for the screen to blink (it will turn black, then white again).
• Immediately release the POWER button and after a while release the OK button.
• The firmware upgrade process will begin. You will see information about how much of the firmware is being updated and how much interest has already been completed.

Useful links:
Instructions for updating the firmware (Download) | User's manual | Work with dictionaries

Latest firmware:
from 11.11.2012Attached filee500-0527.rar(82.85 MB)

Old firmware:

The curator of the topic is iGraF

Post has been editedKUKUndrik - 29.08.16, 15:09
Reason for editing: firmware from 11/14/2012

Rep: (179)
On DDiXlab new firmware appeared on May 26, 2011.
Dima writes on the forum that this is only a trial version and will be finalized soon.
Declared fixes and updates in the current version:
- pictures in RTF

We try :)

Post has been editeddoctor_23reg - 26.05.11, 11:59
Reason for editing: added link

Rep: (179)
I did it, I did not notice any special bugs. It seems to have started to work a little faster. Scrolling bug seems to have disappeared.
From what I noticed: I read a book in FB2 format, inside there are pictures, some of them do not scale, do not fit on the screen completely. I still do not understand what's the matter, perhaps the book itself is like this. I will try on other books with illustrations.
And it is not enough after the cooler on the android footnotes in the text. For each footnote, you have to go. Not critical, but I would really like to have footnotes as in a regular book under the text.

Rep: (6)
Prerelease May 27, 2011
- pictures in RTF
- psevdorussky gossip
- minor bug fixes

Post has been edited-s-w-s - 27.05.11, 20:05

Rep: (0)
-s-w-s @ 05/28/2011, 03:52*
Release May 27, 2011
- pictures in RTF
- psevdorussky gossip
- minor bug fixes

Footnotes in this firmware do not work at all.

Rep: (2)
I tried to install dictionaries, according to the instructions from the Digma website. The above examples of dictionaries from the site work fine, but the reader sees additional downloadable dictionaries but issues "XDXF data parsing plug-in is not found!" Do not understand what is missing? Some dictionaries lack a .oft file? Where he is also a message. Who-thread understood? Tell me where to dig? : resent:

The system information is written v2.1 from 12/14/2010 in what sequence to change the firmware, or immediately put the latest?

Rep: (231)
Wayck @ 06/19/2011, 16:19*
immediately put the last

: yes2: Only if something does not suit the factory.

That is, each latest firmware as it includes the previous ones?

Rep: (231)
Wayck, Exaggerating, yes. Something break, add something, but the foundation is one.

I asked for the last off site off. The speed of work has increased quite significantly.

Put e500_fw27_05_2011. Compared to the March pause, when turning over the page, the visually decreased two times ... The glitch with the black screen when turning over is also no longer apparent. "Psevdoruka gossip" - this is something :) I listened purely out of curiosity, but because Even on BB, the quality of pronunciation does not suit me - for me an absolutely unnecessary function ...
That's what I do not understand - why the screen saver? Why can't I just leave the displayed text and turn off?

Before you start working with dictionaries, you need to briefly familiarize yourself with the concept of StarDic (http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarDict). This is a description of the shell that uses dictionaries. Corresponding to the shell itself is not needed, but dictionaries are needed. Under the link finds collections of dictionaries:
http://planetiphone.ru/stardict/
http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/index.php(on the right of the page do not forget to switch the format of dictionaries to stardic.

For simplicity, consider one example, namely the installation of the Dahl dictionary.
The link to which you can download the dictionary:http://www.ddixlab.ru/download/Misc/dict.zip

Please note that each dictionary is usually located in a separate folder. There are files inside this folder. In this example, the following files are contained within the folder (stardict-dal-ru-2.4.2):
dal-ru.dict
dal-ru.idx.oft
dal-ru.idx
dal-ru.ifo
dict - dictionary itself
idx - dictionary index file
oft - file with the description of the path to the index file.
For example, in the Dahl dictionary, the line looks like this:
url = / usr / share / stardict / dic / ru / stardict-dal-ru-2.4.2 / dal-ru.idx *

Oft file is very important, it contains the name of the folder with the dictionary. Therefore, the folder name can not be changed! The system itself calculates the name of this folder.

Now let's load the dictionary into the book.
1. Connect the book to the PC
2. In the root create a folder named dict (the name is required, you can not change to others).
3. In this folder, copy the folder with the dictionary stardict-dal-ru-2.4.2
4. Turn off completely and turn on the book.

After that you can go to the Dictionary section. Immediately see the keyboard. Press the button>and switch to Russian. Select a sector, for example, the central one and the letter P. Click OK. You will immediately see the definition of the letter in the dictionary.

You can use multiple dictionaries.
To do this, exit the keyboard mode and move the focus to the bottom left of the screen (by pressing the down button). Then click the button with the scroll and select the dictionary.

What should I do if after loading the dictionary the error "XDXF data parsing plug-in is not found" appears?
Answer:
1. Download the StarDic program (http://stardict.sourceforge.net/download.php )
2. If you downloaded a zipped dictionary (extension .dz) using 7zip archiver, open the archive and unzip the dic file to the dictionary folder
3. Using the shell downloaded in step 1 - open the 2 tab (decompilation) and select the ifo dictionary file.
4. Decompile
5. Compile again (first tab) by selecting the txt file obtained in step 4.
6. Copy the dictionary to the book

The disadvantage is the display of side special characters.

* the presence of a word in the dic path is correct, the system does not read this path and stops only on the file name. But if you have problems connecting the dictionary, try changing the line by replacing dic with dict. In the firmware version of March 7, 2011, the difference was not noticed

From ddixlab.ru forum

According to rumors from the closest supporter of those. customer support Digma support for the E500 book will be suspended, but the last stable release should come out!

Rep: (1)
-s-w-s @ 05/27/2011, 10:52 PM*
fixed screen update issues

Footnotes in this firmware do not work at all.

Colleagues! Help determine the firmware (the final release is desperate to wait). The information in this thread is fragmentary, there is no full review of the firmware versions. Wondering if there are any flaws in the latest beta version of May 27, compared with the March version?
Now on the reader is the December version of the firmware (from the store):
What does not suit:
- it is impossible to work with footnotes (return from a footnote does not work);
- There is no function "reflow" for text PDF;
- the epub format opens for a very long time;
- briefly holds the battery - about 2 weeks - I do not have time to read 1 book;
What suits:
- transfer speed via USB cable;
- all the rest. :)
I wouldn’t like to lose my good USB performance, I don’t want to lose the battery life, which is so small.
And what were the problems with updating the screen?

Post has been editedyuribas - 09.08.11, 15:04

Rep: (1)
And what were the problems with updating the screen?

regularly turning the screen completely or partially flooded with black (rarely white).

Guys, does anyone have a firmware from March 9? It is from 9 and not from 7. If there is, give the link. Thank you in advance

ywbote , no such from March 9

There is. The site DDiX removed from the download. can anyone stay? ..

It's just on the site it posted on March 9, and she from March 7.

Do not tell me, is it possible to add a Russian keyboard to search through the text of the book? And that is not convenient! Firmware from 03/07/2011 stood at purchase.

Post has been editedprim92 - 03.10.11, 20:41

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/28/19 13:09