> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

If you posted a new version of the program, please notify the moderator by clicking the "Complaint" button on your message.

Catalog of Android programs

510 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> ® Link2SD | Allows you to selectively transfer user applications to the SD card
How do you like the program?
Collect statistics on the work / use of the program
Fully satisfied [ 474 ] ** [66,67%]
Not supported, went to analog [ 72 ] ** [10,13%]
Does not suit, but I use from a hopelessness [ 111 ] ** [15,61%]
I do not need, my device has enough memory [ 54 ] ** [7,59%]
Total votes: 711

member5
Message#1
29.01.11, 19:42
Geefee
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 933
Check in: 20.08.08

Link2SD
version: 4.3.4
Last update of the program in the header:21.06.2018

Attached Image

For the operation of the program requires root user rights.

Short description:
Allows you to selectively transfer installed applications to a memory card.

Description:
More detailed program description
Allows you to transfer to the SD card only those applications that the user selects.In 90% of cases, the free version is enough do not chase the Plus version. Applications are managed in the program itself, to transfer apk to the SD card - select it and select the item Create link Also, it is possible to transfer Dalvik-cache. To work with the program, it is necessary that the SD card contains a section ext2 / ext3 or ext4 . Those. on SD card must be created two primary partition (primary, not extended / logical) - the first FAT 32, the second Ext *. It is on the second section that you can link the necessary applications. How to create partitions on sd card (map preparation) .

Requires Android 2.3+
Russian interface: Yes
Developer: Bulent akpinar
Homepage: http://www.link2sd.info | xda-developers
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD
Program overview onYouTube: https: //www.youtube.co...pb32fs4PMZvQS6EeFX8cxg

Screenshots
Screenshots in Russian

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Useful information
Programs analogues
Related Topics
Polls
  • The work of the program (v4.0.13) on Android 6, the survey was conducted - 14.10.17-01.11.17
    Attached Image

• The work of the program (v4.0.13) on Android 7, the survey was conducted - 01.11.17-16.11.17
    Attached Image

Download

Nuances of old versions of the program / android
About App2SD Script
The program is not compatible with the script App2SD. But..!
ATstandard firmware from the manufacturer of the script App2SD not .
If you are installing custom firmware, read the description of them. You can check the availability of the script usingTitanium backup. Install and run it. At the bottom of the screen there will be several indicators showing the free space on the sections. If there is a 3rd indicator, for example SD card (a2sd), then you have a vac or Android 2.2 or higher or App2SD is installed. Before using Link2SD, you must remove the app2sd script,So or So .

• If you delete a "linked application", the apk package will remain on the second section of the map (in / data / sdext2) it must be removed with pens.
• If you update the "linked application", the apk package of the new application will be in / data / app and the old one will remain on the second section of the map (in / data / sdext2), i.e. it will be necessary to re-create the link, then the new application will move to the map and overwrite the old one.
• Android Market does not see "linked applications", for this purpose there is a "Market Fix" item in the program (you must start the fix when the Market is turned off and unloaded from memory).
• Any "linked application" can be returned back to / data / app.
• In Android versions up to 2.2. Immediately after the transfer, the application icon disappears, but after the first restart, everything is fine.

How to ask a question - description of the problem
If you have carefully read the entire header, and have not found a solution to your problem, do not worry, we will help you, just describe the problem in more detail. It is desirable in this style:
• Make and model of the phone.
• Android version. Link2SD version.
• The presence of root rights. What exactly is the root?
• When / how the error occurred, preferably in more detail.
• Screenshots.

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 02.02.19, 20:10
turik 74
Message#2
29.01.11, 19:53
Local
[offline]

Messages 134
Check in: 16.11.10

Recommendations for using the program
How to avoid possible problems, glitches, freezes(Collected from the xda forum and other places):
• It is recommended to use only on "branded" SD cards i. on those where not only the inscriptionxGB microSD but also indicated the manufacturer, preferably existing in nature.
• It is recommended to use SD cards of at least 4th grade.
• It is recommended to transfer to the map heavy applications with which you are not constantly working. This will reduce the risk of application failures and prolong the life of the SD card (that is, you shouldn’t transfer everything to SD and enjoy the useless free space on your phone).
According to the developer’s assertions, the application itself as such does not hang in the memory, only themount(mounted second section).SimlinkiThey are also part of the file system and do not require additional processes in memory. Accordingly, if the core itself is not crooked and the SD card is normal everything should run absolutely transparent.
• It is recommended to use with the program® Multi Mount SD Cardwhich avoids mount problems in Windows.

FAQ
How to check if the root is installed correctly on my phone?
The easiest way to check if you have root privilege is to run the su command in a shell (terminal). If you do not have a terminal application, you can:
Install the free app “Android Terminal Emulator” from Google Play.
Type su and press enter in the terminal, the superuser's request window should pop up, and when you enable it, the invitation character should
Change the value from '$' to '#'. The pound sign (#) is a typical symbol used to indicate that you are now executing commands as root. If you see something else, your phone is incorrectly ruled.

I get: “The mount script could not be created. /system/etc/install-recovery.sh: not enough memory "error.
Some HTC NAND Blocked devices. On “NAND locked” (or “S-ON”) devices, the system partition is write-protected by the bootloader and therefore cannot be changed, even if you have root privileges.
To use Link2SD, you need to make an “S-OFF” to disable this NAND lock. (Otherwise, "unlock NAND" or "unlock bootloader")

Do I need a busybox block for Link2SD?
No, it is not required.

I installed link2SD, and it moves the applications to the main SD section instead of the 2nd section.
Click “Create Link” to move and link applications to the second section using Link2SD. You can see the label "Related ->SD cards "for related applications.
If you click “Move to SD”, the application will be transferred to the first section using the app2sd method for Android OS. This is the same as Application Management, and then Move to SD. You can see the label "on the SD card" for these applications.

What is the difference between “Move to SD card (native to Android)” and “Create a (symbolic) link” in Link2SD? Which method retains the greatest amount of internal memory, what are the advantages of “binding” to “moving” and vice versa?
Starting with Android 2.2 (Froyo), Google introduced native apps2SD.
This method moves:
* Apk file on Android 2.2
* Apk + lib files on Android 2.3+
To a secure folder on the SD card in the main FAT section.
This is the easiest way, because it does not require the separation of your sdcard and root privilige.
However, it has some drawbacks:
The first disadvantage is that the application files are simply stored on the main FAT partition on the sdcard.
When you enable USB mass storage to share files with a computer (or otherwise disable or delete external storage), any application installed on external storage and is currently running is killed.
The system is not actually aware of the application until mass storage is disconnected and external storage is re-installed on the device.
In addition to killing the application and its inaccessibility to the user, this can seriously disrupt some types of applications.
The second drawback is that not all applications can be navigated using the apps2sd method of their own because of the above reason.
In order for the application to behave consistently as expected, the developer should not allow the application to be installed on external memory if it uses any of the following functions due to the reasons specified when external memory is unmounted:
Widgets, services, emergency services, live wallpapers, real-time folders, account managers, sync adapters, broadcast receivers that listen for “download complete”.
Power course (requires root);
You can force applications to move to the SD card with native apps2SD, even if the application does not support moving, as described above.
Link2SD and some other applications can force the application to move if you have root privileges. But note that this may break some applications, as described above.

Link2SD moves the apk + dex + lib application files to the second section and creates symbolic links in the original locations on the internal storage.
The first advantage is that it can free up more space from the internal storage compared to its own apps2sd method, since it also moves the dex file.
The second advantage of Link2Sd over native apps2sd is that by creating symbolic links, you get Android, assuming that these applications are installed in the internal memory, although in fact all the files are on SD.
Therefore, you can link all applications with an SD card; Widgets, services, live wallpapers, etc., All of them will work without problems from the SD card.
The third advantage is that even when you install an SD card on your computer, your related applications are still alive and working!
Because Android disables the first FAT partition for sharing files with your computer, but the second partition remains installed. Link2SD allows you to run all your "SD-applications" even when installed on a computer as a disk.
And the disadvantage is that, obviously, this requires root privilege and the second section on your SD card.
It does not work out of the box as a native apps2sd, you need to launch your device and create a second partition on your SD card by yourself.

How to create a partition on the SD card?
If your phone has a special restoration (ClockworkMod or AmonRa), you can use it to create a second partition on your SD card.
Or you can use a computer to create it;
In Windows, there are some free applications for the partition manager, such as MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition, EaseUS Partition Master Home, etc. You can use any of these that you prefer.
On Linux, you can use GParted.
On Mac OS, you can use your disk utility.

I get an error when installing my Ext section. He says the device is busy.
Your second partition may already be installed. Most likely, your rom is already built in a2sd, try disabling a2sd on your ROM.

I successfully created Link2SD and linked most of my applications to the SD card and turned on the “auto link”. But when I install a new application, I see an abbreviation on the internal storage, even if the application is connected. Why am I still losing space?
Starting from version 3.4, Link2SD Plus can move the application's personal data files, which are located in the / data / data directory. You need to use a non-FAT file system (ext2, ext3, ext4 or f2fs) on your second partition to link the personal data files of the application. Since the FAT file system (FAT16, FAT32 or exFAT) does not support compatibility with files or permissions compatible with UNIX (compatible with POSIX), and will lead to a failure in protecting personal files of the application.
Starting from version 4.0, Link2SD Plus can move external and actual application and game folders to the 1st or 2nd section (depending on your choice) of the SD card. The second section on the SD card is optional for this function, folders can be moved to the 1st or 2nd section. Associated folders are linked at boot time.

I have linked the application, but when I switch to “Settings ->Applications ->Application Management ”, I see that the application is still on my phone, the“ Move to SD card ”button is active.
Creating symbolic links, you get Android, assuming that these applications are installed in the internal memory, although in fact all the files are on the SD.
To check whether the application is connected or not, use the Link2SD application.

I am getting a read-only file system error and can no longer link any application.
If your second partition becomes read only, it may be a file system error or corruption. On Linux (and Android), any file system error can make the file system read-only (to protect fs).
Try reformatting the second partition or fsck utiltiy to fix fs errors. The following is an example of using the fsck command.
e2fsck -fpDC0 / dev / block / mmcblk0p2
In addition, if you are using AmonRa recovery, you can run it “Recover sd-ext” to fix the file system errors in the second section.

What does it mean to freeze the application - what is the benefit of doing this?
Freezing the application makes it disabled in the system. The application is still installed, but it cannot work (cannot be opened, enabled, accessible, etc.).
The advantage of this can be an obstacle to working in the background, loading data and destroying the battery when you are not even using it. With a simple un-freeze, you can run the frozen application again.
Disabled apps are marked as “Frozen” on Link2SD.
Another way is to remove unnecessary applications manually, but the problem with manually removing applications is that you cannot receive updates on the market.
In addition, after removing the application, it is difficult to return it in case you really need it.
Freezing allows you to get the same benefits as deleting, allowing you to receive updates and instantly freeze the use of a frozen application.
Please note that freezing does not free up space on your phone, application files are still where they are.

I see that -Updated- label in some applications, what does this mean?
Pre-installed applications (for example, YouTube, Google Maps, Google Voice, etc.) will initially be system applications that are in / system.
When updating such applications, the old apk will remain on the / system, while the updated version will be placed in / data. After this update, the application will be marked “Updated” in Link2SD.
For system applications in the -Updated-status state, you can free up space in / data by replacing the old apk (in / system) with your updated version (from / data). This can be done by selecting the option Link2SD “Integrate update into the system”.
To save even more memory for such applications, you can select a link to these applications via Link2SD. However, system applications cannot be linked to Link2SD, so before they can be done, they must be converted from a system application to a user application before. It can be done:
*) Converting an application from the System application to a user application via Link2SD (“Convert to user application” option), and then link it via Link2SD
or
*) Disable the application via Link2SD, then reboot, then reinstall it from Google Play (it will be installed again as a user application), and then connect it via Link2SD
Converting from a system application to a user application via Link2SD (option 1 above) for existing and running applications can lead to problems (“the application has stopped without any errors”) that can persist even after rebooting your device. In such cases, the second option above may be the best solution. However, before using option 2 above and removing such applications, make sure that you can later reinstall them from Google Play.
Never do this for internal Android components, only for pre-installed applications such as YouTube, Google Voice, Google Maps, pre-installed File explorer applications, etc.

Free space does not increase after binding applications, what could be the reason for this?
Moving files to the second section and creating symbolic links may delay the freeing of storage space; It may take some time for the changes to be visible.
Or you can restart your phone to immediately see the changes.

What exactly does “Clear the second section” do?
The “Clear second partition” function scans the second partition (directory / data / sdext2) and finds apk and dex files that are not associated with any of the applications (for example, garbage files). Upon completion, display the found files and ask them to confirm their removal. It does not delete anything without your permission.

What exactly does "Link dalvik-cache files" do?
The “Link dalvik-cache files” function finds applications related to their apk files, but the dex files are not linked, and then link the dex files from them.

What exactly does "clear dalvik-cache" do?
"Clear dalvik-cache function" scans the folder / Data / dalvik-cache and finds files that are not associated with any applications (i.e. garbage files). When done, shows the files he found and asks for confirmation to delete them. He did not delete anything without your permission.

The library files that I linked are released after rebooting my phone, why?
On Android 2.3 and 2.2, links to the lib files are lost after a reboot, because the PackageManager service unpacks all of its own libraries from apk files at boot time.
Android 2.3 binds directories of the native library and does not unpack libraries for applications on an external map, since they have their own libraries in the ASEC container. But it unpacks the lib files linked by Link2SD.
Logcat log shows what is happening ...
I / PackageManager (184): Unpacking native libraries for /data/app/com.aurorasoftworks.quadrant.ui.standard-1.apk
I / PackageManager (184): Unpacking native libraries for /data/app/com.cerience.reader.app-1.apk
I / PackageManager (184): Unpacking native libraries for /data/app/arity.calculator-1.apk
I / PackageManager (184): Unpacking native libraries for /data/app/com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2-1.apk
You can use “relink lib files at boot option” as a workaround.

In fact, “automatic link” is enabled, some applications are not connected to the SD card automatically, instead I see that they are installed on the SD card using the app2sd method for Android. I need to tie them by hand.
Starting with Android 2.2, application developers can express the preferred installation location for their applications in the application manifest. The attribute supports three values: “internalOnly”, “preferExternal” and “auto”.
During installation, the system checks the android: installLocation value and installs the .apk application according to its preferred location, if possible. If the application has requested an external installation, the system installs it on the SD card. If the attribute is “auto,” the system will decide where to install the application based on several factors.
If an application is installed on an SD card using its own app2sd method, it cannot be tied to an SD card using Link2SD.
You need to tie it by hand.
If you decide to use Link2SD and “auto link”, set the default installation location for “internal” in Link2SD to prevent Link2SD conflict with your own app2sd.
In this case, applications will be installed in the internal storage, even if the application is declared as “preferExternal” or “auto”, and Link2SD can link its files.

Every time the message “mount warning” is loaded on the phone, and I have to quickly restart the phone to see my related applications, what could be the reason?
In some roms (for example, the new Gingerbread ROM) for Samsung there are no install-recovery.sh and init.d scripts to install the second partition on boot.
Therefore, Link2SD mounts the second partition after the installation is complete, and you need to perform a “Quick Reboot” after each “real boot”.
This problem has been fixed since version 1.9.11. If you're still experimenting with this problem, install the latest version and run "Restore Mount Scripts" from the menu in Link2SD.

I can not see some of the applications that I connected to "my applications" in the market.
Try to clear the cache and data for the Market app in Link2SD.
If some applications are still missing in My Applications after that, just install any application from the market and they will appear.

I turn off my phone to remove the SD card, then turn on when the SD card is removed. After I re-insert the SD card, all applications connected to the SD card receive strength close and do not open.
In Android 1.6 and 2.1, the lack of permissions for applications can lead to the closure of these privileges.
In Android 2.2+, this is not the case; you can delete, reload, and re-insert the SD card without any problems.

What happens if I delete or update a related application?
If you delete the associated application, the apk, dex and lib files will be automatically deleted from the Link2SD SD card.
If you update the linked application, the new apk, dex and lib files will first be placed in internal memory, and then they will automatically be redirected to Link2SD in the background. After updating the application, you do not need to manually reconnect.
Note. Since the application is reconnected, on Android 1.6 and 2.1, the application shortcut and widget must be added to the desktop if the apk file is linked.

I saw a new version of Link2SD on the market, do I need to disable my applications before upgrading and then reuse the new version?
No, you do not need to do anything before upgrading, you can directly upgrade to the new version.

What happens to my related apps if I delete the Link2SD app? Will my related applications be automatically deleted or transferred back to the phone's memory? And then, if I set it back, will they stay there?
Nothing has happened. All related applications remain intact and can be started even if you remove Link2SD.
And if you install Link2SD back, you will see that they are connected there.

I get a “Segmentation Error” error on ICS (Android 4.0) when I try to move the application to the SD card or try to freeze / unlock the application.
This is due to a problem in the su binary superuser on ICS.
Try with Superuser ClockworkMod or SuperSU from Chaninfire.

I updated / changed my ROM, and I do not see my associated applications, their files are on the second section, but the system cannot see the applications. How can I make them available, do I need to reinstall and reuse them again?
No, if you did not delete the data when updating the ROM, you only need to run "Restore Mount Scripts" from the "menu ->more "in Link2SD and perform a normal (not fast) reboot.
If you wiped the data, after running “Restore Mount Scripts” and reboot, run “Override all application files” from the “menu ->more, and then reboot. After rebooting, all your related applications should be available again.
If you also cleaned dalvik-cache, in addition to the above step, perform “Link dalvik-cache files”.

I installed Link2SD on my Samsung Galaxy S3. When I try to move any application to the SD card, I get a warning that my device does not support app2sd. What does it mean?
Currently, Android only supports the main external storage for its own App2SD feature.
If the primary external storage is emulated from the internal memory of the phone (for example, in S3, Note 1 and 2, etc.) Or does not exist at all, moving the application to the SD function is not supported by the Android system. This is a device limitation (rom & hardware).
You can link an application to transfer its files to an SD card.

When I try to bind an application, I get the message "mkdir failed for / data / sdext2 / data, File exists" error.
This bug has been fixed since version 2.4. If you're still experimenting with this problem, install the latest version and run “Recreate mount scripts” from the menu in Link2SD and reboot.

When I try to link the internal data of certain applications (for example, Facebook), they cannot be linked and get an error message, sometimes the application crashes.
Try to freeze the application before linking the internal data, you can defrost it after the completion of the layout.

I get the error "mount: Operation not supported on transport endpoint" error in creating mount scripts.
Try using ext4 partition.

FAQ_original
Q. How can I check if my phone is properly rooted?
It is a command to the shell (terminal). If you don't have a terminal app, you can
install free "Android Terminal Emulator" application from the Google Play.

You should be able to
change from '$' to '#'. You’re now running commands as root. If you see something different, your phone is not properly rooted.

Q. I get "Mount script cannot be created. Cannot create / system / etc / install-recovery.sh: not enough memory" error.
Some HTC devices are "NAND locked". On the "NAND locked" (or "S-ON") devices, it can be modified by the bootloader.
In order to use "S-OFF" to disable this NAND lock. (a.k.a. "NAND unlock" or "unlocking the bootloader")

Q. Is busybox required for Link2SD?
No, not required.

Q. I’m installed the link to the main partition of SD instead of the 2nd partition.
Click the "Create Link" link to link2SD. You can see "Linked ->SD card "label for linked apps.
If you click "Move to SD" app2sd method of Android OS This is the same as going to "Manage Applications" and then clicking "Move to SD". You can see "on SD Card" label for those apps.

Q. What is the difference between “Move to SD Card (Native to Android)" and “Create (Symbolic) Link” in Link2SD?
What is the advantages of "linking" over "moving" and vice versa?

Native apps2sd
Starting with Android 2.2 (Froyo) Google introduced native apps2SD.
This method moves

* apk file on Android 2.2
* apk + lib files on Android 2.3+

SD card partition in the main FAT partition.

It doesn’t need to be able to replace your sdcard and root privilige.

It has some disadvantages though.

First disadvantage is that the main FAT partition.
When you enable your computer, it’s not a problem.
The system effectively becomes the unpatched storage device.
It is not a problem.

This is the second app.
It is not necessary to ensure that it is not a problem.
Widgets, Services, Alarm Services, Live Wallpapers, Live Folders, Account Managers, Sync Adapters, Broadcast Receivers listening for "boot completed".

Force move (requires root);
SDS2SD is not supported even as the application has been described above.
Link2SD can be move if you have root privileges. But,

Link2SD

Link2SD moves apk + dex
This is where you can see how it moves away from home.

If you’re online, you’ll find out how to get it.
Therefore you can link all applications to SD card; widgets, services, live wallpapers etc., SD card.

The third advantage is that even when you are on your PC
It remains the third partition. Link2SD allows you to run all of your "SD apps" even when mounted on your computer as a disk drive.

And, disadvantage is that it requires a SD card.
It’s not a work of your own card.

Q. How can I create my SD card?
If you have a custom recovery installed (ClockworkMod or AmonRa)
Or you can use a computer to create it;
on Windows there are some free partition manager applications such as "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition", "EaseUS Partition Master Home" etc. You can prefer it.
on Linux you can use GParted.
on Mac OS you can use its Disk Utility.
Q. I get the error of my Ext partition. It says device busy.
Your second partition may be already mounted. Most probably your rom has already been builtin a2sd, try to disable a2sd on your ROM.

Q. I have a “auto link” link. But when I install a new app, it’s even if the app is linked. Why am I still losing space?
Link2SD doesn’t link to the internal storage. If you’re moving, you’ll still be moving.

Begining from version 3.4, Link2SD Plus can move the application's private data files that are located in the / data / data directory. You need to use the file system (ext2, ext3, ext4 or f2fs). Because the FAT file system (FAT16, FAT32 or exFAT) doesn’t support UNIX (POSIX compliant), it can breakdown the app \ 's private files.

Files and obb files are located on the internal storage. You can fill up your internal storage in that case.

Beginning of the SD card from version 4.0, Link2SD Plus. The folder can be moved to Linked folders are bound at boot time.

Q. I've linked an app, but when I go to "Settings ->Applications ->Manage applications "I see that my app is still on my phone," Move to SD card "button is active.
If you’re on the SD card, you’ll get it.
Link2SD application.

Q. I am getting any app anymore.
It becomes a filesystem error or corruption. On Linux (and Android) you can read files (for protecting fs).
If you’re trying to reformat your system, it’s not a problem.

e2fsck -fpDC0 / dev / block / mmcblk0p2

Also you can run its "Repair sd-ext" function.

Q. What is the benefit of doing that?
Freezing app makes it disabled in the system. The app is still installed, but it cannot be run (cannot be opened, turned on, accessed, etc).
If you don’t even use it. With a simple un-freeze you can run a frozen app again.
Disabled apps are marked -Frozen- in Link2SD.

It can be not getting any updates.
Plus, once you delete an app, it is really necessary.
It will be possible to get freezing.

Note that freezing doesn’t clear up the phone files.

Q. I see -Updated- label on some applications, what does it mean?
Pre-installed apps (eg. YouTube, Google Maps, Google Voice, etc.) will be system apps, residing in / system.
When updating the app, it will stay in / system. After such an update, the app will be marked -Updated- in Link2SD.
For their apps, they can be uploaded to their app. This can be done by selecting the Link2SD option "Integrate update into system".
For saving even more memory space for such apps, you may select these link via Link2SD. However, it’s not a problem. This can either be done by:
*) Converting the app from System app to User app via Link2SD (option "Convert to user app"), then link it via Link2SD
or
*) Un-install the app, then reboot, then re-install it from Google Play (then it will be re-installed as a user app), then link it via Link2SD

Converting from a junction (option 1 above) for existing and running apps (for example, stopped), which may persist even after rebooting your device. May be a better solution. However, before using option 2 above and uninstalling such apps, make sure you’ve been able to re-install them from Google Play afterwards.
Android components, only for pre-installed apps like YouTube, Google Voice, Google Maps, pre-installed File explorer apps, etc.

Q. It?
Delaying the freeing of storage space; you can see.
Or you can change the phone to the changes immediately.

Q. What exactly is "Clean up the 2nd partition" do?
"Clean up the 2nd partition" (it can be associated with any apps (i.e. garbage files)). When finished, it shows. It doesn’t delete anything without your permission.

Q. What exactly does "Link dalvik-cache files" do?
It is not necessary to find out how to use it. "Link dalvik-cache files"

Q. What exactly is "Clean up the dalvik-cache" do?
"Clean up the dalvik-cache" function. When finished, it shows. It doesn’t delete anything without your permission.

Q. Library files that I linked get unlinked after restarting my phone, why?
On Android 2.3 and 2.2, the app downloads are not lost after rebooting.

Android 2.3 downloads since they have been in the ASEC container. But it is unpacks the lib files that are linked by Link2SD.

Logcat log shows what is going on ...

I / PackageManager (184): Unpacking native libraries for /data/app/com.aurorasoftworks.quadrant.ui.standard-1.apk
I / PackageManager (184): Unpacking native libraries for /data/app/com.cerience.reader.app-1.apk
I / PackageManager (184): Unpacking native libraries for /data/app/arity.calculator-1.apk
I / PackageManager (184): Unpacking native libraries for /data/app/com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2-1.apk

You can use "relink lib files at boot option" as workaround.

Q. Altough "auto link" is on, some apps are not linked to the SD card automatically, instead of the app2sd method of Android. I need to link them manually.
For Android 2.2. The attribute supports three values: "internalOnly", "preferExternal", and "auto".
At install time, it will be possible to install and install the application. Install it in the SD card. If the attribute is "auto", the system will decide where to install it.

If it is not an app2sd method, it can not be linked to SD card with Link2SD.
You need to link it manually.

Link2SD and the auto link2SD.
In this case, the app will be installed in the internal storage even if it is not preferred.

Q. Every time I’m on the phone, I’m sure I’ve been able to get a phone message.
Some roms (for example, Samsung Gingerbread ROMs) do not have install-recovery.sh and init.d scripts.
Therefore, it is necessary to perform "Quick reboot" after each "real boot".

This problem has been fixed starting from version 1.9.11. If you are still experimenting with the "Recreate mount scripts" version of the menu within Link2SD.

Q. I can't see any apps in the market.
Try clean cache application for Link2SD.
If you’re still having some apps, you’re still missing from the app.

Q. I switch off the SD card, then switch it on while the SD card is removed. After I insert the SD card again, I’m not able to get it.
On Android 1.6 and 2.1, missing app permissions.
On Android 2.2+, you can remove the SD card without any problem.

On Android 1.6 and 2.1, it is re-installing the app. You can re-install the app within Link2SD, it will not download anything.

If you are on the phone, you can’t find it on Android 1.6 and 2.1.
Even if it’s not a problem

Monitoring adb logcat

W / PackageManager (138): Not granting permission android.permission.INTERNET to package<an app>it was previously installed without
W / PackageManager (138): Not granting permission android.permission.WAKE_LOCK to package<an app>it was previously installed without
W / PackageManager (138): Not granting permission android.permission.VIBRATE to package<an app>because it was previously installed without

/data/system/packages.xml file, which stores which apps are installed

<package name = "bz.ktk.bubble" codePath = "/ data / app / bz.ktk.bubble.apk" system = "false" ts = "1297597502000" version = "19" userId = "10024">
<sigs count = "1">
<cert index = "18" key = "30820255308201bea0030201020204490d7e ..." />
</ sigs>
<perms />
</ package>

as you can see. But it should not be like this:

<perms>
<package name = "bz.ktk.bubble" codePath = "/ data / app / bz.ktk.bubble.apk" system = "false" ts = "1297597502000" version = "19" userId = "10024">
<sigs count = "1">
<cert index = "18" key = "30820255308201bea0030201020204490d7e ..." />
</ sigs>
<perms>
<item name = "android.permission.WAKE_LOCK" />
<item name = "android.permission.VIBRATE" />
</ perms>
</ package>

Manually editing the packages.xml file does not help. Install the application.
You can use batch reinstall capability of Link2SD.

Q. What happens if I uninstall or update a linked application?
If you uninstall the SD card by Link2SD.
If you have been updated, you will be automatically relinked by Link2SD in the background. After updating an application.
Note: Since the app has been re-added, it should be re-added.

Q. I’ve seen a new version of Link2SD in the market.
Before upgrading, you can directly upgrade to the new version.

Q.What does that happen to uninstall the Link2SD app?
Will my phone be connected back to phone memory? I’ll stay there?
Nothing happens. All linked apps remain intact and can be run even if you uninstall the Link2SD.
And if you install Link2SD back, you can see that they are there as linked.

Q. I get the "Segmentation Fault" error on ICS (Android 4.0) when I try to get it.
ChainsDD's superuser su binary on ICS.
Try with ClockworkMod's Superuser or Chaninfire's SuperSU.

Q. I can’t see it. How can I make them available again?
No, if you’re not interested, you can download the "Recreate mount scripts" from "menu ->more "within Link2SD and do a normal (not quick) reboot.
If you wiped up the data, after executing "Recreate mount scripts" and rebooting, run "Relink all application files" from the menu ->more "and then reboot. All of your apps should be available again after reboot.
If you also wiped dalvik-cache, in addition to the above step run "Link dalvik-cache files".

Q. I have installed Link2SD on my Samsung Galaxy S3. When I try to get a card, I’m not sure to support app2sd. What does it mean?
Currently, Android only supports the App2SD function.
There is no need for a mobile phone. It's the limitation of device (rom & hardware).
You can link to your SD card.

Q. When I try to link an app I get "mkdir failed for / data / sdext2 / data, File exists" error.
This error has been fixed starting from version 2.4. If you still need to do this, please click "Recreate mount scripts" from the menu within Link2SD and reboot.

Q. When I try to get it, I’m not always happy to get it.
Try to "freeze" the app before you can get it.

Q. I get "mount: Operation endpoint"
Try with an ext4 partition.

Picture

Post has been editedAndrewP_one - 04.04.18, 19:17
Reason for editing: Technical post.
NM666
Message#3
30.01.11, 00:49
Veteran
[offline]

Messages 1344
Check in: 05.01.08
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Exynos

What are the advantages over Android 2.2 + Titanium Backup?
tris77
Message#4
30.01.11, 11:48
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 603
Check in: 11.07.07
Xiaomi Mi 5

NM666 @ 01/30/2011, 00:49*
What are the advantages over Android 2.2 + Titanium Backup?

If I'm not mistaken, then this is a completely different program. Titanium Backup makes backup copies of programs and user data. And Link2SD transfers programs to SD, thereby saving space in the device’s memory.
_alihan_
Message#5
30.01.11, 16:20
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 10
Check in: 12.12.10

Hat_v1.1

Link2SD download

Version: 4.0.13

Last update of the program in the header:20.10.2016

Attached Image

Screenshots:
Screenshots in Russian

[attachment = "6255348: 1 (1) .jpg"] [attachment = "6255349: 1 (2) .jpg"] [attachment = "6255350: 1 (3) .jpg"] [attachment = "6255351: 1 ( 4) .jpg "] [attachment =" 6255352: 1 (5) .jpg "] [attachment =" 6255353: 1 (6) .jpg "] [attachment =" 6255355: 1 (7) .jpg "] [attachment = "6255356: 1 (8) .jpg"]

Short description:

Description:
More detailedprogram description
Program withforum xda-developers.
Allows you to transfer to the SD card only those applications that the user selects. Those. unlike the script, app2sd will not transfer the entire folder/ data / app, but only selected apk. Application management is carried out in the program itself. To transfer apk to an SD memory card, select it and select the itemCreate link. It is also possible to choose whether to transfer Dalvik-cache. Even without transferring the cache, the effect of the program is quite noticeable. The advantage is that Link2SD is put as a package, i.e. No need to copy files in the terminal and run scripts.
To work with the program, it is necessary that the SD card contains a sectionext2, ext3, or ext4.
Those. two must be created on the SD cardprimary partition (primary, not extended / logical) - the first FAT 32, the second Ext. It is on the second section that you can link the necessary applications. Link to English wiki with example breakdown using MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition .

The program is not compatible with the script App2SD. But..!
ATstandard firmware from the manufacturer of the script App2SD not .
If you are installing custom firmware, read the description of them. You can check the availability of the script usingTitanium backup. Install and run it. At the bottom of the screen there will be several indicators showing the free space on the sections. If there is a 3rd indicator, for example SD card (a2sd), then you have a vac or Android 2.2 or higher or App2SD is installed. Before using Link2SD, you must uninstall the app2sd script,So or So .

Ways to move applications to an external memory card
Differences between the terms "Refer" and "Transfer"
"Mount script cannot be created. Mount: no such device" - 1 2 3
The program does not work with two memory cards (external and internal)
Preparing an SD card (several ways) - В® Link2SD (Post # 23560787)
How to create partitions on a memory card using TWRP - ® Link2SD (Post Hikon08 # 60833944)
Internal memory (internal) is NOT recommended. - 1 2 3
View the 2nd section of the map on Windows - ® Link2SD (Post psychodan # 55959739)
How to make friends Link2SD with Android 6.0 - ® Link2SD (Post Cabba # 55812210)
Work with the KingRoot family is sometimes possible, but not guaranteed.
If you froze the system application and the phone does not load
Remove remnants of Link2SD (if it is no longer needed)
About the health of patched versions - В® Link2SD (Post # 35582194)
How to put the program in the firmware - ® Link2SD (Post # 36213784)
Key activation instructions - ® Link2SD (Post Ve7eLOVE # 48428895) | and further
The program does not start - hangs in the status update (circle is spinning)
Problems with a memory card are discussing here or here

Recommendations for use
How to avoid possible problems, glitches, freezes (Collected from the xda forum and other places):
It is recommended to use only on "branded" SD cards i.e. on those where not only the inscription xGB microSD but also indicated the manufacturer, preferably existing in nature.
Recommended use SD card as minimum 4th grade .
Recommended transfer to card heavy applications you work with not always . This will reduce the risk of application failures and prolong the life of the SD card . (i.e. you should not transfer everything to SD and enjoy the presence of useless free space in the phone).
According to the developer’s assertions, the application itself as such does not hang in the memory, only themount(mounted second section).SimlinkiThey are also part of the file system and do not require additional processes in memory. Accordingly, if the core itself is not crooked and the SD card is normal everything should run absolutely transparent.
Recommended use with the program ® Multi Mount SD Card which avoids mount problems in Windows.

From here:
If, when you try to perform any manipulations with the application via Link2SD, it gives you the error "install failed storage storage", it means there is not enough memory in the internal memory of the phone, and only after it releases the required amount of space, everything will work.
Example: you want to transfer the application installed on the memory card in the standard way (in the .android_secure folder) to the ext-partition, but the error "get failed storage" pops out. The fact is that the application moves first to the internal memory of the phone, and only then to the ext-partition!
The nuances of the old versions of the program, there are no such problems in the fresh versions
  • If you delete the "linked application", the apk package will remain on the second section of the map (in / data / sdext2) it must be removed with pens.
  • If you update the "linked application", the apk package of the new application will be in / data / app and the old one will remain on the second section of the map (in / data / sdext2), i.e. it will be necessary to re-create the link, then the new application will move to the map and overwrite the old one.
  • Android Layout does not see "linked applications", for this purpose there is a "Market Fix" item in the program (you need to start the fix when the Market is turned off and unloaded from memory).
  • Any "linked application" can be returned back to / data / app.
  • In versions of Android up to 2.2. Immediately after the transfer, the application icon disappears, but after the first restart, everything is fine.
Programs analogues

Homepage: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=919326
Google Play: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD
Video review

Download:
Version: 4.0.13 Free ® Link2SD (Post aleks12 # 54268644)
Version: 4.0.13 Patched MOD Lite ® Link2SD (Post Cobra111111 # 54321085)
Version: 4.0.13 MOD RUmax ® Link2SD (Post slim208 # 59862004)

Link2SD Plus (Key) v.1.1 ® Link2SD (Post # 36947727)
Link2SD License Patcher v2.9 ® Link2SD (Post Alex0047 # 38128328)

Past versions
version 4.x
version 3.x
Version: 3.7.3 Patched ® Link2SD (Post # 37094412)
Version: 3.7.3 ® Link2SD (Post # 37093087)
Version: 3.7.2 Patched ® Link2SD (Post # 37082889)
version: 3.7.2 ® Link2SD (Post # 37063833)
Version: 3.7.1 Patched ® Link2SD (Post # 37058203)
version: 3.7.1 ® Link2SD (Post # 37052827)
Version: 3.6.2 Patched ® Link2SD (Post # 36396922)
Version: 3.6.2 ® Link2SD (Post # 36395399)
Link2SD Plus (Key) v.1.0.8 В® Link2SD (Post # 33634684)
Version: 3.6.1 Patched ® Link2SD (Post # 36373904)
version: 3.6.1 ® Link2SD (Post # 36354780)
Version: 3.5.3 Patched В® Link2SD (Post # 35791470)
version: 3.6 ® Link2SD (Post # 36354780)
Version: 3.5.3 //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/d...com.buak.Link2SD-2.apk
Version: 3.5.2 В® Link2SD (Post # 32858230)
Version: 3.5.2 Patched В® Link2SD (Post # 32853063)
Version: 3.5.1 В® Link2SD (Post # 32470165)
Version: 3.5.1 Patched В® Link2SD (Post # 32470165)
version: 3.5 В® Link2SD (Post # 32402517)
Version: 3.5 Patched В® Link2SD (Post # 32414917)
Link2SD Plus (Key) v.1.0.6 ® Link2SD (Post # 30147473)
Version: 3.4.7 Patched В® Link2SD (Post # 32267571)
Version: 3.4.8 В® Link2SD (Post # 32274067)
Version: 3.4.7 В® Link2SD (Post # 32257941)
Version: 3.4.6 Plus В® Link2SD (Post # 31469932)
Version: 3.4.6 В® Link2SD (Post # 31319444)
Version: 3.4.5 Plus В® Link2SD (Post # 31113879)
Version: 3.4.5 В® Link2SD (Post # 31123066)
version: 3.4.4 В® Link2SD (Post # 31018049)
Version: 3.4.2 Patched В® Link2SD (Post # 30876594)
Version: 3.4.3 ® Link2SD (Post # 30907771)
Version: 3.4.2 В® Link2SD (Post # 30876313)
Version: 3.4.1 ® Link2SD (Post # 30863394)
Version: 3.4.1 Patched В® Link2SD (Post # 30862732)
version: 3.4 ® Link2SD (Post # 30863394)
Version: 3.3.1 Patched //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/dl/post/4333707/Link2SD_3.3.1.apk
Version: 3.3.1 В® Link2SD (Post # 30199698)
Version: 3.2.1 Patched В® Link2SD (Post # 29794193)
Version: 3.1.5 Ad-Free В® Link2SD (Post # 29178256)
Version: 3.3 ® Link2SD (Post # 30048177)
Link2SD Plus v1.0.5 В® Link2SD (Post # 30000666)
Version: 3.2.1 В® Link2SD (Post # 29783003)
Link2SD Plus v1.0.4 ® Link2SD (Post # 29902430)
Link2SD Plus v1.0.3 В® Link2SD (Post # 29780175)
Link2SD Plus v1.0.2 В® Link2SD (Post # 29715428)
Version: 3.2 В® Link2SD (Post # 29693257)
version: 3.1.5 В® Link2SD (Post # 29155520)
version: 3.1.4 Ad-Free В® Link2SD (Post # 29096780)
version: 3.1.4 В® Link2SD (Post # 29096879)
version: 3.1.3 //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=215405&view=findpost&p=28529735
version: 3.1.2 Ad-Free ® Link2SD (Post # 28267816)
version: 3.1.2 В® Link2SD (Post # 27638164)
Version: 3.1.1 AD-Free В® Link2SD (Post # 27270250)
version: 3.1.1 В® Link2SD (Post # 27211266)
version: 3.1 В® Link2SD (Post # 27149068)
Version: 3.0.1 //savagemessiahzine.com/forum/dl/post/3774247/Link2SD_3.0.1.apk
version: 3.0 В® Link2SD (Post # 27012334)
version 2.x
version 1.x

Hat_v2
Link2SD
Version: 4.0.13

Last update of the program in the header:20.10.2016

[attachment = "6255345: unnamed_result.png"]
Screenshots:
Screenshots in Russian

[attachment = "6255348: 1 (1) .jpg"] [attachment = "6255349: 1 (2) .jpg"] [attachment = "6255350: 1 (3) .jpg"] [attachment = "6255351: 1 ( 4) .jpg "] [attachment =" 6255352: 1 (5) .jpg "] [attachment =" 6255353: 1 (6) .jpg "] [attachment =" 6255355: 1 (7) .jpg "] [attachment = "6255356: 1 (8) .jpg"]

Short description:

Description:
More detailed program description
Allows you to transfer to the SD card only those applications that the user selects. Application management is carried out in the program itself. To transfer apk to the SD card - select it and select the itemCreate link. Also, it is possible to transfer Dalvik-cache. Even without transferring the cache, the effect of the program is noticeable. The advantage is that Link2SD is put as a package, i.e. No need to copy files in the terminal and run scripts.
To work with the program, it is necessary that the SD card contains a sectionext2 / ext3 or ext4.
Those. two must be created on the SD cardprimary partition (primary, not extended / logical) - the first FAT 32, the second Ext *. It is on the second section that you can link the necessary applications. How to create partitions on sd card (map preparation) .

The program may not work correctly, or does not work at all for Android 6 and above (see polls)! An indirect confirmation of this is the latest version of the changelog (4.0.13), namely:"is preparing a comprehensive support for Android 6 and 7". So, we have 3 ways out of the situation: usecrutchoranalogsorAdoptable storage.

Instructions. ✔ Problem Solving
Programs analogues