How do you get books for readers? | Poll
How do you get reader books?
How?
I download for free [ 1137 ] ** [86,14%]
I buy on litres-like resources [ 18 ] ** [1,36%]
It's not always the same [ 165 ] ** [12,5%]
Total votes: 1320

Rep: (1248)
So, the burning question is on the agenda.
Do not be shy, express your opinion and give arguments!

Post has been editedBamboo - 21.01.11, 13:17

Rep: (480)
Let’s still express my opinion on a burning issue ...
Of course I download for free. And the reason is not only that it is a pity for money, but also because in stores of electronic books there is no corny what I read. And I read mostly translated fiction.
And it won’t be in the foreseeable future due to copyright issues ...

Not about e-books, but very close to the topic

Social network user faces 6 years in prison for piracy
In Russia, for the first time, a case has been opened for copyright infringement on social networks.

The investigation opened a criminal case against the user of the VKontakte site.

The 26-year-old resident of Moscow on his personal page posted 18 audio recordings of a famous Russian music group, the number of downloads of which by other users amounted to more than 200 thousand.

From the actions of the violator, the copyright holder suffered damage in the form of lost profits in the amount of 108 thousand rubles. The offender faces up to 6 years in prison.

This happened for the first time in Russian network history.
http://www.kchetverg.ru/

Rep: (6)
posted on his personal page 18 audio recordings of a famous Russian music group

So it is not just for personal use stole, but distributed.

With regard to books, I generally think that money cannot be taken for the text itself. The publication is, yes, perhaps primarily a paper one.
Look at the most progressive people: Vis Vitalis, Oleg Novoselov, Glukhovsky (?) - they completely openly allow downloading their books in digital format.

MacDuck,
I agree
IMHO - in Russia, the future belongs to free software and books. Pindos easy to impose their opinions - they are obedient and pay for books and programs. In Russia, this will never happen: drinks:

Pindos easy to impose their opinions

In Russia, a book is a spiritual concept. In America - a beautiful dust jacket, goods.

Rep: (3)
Guys, the authors also need to eat something. A novel is written on average a year and a half (this is not your own experience, such infa B slipped somewhere)). I completely agree with previous speakers regarding old texts. But how do modern writers live?

Alex-forester @ 01/26/2011, 18:54*
Guys, the authors also need to eat something. A novel is written on average a year and a half (this is not your own experience, such infa skipped somewhere). I completely agree with previous speakers regarding old texts. But how do modern writers live?

I thought about this more than once, and in the end I came to the conclusion that living in a state that does not give a damn about its citizens, where theft and corruption in the highest ranks flourish, I will not be able to answer this question.
And besides, how many writers write real novels that are interesting to read? Most modern books - alas - rolls, such as, for example, Dontsova ...

Alex-forester @ 01/26/2011, 18:54*
But how do modern writers live?

On paper runs.

Posted on 1/26/2011, 21:55:

BamBuk @ 01/26/2011, 18:59*
And besides, how many writers write real novels that are interesting to read? Most modern books - alas - rolls, such as, for example, Dontsova ...

Right. But normal authors are not published. Here Oleg Novoselov released his extremely valuable book only with an author's circulation.
But he is FOR its free distribution in electronic form.

Rep: (452)
Alex-forester @ 01/26/2011, 9:54 PM*
But how do modern writers live?

To write normal and high-quality works. In principle, I do not mind paying reasonable money for an e-book (20-50 rubles, in my opinion a reasonable price), but most books do not even deserve such a payment. Often I delete a book without reading it. Those. I’m not ready to pay in advance. Well, to pay after - somehow it’s not our way :-).
And a really interesting pattern - for some reason, talented authors are not against the free distribution of their works on the net.
By the way, an interesting study caught my eye (it was true about games, but the trends should be similar) - pirated distribution increases sales of legal content (with the exception of TOP 10).

Post has been editedserp886 - 26.01.11, 23:27

In principle, I do not mind paying reasonable money for an e-book (20-50 rubles, in my opinion a reasonable price), but most books do not even deserve such a payment. Often I delete a book without reading it.

This is a completely different issue. Your refined artistic taste does not necessarily have to be distributed to everyone. For example, I don’t understand reading interesting to my wife. She swallows dozens of dumb (in my humble opinion) romances. But I never tell her my opinion about such, so to speak, books - taste is not a sign of taste, who loves watermelon, and who is pig cartilage. If there is a demand, then there will be Donets and other Lindsay with Wilsons. Well, and as a result, even her crafts must be paid. Since they are in demand ...

Rep: (452)
Your refined artistic taste does not necessarily have to be distributed to everyone.

I did not understand sarcasm. I just expressed my position. Dontsova’s books, for example, I won’t buy either electronically or in paper form. But I will not download them for free. Which does not mean at all that others are happy to buy them in any form. This is their choice.
I just mean that there are a lot of authors, it is impossible to assess the quality of fiction in advance. Even those authors whose new books I would love to buy not so long ago are now writing such whatme personallyI feel sorry for the time (Akunin, for example).
And yet - some new items can not be immediately purchased in electronic form, only in paper. And when they appear on sale in electronic, sometimes I already read a pirate scan.

I did not understand sarcasm. I just expressed my position.

This is not sarcasm. I apologize if that sounded like that. The main idea is for each his own. Even Dontsova needs to eat. Despite the fact that you do not like her books. Others like them, and her work must be paid.

I just mean that there are a lot of authors, it is impossible to assess the quality of fiction in advance.

The same can be said about music, films, unfamiliar products, clothes, cars, women ... Of course, it’s good when you have the opportunity to pre-try: D

Music - Online Listening
Products - I don’t see a problem, only if it is not a collection wine for 100,500 killed raccoons
Cars - you can ride
Women - do you buy them too? : blink:
Movie - watch the trailer

And only the book leaves us a miserable annotation, according to which the content is unrealistic to understand ...

Even Dontsova needs to eat. Despite the fact that you do not like her books. Others like them, and her work must be paid.

AFAIK, her detectives diverge well when toilet paper runs out in a store (seriously!). On the other they are not needed

Rep: (745)
How do you get reader books?

I download from the Internet, I try immediately in mobi for kindle. Sometimes I read on my phone, mostly fb2 format.

Rep: (163)
alex-forester,
MacDuck,
Gentlemen, let's get back to the mainstream!

Well, if in the mainstream, then I’m using the torrent library in fb2. Very comfortably. And the steering program for the librarian.

Rep: (1)
I borrowed 50 gigs from friends, while enough for at least familiarization.
Nevertheless, I already bought the book I liked in hard-copy version

IvanQ @ 03/15/2011, 14:48*
hard copy option

Translate: lol:

Rep: (163)
BamBuk @ 03/15/2011, 13:54*
Translate

printed, in the sense. For a bookshelf;)

Rep: (17)
I bought printed books of the year until 2002, which I didn’t like or exchanged with friends or gave them to read without return;) I can’t throw them away or put them in waste paper (my hand does not rise), something was given to a small library. Then the place ended in a banal way (at home there were two active readers and at least 2-3 books each month I bought). And the money was cut out for this hobby. The first "reader" was purchased ... in paper form, it is now only either donated or so much like a work re-read more than once in electronic form that one cannot resist and buys a paper edition. A couple of times bought in electronic form ... but in the total amount of read etozh how many zeros after the decimal point will be?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/07/19, 11:29