> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Explay HD.Book - firmware

Rep: (17)
FirmwareExplay HD.Book
Discussion пїЅ | Description | FAQ | Firmware пїЅ

The sales representative of our book is a companyExplayleads work on improvement and releases new firmware, they are completed with new devices. Old owners can contactservice centresand update the firmware (in free access they are not laid out). Official firmware, manual, flash driver. Or online. Thank you for the informationdrueed . But will we, as owners, have a choice of which kind of firmware will be “flooded” with us? Let's give ourselves this opportunity here.

Remember, everything that you do with your device, you do at your own peril and risk.
The forum administration is not responsible for your actions.

How to make the image of your firmware and flash a new one: "no carry" Option new, proposed alxdm and big3214

Creating the image of your new car:

Take the filewisky.sys We connect the "reader" to the computer and put the wisky.sys file into its internal memory. We disconnect the "reader" from the computer and reconnect it. The computer will detect two more instead of the usual two disks. We need containing 5 folders and files.
Run the WinImage program:
1. In the 'Disk' menu, select 'Use disk' (the drive letter of our device)
2. Now 'Disk' - 'Read disk', choose the name of the image file — specify not only the name but also change the destination (by default it tries to save in the same disk it reads).
3. The extension of the created image rename toimg , then it will be easier to find it in the flasher.
Image is ready.
4. Delete the wisky.sys file
4. Archive the resulting image, put it on the Internet and share the link with the forum users;).
Can seevideo this process (48.36 MB)

How to flash the machine:

Take the flash driverRK28DM_Setup.exe (678.44 KB) or from the company "prestigio" version 1.27 (Also used by the company "Delstar" version 1.22).
Under Windows 7, we use the flash driver from prestige version 1.27, thanks for talkingOrisava .
1. In the line "New firmware informaton" click the button"..." and choose the image we need.
2. If we are stitching for the first time, a new device will be detected. Specify the rk28usb driver (in the Driver folder of the installed flash driver, we find it under your OS) ... maybe it will give an error in recognizing the device without scaring! disconnect the reader from the USB lanyard and connect again. The machine extinguishes the screen and goes into firmware mode.
3. Button"Update" Run the firmware process. In the window of the flasher, squares will start running. We are waiting for the end. The machine itself will reboot.
4. And press the buttonExit Firmware complete.

How to make a dump, then the image of your firmware and flash a new one: "with transfer" The old version (more laborious and requiring great care), proposed big3214 and tips al_exus

How to dump your firmware:

thankbig3214 lies here and read a few posts of it below ...
For those who do not have time to follow the link, but there is a desire to share with the forum users a new firmware;) briefly bring here. Take the filewisky.sys or create an empty text file and rename it. We connect the "reader" to the computer and put the wisky.sys file into the internal memory. We disconnect the "reader" from the computer and reconnect it. The computer will detect two more instead of the usual two disks. We need containing 5 folders and files. Fully copy the contents of this disc to your computer. This will be the necessary dump. Now you can delete the wisky.sys file from the disk where we put it and disable the "reader" from the computer. Archive the resulting dump, put it on the Internet and share the link with us;). How to flash a new firmware in the book read in the section "How to flash a device".

How to flash a device:

1. If we have an image of the desired firmware, then go to step 2. If we have a dump of the firmware we need, then we continue to read. Now we need to make an image of it. For this we need the image of another firmware and programUltraISOWinImageor another for working with images, as well as a kit from the siteTeclastcontaining such an image, flash driver and driver. Open the downloaded Teklastovsky image and replace ALL of its contents with the fact that we need the dump. Save under a different name. Tip, use short (up to 8 characters) file names that do not contain Russian letters. Perhaps this is paranoia, but saved, as you know, God saves.
2. The image with the firmware we need will be flashed into the "reader". It will be required (if the textbook bundle was downloaded, the flash driver is in the utilites folder, but first we change the language string to English in the setting.ini file to LANGUAGE = English, otherwise the squares will be)flash driver , for him we say a special thank you al_exus y

Run the flash driver.
Find the line in the window that appearsImage path and the button on it ... We select the img-file we need.
Push buttonSwitch , if we are flashing for the first time, then a new device will be detected, we will show him the rk28usb driver for our OS ... in the driver folder they have if you download the entire kit from the Chinese site ( al_exus and they are in the xp folder) ... maybe it will give an error in appointing the device, not scaring! disconnect the reader from the USB lanyard and connect again. The machine extinguishes the screen and goes into firmware mode.
ButtonUpgrade Run the firmware process. Information about the flashing process will appear in the flasher’s large window. We are waiting for the end. The machine itself will reboot. And press the button Exit

Please read the firmware tipsal_exus And, they helped me a lot, and based on his post and it is written how to flash
Guys, do not panic!
Let's figure it out.
I, while doing and debugging the Russian language, was sewn (two days) at least a dozen times. I do not observe any deterioration and hang-ups.
I explain how I am stitching:
1. I run the flasher from the textlists (I gave a link to it a little higher on this page).
2. Select img-file (image path and button "...")
3. I press the "switch" button, the machine extinguishes the screen and goes into the firmware mode
4. With the "Reallocate Disk" checkbox checked, I press the "EraseIDB" button.
5. A message like "disk erased" appears (I do not remember exactly, I did not remember it on purpose).
6. I start the firmware process - with the "upgrade" button.
After the firmware - on the "exit" button, the flasher closes, the machine turns on.
7. I open the internal disk of the reader on the computer "my computer", I receive the message "the disk is not formatted" (the result of the work "EraseIDB"). I format it without changing the settings (FAT32, 1.76Gb).
8. Disconnect the reader from the computer and turn it on ...
... The result is a pristine blank disk (all data together with the memory is formatted), a clean new firmware without garbage from old firmware, without dependencies and frills.

Analysis of the dump showed us that the owners of the following devices are our brothers =) and the firmware are interchangeable.
Oaxis W950 Ebook Reader
SOVOS 5 "E-Reader Plus SVEBK5
INTREEO EBR-05L
Delstar OpenBook E-READER
SCOUT EbookReader
RY650 5 "e-book reader
KIWIE FIVE-BOOK
STASH TFT E-Book Reader
TECLAST TL-K5

My review of the firmware:
With your permission, I will give you a small review of the firmware that I drove over the past days for our HD.BOOK
I use the book for 90% to read books in fb2 format, sometimes I listen to audio books and watch TV shows.
The first firmware wasHD.BOOK version ID: 1.0.0 date 2010/09/14 It differs from 1.0.2 screen brightness. At first, when reading, the brightness of the backlight itself is the lowest of all the firmwares viewed ... hmm, and TECLAST will be darker than zero, even though you take a flash at night. When reading in the dark it is very convenient, but during the day: (. It was not right - during the day it is very comfortable to read in the inverse mode, at night - in the usual one, for lack of a special mode.

FirmwareHD.BOOK version ID: 1.0.2 date 2010/10/18
thankbig3214 Not sure that I used this option = (maybe by this thank drueed
Font type selection is not.
It is possible to select the font size - 5 values, the page of lines includes: 34, 27, 23, 20, 17. With 20 lines - 30 characters per line.
Transfers - there is.
Inversion (light letters on a dark background) - is.
Adjusting the brightness of the screen when reading - no. When working in the menu, there are 5 gradations (it seems that this adjustment affects the reading mode).
When turned on - opens the last open book at the place where it was turned off.
Audio books - you can select the desired folder and listen to files in a row, pauses it.
Video - pause remembers, rewind works.

FirmwareHD.BOOK version ID: 1.0.3 date 2010/11/29
thankvladbravo for this dump (you need to make another image of it, read the information on how to make a dump above, I did it or use it firmware laid out bext1 )
The choice of font type is.
The font is standard, the font size is 5 sizes, the page of lines includes: 34, 27, 23, 20, 17. With 20 lines - 30 characters per line.
TrueType font, font size - 5 sizes, the page of lines includes: 38, 29, 25, 21, 17. With 21 lines - 30 characters per line.
Transfers - there is.
Inversion (light letters on a dark background) - no. But there is a choice of background color (yellow, white, light pink, gray) and font color (black, red, green, blue, brown). Colors - bright "tear out eyes".
Adjusting the screen brightness when reading - 5 gradations.
When turned on - opens the last open book at the place where it was turned off.
Audio books - you can select the desired folder and listen to files in a row, pauses it.
Video - pause remembers, rewind works.
DOC - opens without pictures.
In the menu - the selected item is highlighted not only in color but also in a tick, conveniently.

FirmwareHD.BOOK version ID: 1.0.4 date 2010/12/21
thankgabz for a firmware dump (you need to make another image of it, read the information on how to make a dump above, I did it or use it firmware for TECLAST flasher or firmware for Prestigio flasher thanks 11111000 )
Differences from 1.0.3:
- can "look into" zip archives (except how to look at the archived files more than anything else is not suitable);
- able to open java books with Unicode text (I did not find libraries with such books, and I didn’t look for it). You can make an archive yourself with books and it will work, we read page 5;
- not correctly in the reader shows the status of the battery.

FirmwareExplay HD.BOOK ID: 1.0.5 date 2011/02/25
Kindly providedBultamino option "no carry" . Returned the inversion :)
The most important difference from firmware 1.0.4 is that the set of colors has been changed in the choice of background color (yellow, white, light pink, gray,the black ), font color (black, red, green, blue, brown, white ). To the optimal night mode, it remains only to make a green font darker.

FirmwareTeclast TL-K5 version ID: 2.0.0 date 2010/12/06
used russifiedal_exus th
The choice of font type is.
The font is standard, font size - 3 sizes, the page of lines includes: 34, 23, 17. With 23 lines - 30-32 characters per line.
TrueType font, font size - 3 sizes, the page of lines includes: 38, 25, 19.
Carries - no (stretches in width).
Inversion (light letters on a dark background) - no. But there is a choice of background color (yellow, white, light pink, gray) and font color (black, red, green, dark blue, brown). Colors - bright "tear out eyes".
Adjusting the screen brightness when reading - 5 gradations.
When enabled, opens the menu. (There is a choice in the menu that "menu" or "book" - but does not work if a memory card is inserted ... thanks for the informationKasitro )
Video - pause remembers, rewind works. By keym A menu is displayed in which you can select an audio track, subtitles and go to the right place in the video file.
DOC - opens without pictures.
PDF - in zoom mode, you can "crawl" on the sheet in jumps.
Radio is missing.
Key lock - there is.
Screen blanking - there is.
If there was an inversion, I would stop at this firmware for the last two points. It is also very fast (subjectively loaded quickly and goes faster in the menu).
If there are a large number of files in a folder, you cannot quickly go to another page with the joystick left-right = (But you can go by using the side keys. =)

FirmwareDelstar OpenBook version ID: 1.0.2
Font type selection is not.
There is a possibility to select the font size - 3 values; the page of lines includes: 39, 27, 21. With 27 lines - 33 characters per line.
Transfers - there is.
Inversion (light letters on a dark background) - is.
Adjusting the brightness of the screen when reading - no. When working in the menu, there are 5 gradations (it seems that this adjustment affects the reading mode).
When enabled, opens the menu.
Audio books - not tested.
Video - there is no such menu item.
fb2 - opens without images, without footnotes. Font style - one (no bold, italics and bold italics).
PDF - in zoom mode, you can "crawl" on the sheet in jumps.
Radio - there is no such menu item.
The fastest (subjectively loaded faster and goes quickly in the menu). And the screen saver when turned on is in harmony with the menu (black text on a yellow background).

What to do in case of unsuccessful firmware:
Symptom Description: black screen, "typewriter" does not respond to key presses for power and reset; when connected to a computer, there is no reaction, flash drivers do not detect the device.
Diagnosis: brick
Treatment:
Perhaps you are still lucky and do not have to disassemble the machine. Run the flasher, hold down the buttonm and connect the USB cable ... see the long-awaited inscription in the flasher RK28Device or RockUSBDevice (i.e., the flasher saw the machine). Stitching as usual. Thanks for these suggestions. zukkin and Bultamino .

You are not lucky - and manipulation of the buttons did not help. We'll have to pick iron.
  1. we disassemble the machine (two screws from the bottom end, with a thin and hard object (with a fingernail) we divide the body along the seam into two halves);
    Attached Image

2. We launch the flash driver, I use Teklastovsky;
  3. find the SAMSUNG K9GAG08U0D microcircuit and the key on it, counting the 29-30-31-32 leg (I / O0, I / O1, I / O2, I / O3 - this is 5-8 feet from the bottom and on the opposite side of the key) and locking them (fine screwdriver went well);
    Attached Image

4. connect the USB connector;
  5. an inscription about the device found appears in the flasher;
  6. release the installed jumper;
  7. stitching as usual.

Extreme native firmware:
Official firmware, manual, flash driver. Or online. Thank you for the informationdrueed .

Image of the very first firmwareExplay HD.BOOK ID: 1.0.0 from 2010/09/14
made by a new technology, i.e. "no carry". The machine was "clean", no experiments were performed on it. New firmware was not installed on it.

Post has been editedTormozzz - 28.09.12, 14:10
Reason for editing: fxd

Rep: (15)
big3214 @ 01.21.2011, 19:34*
And the extension of the resulting .ima file in the flasher will not be visible (select the all files tab)

Well, it's easy to fix, just write the file name in the format "filename.img" ;-)

Rep: (2)
Next week, texet TB-500HD support service promised to upload firmware to its device (according to the characteristics of our only touch-sensitive buttons and no known chip), even if it came B) the guys did the users ask them, they don’t pinch, learn explay.
Mr. Curator, please change the theme: How to make a dump of your firmware: -in- How to make img firmware
alxdm found a more progressive way.

Post has been editedbig3214 - 21.01.11, 22:04

I post the firmware image "explay 1.0.3 2010/11/29"Attached fileexplay_1.0.3.rar(36.97 MB)
, with her video files are played all that is declared by the manufacturer. : yes2:

Explay HD.Book 4Gb

I post the firmware image of "explay 1.0.3 2010/11/29" explay_1.0.3.rar (36.97 MB) Download count: 1, with it the video files are played all that the manufacturer claims. Explay HD.Book 4Gb

You won’t believe it but it really works (Explay HD.Book 2Gb)! Checked already (avi, mp4,) Thanks comrade + you in turnips. Where did you get your needle?
What would you like to see in this firmware compared to the already familiar TL-K5-V2.00-6852.rus.rar and in the future
1 tab Settings-When enabled-Continue reading-Main menu
2 menus in the video player (in 1.0.3 I don’t know how to cut the subtitles)
3 slider to select the brightness (the lowest night blinds)
4 with PDF would understand (in principle, the machine formats the text normally with an increase, but the drawings disappear)
5 choice of any background color and font
6 remove screensaver (with tadpole)
7 add installation additional applications (: D)
Well, to whom should you add something in your posts and most importantly put pressure on those who support C)

Post has been editedbig3214 - 22.01.11, 00:15

big3214 @ 01.22.2011, 02:54*
Where did you get?

I made a dump before I started flashing, right after the store, then I tried to return to my firmware, as the problems started with the video, but the image was done by UltraIso, then I decided to try WinImage, everything turned out. : yes2:

thankalxdm For information on creating the image of the firmware, we will experience. I will add information to the header.
After the weekend I will do this way the firmware image 1.0.0 (There is a reference machine :))

Post has been editedTormozzz - 22.01.11, 09:45

The image created by the UltraISO program (131,604,480 bytes) is larger in size than that created by WinImage (118,489,088 bytes). The truth is already on a rewritten typewriter.
The image posted on the site Teclast TL-K5 (118,489,120 bytes).
All the images that I did from dumps were done by WinImage using the Teclast image as the basis for the image ... there were no problems with the video on any typewriter.

Rep: (15)
Tormozzz @ 01/22/2011, 11:08*
The image created by the UltraISO program (131,604,480 bytes) is larger in size than that created by WinImage (118,489,088 bytes). The truth is already on a rewritten typewriter.
The image posted on the site Teclast TL-K5 (118,489,120 bytes).

The image created by WinImage differs from the image laid out on the site by exactly 32 bytes - the size of the added MD5 checksum. In principle, you can write a utility that calculates this amount and appends it to the image, but it seems that the flasher does not check it anyway ...
By the way, in the image laid outbext1 - this amount is incorrect, it means that the image was created using the file replacement method ;-)

Post has been editedalxdm - 22.01.11, 11:43

It was stitched on a new technology for creating an image ...
unsuccessfully , made two attempts with the same result
After flashing to any attempt to open Flash or SD Card, I get the message "No file"

Conclusion ... we make an image with the WinImage program from the device and transfer all the contents to the computed Teclast-like TL-K5 image.
In the attached file is an image of the flasher with a non-coincident amount.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedTormozzz - 22.01.11, 14:32

Rep: (1)
I downloaded the firmware I postedbext1 and voila everything perfectly reproduces all formats of video))

Tormozzz @ 01/22/2011, 2:25 PM*
I wore a new image creation technology ... unsuccessfully, made two attempts with the same result, after flashing to any attempt to open Flash or SD Card, I get the message "No file" Conclusion ... make an image with the WinImage program from the device and transfer all the content to Teclast Ovsky TL-K5 image. In the attached file, the image of the flasher with a non-coincident sum

judging by the relocate disk checkbox, you just need to format the flash (internal) and the memory card will be detected and the files will appear in it.
I use the flasher from prestigio as I said earlier it is easier than any left-hand checkboxes and the flash does not overwrite
Attached Image

Post has been editedbig3214 - 22.01.11, 15:01

I stitched the book with firmware bext1 from 1.0, everything works fine. But I have exactly returned the firmware TECLAST there the subtitles work. =)
big3214:
Can you please lay out the firmware that you use.

Post has been editedKasitro - 22.01.11, 15:25

Kasitro @ 01/22/2011, 3:22 PM*
I stitched the book with firmware bext1 from 1.0, everything works fine. But I have exactly returned the firmware TECLAST there the subtitles work. =) big3214: Can you please post the firmware that you use.

hereRK28DM

Post has been editedbig3214 - 22.01.11, 15:58

I finished playing with experiments so that nothing on the internal memory and memory card was detected by the machine. Those. the machine starts, you can customize, etc. but an attempt to enter the "Book", "Video" ... led to "No file". Normal flashing did not help.

We read the "cap" of the topic, advice on firmwareal_exus but. Everything works that way.

I returned my native firmware 1.0.0 - I often have to read in the dark or when lit with fluorescent lights. And in this case the Inverted style is most suitable for reading. The brightness of the screen with the minimum settings in this firmware is the lowest of all. Eyes do not cut in the dark. Still the color of the text to make a dark green ...
I tried to make PDFs with a black background and green letters - there are white stripes 2-3mm left and right, 1mm above and a status line at the bottom - it is harder to read at night than in the usual inverse mode.

We take the file wisky.sys We connect the "reader" to the computer and place the file wisky.sys into the internal memory. We disconnect the "reader" from the computer and reconnect it. The computer will detect two more instead of the usual two disks. We need containing 5 folders and files.
Run the WinImage program:
1. In the 'Disk' menu, select 'Use disk' (the drive letter of our device)
2. Now 'Disk' - 'Read disk', choose the name of the image file — specify not only the name but also change the destination (by default it tries to save in the same disk it reads).CLICK SAVE AND EVERYTHING!
3. In the Image menu, select the Select item to confirm the selection of all Select files and enter from the Close menu
4. In the Image menu, select the Extract item with the option (Extract with pathname) in the Path line and specify the path to the folder where to put the created dump.
Further ... we will need the image of another firmware and the program, WinImage, as well as a kit from the Teclast website containing such an image, a flash driver and a driver. Open the downloaded Teklastovsky image and replace all its contents with the fact that we need the dump. Save under a different name. Tip, use short (up to 8 characters) file names that do not contain Russian letters. Perhaps this is paranoia, but saved, as you know, God saves.
Archive the resulting image, put it on the Internet and share the link with us. How to flash a new firmware in the book read in the section "How to flash a device"

3.4 and the following points for what? It seems to me therefore you did not succeed, we double-checked it 5 times exactly. We do everything up to the 2nd point inclusive and all the firmware is ready.

Post has been editedbig3214 - 23.01.11, 12:04

big3214
I also hope that everything ... I'm experimenting now with the creation of firmware and Prestigo flash drivers - Delstar (it looks like they are the same). It seems to figure out what happened to me. Teclast-ovsky flasher touches the second hidden disk! The image created by UltraISO and WinImage by the new method recorded by this flasher changedthe size first and second disc! Just did not see what was written there ... animated the car.

Here is the firmware creation video.Attached fileprimer.avi(48.36 MB)

Who can analyze the dump, on the subject of a theoretical possibility to insert this firmware into our device, I would try for myself.(I'm away, there is no book with me and my native dump too)
Wexler Book T7001 - Firmware"1.0.5 for revision II (Not original): Attached file 1.0.5_2Nd_rev .__ Unoriginal_France_.rar (30.33 MB)"

bext1
Wexler has another screen, the chip seems to be too ... so just throwing its firmware on our machine, it’s better not to;) it’s possible to restore the “brick”, but spoil your nerves.

Tormozzz

Yes, the chip is different, there is ROCKCHIP 2729, and we have ROCKCHIP 2728. The experiment is canceled: yes2:

Post has been editedbext1 - 23.01.11, 21:34

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/28/19 12:44