> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

19 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Explay HD.Book - firmware
Tormozzz
Message#1
16.01.11, 11:24
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 121
Check in: 04.10.07
Explay HD.Book

FirmwareExplay HD.Book
Discussion | Description | FAQ | Firmware

The sales representative of our book is a companyExplayleads work on improvement and releases new firmware, they are completed with new devices. Old owners can contactservice centresand update the firmware (in free access they are not laid out). Official firmware, manual, flash driver. Or online. Thank you for the informationdrueed. But will we, as owners, have a choice of which kind of firmware will be “flooded” with us? Let's give ourselves this opportunity here.

Remember, everything that you do with your device, you do at your own peril and risk.
The forum administration is not responsible for your actions.

How to make the image of your firmware and flash a new one:"no carry"Option new, proposedalxdmandbig3214

Creating the image of your new car:

Take the filewisky.sysWe connect the "reader" to the computer and put the wisky.sys file into its internal memory. We disconnect the "reader" from the computer and reconnect it. The computer will detect two more instead of the usual two disks. We need containing 5 folders and files.
Run the WinImage program:
1. In the 'Disk' menu, select 'Use disk' (the drive letter of our device)
2. Now 'Disk' - 'Read disk', choose the name of the image file — specify not only the name but also change the destination (by default it tries to save in the same disk it reads).
3. The extension of the created image rename toimg, then it will be easier to find it in the flasher.
Image is ready.
4. Delete the wisky.sys file
4. Archive the resulting image, put it on the Internet and share the link with the forum users;).
Can seevideothis process (48.36 MB)

How to flash the machine:

Take the flash driverRK28DM_Setup.exe(678.44 KB) or from the company"prestigio"version 1.27 (Also used by the company"Delstar"version 1.22).
Under Windows 7, we use the flash driver from prestige version 1.27, thanks for talkingOrisava.
1. In the line "New firmware informaton" click the button"..."and choose the image we need.
2. If we are stitching for the first time, a new device will be detected. Specify the rk28usb driver (in the Driver folder of the installed flash driver, we find it under your OS) ... maybe it will give an error in recognizing the device without scaring! disconnect the reader from the USB lanyard and connect again. The machine extinguishes the screen and goes into firmware mode.
3. Button"Update"Run the firmware process. In the window of the flasher, squares will start running. We are waiting for the end. The machine itself will reboot.
4. And press the buttonExitFirmware complete.

How to make a dump, then the image of your firmware and flash a new one:"with transfer"The old version (more laborious and requiring great care), proposedbig3214and tipsal_exus

How to dump your firmware:

thankbig3214lieshereand read a few posts of it below ...
For those who do not have time to follow the link, but there is a desire to share with the forum users a new firmware;) briefly bring here. Take the filewisky.sysor create an empty text file and rename it. We connect the "reader" to the computer and put the wisky.sys file into the internal memory. We disconnect the "reader" from the computer and reconnect it. The computer will detect two more instead of the usual two disks. We need containing 5 folders and files. Fully copy the contents of this disc to your computer. This will be the necessary dump. Now you can delete the wisky.sys file from the disk where we put it and disable the "reader" from the computer. Archive the resulting dump, put it on the Internet and share the link with us;). How to flash a new firmware in the book read in the section "How to flash a device".

How to flash a device:

1. If we have an image of the desired firmware, then go to step 2. If we have a dump of the firmware we need, then we continue to read. Now we need to make an image of it. For this we need the image of another firmware and programUltraISOWinImageor another for working with images, as well as a kit from the siteTeclastcontaining such an image, flash driver and driver. Open the downloaded Teklastovsky image and replace ALL of its contents with the fact that we need the dump. Save under a different name. Tip, use short (up to 8 characters) file names that do not contain Russian letters. Perhaps this is paranoia, but saved, as you know, God saves.
2. The image with the firmware we need will be flashed into the "reader". It will be required (if the textbook bundle was downloaded, the flash driver is in the utilites folder, but first we change the language string to English in the setting.ini file to LANGUAGE = English, otherwise the squares will be)flash driver, for him we say a special thank youal_exusy

Run the flash driver.
Find the line in the window that appearsImage pathand the button on it...We select the img-file we need.
Push buttonSwitch, if we are flashing for the first time, then a new device will be detected, we will show him the rk28usb driver for our OS ... in the driver folder they have if you download the entire kit from the Chinese site (al_exusand they are in the xp folder) ... maybe it will give an error in appointing the device, not scaring! disconnect the reader from the USB lanyard and connect again. The machine extinguishes the screen and goes into firmware mode.
ButtonUpgradeRun the firmware process. Information about the flashing process will appear in the flasher’s large window. We are waiting for the end. The machine itself will reboot. And press the buttonExit

Please read the firmware tipsal_exusAnd, they helped me a lot, and based on his post and it is written how to flash
Guys, do not panic!
Let's figure it out.
I, while doing and debugging the Russian language, was sewn (two days) at least a dozen times. I do not observe any deterioration and hang-ups.
I explain how I am stitching:
1. I run the flasher from the textlists (I gave a link to it a little higher on this page).
2. Select img-file (image path and button "...")
3. I press the "switch" button, the machine extinguishes the screen and goes into the firmware mode
4. With the "Reallocate Disk" checkbox checked, I press the "EraseIDB" button.
5. A message like "disk erased" appears (I do not remember exactly, I did not remember it on purpose).
6. I start the firmware process - with the "upgrade" button.
After the firmware - on the "exit" button, the flasher closes, the machine turns on.
7. I open the internal disk of the reader on the computer "my computer", I receive the message "the disk is not formatted" (the result of the work "EraseIDB"). I format it without changing the settings (FAT32, 1.76Gb).
8. Disconnect the reader from the computer and turn it on ...
... The result is a pristine blank disk (all data together with the memory is formatted), a clean new firmware without garbage from old firmware, without dependencies and frills.

Analysis of the dump showed us that the owners of the following devices are our brothers =) and the firmware are interchangeable.
Oaxis W950 Ebook Reader
SOVOS 5 "E-Reader Plus SVEBK5
INTREEO EBR-05L
Delstar OpenBook E-READER
SCOUT EbookReader
RY650 5 "e-book reader
KIWIE FIVE-BOOK
STASH TFT E-Book Reader
TECLAST TL-K5

My review of the firmware:
With your permission, I will give you a small review of the firmware that I drove over the past days for our HD.BOOK
I use the book for 90% to read books in fb2 format, sometimes I listen to audio books and watch TV shows.
The first firmware wasHD.BOOK version ID: 1.0.0 date 2010/09/14It differs from 1.0.2 screen brightness. At first, when reading, the brightness of the backlight itself is the lowest of all the firmwares viewed ... hmm, and TECLAST will be darker than zero, even though you take a flash at night. When reading in the dark it is very convenient, but during the day: (. It was not right - during the day it is very comfortable to read in the inverse mode, at night - in the usual one, for lack of a special mode.

FirmwareHD.BOOK version ID: 1.0.2date 2010/10/18
thankbig3214Not sure that I used this option = (maybeby thisthankdrueed
Font type selection is not.
It is possible to select the font size - 5 values, the page of lines includes: 34, 27, 23, 20, 17. With 20 lines - 30 characters per line.
Transfers - there is.
Inversion (light letters on a dark background) - is.
Adjusting the brightness of the screen when reading - no. When working in the menu, there are 5 gradations (it seems that this adjustment affects the reading mode).
When turned on - opens the last open book at the place where it was turned off.
Audio books - you can select the desired folder and listen to files in a row, pauses it.
Video - pause remembers, rewind works.

FirmwareHD.BOOK version ID: 1.0.3date 2010/11/29
thankvladbravofor this dump (you need to make another image of it, read the information on how to make a dump above, I did it or use itfirmwarelaid outbext1)
The choice of font type is.
The font is standard, the font size is 5 sizes, the page of lines includes: 34, 27, 23, 20, 17. With 20 lines - 30 characters per line.
TrueType font, font size - 5 sizes, the page of lines includes: 38, 29, 25, 21, 17. With 21 lines - 30 characters per line.
Transfers - there is.
Inversion (light letters on a dark background) - no. But there is a choice of background color (yellow, white, light pink, gray) and font color (black, red, green, blue, brown). Colors - bright "tear out eyes".
Adjusting the screen brightness when reading - 5 gradations.
When turned on - opens the last open book at the place where it was turned off.
Audio books - you can select the desired folder and listen to files in a row, pauses it.
Video - pause remembers, rewind works.
DOC - opens without pictures.
In the menu - the selected item is highlighted not only in color but also in a tick, conveniently.

FirmwareHD.BOOK version ID: 1.0.4date 2010/12/21
thankgabzfor a firmware dump (you need to make another image of it, read the information on how to make a dump above, I did it or use itfirmwarefor TECLAST flasher orfirmwarefor Prestigio flasher thanks11111000)
Differences from 1.0.3:
- can "look into" zip archives (except how to look at the archived files more than anything else is not suitable);
- able to open java books with Unicode text (I did not find libraries with such books, and I didn’t look for it). You can make an archive yourself with books and it will work, we read page 5;
- not correctly in the reader shows the status of the battery.

FirmwareExplay HD.BOOK ID: 1.0.5date 2011/02/25
Kindly providedBultaminooption"no carry". Returned the inversion :)
The most important difference from firmware 1.0.4 is that the set of colors has been changed in the choice of background color (yellow, white, light pink, gray,the black), font color (black, red, green, blue, brown,white). To the optimal night mode, it remains only to make a green font darker.

FirmwareTeclast TL-K5 version ID: 2.0.0date 2010/12/06
used russifiedal_exusth
The choice of font type is.
The font is standard, font size - 3 sizes, the page of lines includes: 34, 23, 17. With 23 lines - 30-32 characters per line.
TrueType font, font size - 3 sizes, the page of lines includes: 38, 25, 19.
Carries - no (stretches in width).
Inversion (light letters on a dark background) - no. But there is a choice of background color (yellow, white, light pink, gray) and font color (black, red, green, dark blue, brown). Colors - bright "tear out eyes".
Adjusting the screen brightness when reading - 5 gradations.
When enabled, opens the menu. (There is a choice in the menu that "menu" or "book" - but does not work if a memory card is inserted ... thanks for the informationKasitro)
Video - pause remembers, rewind works. By keymA menu is displayed in which you can select an audio track, subtitles and go to the right place in the video file.
DOC - opens without pictures.
PDF - in zoom mode, you can "crawl" on the sheet in jumps.
Radio is missing.
Key lock - there is.
Screen blanking - there is.
If there was an inversion, I would stop at this firmware for the last two points. It is also very fast (subjectively loaded quickly and goes faster in the menu).
If there are a large number of files in a folder, you cannot quickly go to another page with the joystick left-right = (But you can go by using the side keys. =)

FirmwareDelstar OpenBook version ID: 1.0.2
Font type selection is not.
There is a possibility to select the font size - 3 values; the page of lines includes: 39, 27, 21. With 27 lines - 33 characters per line.
Transfers - there is.
Inversion (light letters on a dark background) - is.
Adjusting the brightness of the screen when reading - no. When working in the menu, there are 5 gradations (it seems that this adjustment affects the reading mode).
When enabled, opens the menu.
Audio books - not tested.
Video - there is no such menu item.
fb2 - opens without images, without footnotes. Font style - one (no bold, italics and bold italics).
PDF - in zoom mode, you can "crawl" on the sheet in jumps.
Radio - there is no such menu item.
The fastest (subjectively loaded faster and goes quickly in the menu). And the screen saver when turned on is in harmony with the menu (black text on a yellow background).

What to do in case of unsuccessful firmware:
Symptom Description: black screen, "typewriter" does not respond to key presses for power and reset; when connected to a computer, there is no reaction, flash drivers do not detect the device.
Diagnosis: brick
Treatment:
Perhaps you are still lucky and do not have to disassemble the machine. Run the flasher, hold down the buttonmand connect the USB cable ... see the long-awaited inscription in the flasher RK28Device or RockUSBDevice (i.e., the flasher saw the machine). Stitching as usual. Thanks for these suggestions.zukkinandBultamino.

You are not lucky - and manipulation of the buttons did not help. We'll have to pick iron.
  1. we disassemble the machine (two screws from the bottom end, with a thin and hard object (with a fingernail) we divide the body along the seam into two halves);
    Attached Image

2. We launch the flash driver, I use Teklastovsky;
  3. find the SAMSUNG K9GAG08U0D microcircuit and the key on it, counting the 29-30-31-32 leg (I / O0, I / O1, I / O2, I / O3 - this is 5-8 feet from the bottom and on the opposite side of the key) and locking them (fine screwdriver went well);
    Attached Image

4. connect the USB connector;
  5. an inscription about the device found appears in the flasher;
  6. release the installed jumper;
  7. stitching as usual.

Extreme native firmware:
Official firmware, manual, flash driver. Or online. Thank you for the informationdrueed.

Image of the very first firmwareExplay HD.BOOK ID: 1.0.0from 2010/09/14
made by a new technology, i.e. "no carry". The machine was "clean", no experiments were performed on it. New firmware was not installed on it.

Post has been editedTormozzz - 28.09.12, 14:10
Reason for editing: fxd
Tormozzz
Message#2
16.01.11, 13:43
Local
[offline]

Messages 121
Explay HD.Book

The number of lines and characters in a line is given for books processed by the utility."FB2Trans"DearSz-vtk. The link and description on the forum seems to be there. For those who have no time to look;)
The program can:
- the main font in FB2 books is bold
- headings in capital letters
- add blank line after headings
- footnotes immediately following the links to them
- conversion to UTF-8
- replacement of Russians A, a, E, e, O, o with accents on the corresponding Latin
- convert images from 8-bit JPEG to 24-bit

And one more utilityCreaWidth 1.1fromSz-vtkFont replacement for Explay HD Book.
The program can:
- Construction of file widths for the main and additional fonts for Explay HDBook firmware.
- You can set the number of rows per sheet.

Post has been editedTormozzz - 15.07.11, 09:34
Reason for editing: added another great utility
Stone
Message#3
17.01.11, 16:08
Moai about. Easter
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 1582
Check in: 24.10.05
HTC HD2

M
TormozzzHe was appointed curator of the topic.

--------------------
Kasitro
Message#4
20.01.11, 18:50
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 35
Check in: 11.01.11
Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7270

In firmware version 1.03 does not play FLV. Just writes that the formatting is incorrect (And this is exactly what he writes). But in firmware 1.02, play FLV even 430mb.
saintnikon
Message#5
20.01.11, 19:36
Local
[offline]

Messages 168
Check in: 04.01.11
teXet TM-7021

Kasitro @ 01.20.2011, 18:50*
In firmware version 1.03 does not play FLV. Just writes that the formatting is incorrect (And this is exactly what he writes). But in firmware 1.02, play FLV even 430mb.

I write like this now for almost all the files))) I have to recode it into a video for psp))
Kasitro
Message#6
20.01.11, 19:40
Novice
[offline]

Messages 35

Saintnikon @ 01/21/2011, 00:36*
I write like this now for almost all the files))) I have to recode it into a video for psp))

And why not roll back?
Tormozzz
Message#7
20.01.11, 22:09
Local
[offline]

Messages 121
Explay HD.Book

saintnikon
Unfortunately, in-depth testing of the video did not. On firmware HD.BOOK version ID: 1.0.0 FLV and WMV did not work ... Teclast version ID: 2.0.0 FLV shows.
What firmware were flashed? Internal memory formatted? Reset done?

I checked ... on the first FLV firmware - it works ...

Post has been editedTormozzz - 21.01.11, 15:02
Reason for editing: clarified data
saintnikon
Message#8
20.01.11, 22:50
Local
[offline]

Messages 168
Check in: 04.01.11
teXet TM-7021

http://i043.radikal.ru/1101/bf/9ef31d79423c.jpghere's the flash driver
memory is not formatted, reset did not change anything))

Post has been editedsaintnikon - 20.01.11, 22:51
big3214
Message#9
21.01.11, 08:51
Novice
[offline]

Messages 42
Check in: 19.11.10
Ainol NOVO7 Aurora II

Somehow you need to get the native non-dumped firmware from Explay. The only explanation for the glitches with video playback is that something elusive is lost.

--------------------
Kasitro
Message#10
21.01.11, 09:28
Novice
[offline]

Messages 35

Also in my firmware Teclast TL-K5 version ID: 2.0.0 if the flash drive is plugged in, then after switching on the display displays the last page of the book, but if you take it out then everything is ok. The book launches the last page.
bext1
Message#11
21.01.11, 15:05
User
[offline]

Messages 51
Check in: 12.05.10

saintnikon

The situation is exactly the same, the formatting of the memory did FAT, FAT32, NTFS there is no improvement, I agree with big3214,
Something is lost. We'll be picking on. : yes2: By the way, the firmware was trying everything, everywhere.

Post has been editedbext1 - 21.01.11, 15:07

--------------------
alxdm
Message#12
21.01.11, 17:44
Local
[offline]

Messages 104
Check in: 20.01.11
Lenovo Tab3 8 850M

By the way, you can not pervert with creating an image from files or overwriting files in an existing image, but simply in the same WinImage as the source, specify the system disk of the reader and merge it into an image file ;-)
big3214
Message#13
21.01.11, 18:01
Novice
[offline]

Messages 42
Ainol NOVO7 Aurora II

alxdm @ 01/21/2011, 17:44*
By the way, you can not pervert with creating an image from files or overwriting files in an existing image, but simply in the same WinImage as the source, specify the system disk of the reader and merge it into an image file

Have you tried it yourself? It seems to me that such an image will not be identified by the flasher ?!

--------------------
alxdm
Message#14
21.01.11, 18:30
Local
[offline]

Messages 104
Lenovo Tab3 8 850M

big3214 @ 01.21.2011, 18:01*
Have you tried it yourself? It seems to me that such an image will not be identified by the flasher ?!

And how it will be! Compare the original image; image created from merged files; and created by my method ... The first and the last are very similar, only at the end of the last a checksum is added (it looks like MD5).

Post has been editedalxdm - 21.01.11, 18:37
big3214
Message#15
21.01.11, 18:54
Novice
[offline]

Messages 42
Ainol NOVO7 Aurora II

alxdm @ 01/21/2011, 6:30 PM*
And how it will be! Compare the original image; image created from merged files; and created by my method ... The first and the last are very similar, but at the end of the last a checksum is added (it looks like MD5)

Well, this is probably what we lacked. What kind of asking you is, please do it your way, and if it's not difficult to skinte here.

--------------------
alxdm
Message#16
21.01.11, 19:30
Local
[offline]

Messages 104
Lenovo Tab3 8 850M

Unfortunately, HD.book didn’t take it to myself and now gave it away without saving the firmware (And now I have TXT.Book.B65, the firmware from which is laid out in the next topic ...
And so, how to make a disk image, using WinImage as an example:
1. Perform manipulations on opening system disks.
2. In the 'Disk' menu, select 'Use disk' (the drive letter of our device)
3. Now 'Disk' - 'Read disk', select the image file name and ready)
big3214
Message#17
21.01.11, 19:34
Novice
[offline]

Messages 42
Ainol NOVO7 Aurora II

Gentlemen, users who have firmware from the manufacturer, please try the respected methodalxdm, and lay out the resulting firmware, if not difficult !!!
I just checked this new way and I want to note that this is the only correct way to get the firmware, thanks dear alxdm.
It is only necessary to add "3. Now 'Disk' - 'Read disk', choose the name of the image file and it is ready" - specify not only the name but also change the destination (by default it tries to save in the same disk that reads otherwise you get an error, - -------------------------
Mistake
---------------------------
Windows error:
The process cannot access the file because the file is being used by another process.

---------------------------
OK
--------------------------- or invalid file name
)
And the extension of the resulting .ima file in the flasher will not be visible (select the all files tab)
We are waiting for the received firmware rewrite the whole topic and enjoy it (we need factory 1.0.1; 1.0.2; 1.0.3; and subsequent ones)

Post has been editedbig3214 - 21.01.11, 20:05
Reason for editing: clarification

--------------------
big3214
Message#18
21.01.11, 20:24
Novice
[offline]

Messages 42
Ainol NOVO7 Aurora II

Kasitro @ 01/21/2011, 09:28*
Also in my firmware Teclast TL-K5 version ID: 2.0.0 if the flash drive is plugged in, then after switching on the display displays the last page of the book, but if you take it out then everything is ok. The book launches the last page.

maybe a tick in the Settings-When Enabled tab-Continue reading will help.?

--------------------
Kasitro
Message#19
21.01.11, 20:31
Novice
[offline]

Messages 35

big3214 @ 01.22.2011, 01:24*
Her "All the salt" It is that when it is turned on, it scans the contents of the USB flash drive for new music, pictures and everything else, and precisely because of this mode: "The Book" closes.
eski_mosk
Message#20
21.01.11, 20:32
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 5
Check in: 16.01.11
Explay HD.Book

No, it does not roll. Now my wife was in the hospital trying to turn on without a memory card — when turned on, he opened the last page of the book being read. But as soon as he inserted the memory card back (with the book turned on), he was immediately thrown into the main menu.
bext1
Message#21
21.01.11, 20:32
User
[offline]

Messages 51
Check in: 12.05.10

Tried the wayalxdm, everything works out, thanks, big3214 unfortunately my firmware isn’t "factory-clean"; I can’t help, I tried to flash it for win7, the RK28DM flash driver, normal flight.

Interested in the following question: let's look at the structure of the book's disks

1 removable disk - on which the system is located (we create a dump from it and flash it), I have it in the size of 118 mb, formatted in FAT.

2-removable disk-on it there are two files HISTORY.DAT, VERSION.BIN and folder system (hidden), size 29.9 MB, formatted in FAT

3-removable disk, let's call it working, to store our files: books, videos, etc. I have the size of 3.67 GB, I formatted it in FAT32 and NTFS, both options have the right to live.

And finally, the question: the 2nd disk with the firmware remains untouched, maybe this is the reason why many video formats stop playing after the firmware?

Post has been editedbext1 - 21.01.11, 21:14

--------------------

19 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/10/19 11:11