Readers | General topic for discussion and questions.
Devices for reading electronic books ...
-
Are needed. Be sure to buy. [ 391 ] ** [39,94%]
Not needed. Why, if there is a PDA? [ 63 ] ** [6,44%]
I do not care, I do not read books. [ 13 ] ** [1,33%]
I bought and read from the e-book. [ 511 ] ** [52,2%]
Total Votes: 979

Rep: (155)
For a long time there are devices on sale which allow to read books in electronic form.
The market for such devices is still too small. However, slowly developing.
I propose to discuss the feasibility of such devices.
Also in this thread will be posted announcements of these devices.

[b] This is a general topic of communication between e-book owners and people who are interested in e-books.
With questions on the choice of devices - inElectronic Book Readers - Selection and Comparison.

Our friends withthe-ebook.orghonestly :) some filesFAQ'aon the selection of the most optimal reader and tables compared readers and software in them. I ask everyone to use!
Attached fileFAQ_Readers2.doc(30.5 KB)

Attached fileE_readers_4_4.rar(19.99 KB)

Attached fileSoft_in_details.rar(7.55 KB)

"How to choose an electronic reader (reader)" - tips from Alex Exler

Poll results on 03/05/2011 inthis post

P.S. The best way to thank a person is to raise his reputation. If you do not have 15 messages - click on the "Complaint" button and write to whom you want to raise your reputation and for what.

Post has been editedPicnik - 10.08.13, 09:48

Rep: (0)
one more device - nafig, then carry a paper book

Rep: (1)
Sorry, I didn’t find in which topic you can ask a question. Tell me how you can translate large text in Worde to a more readable format for PDAs. I apologize again if not there

Rep: (3)
I think such devices have a right to life. They, of course, are not universal, like a PDA. But this is their dignity. They are specialized. Any special is better than universal.

Rep: (3)
Here, Kozlovsky writes:Black and white blue bird
Funny little article.

Rep: (1)
PDA is cooler. and then if it is scattered like this, then you will need to carry a trolley with a saba, for MP-3 players, readers, photo frames, etc.

I have been reading the CCP for the past five years. A month ago I bought lBook v8. Since then, on the PDA I read extremely rarely (only in transport). The main reading - only from the book - eyes do not get tired at all.

By the way, there is already an SDK for lBook v8 (available on ebook.org).

Rep: (9)
I was thinking about buying, but:
1. In transport, definitely - PDA.
2. At home - in the light of falling prices for laptops, IMHO is better for 300 bucks to buy a used
laptop, especially if you already have a home network with wi-fi.

When the e-book announcements went - I thought "cool, the size is like a page"
Then I read it on my cell phone - sort of fine - I got used to it.
Now only on the PDA !!!

Rep: (-1)
PDA - convenient, affordable, you decide what to set and read

SW forum users.
Tell me, pliz, eBooks only allow you to read books, or can you also edit?

Why do you need readers if you have a PDA? After all, all this stuff still needs to be dragged somehow ... Yes, modern reading rooms live longer without recharging and the picture is more beautiful, but it is still BW and is updating slowly! =)

Rep: (45)
I put a daw on "need ...", in fact, for six months now I have been reading 95% with Sony Reader.
I read from the CCP for almost 10 years - everything was fine. However, closer to the fourth ten years I began to notice that my eyesight was dropping, and my eyes quickly got tired when reading. Searched online - found books on e-ink.
It would be interesting to see in the survey the age of those who answered “necessary” - “not necessary”.
Guys, take care of your eyes, e-ink has already been invented, but when they invent an artificial eye - question o_O: D
$ 350 for the Sony Reader compared to the amount of money for the operation to correct vision - a mere penny. :)
Reading in reflected normal light (not in the dark of course), harming the eyes brings an order of magnitude less than reading from a luminous screen.

my PDA suits me completely

People, tell me, is it possible to read djvu on the PRS-500? did anyone make support?

In the survey, I voted for the first item and bought :) The PDA does not compare with this miracle. The screen does not light and does not create additional strain on the eyes.

Rep: (64)
I will buy it when there are devices in which the screens are minimized into a carrying tube. And so that the screen is backlit. And at the moment, the PDA is more convenient, but what they release is too big ....

Rep: (29)
For those in the US (one more minus), you can buy Sony Reader for 60 green, as soon as I saw
I immediately ordered this opportunity. Because the screen is large and recharged every five days.

As usual-Russia in flight ....

Element, 09/14/07 11:10:39 AM
For those in the US (one more minus), you can buy Sony Reader for 60 green, as soon as I saw
I immediately ordered this opportunity. Because the screen is large and recharged every five days.

Tell how!

NestAl @ 09/15/07 08:15:43
Tell how!

and half of Russia will order from there: -P

Yes, I already found, you need a familiar Americanos for this ...

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/15/19, 18:32