87 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> Readers | General topic for discussion and questions.
Devices for reading electronic books ...
-
Are needed. Be sure to buy. [ 383 ] ** [39,81%]
Not needed. Why, if there is a PDA? [ 62 ] ** [6,44%]
I do not care, I do not read books. [ 13 ] ** [1,35%]
I bought and read from the e-book. [ 503 ] ** [52,29%]
Total votes: 962

Rlnd
Message#1
29.09.06, 11:34
Lawyer
[offline]

Group: Honorary Gameday
Messages 1932
Check in: 06.08.05
HTC U11 6/128

For a long time there are devices on sale which allow to read books in electronic form.
The market for such devices is still too small. However, slowly developing.
I propose to discuss the feasibility of such devices.
Also in this thread will be posted announcements of these devices.

[b] This is a general topic of communication between e-book owners and people who are interested in e-books.
With questions on the choice of devices - inElectronic Book Readers - Selection and Comparison.

Our friends withthe-ebook.orghonestly :) some filesFAQ'aon the selection of the most optimal reader and tables compared readers and software in them. I ask everyone to use!
Attached fileFAQ_Readers2.doc(30.5 KB)

Attached fileE_readers_4_4.rar(19.99 KB)

Attached fileSoft_in_details.rar(7.55 KB)

"How to choose an electronic reader (reader)" - tips from Alex Exler

Poll results on 03/05/2011 inthis post

P.S. ������ ������ ������������� �������� - ������� ��� ���������. ���� � ��� ��� 15 ��������� - ������� �� ������ "������" � ��������, ���� �� ������ ������� ��������� � �� ���. download

Post has been editedPicnik - 10.08.13, 09:48
pashik.home
Message#2
03.10.06, 08:31
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 118
Check in: 26.06.06
HTC Kaiser

I agree. The device is so good in everything except the price: (Well, I don’t buy myself for that price, as if I don’t want to, I’ll stay with my good PDA :) IMHO I don’t need a color screen in such devices, just like there are different kinds of music playing and video.
That would be left only a black and white screen, a slot for SD cards, but they would teach you to understand isilo and fb2, IMHO prices would not be such a gadget :)

--------------------
HTC Alpine->HTC Magician->HTC Prophet->HTC BlueAngel->HTC Wizard->Toshiba G900 & HTC Kaiser
Chib
Message#3
04.10.06, 11:22
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1070
Check in: 09.12.05
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active GT-I9295

I think that such devices are promising but only on electronic paper.
because for reading with TFT there really is a PDA and others like them at a reasonable price ...
Harvester
Message#4
04.10.06, 13:51
Local
[offline]

Messages 330
Check in: 05.12.05

Chib @ 04.10.06 01:22:21
I think that such devices are promising but only on electronic paper.

I do not agree. The book is not a newspaper.

Rlnd
Vote for the item:
"Maybe buy with time"
as soon as such books become design acceptable to me.

--------------------
"When the smoke of Pompeii looms over Rome, When mortars demolish Rotterdam, Poets tremble, Pygmies prophesy an eternity to their own labors"
Mike Sinkovsky
Message#5
04.10.06, 16:05
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1793
Check in: 15.10.05

Agree withHarvesterI would have bought it, but at the moment the PDA is more in line with my ideas about a convenient reading device.
Is that the screen is small, and the duration of the work.
Devices on electronic paper have a critical flaw for me - there is no backlight.

--------------------
Xiaomi A2, Nexus 5X, MagicBook A6LHD
Chib
Message#6
04.10.06, 16:58
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1070

Mike Sinkovsky,
it is the screen size and the running time that appeals to me in electronic paper,
as soon as the backlight is screwed in there, the running time will decrease by several times

Harvester,

and this is what ?? maybe we did not understand each other ???
Harvester
Message#7
04.10.06, 18:32
Local
[offline]

Messages 330

Chib @ 10/04/06 6:58:16 AM

and this is what ?? maybe we did not understand each other ???

Understood, understood ..
I just did not expand my opinion.

You spell it out: how do you imagine reading from electronic paper step by step.
And in general, what is it for? (Your opinion)

By the way, the presented devices have screens - not email. paper.
or am i wrong? (maybe based on)

Post has been editedHarvester - 04.10.06, 18:50

--------------------
"When the smoke of Pompeii looms over Rome, When mortars demolish Rotterdam, Poets tremble, Pygmies prophesy an eternity to their own labors"
Bobik-s
Message#8
05.10.06, 13:50
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 414
Check in: 18.03.06
HTC Desire

The most promising will be a device that allows you to read books in voice with very good quality. It is even possible with intonation text selection. Already, all great fans of audiobooks and this market will evolve. When it is possible to read the wrong set of texts, which is already voiced, and anything, even email and ICQ (and it would be cool to answer with a voice), then you can say that the market has taken place.

It's just possible that this will not be a special program for a PDA, but a separate device with some kind of special processor.
Chib
Message#9
05.10.06, 14:01
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1070

Harvester,
at the first device to mine just like paper ...

I present myself as a normal B & W book in daylight or a light bulb :)

But in general, paper in order to get a good contrast of the text with minimal energy consumption.

Bobik-s,
about the voice, I have never been impressed with audio books, (I tried it many times)
I always try to completely rely on my imagination, and voice and intonation are already in a certain sense imposing on the reader something more than is inherent in the text itself,
or the author himself should read the text, so that he would convey exactly what he wanted ...
Rlnd
Message#10
05.10.06, 15:11
Lawyer
[offline]

Messages 1932
HTC U11 6/128

Here to get started:
Sony Reader PRS-500
Panasonic Words Gear
REB1100

I myself consider such devices promising. I would love to take myself such a "book" in a good-quality leather binding. With a black and white screen, sufficient memory (the presence of memory slots) and Bluetooth.

I do not see the need for a color display. I am only interested in text. For everything else, there are alternative devices (including our favorite PDAs), but just to read, without constant recharging ... Dream!

Harvester,
Harvester @ 10/04/06 2:51:19 PM
Vote for the item:
"Maybe buy with time"

I vote for this item too. :) The question is posed theoretically, and not exactly the devices indicated in the header. I also do not intend to buy them.

Bobik-s,
I do not agree. I prefer to read it myself.

Chib,
Chib @ 10/05/06 3:01:50 PM
about the voice, I have never been impressed with audio books, (I tried it many times)
I always try to completely rely on my imagination,

Here I agree.
Chib @ 10/05/06 3:01:50 PM
I present myself to myself like a normal B & W book in daylight or a light bulb

It would be better without a light bulb. :) Plain black text on a white background, or vice versa.

Post has been editedStone - 11.10.10, 10:27

--------------------
I don't need law. I am the Law!
Chib
Message#11
05.10.06, 15:26
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1070

Rlnd,
I have little idea of ​​the principle of the action of electric paper, in my opinion there are cells with a liquid that, under the action of an electric field, change the state and keep at the expense of viscosity, hence the delay time is large and low power consumption if the pages are often not flipped, but this is not the point.

IMHO substrate can always close up translucent and push the backlight diodes ... a matter of time, I think ...
but of course energy consumption in the dark will not be a fountain, (more precisely it is a fountain :))

but remember what the screen of your PDA turns into when it is well lit by the sun, and so the main advantage of paper is that it only benefits from the sun, and any other less strong illumination. While the PDA often has to unscrew the backlight to the maximum ... or cut down, and then take a long time to choose the angle from which you can see something there ...

Added @ 05.10.2006, 15:30

gee just looked at the principle of action lights on the light will not work in principle ...
but there is still a highlight outside ... or the use of luminescent pigments ... in general, there is still need to poizgolyatsya ...
Bobik-s
Message#12
05.10.06, 15:37
Experienced
[offline]

Messages 414
Check in: 18.03.06
HTC Desire

Chib, Rlnd,
Do not believe it - I also prefer to read myself. But damn how convenient it is not to spend an hour on the road wasted and read a good book. In the modern age of business and constant time-note, traveling time is almost the only opportunity to read.

I generally addicted to this case lately. I just woke up - I poked at the PDA and on the speakerphone I listened to the book while I cleaned my teeth, soak in the shower, and shave. So Makar can a day about 1-2 hours to carve out a book. This is better than nothing.
Chib
Message#13
05.10.06, 16:59
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1070

um .. reading raid? ... original, I certainly prefer to take a comfortable position and fully enjoy ...
but this is a private matter

I think this topic is all the more comparative between the PDA and e-books in terms of merit precisely for reading,
koi in my understanding of digital paper is indisputable ...

P.S. here by the way quite comprehensive information:
_ttp: //www.nanonewsnet.ru/index.php? module = Pagesetter & func = viewpub & tid = 9 & pid = 91
Harvester
Message#14
06.10.06, 00:55
Local
[offline]

Messages 330

Chib @ 10/05/06 4:01:50
Harvester,
at the first device to mine just like paper ...

I present myself as a normal B & W book in daylight or a light bulb :)

But in general, paper in order to get a good contrast of the text with minimal energy consumption.

Well, why are you so attached to e-paper ..
Material - not important ... B)

My vision of the future:

The main property of e-paper is that it bends.
In E-books (by definition) this property is not necessary, therefore, screens based on E-mail will most likely be used there. Paper (but not itself).
The book should be a "book" (in thickness, in appearance, in design and readability)
and the screen (of which it is) is not important, if only it is convenient to read

For me, the bookshelf of the future is one E-book in the middle and that's it. Not a single paper.

And El. paper is needed for El. Newspapers
You have on your table a sheet of El. Paper A3 on which, by bluetooth (new standard), every morning (automatically) comes a newspaper El. Subscription
I grabbed a plastic newspaper for tea, read it to work ...

Shl. But for traveling, the e-book is inconvenient (large). You need a communicator with an optimally “large” screen and a resolution of 1600 * 1200 (for example).

This situation will change with the invention of a cheap hologram. B)

--------------------
nerezus
Message#15
06.10.06, 08:52
Local
[offline]

Messages 395
Check in: 18.02.06
Fujitsu-Siemens Loox 720

Hmm ... art books? PDA!
Technical? Nout / comp.

Added @ 06.10.2006, 08:55

And: the printer is forgotten)
Chib
Message#16
06.10.06, 11:02
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1070

Harvester,

read my first post in this thread and understand why I have attached myself to it,

because it makes no sense to make such devices on TFT, then the CCP is really better.
piloclip
Message#17
06.10.06, 13:25
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 43
Check in: 10.04.06

We are talking about some "in general" books, but they are different (including the color of the spine)
Some books will not roll without large color illustrations - this is how the way is closed to monochrome. “Ugly” Soviet b / w drawings were made from photos by specially trained artists - it is now easier to ask the buyer for good printing money.
Naked text goes well with a wretched PDA screen, and often quite comfortably. I think there is no miracle here - the hand itself turns the light machine into the optimal position, and you cannot turn around the objectively more sophisticated monitor. Probably, a small range of movement of the pupils has some significance. As with this in e-books - experience will show. The paper book adds to the load on the hands, which is subjectively plus the visual fatigue.
The e-book (the copyright topic will be replaced) in response to the proposal (and far from the desktop):
large signs
schemes, b / w graphics
a large piece of text on the screen (reading "diagonally", a comparison of two adjacent descriptions
the gap in the quality of the image (the price that PDA developers will not be able to pay)
The niche turns out to be very broad - textbooks alone are considered a bold piece of the book market. I mean, the e-book can come to us from the side from which it was not expected, and it is not at all the same as requested.
Oftop - a computer audiobook, in my experience, a thing in life is quite suitable, protecting eyes and contributing to fresh air walks :), and acting intonations are far from basic necessities - the text MUST be self-sufficient in this sense (even in dialogs ). But the stump is clear, not every book will do.
And yet - handwriting input spoils the handwriting, audio books quickly undermine “visual literacy” - when mistakes are thrown into the eyes. IMHO
Harvester
Message#18
06.10.06, 15:26
Local
[offline]

Messages 330

Chib @ 10/06/06 01:02:44
read my first post in this thread and understand why I have attached myself to it,

so I did not agree with this.
Al. Paper for E-book is not promising.
It is promising for e.gazet

A quality "tft" (still better for E-book)
El.bumaga will not “overtake” tft for a long time (perhaps it will not “overtake” at all, because new technologies will appear)

what makes such devices on TFT no sense

why?

--------------------
Chib
Message#19
06.10.06, 15:54
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1070

because for this there is a PDA ...

Added @ 06.10.2006, 15:55

By the way, there are prototypes and color displays on e-paper ...
Chib
Message#20
06.10.06, 19:21
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1070

pay attention to today's news feed .. there kakraz in the subject device
Rlnd
Message#21
07.10.06, 16:54
Lawyer
[offline]

Messages 1932
HTC U11 6/128

Chib @ 10/05/06 5:59:14 PM
um .. reading raid? ... original, I certainly prefer to take a comfortable position and fully enjoy ...

Unfortunately in the age of technical progress, when the spacecraft furrows ....
In general, there is no time to read in a comfortable position. Maximum at traffic lights and in traffic jams.

Harvester @ 10/06/06 01:55:55
For me, the bookshelf of the future is one E-book in the middle and that's it. Not a single paper.

But I like that. :)
Harvester @ 10/06/06 01:55:55
You have on your table a sheet of El. Paper A3 on which, by bluetooth (new standard), every morning (automatically) comes a newspaper El. Subscription
I grabbed a plastic newspaper for tea, read it to work ...

Too cool idea. I met somewhere in the cinema ...

piloclip,
piloclip @ 10/06/06 14:25:03
The niche turns out to be very broad - textbooks alone are considered a bold piece of the book market. I mean, the e-book can come to us from the side from which it was not expected, and it is not at all the same as requested.

Also an interesting perspective. Can you imagine how great it will be for our children to go to school?

--------------------
I don't need law. I am the Law!
EBooks

87 pagesV  1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 03/23/19/01: 14