> Information:

Dear forum users, do not forget to encourage each other by raising your reputation.

Microsoft ActiveSync and Windows Mobile Device Center | Questions, solutions, suggestions, installation and instructions.

Rep: (990)
In this topic we solve any issues arising when connecting a PDA to a PC using Microsoft ActiveSync or Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center.

Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5
The latest and final version of the software for synchronizing mobile devices based on Windows Mobile with a PC runningWindows XP / 2000/2003.

Attached Image
System requirements and additional information
Additional information:
  • Fast file transfer and photo synchronization with Outlook is available only on WM5 and newer devices.
  • Remote synchronization (via WiFi or LAN) has been removed from version 4.5 due to security issues with some corporate customers.
  • Customers using Microsoft Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 with devices using the Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Windows Mobile 5.0 will benefit from the following enhancements included in ActiveSync 4.5: Direct Push technology, local device cleaning and certificate authentication with Microsoft Exchange.
  • Microsoft® Outlook® 2000 is not supported in ActiveSync 4.5. It is strongly recommended to upgrade to Microsoft® Outlook® 2003.
  • Converting database files for use on a mobile device is not supported in ActiveSync 4.5. In previous versions, this feature was limited to devices running Windows Mobile for Pocket PC 2003 and earlier.
  • Font file conversion is not supported in ActiveSync 4.5. In previous versions, this feature was limited to devices running Windows Mobile for Pocket PC 2003 and earlier.

System requirements:
Supported operating systems:
Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows XP; Windows XP 64-bit; Windows XP Embedded; Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 1; Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 2; Windows XP for Itanium-based Systems Version 2003; Windows XP Home Edition; Windows XP Media Center Edition; Windows XP Professional 64-Bit Edition (Itanium); Windows XP Professional 64-Bit Edition (Itanium) 2003; Windows XP Professional Edition; Windows XP Professional x64 Edition; Windows XP Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows XP Starter Edition; Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
Supported mobile platforms:
  • Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 6.0
  • Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 5.0
  • Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 5.0
  • Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 2003 Second Edition
  • Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 2003
  • Microsoft® Pocket PC 2002, Microsoft®
  • Microsoft® Smartphone 2002, Microsoft®

To synchronize PIM information (Contacts, Calendar, Tasks), you need Microsoft Outlook installed on your PC from MS Office XP, 2003, 2007.

DownloadMicrosoft ActiveSync:
Version 3.8 English: Attached fileimg-100100-Microsoft_ActiveSync_3_8.rar (3.74 MB)

Version 4.5 English: setup.msi , mirror
Version 4.5 Russian: setup.msi , mirror
Version 4.5 Portable English: Attached fileimg-88496-ActiveSync_4_5_Portable.zip (7.32 MB)

Older versions can be found here: www.hpcfactor.com

1.1. List of standard actions for problems with ActiveSync (Beforehand, do not forget to get acquainted with all the points below, especially the highlighted ones)

Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center
latest software for synchronizing mobile devices based on WindowsMobile with a personal computer runningWindows Vista / Windows7.

Attached Image

System requirements, additional information and description of the installation process
Additional information:
  • There are two versions of the program - for 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows. You can find out the type of version you have installed in System Properties (right click on My Computer - Properties) or Start-Control Panel-System and Security-System.
  • You can use Mobile Device Center 6.1 only with devices running Windows Mobile 2003 or later. ActiveSync and Windows Mobile Device Center do not work with Windows Embedded CE 4.2 or 5.0 devices, Pocket PC 2002, or Smartphone 2002.
  • You must use Microsoft Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003, or Office Outlook 2007 to synchronize e-mail, contacts, tasks, and notes on your PC.From 2010 Outlook, if it is x64, synchronization does not occur. Why? We readhere,Option number 9
  • The initial synchronization of the mobile device with the PC must be performed via the USB cable.

System requirements:
  • Windows Vista Ultimate
  • Windows Vista Enterprise
  • Windows Vista Business
  • Windows Vista Home Premium
  • Windows Vista Home Basic
  • Windows Server 2008
  • Windows 7

Supported mobile platforms:
  • Windows Mobile 6.1 and up.
  • Windows Embedded CE 6.0
  • Windows Mobile 6
  • Windows Mobile 5.0 with Messaging and Security Feature Pack
  • Windows Mobile 5.0
  • Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition
  • Windows Mobile 2003

Description of the installation process:
1. If you previously installed MS ActiveSync, then delete it.
2. If you have a MS Office disk, I recommend that you install it in advance, since if you don’t install, you will not be able to synchronize PIM data.
3. Connect your PDA to PC. Windows recognizes the new device, put down primitive drivers.
4. Run the installer you downloaded. Follow his instructions.
5. After some operations, Windows Installer will detect the new device again, and add another driver. Now the PDA is fully ready for synchronization. You can see its parameters in Device Manager.
Attached Image

6. The Device Center will prompt you to choose a name for the PDA, as well as tick what and how to synchronize.
7. In order for PIM data synchronization to work, you must first create an Account in MS Outlook. If you do this after, then the PDA must be reconnected so that the checkboxes in the sync settings become active.
8. The PDA is synchronized, everything is ready for work.
The next time you connect the PDA, run only the Sync Center application.
Attached Image
To launch Device Center, right-click on your device and select Run ... Device Center there.
Attached Image

You can also customize what you want to synchronize.
Attached Image

DownloadMicrosoft Windows Mobile Device Center:
Version 6.1 x86 (32 bit): Attached fileimg-91867-drvupdate-x86.exe (12.06 MB)

Version 6.1 x64 (64-bit): Attached fileimg-91868-drvupdate-amd64.exe (12.45 MB)

2.1. Priority actions when PDA cannot be synchronized with WMDC on Windows 7 / Vista
2.2. From 2010 Outlook, if it is x64, synchronization does not occur. Why? We readhere,Option number 9

2.3. Attention! Normal operation of an AS or WMDC is not guaranteed when using a Windows distribution kit other than the original MS distribution kit.

3.1. Before synchonization, think about whether you need it at all? What result do you want to achieve? You can transfer files without synchronization. It is easier to install programs directly on the PDA. With the preservation of contacts perfectly cope backup programs. Synchronization is needed for dense, continuous work with Microsoft Outlook. Enough, simply, without synchronization, install Active Sync or WMDC to charge the PDA from the BB and the ability of some programs to work.

Attention! Before asking questions check outMicrosoft ActiveSync / Windows Mobile Device Center - FAQ

Very important!
Before the first synchronization, in order to prevent accidental loss of contacts and other data, we strongly recommend making a backup (Software catalogsavagemessiahzine.com- Backup data )

4. Useful links:
4.1. Microsoft ActiveSync via Bluetooth - it's easy!
4.2. Microsoft ActiveSync (archive number 1 of 02/18/08)

Post has been edited-QwertY- - 12.03.14, 10:35

Rep: (0)
Muha_S, 06.11.07 16:08:42
It was version 6 all worked well through the USB cable.
After upgrading to version 6.1, synchronization works, but Internet access is lost. Writes to the PDA: "The page you can not find because of the error 0x87272f78"

Almost the same thing with me .... I reinstalled, does not help .. I do not know what to do

I am trying to connect a PC with a PDA via Bluetooth. The second day I fight - no way.
1. Install the chip on a PC with all the wood.
2. Identified the incoming port on the PC for example, number 1 (then went through all 20 pieces).
3. Using the device center Windows Mobile installed the same incoming port number 1. (Checked in the registry also number 1)
4. I went to the Bluetooth device on the PDA.
5. PC and PDA connected via password as a serial port.
6. MOST IMPORTANT: when I try to create an ActiveSyns interaction via Bluetooth, I receive a response to the PDA: "The requested service is not active on this device." ???

In version 4.2, everything worked.
I do not know what to do.
If anyone knows please tell me

Rep: (27)
I also had such a glitch, I decided this:
start-settings-network-connections- and where is the connection through a proxy uncheck the second place
More precisely if in a personal device in the room
but I remember exactly that this is where the network settings are
And yes it's all on the pda!

Something is wrong, Kutek s100 + Vista Business + Outluk2007. I put whist, then the office, then in the office I create an account, I transfer contacts from the old company to a new outlook. I connect according to the instructions above - the contacts are not synchronized. I ditch a partnership with a home computer, I start a communicator on a new one, there is still no synchronization ...
Although the device center is working, the mobile device sees files, pictures, etc. it drives back and forth, and does not want to synchronize contacts with the ouluk.

rather, the computer says that the synchronization went well, but for example the changes made in the contact on the computer do not change on the mobile and vice versa.
If in the case of an active and XP in an outlook, for example, I changed the information in a contact, then after synchronization it changed in the mobile device as well .. now it does not change.

Rep: (8)
Stasiz ,
Thank you. Now I have everything OK. Synchronized and goes to the Internet ...

Rep: (27)
Egorka ,
Try to look in the settings of the VMTZ (well, and the abbreviation instead of ac :-)) so that there are ticks in the right places, everything is clear, only this option is available when synchronizing (connecting), the device to bb.

Rep: (50)
First, the "Mobile Device Settings". Then "Change content sync settings." There post ticks. By default, in my opinion, there is nothing worth it.

there are ticks opposite - Contacts.
I don't need to synchronize anything else.
Downloaded such piece: Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 1.0 for Windows Vista-amd64.exe
Now I will try to deliver. It may help. :)

Vobschem deleted MWMDC, deleted all accounts from Ouluk. I tried to install Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 1.0 for Windows Vista-amd64.exe, I did not install it. I again installed Mobile DevicesCenter 1.0 x86, created an account, updated the partnership with the mobile and earned ...
Uncle Bill's miraculous creations.

Rep: (7)
Please tell me with this problem:
We have 3 computers with which it is necessary to synchronize the Pocket, on 2 of them there is XP and an asset sync ... now there is a 3rd ... with Vista ... and so on. Mobile center ... but he does not want to "become the third", and offers to demolish some of the existing ties and acc. replace it with yourself that is not acceptable ...

Maybe there is some kind of get out of the situation of a friendship with 3 or more computers?

Rep: (50)
As I understand it, you can, but only with the help of third-party software.

Rep: (7)
and how exactly?
It is necessary to synchronize with the 3rd computer only contacts ... and folders through MobSync, and he does not plow a contagion without an active ...

Is it possible to configure it so that everything is synchronized with the Windows tools and not the office (wines contacts, calendar, etc.) ???

Who has a problem with the connection (WM6) to no (and with the error 0x80072f78)! I suffered for a long time, I became a fucker, I got stuck, and that's what helped me - start-up-connect-"from USB to PC" - go into it and stupidly remove the checkbox))) Hurray - everything worked. and also syncs.

Rep: (4)
Explain to the teapot how and where in Vsta Ulntimate to set up gprs-internet using Eten m600

Rep: (9)
Here is the problem I encountered, and many also - I want to synchronize not with Outlook, but with the contacts of Windows, soft. I like the mail more and he has contacts. But - the PDA sync only with the outluk, and it does not see the contacts of Vindos at all. at the same time export from outluka contacts is not given. How to synchronize with contacts vindos?

Dear ladies and gentlemen, comrades !!!! Thanks in advance Mofas for useful instructions. Without being even advanced in compgramming, everything (almost) turned out according to the instructions. But there is a problem that is vital for me !!! Files in the pxl format located on miniSD I drag to the Desktop for editing, but it is not converted to xl. The work got up, the files do not open !!!! If there were icons in the Asset looking on BB miniSD, now there are "white pages" with the file name. Advise what the plug. :( I tried to add miniSD to the list of files for synchronization, it does not add !!!! Help who than can. :(

Rep: (270)
AlohaOE
To synchronize email messages, calendar, contacts, tasks, and notes with a personal computer, you need the Microsoft® Outlook® XP, Microsoft® Outlook® 2003 or Microsoft® Outlook® 2007 messaging and collaboration client.
Apparently, no way.

Problem when installing Windows Mobile Device! After detecting a new device, no drivers are installed. Outluk2007 installed. What could be? :(

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/15/19/19: 16