> Information:

Dear forum users, do not forget to encourage each other by raising your reputation.

Microsoft ActiveSync and Windows Mobile Device Center | Questions, solutions, suggestions, installation and instructions.

Rep: (990)
In this topic we solve any issues arising when connecting a PDA to a PC using Microsoft ActiveSync or Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center.

Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5
The latest and final version of the software for synchronizing mobile devices based on Windows Mobile with a PC runningWindows XP / 2000/2003.

Attached Image
System requirements and additional information
Additional information:
  • Fast file transfer and photo synchronization with Outlook is available only on WM5 and newer devices.
  • Remote synchronization (via WiFi or LAN) has been removed from version 4.5 due to security issues with some corporate customers.
  • Customers using Microsoft Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 with devices using the Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Windows Mobile 5.0 will benefit from the following enhancements included in ActiveSync 4.5: Direct Push technology, local device cleaning and certificate authentication with Microsoft Exchange.
  • Microsoft® Outlook® 2000 is not supported in ActiveSync 4.5. It is strongly recommended to upgrade to Microsoft® Outlook® 2003.
  • Converting database files for use on a mobile device is not supported in ActiveSync 4.5. In previous versions, this feature was limited to devices running Windows Mobile for Pocket PC 2003 and earlier.
  • Font file conversion is not supported in ActiveSync 4.5. In previous versions, this feature was limited to devices running Windows Mobile for Pocket PC 2003 and earlier.

System requirements:
Supported operating systems:
Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows XP; Windows XP 64-bit; Windows XP Embedded; Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 1; Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 2; Windows XP for Itanium-based Systems Version 2003; Windows XP Home Edition; Windows XP Media Center Edition; Windows XP Professional 64-Bit Edition (Itanium); Windows XP Professional 64-Bit Edition (Itanium) 2003; Windows XP Professional Edition; Windows XP Professional x64 Edition; Windows XP Service Pack 1; Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows XP Starter Edition; Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
Supported mobile platforms:
  • Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 6.0
  • Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 5.0
  • Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 5.0
  • Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 2003 Second Edition
  • Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 2003
  • Microsoft® Pocket PC 2002, Microsoft®
  • Microsoft® Smartphone 2002, Microsoft®

To synchronize PIM information (Contacts, Calendar, Tasks), you need Microsoft Outlook installed on your PC from MS Office XP, 2003, 2007.

DownloadMicrosoft ActiveSync:
Version 3.8 English: Attached fileimg-100100-Microsoft_ActiveSync_3_8.rar (3.74 MB)

Version 4.5 English: setup.msi , mirror
Version 4.5 Russian: setup.msi , mirror
Version 4.5 Portable English: Attached fileimg-88496-ActiveSync_4_5_Portable.zip (7.32 MB)

Older versions can be found here: www.hpcfactor.com

1.1. List of standard actions for problems with ActiveSync (Beforehand, do not forget to get acquainted with all the points below, especially the highlighted ones)

Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center
latest software for synchronizing mobile devices based on WindowsMobile with a personal computer runningWindows Vista / Windows7.

Attached Image

System requirements, additional information and description of the installation process
Additional information:
  • There are two versions of the program - for 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows. You can find out the type of version you have installed in System Properties (right click on My Computer - Properties) or Start-Control Panel-System and Security-System.
  • You can use Mobile Device Center 6.1 only with devices running Windows Mobile 2003 or later. ActiveSync and Windows Mobile Device Center do not work with Windows Embedded CE 4.2 or 5.0 devices, Pocket PC 2002, or Smartphone 2002.
  • You must use Microsoft Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003, or Office Outlook 2007 to synchronize e-mail, contacts, tasks, and notes on your PC.From 2010 Outlook, if it is x64, synchronization does not occur. Why? We readhere,Option number 9
  • The initial synchronization of the mobile device with the PC must be performed via the USB cable.

System requirements:
  • Windows Vista Ultimate
  • Windows Vista Enterprise
  • Windows Vista Business
  • Windows Vista Home Premium
  • Windows Vista Home Basic
  • Windows Server 2008
  • Windows 7

Supported mobile platforms:
  • Windows Mobile 6.1 and up.
  • Windows Embedded CE 6.0
  • Windows Mobile 6
  • Windows Mobile 5.0 with Messaging and Security Feature Pack
  • Windows Mobile 5.0
  • Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition
  • Windows Mobile 2003

Description of the installation process:
1. If you previously installed MS ActiveSync, then delete it.
2. If you have a MS Office disk, I recommend that you install it in advance, since if you don’t install, you will not be able to synchronize PIM data.
3. Connect your PDA to PC. Windows recognizes the new device, put down primitive drivers.
4. Run the installer you downloaded. Follow his instructions.
5. After some operations, Windows Installer will detect the new device again, and add another driver. Now the PDA is fully ready for synchronization. You can see its parameters in Device Manager.
Attached Image

6. The Device Center will prompt you to choose a name for the PDA, as well as tick what and how to synchronize.
7. In order for PIM data synchronization to work, you must first create an Account in MS Outlook. If you do this after, then the PDA must be reconnected so that the checkboxes in the sync settings become active.
8. The PDA is synchronized, everything is ready for work.
The next time you connect the PDA, run only the Sync Center application.
Attached Image
To launch Device Center, right-click on your device and select Run ... Device Center there.
Attached Image

You can also customize what you want to synchronize.
Attached Image

DownloadMicrosoft Windows Mobile Device Center:
Version 6.1 x86 (32 bit): Attached fileimg-91867-drvupdate-x86.exe (12.06 MB)

Version 6.1 x64 (64-bit): Attached fileimg-91868-drvupdate-amd64.exe (12.45 MB)

2.1. Priority actions when PDA cannot be synchronized with WMDC on Windows 7 / Vista
2.2. From 2010 Outlook, if it is x64, synchronization does not occur. Why? We readhere,Option number 9

2.3. Attention! Normal operation of an AS or WMDC is not guaranteed when using a Windows distribution kit other than the original MS distribution kit.

3.1. Before synchonization, think about whether you need it at all? What result do you want to achieve? You can transfer files without synchronization. It is easier to install programs directly on the PDA. With the preservation of contacts perfectly cope backup programs. Synchronization is needed for dense, continuous work with Microsoft Outlook. Enough, simply, without synchronization, install Active Sync or WMDC to charge the PDA from the BB and the ability of some programs to work.

Attention! Before asking questions check outMicrosoft ActiveSync / Windows Mobile Device Center - FAQ

Very important!
Before the first synchronization, in order to prevent accidental loss of contacts and other data, we strongly recommend making a backup (Software catalogsavagemessiahzine.com- Backup data )

4. Useful links:
4.1. Microsoft ActiveSync via Bluetooth - it's easy!
4.2. Microsoft ActiveSync (archive number 1 of 02/18/08)

Post has been edited-QwertY- - 12.03.14, 10:35

Rep: (309)
Sjbanov In my opinion, the AS on the PDA has settings for creating synchronization with the Exchange server.
And messages should be displayed in the Messaging application.

Rep: (32)
Stasiz ,
Well, then what to set up? so that everything runs? :(

Rep: (0)
People help!
Worth Vista Business and Mobile Cent 6
All sync without problems ...
But I need to install the software on the PDA from the computer, and they don’t give a shit, swear obscenities and ask for the asset synh .... but on the whist it naturally will not rise! WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Rep: (9)
to Leviofan4ik
I have a problem, I ask for help, who knows how to overcome it

solutions like: put * .cab files please do not offer

Rep: (2)
Stanno, I put the mobile center and I have it instead of the active one now gets out and puts all the programs normally

Good day!

Tell me please!
That set himself Vista today. And I'm trying to synchronize with the Samsung I-300 smartphone. Unsuccessfully. Sam Tsentr mobile devices downloaded from this site. everything seems set up. and the phone he sees, and his review can be done. everything is working. and press the button to synchronize - writes that an error has occurred. I do not understand what else you can customize. By the way, in the very center, the tab for changing synchronization settings is not active. only when setting up a partnership can you indicate that you want to synchronize. Maybe even with this as it is connected? Please tell me very much I hope for answers!

Rep: (62)
Friends, but tell me how to look at these ports under Vista. (I want to connect to the BB via bluetooth)!
Help pliz!
File-rag downloaded, but I don’t know what port to write there!
Through YUSB konektsya - everything is OK !!!
And then everything stops on the inscription connection with the host (I do this through the BT service on the 535th is called active bluetooth ...)

Post has been edited- = Nike = - - 27.05.07, 18:40

Comrades, who managed to synchronize with the BB through the bluetooth and even get on the Internet, PLEASE, help make a couple of screenshots on the configuration or describe in more detail than what is written in the header !!!! I ask you all very much !!!
Thanks friends!

Rep: (309)
- = Nike = - read the post Stasiz - nowhere else.

Mofas , did just that !!! Honestly, I have nothing more to do than to write just like that ???
What settings need to be made in the 535th?
I tried there I rearranged the profiles with the YUSB default on ActiveSynk via BT and it still does not help ... it connects, then the connection to the host stops on the inscription ... When synchronizing via YUSB, the user writes the status, then it is connected ... And then such a thing ...
Where is the rake ???
Help at least somebody !!!
Please skip off step by step what you did, where you went, what you exhibited! You can in the RM!
Thank you for understanding!

Rep: (50)
I do not even know.
Try clicking on the bluetooth icon in the BB tray. Sometimes on whist does not pop up a window to allow the connection.
Plus I have disabled UAC on BB.
Try on the PDA to connect not to the Activesync service, but to review the devices and select the service serial port.
Check that you did not mistake the port number in the registry (did not confuse the incoming number with the outgoing).
Check the registry, because port number may jump on bluetooth.

Stasiz ,
no no ... everything accepts and resolves! When I first connected, I asked for the password both on the PDA and on the BB - I confirmed everything. Disabled and VAR and firewall.
Every time he tries to connect, he writes that the device is connected to the service a serial port on COM3 ... on the 535th he writes a connection ... Connected .... Connection to the host .... And everything is fixed on this, and from the BB side no questions and requests are received ...
In the settings of the Windows Mobile Device Center, it is necessary to allow connection via BT, this computer is connected to: Automatically (I tried both the Internet and the Work network - one figure ..)
Plus, in the settings of the bluetooth on the BB, I set up to allow Internet connection or something like that for all devices ...
Some kind of mystique .... in the last 3 days did 2 reinstalls of Vista and 4 XP !!!
What to do???
Please help me!
Another plus (I have an ADSL connection) when ours allows Internet access through this computer (where the tick should be checked), he writes that an error (null) cannot be performed, and what is connected to BT (ibid) can be set, but at the same time something happens to the main connection via ADSL and Inet crashes ...
Maybe what and where to change step by step ???
Bluetooth ports on BB are COM 3 and COM 4 ...

But the serial port creates (on the BB it says that it is connected without questions) ... Already interesting! : victory:

Post has been edited- = Nike = - - 29.05.07, 13:29

Stasiz ,
still managed to create access to the network (also created without question), but when creating Synchronization through ActiveSync - FIG!

Hooray!!! I won all the same Vista !!!!
Just serial busting of COM ports in your reg file helped !!!!!
Urrraaaa !!!
Thank you, darling !!!! : victory:: victory:: victory:: victory:

If someone else told me now how to get on the Internet would be quite mega cool !!!

Post has been edited- = Nike = - - 29.05.07, 14:02

Rep: (50)
Usually, when the PDA is connected via AS, no network settings need to be touched. Inet runs normally. If you want to set up PAN, then this is another song.

Rep: (5)
When using Vista there is another problem. It is synchronized through the cable without any problems (I haven't tried bt), but word does not open psw files. On the last Windows, the problem was automatically solved by installing AS. I do not know what to do. In grinding, all the lectures are printed on the PDA, and not opened on the BB (you have to drop either BB or txt on the BB, which is not very convenient, either through Dad's BB, and then on the grid to the laptop)

Rep: (1)
I did everything according to the instructions, but the drivers are installed with a fix, as a result I can not synchronize ...
What to do?

Rep: (1)
The firewood (drvupdate-x86 swung from Microsoft) seemed to be OK, but in the Windows Mobile Device Manager with an exclamation point. (The launch of this device is impossible. (Code 10)) The Device Center icon appeared, but does not start ... I just can not understand it. Synchronization does not start because there are no devices with which you need to synchronize. Maybe some additional firewood is needed? Tell me where to download ...

Rep: (17)
Comrades, bought a beech on Vista Home-WMDC is by default.The Kpk he sees, there are two folders on Storaj and Storage Card. The problem is that I can’t install yusb-VT .. Stavil blyusoyolvsky-no way .. Vidkomm is set, writes that the device works, but the VT settings do not open. When tapes write, "check if the connections are correct, etc. Does the thread know how to make it work?

I have a question! I have a g500 / on my computer, it is a vista .. and the last device cent, contacts, calendar, etc. is synchronized perfectly, but I can’t update anything through the weather cable or rss (mdigger) news !!! server ((((what to do ??
On the previous page, the question was raised, but no one answered ...

It was version 6 all worked well through the USB cable.
After upgrading to version 6.1, synchronization works, but Internet access is lost. Writes to the PDA: "The page you can not find because of the error 0x87272f78"

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07.21.19, 01:17