TV - Choosing TVs | Selection and comparison of models

Rep: (2721)
TV - Choosing TVs - choosing and comparing models

Attached Image

Choosing a TV пїЅ | TV catalog onsavagemessiahzine.com | Choosing a TV for the Game Console пїЅ | Choosing an android media player пїЅ

• Read Forum Rulessavagemessiahzine.comandsection rulesRespect your and other people's time.
  • Please do not deviate from the topic and respect the interlocutors.
  • Photos and screenshots inserted into the message, remove under spoiler. Also, before publishing images, please read this topic .
  • Before asking your question, be sure to use the search on the topic.
  • We say "thank you" by raising the reputation of a particular participant. To do this, click on the button in the reputation of the one who helped you. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the "Complaint" button.
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Important
TV Xiaomi
If you have a desire to buy a TV Xiaomi and you came in this topic to obtain the approval of his choice, for starters read the material that is presented below, if after that you still have this desire, then run to the store, if not ask in the theme, we recommend more decent options for this price.
Very informative post of full-length video examples
Mini review Xiaomi bought the TV from RC_Gremlin
Review of the 55-inch "intelligent" 4K LCD TV Xiaomi Mi LED TV 4S 55 "on Android TV
Mini review from phox
HDR
To display the HDR fully, the TV must have good brightness, just say TVs for 30,000 rubles, and these do not happen no matter what on the box in large letters write the HDR, televisions that can display the HDR minimum, the price starts at 60,000 rubles, roughly.
TV backlight brightness value needed for full functionality HDR, for https://hdtvpolska.com opinion
Very interesting article about HDR with habr games
Another interesting article about habr with Dolby Vision, and in general about HDR.
Selecting the TV small diagonal
Almost every day there is a branch about this question: advise the best, top-end TV diagonal of 43 inches. The situation is such that now TV to 50 inches diagonally to normal and the more high-end and do not produce in the store can choose any one you like, all of them on the image and characteristics are not and some sort of a top TV from Sony PCD 5-6 years ago shows significantly better, and there is a good 120 Hz. matrix decent brightness and contrast.
Calculator tv optimal size depending on the distance

useful links
Types of TVs, highlights and technologies, practical differencesTV - we discuss TVs

Useful from users

IPTV channels

Cap during filling with interesting, informative and useful suggestions, one should fast (can express their opinions about acquisitions in the TV) that were previously in the subject, please contact thelichku, thank you in advance
Topics CuratorOrbitex

Post has been editedOrbitex - Yesterday 21:27
Reason for editing: Added the section IMPORTANT: The TV selection of small diagonal

Rep: (327)
Newabramovich @ 01/06/2011, 15:39*
I have a Philips 42PFL9664H Where is your SD card slot located? I compared the market, the models are very similar, maybe I have lost it too)
On my way, there is support for flash, it seems, because the video from YouTube is easy to watch and all the animations on the sites are spinning

Card slot on the left, as viewed from the side of the screen. But one thing - the card is only needed for the cache of films purchased in net-tv. Something else will not be launched from it, but they promised to implement the purchase function at the beginning of this year :)
As for the video from YouTube - I also plow it wonderful through a special native plugin. But try some site with a video stream such as a turbo film, indafan, lineinc or something like that ...

Rep: (139)
BOJIKOJIAK @ 01/07/2011, 20:57*
the card is needed only for the cache of films purchased in net-tv

The same garbage from blus on, only there for the cache of Internet disks.

Rep: (432)
BOJIKOJIAK @ 01/07/2011, 18:57*
Card slot on the left, as viewed from the side of the screen.

I have a USB port there: yes2:

And I still have an SD card slot next to USB and some other healthy slot, which I haven’t been interested in yet. In the YUSB, by the way, I stuck my Wi-Fi adapter and now the hole is busy. Not in the know - through the hub 2 device port will understand the TV? :) I would check, but I am afraid to burn :)

BOJIKOJIAK @ 01/08/2011, 03:53*
I stuck the Wi-Fi adapter and now the hole is busy

I have built-in Wi-Fi
will understand?

Rather, no, and it is better not to check, it can cost much: yes2:

I have a problem running a video from a fotik, I see pictures, but there are no video files, although I play movies from a flash drive perfectly, what a canoe: blink:

Post has been editedNewabramovich - 08.01.11, 12:19

Newabramovich,
There, different codecs are probably used for compression, but your TV set, those that use fotik, do not know. I think that if you envelop your viewers, the TV will understand them. But I can’t say what to convert, because I don’t bother with it yet :) And also look what formats your fotik writes. If there is a choice, then maybe some of them will understand the TV :)

Post has been editedBOJIKOJIAK - 08.01.11, 14:40

and another healthy slot, the purpose of which has not yet been interested.

Like it
Attached Image

For satellite dishes as I understood

BOJIKOJIAK @ 01/08/2011, 14:00*
I think that if you envelop your viewers, the TV will understand them

I quickly look at my computer: rofl:

Post has been editedNewabramovich - 08.01.11, 16:27

Newabramovich @ 01/08/2011, 17:20*
Like it

It ... I don’t even know what it is with :) What is a decoder for a signal from a dish, or what the fuck? :)
Newabramovich @ 01/08/2011, 17:20*
I'll look faster on my computer

And in other formats fotik does not write?

Rep: (1211)
BOJIKOJIAK @ 12/25/2010, 20:54*
however, there are people generally inadequate

you're so vain, one of the best technical forums.

Nerovinger @ 01/10/2011, 2:30 PM*
you're so vain, one of the best technical forums.

I'm in a good sense of the word :) People just bother there absolutely not with what interests me. I am not chasing the crystal picture, I do not plan to raise the server. I would just flash, supported by the telecom :)

BOJIKOJIAK @ 01/10/2011, 16:45*
I would just flash

It seems to me that the percent will not pull if Phillips is only stirred up by a special program such as the built-in YouTube program, tried to open the Yandex video on the video ... I thought for maybe 5 minutes, and I didn't load the page, but I thought

Newabramovich @ 01/11/2011, 01:29*
It seems to me that the percent will not pull if Phillips is only stirred up by a special program such as the built-in YouTube program, tried to open the Yandex video on the video ... I thought for maybe 5 minutes, and I didn't load the page, but I thought

Well ... After all, once youtube pulls without complaints, it means he has enough relics to flow. I myself doubted, until I remembered about YouTube :) Of course, maybe the flash, due to its versatility, will be much more demanding of system resources, but this is not a fact :)

In the phillips you need to roll a letter: yes2:

Newabramovich @ 01/11/2011, 20:15*
In the Phillips need a letter to roll

Judging by the tech support forums, they stand firmly on the fact that it protects us from viruses ... I guess this is an economic policy. All employees received a clear tsu - just answer this way (about viruses) To make your TV plug-in, you probably need to pay them money, and if the device receives a flash, then the video store, which will soon be opened (in some other countries it already has ) will be out of favor ...

Rep: (88)
Yes my friends, and why you HD 1080p bodies? It is clear that the stupid bells VGA signal to a normal TV does not throw. Media server works fine on most TV. WiFi speed for high-quality viewing 1080p insufficient as to view YouTube. Bodies need to hang on the wire to a router, even if there is a grid - then no brakes will not. The same song with the media server. Over WiFi will slow down, and if the cable from the PC to the router and from it to the TV - will normalek. Almost any content will look as. According to Phillips - mother-in took 42 d 7000 series LED -. One USB, the player did not really implemented. Me, looking at him, took the LG 42LX6500. Pro 3D will not say. But 2 USB, a single port for the WiFi adapter, built-in player for the media. Filipsovsky Internet service is not confident that all will work. Someone there registered? But on most TV as on my for example, a lot of internet services, built-in (not to be confused with the browser, they are separate, specially for TV sharpened and sewn into the application firmware): Yota (music), Yandex, Weather, Guglkarty, Facebook, Yutuba and etc. Here on this TV is beginning to be understood for what it online. Yes, online you will never be able to see HD 1080p with a five-channel sound. Because only the swing, and then look through the media server. Or sit at the computer too, do not know quality video. Even if you have a 1920x1080 monitor it does not compare with a normal TV 40 d. And a good five-channel sound through separate speakers.

Post has been editedVitFom - 12.01.11, 04:55

VitFom @ 01/12/2011, 04:53*
Yes, friends, and why do you need HD 1080p bodies?

To watch it: blink: ... or is it better to buy a ruby ​​of the year that way and not break off? : rolleyes:
WiFi speed is not enough for 1080p quality viewing

36mb / s in my normal speed
WiFi will slow down

Especially for this, I recently bought a router with two rohatulins: yes2:
a bunch of internet services embedded

Well, not a lot of course ... the weather, some games, youtube, radio, cards ... maybe I forgot something)
Facebook

IMHO I do not understand why on Facebook you need a facebook: blink:

VitFom @ 01/12/2011, 05:53*
Yes my friends, and why you HD 1080p bodies? It is clear that the stupid bells VGA signal to a normal TV does not throw. Media server works fine on most TV. WiFi speed for high-quality viewing 1080p insufficient as to view YouTube. Bodies need to hang on the wire to a router, even if there is a grid - then no brakes will not. The same song with the media server. Over WiFi will slow down, and if the cable from the PC to the router and from it to the TV - will normalek. Almost any content will look as. According to Phillips - mother-in took 42 d 7000 series LED -. One USB, the player did not really implemented. Me, looking at him, took the LG 42LX6500. Pro 3D will not say. But 2 USB, a single port for the WiFi adapter, built-in player for the media. Filipsovsky Internet service is not confident that all will work. Someone there registered? But on most TV as on my for example, a lot of internet services, built-in (not to be confused with the browser, they are separate, specially for TV sharpened and sewn into the application firmware): Yota (music), Yandex, Weather, Guglkarty, Facebook, Yutuba and etc. Here on this TV is beginning to be understood for what it online. Yes, online you will never be able to see HD 1080p with a five-channel sound. Because only the swing, and then look through the media server. Or sit at the computer too, do not know quality video. Even if you have a 1920x1080 monitor it does not compare with a normal TV 40 d. And a good five-channel sound through separate speakers.

Signal, despite the vga-vga connection (string of 15 meters), it is quite decent. The only difference from HDMI - no sound, because it was necessary to pull the system unit from the still and the audio cable (fortunately I soldered it from khalyavnykh "parts" :)). The picture raises no objections. Games and movies look great. Of course, maybe, HDMI would have given a bit better quality, but of excess sharpness hurts your eyes. When watching standard analog TV have to disable the signal processing to get rid of "staging effect" when the sharpness of the objects that are in focus, increased. Same with the computer. The signal coming from the VGA eye nicer. High resolution, for me personally, it is necessary only for the company. It's just convenient. As for the video in HD to stream over the Internet - Wi-Fi speed is more than enough, since before you start watching, you have only a portion of the stream prokeshirovat. (Zhmosh play and pause once. You go to smoke. Go back, and quietly watch) About five-channel sound I say nothing, because TV just 2 speakers, and there is no output to 5.1. Maintain an extra pair of speakers directly to the computer, in my opinion, too much, because the computer should do in another part of the apartment, and once again razderbanivat all cable channels, holes in walls and other tryahomudiyu in a rented apartment - whole saga, fraught with frustration it hosts: ) I just connected via the headphone jack at the TV normal 2.1 speakers, and enjoy life. the effect of the surround speakers worthless unless you play here does not exist in a 3D shooter (I hated the genre of) the Internet. I broke the neighbor's access point, so it was my good fortune: blush: By this Wi-Fi is the only access to the web, and if your TV set is own connection, it is not bad. Do not have to configure on your computer, catching internet, proxy and pull more and twisted-pair cable to a TV set, + to the TV can go out even when the PC is off the network. Drawstring through the router would certainly faster, but home to your internet channel 50 megabits, I do not return soon, because have to "survive" in the channel 3 megabits (more none of the neighbors do not have).
Players built into the TV, I absolutely do not need. In my stupid rock film, or the more music to it on the TV to watch / listen to, when everything is available in the stream :) The only thing I'm going to use of these functions - the future of films online shop for purchasing special favorite or interesting things ... for this purpose I have already bought SD card class 10 to 16 gigs, which will act as a storage device for the cache. As for the internet service - I have registered there, and freely use all the functions available today. The only negative - that they are at a base accounts screwed up, so I had to re-register once. Internet services, yet smaller, but a lot of the above does not require a separate plug-ins. For example, why the hell I kartovsky Google plugin, I can safely climb back through the browser, which, by the way, as well as plug-ins is separately sewn program.
But with the browser, this is the main problem: this is a separate, perhaps some kind of special, assembly of the opera under Linux. It is only necessary to replace this assembly with the same one with the flash plugin installed. A case that is easy to implement with patience and the ability to disassemble / assemble the firmware file.
Meaning in the media server, I almost do not see any. That is why do the left buggy and braking the utility on a computer, when they could just give the ability to connect to a workgroup on the network, and rummaged fine. Manufacturers are trying hard to conceal from us the real truth about how it works, but we all know :))) The next generation already knows is much less, and those who are still quite small, probably will not even know that the system is a computer unit - are just beautiful buttons, such as "I want the Internet", "Automatic computer repair" or "set up your computer so that on it to play" ... Seventh Windows - an example of a developing trend - most of the features no longer requires a good knowledge of materiel from the user: )

Post has been editedBOJIKOJIAK - 12.01.11, 13:55

Friends, first I did not disappoint you unsubscribed. In fact.
HDMI 1.3 is not enough even for a good view kachesvennogo BD. Lace need at least 1.4 or at a different, higher speed. These are $ 100 and for a reason. 36 Mb / s speed is good, but the internet cable can, and 100 MB / s to give. If the power stage, the difference did not notice, but it is worth to the real dynamics - the difference will be. Two rogatuliny at speed router is not added, if not up to date, but only the radius of coverage. HD video is also on separate envelopes. Some films pressed down to 6.5 GHB. But quality, which will slow down, even with the cut off overseas votes, twice as much. No need to be Pythagoras to understand - Feed twice on the network will be - here and start braking. Usually MKV network - matryoshka. Here for them and I want the player to a TV. Connected directly to a removable hard drive to the TV via USB and watch as an ordinary player. Pause, rewind, etc.
About the sound. In Phillips 7000 series there is only a coaxial output, but even he easily gives distribution through an amplifier to five speakers and a sanbufer (I personally have an optical output for the same). The signal goes to the TV, and from it the sound on all the speakers is if through a media server or USB to watch.
With regard to services (sewn applications for Tb). I think that in most modern Phillips are similar. I yuzal them. And really he is one, and requires no registration. I'm on LG's latest firmware of 12 mb. Yota Music is not only beautifully decorated, but also allows you to listen to the TV through a variety of music in stereo (this is even without audio possible). In addition to the previously listed in the post above, there is the vTuner - internet radio - works. Accedo (internetigrushki) - unpretentious arcade. Viewster - it is closer to filipsovskomu service - you can buy and watch movies (2.5 euros for about a film) - Overseas, we can not know whether the download. MLB.tv - what that sport internettelevidenie - you need to register - I do not need, although it seems free. In addition to Facebook, there is also Twitter. Picasa - a lot of pictures to be viewed on a good screen. In addition there is the 8th sewn into a separate menu "Games" unpretentious toys. Use such applications as easy as similar to PSP3.
On VGA wires - well, friend, this is mockingly, intentionally disfiguring an image. On modern TV there is a system that eliminates blurring and ringing HD video - everything looks just gorgeous. I, for example, smooth image TruMotion technology 200 Hz.

Post has been editedVitFom - 12.01.11, 20:07

VitFom @ 01/12/2011, 20:01*
36 mb / s good speed, but the internet cable can and 100 mb / s issue

Wi-Fi n-type can also issue 300mb / s, the speed here depends on the tariff: yes2:
Two rogatulins on the router do not add speed

It does not add speed, but reduces loss, speed is not cut
Directly connected a removable hard drive to the TV via USB and look like on a regular player.

So I do ... only with a flash drive

Take the same youtube, in 1080HD resolution without problems reproduces

Surely you do not realize that for YouTube, internettelevideniya HD, onlaynveschaniya quality is too low, the reduced bitrate, cut down the sound, reduced not only the quality but also the number of frames per second? You probably think that the HDMI cable is an unnecessary item in your system. Good quality BD movie, weighing more than 30 GHB you even on the wire through the media server normally see can not. By the way, the internet cable is usually nakleechki - 1000 Mb / s. But this is not enough. Or do you think that it is playing normally onlaynveschanie BD disc? His first 35 GHB will shrink to 6.5 (and I think even more), and then let the network. What do you think, what is the quality loss when such a compression, more precisely cuts. Take any video in any converter compress it into 35 / 6.5 = 5.4 times. There was, for example, 540 MB., And do at the same resolution of 1920x1080, 100 mb. Look and compare. Here, you see, my friends. Or you think a normal film on a BD disc weighs more than 30 GHB. accident, pure fool with many gigs of extra prescribed? Even if all the tracks to remove, you more than a few gigs I will not hide - everything else is a qualitative and not such as you see video.

Found here specifically to issues have disappeared. HD1080p on BD is real 1920x1080 25 frames per second, plus a seven-channel sound. One photo 1920x1080 (HD quality) weighing an average of 2.5 megabytes. Correspondingly, only to transfer the video stream requires 2,5h25 = 62.5 Mb / s. Plus sound. Even if the technical characteristics of the router is written 300 Mb / s is only in theory, actually less than a hundred. For me personally, through a router via WiFi video quality brakes. But not in this case. HD 1080p flow rate several times higher than what can give online even 36 Mb / s. Accordingly view 1080p HD quality video over the Internet is possible only in case of internet speed of 100 Mb / s. And this is only in theory. The fact that the broadcaster server as faloobmenniki, unable to give such a speed. Remember speed toll jumps from file sharing? Compare with what is needed for high-quality video.

Newabramovich, Phillips has a player, like almost all modern TVs, but it is implemented, to put it mildly, inexpressibly. And if you pick up their standard remote, then without a hundred grams can not be disassembled. I have a remote, purely by organization, and not in form, similar to the standard (large) TV PSP3 remote. To the question of the player. What does Phillips read from USB? LG reads exactly MP3, JPEG, DivX, MPO (3D), WMV, AVI, MKV (Matryoshka).

Post has been editedVitFom - 13.01.11, 01:51

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 15/12/19, 3:16