> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

ViewSonic G Tablet - Discussion | G Tablet

Rep: (1094)
DiscussionViewSonic G Tablet
Attached ImageG Tablet
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedMagnifikus - 15.01.18, 15:49

Rep: (1)
Listen and the sensor on it works normally ?? I read on XDA that they have dead zones on some devices. Or it all depends on the firmware.

Rep: (12)
The sensor is working fine ... yes, not a lot of users of this device here: (

Rep: (1094)
DukalisGGG,
On the latest firmware, the response was weak. (this is me about the original)
On custom. better

Rep: (0)
I have been using for a week. Impressions-SkYPE does not plow, calls go through, and chat is only one-way — messages don't reach me. Many programs do not load or work incorrectly. On the manufacturer's website there is a link to a patch, some kind of kernel (kernel source) —to know what it is and what it eats with. : lol:
In general, I used to buy this computer for travel in woke, but now I can't put a video call there — the sipdroid doesn't want to work either

Rep: (6)
dentists109 @ 12.28.2010, 23:01*
In general, I was in the wake-I bought this computer for travel

3g modem got screwed?

Post has been editedDeveloper - 11.01.11, 18:41

Rep: (6)
I tried to install the VEGAn firmware. Compared with the native - like heaven and earth!
While I found the following advantages:
1. There is a Russian language (it is not in the latest versions of the stock firmware)
2. You can install any keyboard (they were installed on the native one, but you couldn’t use them, that is, you couldn’t even sit on the forum, you couldn’t write in Russian)
3. Accelerometer works correctly in games.
4. There is a natural market.

Yes, even after formatting the internal flash in 2048/0, it was no longer buggy and crashing the system.

But the APN point for the 3g-modem could not be added. In this firmware, it is even initially unavailable.

Rep: (19)
Also ordered already on ebee! All pending: rolleyes:
Pleased with the comments that he still holds the battery, as stated! So you can safely in the long journey somewhere, watch a movie and roam in toys! There are a couple of questions:
1. Were there incompatible games due to such non-standard resolution? (the incompatibility of the firmware does not interest) Everything in the market under Froyo, everything starts and works normally?
2. Has anyone tested the HDMI adapter?

Rep: (5)
I will join your ranks, but as the owner of the Malata Zpad (almost one to one g-tablet, the difference is in the gig operative and the built-in 3G modem).
Is there information on connecting GPS via bluetooth?

The same question to the owners of this miracle
What is the sensitivity to pressing on the right at the edge of the screen is rather weak, periodically
does not notice clicks and scrolling jerks goes, multitouch unlike ipad
some kind of no.
Is it all so? Or a feature of my device?
If I have a vegan installed.

Rep: (24)
CrasyJoe, Do you have firmware or custom firmware? On xda it seems there is a description of the screen calibration method.

VEGAn costs, there is a utility where you can see how the touchscreen works in dynamics
more than 2 x fingers do not work and the right side of the screen is triggered with a delay
the very edge is somewhere 2 centimeter along the entire screen from the side of the control buttons

Post has been editedCrasyJoe - 23.01.11, 20:38

BenEl88 tell me please, where did you take it and for how much? In nete did not see them cheaper than $ 520, and this is very strange ... then it is better to take Viewsonic.
Since 1GB of RAM in the android has nowhere to go) And you can buy a 3G modem external or make a communicator in the role of Hotspot. And, as I understand it, Malata does not have a USB host.

Post has been editedFRANCH_ART - 24.01.11, 12:05

Rep: (1301)
BenEl88 @ 01/23/2011, 01:29*
I will join your ranks, but as the owner of the Malata Zpad (almost one to one g-tablet, the difference is in the gig operative and the built-in 3G modem).
Is there information on connecting GPS via bluetooth?

I connected via bluetooth to HTC Magic, HTC Tattoo, Acer Liquid a small GPS receiver Globalsat BT-359W - everything works
http://www.globalsat.com.tw/products-page....oduct_cnt_id=23

Requirements:

The setting is simple as banality:
  1. Dig into the instructions and find the access code for the bluetooth connection at the GPS receiver (usually 0000 or 1111)
  2. Turn on the GPS receiver, push it as close as possible to the window))
  3. Turn on bluetooth android devices, find a receiver, make a pair
  4. Enable in the settings of the android-device Settings ->Applications ->Development ->Allow mock location
  5. Launch any of the applications and follow the on-screen instructions.
  6. After some time (depending on the visibility of the satellites and on the “cold start” of a particular receiver), a graph will appear in the application window with the signal level of each satellite
  7. As soon as satellite information is sufficient (speed, altitude will appear), it will be possible to launch maps and other applications that require GPS

Good day!

I'm going to make an order for this tablet.

Tell me how it is for you? How justified hopes? Is it smart? Does the firmware change the problem in the form of a lack of a market, etc.?
in some foreign test, I read that the device was not too bright ... a bunch of minuses were soldered to it. somehow I can not believe ...

And then give links, who bought where and at what price.

Really looking for answers. Thank!.

Rep: (38)
http://www.3dnews.ru/news/video-dnya-obolo...wsonic-g-tablet
Jaguar
Where are you going to order?

You know, like the Mobii Tegra Tablet Android Point of View, I’ll scramble ...

Rep: (38)
Jaguar
Cheaper and more affordable?

Jaguar and what's the point? I read it, I didn’t really understand that there is such a thing in it ... everything also, only Akum is less and the work time will be reduced accordingly.
Cheaper maybe?

Here is the news with the firmware from Notion Adam for the G-Tablet pleased! :) Even more inspiring. I hope next week my device will arrive and I will torment him.

Post has been editedFRANCH_ART - 27.01.11, 14:15

Yes, the prices are almost the same ... it was embarrassing for Vyusonika that it was removed from production ....

Rep: (24)
Jaguar
I have not heard about it, I heard that Viewsonic is going to launch a new tablet for Europe (G tablet is on saleonly in the USA) called Viewpad 10s based on the Advent Vega tablet (and the G tablet, as everyone probably knows, is the Malata Zpad with the Viewsonic logo). I don’t think that the company will stop producing Gtabs altogether, in my opinion it is much more appropriate to withdraw unsold devices for flashing, preferably to a pure android 2.3

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/12/19, 17:01