> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

ViewSonic ViewPad 10 - Discussion | ViewPad 10

Rep: (1094)
DiscussionViewSonic ViewPad 10
Attached ImageViewSonic ViewPad 10
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ

useful links

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedMagnifikus - 15.01.18, 15:44

Rep: (40)
I’m also interested
there is nothing sensible anywhere

Ordered in a connected, should bring on Wednesday, I'll see if I can buy ....

In general, it seems to me that the viewpad 10 should be moved to the computers section. Probably Android 1.6 after 2.1 will be completely off-topic.

It will be interesting to do something more modern on it or it will be a device for testing. Done and forgot ....

Rep: (56)
hmm, in china stores such things cost no more than $ 600

Rep: (5)
The device was very interested, the price was especially surprising! If you take into account that the 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab costs under 40 thousand, then 22 thousand for a 10 inch device in terms of characteristics exceeding the analogue from Samsung and even with Windows on board, this is generally a fairy tale! Who already used write off impressions)

P.S>It seems that nowhere is it said about the 3G modem in the device, but during the review I saw this:

Attached Image

Why, then, the entrance to the SIM card?

Post has been editedMCKool - 28.11.10, 19:34

As far as I understand, the installation of a modem is structurally provided and there is a slot for SIM cards for this, but it is probably not installed.
Since the cost of the device will increase by 100 - 150 dollars.
I hope that it will be possible to reinstall it ...

By the way, I found a user manual. Now read

http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/uk/products/viewpad-10.htm

Post has been editedshgeo - 28.11.10, 19:43

I found a very interesting analogue, and with a 3G module, and much cheaper!

Revosys XRS100

http://tabletszone.ru/8-9-10-inch-umpc/10-...-win7and3g.html

Interesting, the instructions clearly indicate about the 3G modem.

MCKool
about interesting, not so simple ....

Weight 1.5 times more (which in my opinion is quite a lot)
The battery is even less capacious 3000 instead of 3200
Screw not SSD
WiFi does not support "n"
3G - option

Post has been editedshgeo - 28.11.10, 20:38

Rep: (1310)
MCKool @ 11.28.2010, 19:55*
I found a very interesting analogue, and with a 3G module, and much cheaper!

In this section, it is forbidden to discuss devices that are not related to Android OS.

We don’t discuss them) I just brought an alternative to the subject) Since Vin is there and there 7) But still it’s not that

Rep: (13)
Eh, and there would be an android 2.2 or at least 2.1. And what to do with such an old android ??

Rep: (0)
http://androidcommunity.com/viewsonic-view...oming-20101112/
They write that it is already possible to download firmware beta 2.2.

I’m interested in something else: there are mentions in the internet that some Chinese tablets on Android are friends with USB GPRS / EDGE / 3G modems from our operators. I wonder what in the case of Viewpad 10? under Windows, it’s clear that everything should be ok, but under android it’s interesting.

on the viewsonic website (the link gave above) there are drivers for several modems. There, as I understand it, there is a free miniPCI connector.

but you can read about connecting the modem to some MIDs, for example here smartqmid.ru, as far as I have seen, everything is connected quite successfully ...

Post has been editedshgeo - 30.11.10, 11:20

If you buy, you need to hurry, this is an exclusive Svyaznoy and a total of 1,000 copies have been imported! I think to take soon)

P.S. In this video, it is clearly shown that they insert a SIM card, and it is also written that there is 3G! I don’t understand anything at all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2ATsaYen44

P.S.

This device seems to be selling this devicehttp://www.tabletstoreuk.com/winslate-mult...1e9d0fbbd75107e

But for some reason WinSlate is called, and not a word about Androyd! But you can choose the option of 3G module paying extra 50 euros! And in the end, it comes out with a delivery of about 500 euros, which I think is much more profitable than taking from ours!

Post has been editedMCKool - 03.12.10, 07:58

Rep: (6)
yulmart
and they said an exclusive liaison ...
who bought - is there 3G or not? if not, what is the cost of the module \ where to get

Rep: (-1)
In the instructions clearly written WCDMA 3G. That is, not for our networks, and therefore does not work with our SIM cards.

damn, but this is bad ... without 3G, the device loses its mobility (You can of course insert 3G modems from our optosos and I think it will work with Win 7, but hardly with androids (

Here is another review from our Mail.ruhttp://hi-tech.mail.ru/review/misc/ViewSon...v.html#poll_174

And they also have 3G and even claim that it works! Well, where is the truth?

Post has been editedMCKool - 04.12.10, 11:30

In the instructions clearly written WCDMA 3G. That is, not for our networks, and therefore does not work with our SIM cards.

Do not confuse people

WCDMA (Wideband Code Division Multiple Access) is a radio interface technology that uses wideband code division multiple access using two wide 5 MHz radio frequency bands. The term W-CDMA is also used to describe a stand-alone cellular network standard, designed asGSM add-on and operates in the range of 1900-2100 MHz.
WCDMA has been selected by most cellular operators to provide broadband radio access in order to support 3G services.

5 [Strogino] @ 12/04/2010, 15:59*
WCDMA (Engl Wideband Code Division Multiple Access -. Wideband code division multiple access), - the air interface technology that uses wideband code division multiple access channels uses two wide radio frequency band of 5 MHz. W-CDMA, the term is also used to describe the self-standard cellular network, was designed as an add-on GSM and has a range of 1900-2100 MGts.WCDMA chosen by the majority of mobile operators to provide wireless broadband to support 3G services.

I apologize for the inaccuracy I quote literally "3G (UMTS / WCDMA)"

Posted on 12/04/2010, 18:12:

People who have this thing answer whether there is Russification of win and android.

is there gps or not?

is there gps or not?

About GPS, not a word anywhere.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 01/05/20 10:30