ViewSonic ViewPad 7 - Discussion | ViewSonic ViewPad 7

Rep: (70)
DiscussionViewSonic ViewPad 7
Attached ImageViewSonic ViewPad 7
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Useful
Connection
WiFi b or g, GSM 2G or 3G. It can be an access point, allowing you to distribute 3G Internet to 5 devices via WiFi.
No WiFi configuration issues were detected. However, like all Android devices, Ad-Hock connections are not supported (patch possible).
3G also usually does not require settings, however, Beeline for USB modems uses non-standard APN. If the SIM card is taken from a Beeline modem, you need to edit the APN.
Adhoc connection. Directly to the computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, for Win7 the actions are similar.

Job
There is a pre-installed Docunents To Go, a standard email client allows you to tolerably use mail on the way. A menagerie of browsers is available. Flash support not. Terminals, command line, for example, ConnectBot, graphic - TeamViewr, the rest have problems with switching the keyboard language.

Navigation
Almost all navigation programs for Android are launched, but be prepared that some of them can gobble up all the internal memory.
Skin for Navitel 5.0.3.70 from Dragg

Entertainment - Games
The device is universal, not PSP! therefore, saw the announcement of a beautiful, 3-dimensional dynamic toy, do not rush to buy it. Some games are going well, some are just wonderful, some are starting, but you need to dance a tambourine dance and choose the right version of the game and the right cache to enjoy the game. Some do not start at all.
Here is a link tolist of games that go well on ViewPad 7
Still smalladdition
Star legends
Couple of games
Three games

Entertainment - Movies
The device is universal. The processor manages to decode the films, but does not manage to throw the stream onto such a large screen. However, ViewSonic engineers found a solution. Good, bad, but working. On board is a hardware video decoder. The decoder supports MPEG4 Video (H264) 720x400 25.00fps and AAC 44100Hz stereo 1411Kbps [Audio]. Everything else can be ATTEMPT to look through software players, however, most likely nothing will turn out.
Programs that can be converted
Format Factory
Total video converter
aEncoder
Freemake video converter
PocketDivXEncoder
More conversion settings options
Step-by-step instructions for setting up AVS Video Converter + volume up
Another step-by-step instruction
Free Video to Android Converter already has sharpening for ViewPad 7
Converted video not only allows you to comfortably watch a movie without jerking and delays, but also get a size less than 4 GB, and watching a movie with a hardware decoder allows you to view a couple of pieces on a single battery charge. And software decoding will consume the battery in one movie.
Have you tried all the options, and still have problems? Perhaps it will help youthis information.

Hardware issues
Disassembly
Understands quite difficult. Think a few times before disassembling!
Here is a description of the disassembly process + photo from the inside
Reboot
If the tablet freezes during operation and does not respond to the buttons, then you can take a paper clip or needle and press the reset button through the hole.
If the tablet does not load, a hard reset may help. Hard rezet is done from recovery mode (on the switched off device, hold down both volume buttons and press the power button), a full reset will occur andall user information and files will be deleted . The device will become naked as from a store.
Manufacturing defects . Only one thing was noticed - spontaneous operation of the touch keys. It is treated by contacting the service, or by exchange with the seller. According to rumors, to prevent re-manifestation (and for prevention), you can turn off the vibration feedback.
If there is a root, then the problemmenu button operation can be solved programmatically. Instructions here .
Charging. If you look closely at the regular charge, then it uses an expanded version of mini USB, not 5 contacts, as usual, but 10. There must be 2 conditions for a quick charge of the tablet.
  1. The maximum current issued by the charger must be at least 1 ampere
  2. The mini USB cable through which it is charging must have 10 connectors

Failure to fulfill one of these conditions dramatically increases the charging time or even allows you to only slow down the discharge.
My experience has shown that when using a tablet in a car only as a navigator, without a registrar, a sufficiently powerful charger and an ordinary cord. The tablet does not discharge below 50%, but usually charges up to 100. Dradd went the other way and made a universal device from a USB cable and a standard charger.Read here. Well, the most radical option is a car inverter.
For those who are friends with a soldering iron -what and how to solder in the connector.

USB host
mini USB port of our animal supports OTG function, which loosely translated means the USB On-The-Go Host or Russian, etc., switching in host mode on the control terminal. If you examine the pinout connector, between pins 3 and 4 there is another 5-s touch X, it allows a USB device to understand what mode it work. Drive port in the host mode can be hooked contact 4 and contact X, that is, by closing it on the ground. As in nature, there are adapters factory, we should look at this word perhodnike OTG, or On-The-Go. Through this adapter you can connect a mouse, claves or USB drive (if the power is enough). The disc must be in FAT32, NTFS that would connect will have to sweat. Attached disk will have to go somewhere in the mnt / media / disk

Out of internal memory.
1. Delete all unnecessary.
2. Transfer everything you need and what is possible to the SD card: Go to application management, then poke third-party applications and see if the button is active to transfer to SD, if it is active, then click it.
3. All deleted, all that could be transferred, still not enough. Then we stock up with patience, a shamanic tambourine, garlic and other attributes of the wizard. To transfer almost any program to the SD card, third-party programs are used, for example, A2SD +. However, to use it, you need to prepare an SD card.Here is a description of one way. I advise you to take a card no lower than 6th grade. Well, do not be surprised if, when pulling out a card, the system is, let's say, inoperative.
Here is another link to detailed instructions for transferring programs to an SD cardLink2SD increase internal memory
And here’s another radical way to add internal memory:
Do not forget thatfear and risk nobody canceled!
ViewSonic ViewPad 7 - Discussion (Post # 17415210)

How to use
I collected links to the success story of the use of our animal. The first links contain complaints about the price, do not pay attention, it was a long time ago.
Peregrin First Impression
DremPSB
Peregrin
Smartcube
Varios
reanimatologist dvr
sidoy2271
tww173
Bluebird
reanimatologist trip report
vanek13
tosic
mac1977
PS
If you missed something, throw a link, add

Useful programs and widgets
A warning! Do not rush to put all the programs in a row. Perhaps not all of the above is for you. And they will occupy a place.
Please send in your personal lists your must have. I will complement.
Games
We read the section of the game in the header.
File managers
ES Explorer - can watch files on the SD card and in the tablet’s memory, share files with Windows, FTP client
Process managers
Advanced Task Killer - allows you to unload all loaded tasks in 1-2 clicks, while not unloading what should be launched.
Reading
FBReader - reads books in fb format, which is quite common for Russian-language books.
CoolReader - many people like it more than FBReader.
Communication
Yandex Maps - Moscow provides fairly truthful information, although the routes are often funny. For Beeline and Megafon subscribers it is free to use.
Video
Rock Player - has a good software decoder.

PS
programs from the stock firmware did not indicate.

Decorators

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedMagnifikus - 15.01.18, 16:04

Rep: (8)
People!! prompt normal, fast program for the envelope the video on this tablet !?

Rep: (63)
E.X.C.I.T.E.R,
Free Avc-free or paid MOVAVI have more options, but IMHO the two most convenient.

Rep: (29)
Tablet - it's good. 7 inches - the optimum size for reading, carrying, navigation.
Viewsonic tablet - not the best option.
The process is rather weak (swipe and some games sometimes hamper. Videos must be converted). Memory for installing applications is small (I bet not all that I wanted, and it has already come to an end. The chamber generally no (I realize that it is not necessary, but if you bet, bet the normal). Multi clumsy (like on HTC Hero) . When editing text, you can get cranky.
Of the benefits - battery. day lives stable at ruthless testing.

Conclusion.
Device exclusively for reading books and surfing the Internet (without flash). When using such a battery should last for 10 hours.

Forward to next year and the new 7-inch announcements. Or reduce the cost to the Table (although judging by the reviews apparatus is also not ah!). This ruthlessly selling thousands of 12. Uchitavaya that previously sold the Hero, will stay at his, but I'll know what to look for when buying. So purchase no regrets.

Shl.
Post written with him, so if any fingerprints or something, that much or berate yourself.

Rep: (3)
Memory for applications is small-170 MB (the ability to really do not vyusonik and Spica but the same) number of progressive, two navigation programs, and all the screams that there is no memory. Skype works well, though sometimes hangs when exiting sleep mode. Sip telephony works fine. Compare with the hero .... the situation is difficult ... navigation works well, you can simultaneously run 2 prog-navigon and Aygo, but if you want more and Yandex traffic jams with guglnavigatsiey. RAM 100-200 MB free !!! under normal load, so probably not slow. Faced with problemkoy-than charge it in the car?!. need gas tube device actually at 2 amps, find a while I could not. on which it is written that the 2A in reality no more than half, and only charge the tablet in sleep mode. Can anyone tell me anything? yes I have included was at 750. In general, if you decide on a specific range of tasks that use a tablet, the many requirements that instance is responsible, but certainly not all ...

People!! I advise, want to make a ball from a computer on board the means by which this is possible (bend etc.)?

p.s or this stupid idea, the movie will slow down?

E.X.C.I.T.E.R,

will slow, IMHO.

Post has been editedPeregrin - 19.12.10, 23:54

Peregrin @ 19.12.2010, 23:52*
will slow, IMHO.

but would like to try and learn. ;)

Rep: (16)
E.X.C.I.T.E.R We thee to be a router (WiFi), and then the tablet PC on the same network. Zahodish EU-conductor LAN search, it displays the IP computer well and zahodish (pre share files) ...

necto68 @ 20.12.2010, 13:16*
We thee to be a router (WiFi), and then the tablet PC on the same network. Zahodish EU-conductor LAN search, it displays the IP computer well and zahodish (pre share files) ...

and so it did, the music produces immediately, but the odd movie or writes an error, suspect may be a need to spec. network player for this !?

and why the topic covered?

Rep: (1094)
E.X.C.I.T.E.R @ 21.12.2010, 11:15*
and why the topic covered?

If it was closed, then there would not be who could not write.

junoreaktor @ 21.12.2010, 11:58*
If it was closed, then there would not be who could not write.

last night, actually it was closed. (Was "Locked")

Rep: (11)
actually it was closed yesterday too pottverzhdayu;)

Rep: (3)
It was another theme of this device, and it was closed, could mistake it for a short time and close.
People! who has what Auto Chargers included are ?? how many amps and really charge if the device in operation? for example in navigation mode with a working screen is charging or not?

Post has been editedinn555 - 21.12.10, 22:49

Rep: (4)
The owners, a question for you: video (standard DVD rips interest of 1.37 GB) does not go, or slow down?
In general, this is the only thing that confuses me in it ...

inn555,

I charge remained on the NTS. The battery sits rather slower than charging :)
But from the network in 3 hours 100%. Today, the unit spent 12 h (without any charge). Games, Internet, navigation.

trojan_downloader,

Pulls avi'shki 1.9 GB. Video number almost does not slow down, but there is no sound. MP4 without problems.
Plainly video is not yet understood. For me it is more luxury than necessity.
Although what it must be converted, a little annoying.

Shl.
Holders who have done something to him, Ruth?

Post has been editedPeregrin - 22.12.10, 00:07

trojan_downloader @ 21.12.2010, 22:51*
The owners, a question for you: video (standard DVD rips interest of 1.37 GB) does not go, or slow down?
In general, this is the only thing that confuses me in it ...

We went with the brakes on Roketpleer, saving only the envelope.

p.s took a stylus (Nokia su-36) normal flight. tired to wipe the screen. : D

Constantly runs out of memory! And this with the surf in the internet. Apparently the entire cache is stored in the internal memory, which is already with gulkin nose. As I will not put mind to fight ... Maybe try an alternative browser? But it seems like a standard suit always ... I'm sad ... just decided that he could not sell the device, because all the basic requirements are met, and now this. Interestingly, at the Taba people faced with such problems?

Rep: (4)
In short, the tablet - is not an option

Rep: (7)
Peregrin,
I have already spoken at the beginning of the theme of the ViewPad 7, was charged for the purchase of the tablet, and tried to find a worthy competitor Taboo. He waved his hand and took the Tab ... euphoria, euphoria ... just barely out of the hands releasing ..) is better than I expected. I took a gray 28, Wait looked a market, there he is already almost 23 goes ... what could be the alternative ??

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 15/02/20, 15:14