> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

ViewSonic ViewPad 7 - Discussion | ViewSonic ViewPad 7

Rep: (70)
DiscussionViewSonic ViewPad 7
Attached ImageViewSonic ViewPad 7
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Useful
Connection
WiFi b or g, GSM 2G or 3G. It can be an access point, allowing you to distribute 3G Internet to 5 devices via WiFi.
No WiFi configuration issues were detected. However, like all Android devices, Ad-Hock connections are not supported (patch possible).
3G also usually does not require settings, however, Beeline for USB modems uses non-standard APN. If the SIM card is taken from a Beeline modem, you need to edit the APN.
Adhoc connection. Directly to the computer.
Instructions for Windows XP, for Win7 the actions are similar.

Job
There is a pre-installed Docunents To Go, a standard email client allows you to tolerably use mail on the way. A menagerie of browsers is available. Flash support not. Terminals, command line, for example, ConnectBot, graphic - TeamViewr, the rest have problems with switching the keyboard language.

Navigation
Almost all navigation programs for Android are launched, but be prepared that some of them can gobble up all the internal memory.
Skin for Navitel 5.0.3.70 from Dragg

Entertainment - Games
The device is universal, not PSP! therefore, saw the announcement of a beautiful, 3-dimensional dynamic toy, do not rush to buy it. Some games are going well, some are just wonderful, some are starting, but you need to dance a tambourine dance and choose the right version of the game and the right cache to enjoy the game. Some do not start at all.
Here is a link tolist of games that go well on ViewPad 7
Still smalladdition
Star legends
Couple of games
Three games

Entertainment - Movies
The device is universal. The processor manages to decode the films, but does not manage to throw the stream onto such a large screen. However, ViewSonic engineers found a solution. Good, bad, but working. On board is a hardware video decoder. The decoder supports MPEG4 Video (H264) 720x400 25.00fps and AAC 44100Hz stereo 1411Kbps [Audio]. Everything else can be ATTEMPT to look through software players, however, most likely nothing will turn out.
Programs that can be converted
Format Factory
Total video converter
aEncoder
Freemake video converter
PocketDivXEncoder
More conversion settings options
Step-by-step instructions for setting up AVS Video Converter + volume up
Another step-by-step instruction
Free Video to Android Converter already has sharpening for ViewPad 7
Converted video not only allows you to comfortably watch a movie without jerking and delays, but also get a size less than 4 GB, and watching a movie with a hardware decoder allows you to view a couple of pieces on a single battery charge. And software decoding will consume the battery in one movie.
Have you tried all the options, and still have problems? Perhaps it will help youthis information.

Hardware issues
Disassembly
Understands quite difficult. Think a few times before disassembling!
Here is a description of the disassembly process + photo from the inside
Reboot
If the tablet freezes during operation and does not respond to the buttons, then you can take a paper clip or needle and press the reset button through the hole.
If the tablet does not load, a hard reset may help. Hard rezet is done from recovery mode (on the switched off device, hold down both volume buttons and press the power button), a full reset will occur andall user information and files will be deleted . The device will become naked as from a store.
Manufacturing defects . Only one thing was noticed - spontaneous operation of the touch keys. It is treated by contacting the service, or by exchange with the seller. According to rumors, to prevent re-manifestation (and for prevention), you can turn off the vibration feedback.
If there is a root, then the problemmenu button operation can be solved programmatically. Instructions here .
Charging. If you look closely at the regular charge, then it uses an expanded version of mini USB, not 5 contacts, as usual, but 10. There must be 2 conditions for a quick charge of the tablet.
  1. The maximum current issued by the charger must be at least 1 ampere
  2. The mini USB cable through which it is charging must have 10 connectors

Failure to fulfill one of these conditions dramatically increases the charging time or even allows you to only slow down the discharge.
My experience has shown that when using a tablet in a car only as a navigator, without a registrar, a sufficiently powerful charger and an ordinary cord. The tablet does not discharge below 50%, but usually charges up to 100. Dradd went the other way and made a universal device from a USB cable and a standard charger.Read here. Well, the most radical option is a car inverter.
For those who are friends with a soldering iron -what and how to solder in the connector.

USB host
The mini USB connector of our animal supports the OTG function, which in a free translation means USB On-The-Go Host or in Russian, switching to the host mode by the control contact. If you study the pinout of the connector, then between pins 3 and 4 there is another, 5th pin, X, it is he who allows the USB device to understand in which mode it works. You can drive the port into host mode by closing pin 4 and pin X, that is, by shorting it to ground. Also in nature, there are factory adapters, you need to look for the words OTG or On-The-Go on such an adapter. Through such an adapter, you can connect a mouse, keyboard or USB drive (if there is enough power). The drive must be in FAT32, to connect NTFS will have to sweat. You will need to look for the mapped drive somewhere in mnt / media / disk

Out of internal memory.
1. Delete all unnecessary.
2. Transfer everything you need and what is possible to the SD card: Go to application management, then poke third-party applications and see if the button is active to transfer to SD, if it is active, then click it.
3. All deleted, all that could be transferred, still not enough. Then we stock up with patience, a shamanic tambourine, garlic and other attributes of the wizard. To transfer almost any program to the SD card, third-party programs are used, for example, A2SD +. However, to use it, you need to prepare an SD card.Here is a description of one way. I advise you to take a card no lower than 6th grade. Well, do not be surprised if, when pulling out a card, the system is, let's say, inoperative.
Here is another link to detailed instructions for transferring programs to an SD cardLink2SD increase internal memory
And here’s another radical way to add internal memory:
Do not forget thatfear and risk nobody canceled!
ViewSonic ViewPad 7 - Discussion (Post # 17415210)

How to use
I collected links to the success story of the use of our animal. The first links contain complaints about the price, do not pay attention, it was a long time ago.
Peregrin First Impression
DremPSB
Peregrin
Smartcube
Varios
reanimatologist dvr
sidoy2271
tww173
Bluebird
reanimatologist trip report
vanek13
tosic
mac1977
PS
If you missed something, throw a link, add

Useful programs and widgets
A warning! Do not rush to put all the programs in a row. Perhaps not all of the above is for you. And they will occupy a place.
Please send in your personal lists your must have. I will complement.
Games
We read the section of the game in the header.
File managers
ES Explorer - can watch files on the SD card and in the tablet’s memory, share files with Windows, FTP client
Process managers
Advanced Task Killer - allows you to unload all loaded tasks in 1-2 clicks, while not unloading what should be launched.
Reading
FBReader - reads books in fb format, which is quite common for Russian-language books.
CoolReader - many people like it more than FBReader.
Communication
Yandex Maps - Moscow provides fairly truthful information, although the routes are often funny. For Beeline and Megafon subscribers it is free to use.
Video
Rock Player - has a good software decoder.

PS
programs from the stock firmware did not indicate.

Decorators

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedMagnifikus - 15.01.18, 16:04

Rep: (1)
What, will I really be the first?
I bought today a viewpad 7 in MTS. 2 hours set up. (I have a Desire phone since May of this year - so everything was familiar). No writing in detail (late), briefly first impressions
1. Design - at 5. Pick up is very nice
2. Quality of materials - by 5 with a minus
2. Build quality - four. In one corner, it creaks a little when pressed.
3. The speed is decent. In no application (games I have not tried yet) no brakes compared to the same Desire
4. The screen is not impressive in quality, to put it mildly, after with AMOLED / Desire with the same resolution. And the iPad is very, very far both in terms of screen quality and finger response.
5. Built-in keyboard - horror.

From what to figure out
How to change the keyboard to HTC IME - I installed it, activated it in the language settings, and how to actually switch to it is not clear
On the main screen (screens), the auto-rotate screen does not work. In all other screens of both the android (for example, settings), and in all applications - auto-rotation works
I really don't like the font, how to change it - until I figured it out
There is a feeling that despite the same resolution with my Desire, the proportions are slightly distorted on ViewSonic in applications. In the landscape, it slightly stretches horizontally, in the portrait - on the contrary, it narrows.

In general, the first impression is rather positive.

p.s. If anyone has specific questions (for example, before buying) - I will answer with pleasure. There is no time for the big report in the foreseeable future.

Post has been editedvladstr - 15.12.10, 02:16

Rep: (7)
Congratulations on your purchase! I myself am tormented by the choice of a tablet, more than 7 inches is not needed. This is a good alternative to Samsung Tab, but Samsung is still inadequate for the price. The main question is the display, or rather its resolution, how is it with pixels, it hurts your eyes a lot?) And is there enough processor? Navitel, will it be easy to interse? By the way, from the description, I realized that he has a GPS module, has not been tested yet? Pulls without a SIM card and WIFI? Well, just in case, apparently there is no digital compass in it?)

Rep: (0)
I join in the congratulations!) I myself will buy this week. For a long time I was tormented by the choice between Kuyavai and this, I decided to stay on Sonic) bribed the axis and appearance. Performance is the most exciting thing! Well, the rest is a very cool model.
Well and most importantly, the question!) Is it true there is a naked android? Without manufacturer and MTS add-ons?
FORGET ANOTHER QUESTION !!! Is it possible to connect a flash drive for example or another USB device ???

Post has been editedMSD1990 - 15.12.10, 10:21

Also tormented with a choice. Yesterday I saw the crooked work of the multitouch on the Huawei and now I am leaning towards Wysonik (... or Samsung :)).
Most concerned about the screen and ease of reading pdf books. Can you describe the device in more detail? Thank.

Rep: (1305)
I, as always, have a standard request to the owners of the device, lay out the info
How much memory is in your machine?
Benchmark

this will help future owners understand what to count on when buying.

Rep: (608)
I really don't like the font, how to change it - until I figured it out

settings>display>font style

PS: updated the topic of the purchase)

Congratulations on your purchase! I myself am tormented by the choice of a tablet, more than 7 inches is not needed. This is a good alternative to Samsung Tab, but Samsung is still inadequate for the price. The main question is the display, or rather its resolution, how is it with pixels, it hurts your eyes a lot?) And is there enough processor? Navitel, will it be easy to interse? By the way, from the description, I realized that he has a GPS module, has not been tested yet? Pulls without a SIM card and WIFI? Well, just in case, apparently there is no digital compass in it?)

The resolution is 800x480, the same as in my HTC Desire. Pixels can be seen. The screen quality is not very good (if you compare with Desire's AMOLED or Apple iPad, for example). Well, if you compare with Acer netbook - then the screen quality is about the same.
I don’t like the native font, maybe if I change it, then cutting my eyes will be wrong.
The processor, it seems, is enough, there are no obvious brakes. GPS works, of course. A compass is also available

MSD1990 @ 12.15.2010, 10:02*
I join in the congratulations!) I myself will buy this week. For a long time I was tormented by the choice between Kuyavai and this, I decided to stay on Sonic) bribed the axis and appearance. Performance is the most exciting thing! Well, the rest is a very cool model.
Well and most importantly, the question!) Is it true there is a naked android? Without manufacturer and MTS add-ons?

Yes, the android is completely naked. ViewSonic settings are only available with a small number of pre-installed programs. For example, a keyboard, a reader for books, maybe a couple more unnecessary.

Yes, by the way, here's something else I noticed. Despite the fact that the resolution is the same as in Desire, I noticed that (apparently due to a different aspect ratio) in ViewPad, the circle in landscape mode stretches a little in width, and in portrait mode, on the contrary, narrows.
This is somewhat annoying.
As well as the fact that auto-rotation of the title screens does not work (apparently a feature of the native Android launcher). All applications are perfectly auto-rotate, and internal pages (for example, android settings pages) rotate perfectly, but the main screen doesn’t.

Another of the minuses - I still did not understand how to replace the built-in keyboard. I downloaded HTC_IME for Froyo, but when I select it as an input method, it does not appear. I will still experiment. The built-in keyboard is just awful.

Posted on 12/15/2010, 19:08:

settings>display>font style

There is no such setting.

Rep: (7)
Crushed it in his hands today. I did not buy. The general impression is this: I liked the look, just well done, in this regard, perhaps the best. The assembly is also no complaints. Android naked, no additional shells. But the display, of course, is the past. All the same, it hurts my eyes .. mother of him ..) It's just a pity that the display could not be crammed into such a case more modernly. Well, they would have thrown another thousand 4, I would have taken it with pleasure. But for this 19 pieces, like a bit too much. Some kind of stillborn device turned out ... but this is purely my opinion!

Of the pluses - the battery holds very well. Apparently its volume and not the most powerful processor affect it.
Today I took it out of charge at 9 am, all day almost constantly twisted it, turned it, examined applications, I and colleagues, now the charge level is 54%
I know from experience that with the same use, HTC Desire would have sat down almost to zero

Posted on 12/15/2010, 19:14:

Crushed it in his hands today. I did not buy. The general impression is this: I liked the look, just well done, in this regard, perhaps the best. The assembly is also no complaints. Android naked, no additional shells. But the display, of course, is the past. All the same, it hurts my eyes .. mother of him ..) It's just a pity that the display could not be crammed into such a case more modernly. Well, they would have thrown another thousand 4, I would have taken it with pleasure. But for this 19 pieces, like a bit too much. Some kind of stillborn device turned out ... but this is purely my opinion!

I will subscribe, everything is fine on the hardware, Android is "finished" for itself without problems, soon assemblies 2.3 will probably appear ... But you can’t upgrade the display. And precisely because of this, now I think I can hand it back and buy an iPad anyway.

Rep: (3)
The device, in its unique way, is one of the few tablets in which there is an "fs", the screen is certainly not a fountain, but otherwise it can work perfectly in all tasks that (for example) we are trying to stuff into a communicator, both navigation and traffic jams and instant messengers and a mobile Internet and music and so on ...

Where can I mash it? Does the samsung tab have a better display or the same quality?

I bought it yesterday at the MTS salon in Mega-Belaya Dacha.

Of Androids, Hero used to be, now Desire.
As for the screen: after Desire it seems dull and grainy, but in fact it is quite normal - it looks like the screens of modern inexpensive laptops. The response is worse than Desire and especially the iPad, but much better than resistive (I compare it with the RoverPad and the ASUS EEET101MT netbook tablet, which I also used).

The Android is completely naked, not counting a couple of additional programs (by the way, there is a full version of DocsToGo, which is nice).

There are no particular complaints about the speed, the browser on complex pages, of course, slows down, the smoothness of the zoom also leaves much to be desired (multi-touch, by the way, works quite well). I have not tried the video yet. Of the games, I have tried so far only Angry Birds, no brakes.

Tactilely very nice device, so heavy, monolithic. Nothing creaks and does not bend. The kit comes with a cool cover-cover, with an elastic band, so that it does not open apparently. :) The case can transform into a stand, just like a native Apple iPad case.

It is interesting that FOXCONN produces it - it is written on the box. Which, among other things, also makes iPads for Apple, if someone does not know. :)

Rep: (16)
Questions ...
1-Does FLASH 10.1 play on the same contacts?
2 which flash drives reads (FAT, NTFS, 16GB)?
3-Does * .mkv play?
4-how is determined on the PC?

Rep: (29)
Now I almost bought it.
First impressions are very positive. It is well assembled, the screen is not bad (not Amoled of course, but overall decent).
It stopped only that the device was out of the box and nothing was installed on it. I would like to look at the speed of work when playing video, with games and the internet.
Also an important question was asked by necto68 about FLASH 10.1.
And further. Who-thread tested the GPS? How is he at work?

And a small fly in the ointment. The start screen is only horizontal. A trifle, but somehow not neatly.

Significance like this:
1) FLASH does not play. Absolutely. The picture shows, but the video itself does not play.
2) a 16 GB flash drive reads without problems (Sandisk)
3) .mkv plays (you need to install RockPlayer), but - the brakes .... DVD - Rips (avi) also slow down, though less. MP4 plays well, even with a high bitrate. Conclusion - the video needs to be converted.
4) is defined as a flash drive.

Rep: (84)
Just find a replacement Galaxy Taboo ...
It turned out to be sad with a flash, the only question is, what prevents it from playing, hard or software?

Rep: (16)
nattefrost Navitel did not install? or give a link http: //savagemessiahzine.com.info / news / 18297 / just take Navitel 3.5.0.165, you will find maps here ...

Post has been editednecto68 - 17.12.10, 01:07

Rep: (8)
Also bought yesterday (if anyone is interested. M. University Center TC.Kapitoly)

I join all of the above. Rips do not pull, which is a pity (you have to convert)
While I understand. : yes2:

Rep: (29)
necto68, Navitel is working.

Of the minuses:
- I began to miss the trackball.
- Sometimes annoying horizontal position on the "home" screen. I tried to install LauncherPro, it becomes even more clumsy ... I will think.
- Permission. In the upright position, everything looks elongated.

Of the benefits:
- Indeed, everything works smartly. It does not fly, but smartly.
- Price. I don’t know any analogues for such money (I’m not saying that they don’t exist, I just don’t know about them).

Post has been editedPeregrin - 17.12.10, 16:02

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/04/19, 10:21