> Attention!

In topics with collections of skins questions and discussions are prohibited! Please read the topic headings carefully.

Ornaments for AlReader2 | Textures, backgrounds, profiles, etc.

Rep: (1890)
This topic only discusses skins forAlReader2
Questions about the work of the program ask here:AlReader2, discussion of the second version of the program

Theme rules:
  • Offtopic and other violations of the rules are prohibited and punishable;
  • We thank the authors for raising their reputation.
Notes:
  • The reputation of other participants can be influenced by any user who has collected 15 useful posts. If you can’t do it yourself, use the "Complaint" button and tell the moderator who you want to change your reputation.
[size = 2]Additional links: All questions about installing additional skins are very well reflected in the help'e to the program: Attached fileAlReader_Help.zip (602.05 KB)

Mini F.A.Q. on installation (we say thanksSummoner):
Q: How to set the background?
A: Copy the background file to the folder Program Files \ NeverLand \ AlReader2
Launch Alreader - Profile - Indents and Background - Wallpaper

Q: How to apply a theme in * .alp format to change the background and other settings?
A: Copy the theme file to the folder My Documents \ AlReader2
Launch Alreader - Profile - Download - Select the desired theme and specify the settings that we want to apply from this theme.

Detailed FAQ on the program (thank olimo )

Skins Listopad This topic is not and is not expected! The answer to all those suffering: Ornaments for AlReader2 (Post # 4669050)

Post has been editedromanmaks - 25.09.10, 23:21

Rep: (308)
Due to the fact that the reading programAlReader2has the ability to maintain backgrounds create a separate branch.

There were suggestions to make a splash screen for the program like this:

[attachment = "66531: img-1725320-L1.jpeg"]

[attachment = "66532: img-1725420-L2.jpeg"]

The reading process looks something like this:

[attachment = "66533: img-1725520-L3.jpeg"]

[attachment = "66534: img-1725620-L4.jpeg"]

Attached files

Attached fileTest_Text.rar(393.01 KB)

Post has been editeddboris - 12.04.08, 14:11

Rep: (38)
with "curls" I did not like.

I will spread without them:

Attached files

Attached fileFon240_320.zip(5.98 KB)

like the most simpotically light backgrounds

Attached files

Attached file240_320.zip(71.46 KB)

Rep: (2075)
Harvester
It makes sense to make uniform (without textures) background pictures, if you can just set the exact same background in the color settings?

CatAlex @ 09/17/06 09:11:15
Harvester
It makes sense to make uniform (without textures) background pictures, if you can just set the exact same background in the color settings?

So the color change in the "one" action without the use of profiles. : rolleyes:
Those. “Super-correct meaning” - no
I just cut those backgrounds that are at least pleasant to me.

over time, it will gather Total-Total.
and it will be possible to make a general GOLD (a la) selection of fonts + background + ...

So as not to overcompress:

Attached files

Attached filebmp.zip(65.26 KB)

Post has been editedHarvester - 17.09.06, 19:41

Avalon, 09/17/06 09:57:13
Guys, the question is the following, but will textures appear for VGA screens ???

I got the impression that any size background will be full screen.

therefore, the "resolution" of the picture:
100*100
320*240
640*480
- never mind.

Rep: (2075)
Harvester
Oh yes. If you switch the background without a profile, then yes. )))

But the picture "with monograms" should, in theory, not be 320x340, but 320x320, so that when you rotate the screen it does not "multiply."

Rep: (6)
Here is another background.

Attached files

Attached fileblack.zip(69.9 KB)

Probably worth doing backgrounds separately in two ways:

1) Non-texture backgrounds + simple textures (and make them small squares 50 * 50 for example, so that the reader’s folder does not swell much in meters)

2) complex textural (with curls and pictures) and then already spread immediately in 4 (?) Different versions:
A) 320 * 240
B) 320 * 240 (rotated 90 ’)
C) 640 * 480
D) 640 * 480 (rotated 90 ’)

Post has been editedHarvester - 17.09.06, 21:48

Rep: (165)
Harvester, 09/17/06 23:46:43
A) 320 * 240
B) 320 * 240 (rotated 90 ’)
C) 640 * 480
D) 640 * 480 (rotated 90 ’)

Yeah, and also for full-screen / easy mode, for an open keyboard, for square screens, for smartphones ...
No, this is not the case, you need some kind of intellectual scaling, otherwise all memory will be spent on trinkets, really.

I suggested one of the options on the Alrider forum - scaling across 9 zones. Let's see what Alan says.

CatAlex @ 09/17/06 10:19:22
Harvester

But the picture "with monograms" should, in theory, not be 320x340, but 320x320, so that when you rotate the screen it does not "multiply."

: P
everything drove in.

redone option:

It is probably worth doing the backgrounds separately in two ways:

1) Non-texture backgrounds + simple textures (and make them small squares 50 * 50 for example, so that the reader’s folder does not swell much in meters)

2) complex texture (with curlicues on the sides) and then already lay out immediately in 2 different versions:
a) 320 * 320
b) 640 * 640

KoT, 09/17/06 10:21:15 PM
Harvester ,

Is there a redone option?

wait with options.
while it is really not clear in what form it is better to display the background in the reader.

http://www.alreader.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1285#1285

Rep: (0)
Here. Made myself backgrounds. IMHO very nice. Look, how?

Attached files

Attached fileWinrar_archive.rar(772.22 KB)

Rep: (707)
It also seems to me that it reads better on a "dull" texture. Not distracting.
And for fans of smooth scrolling, in general, pictures are not acceptable.
For example, here, for lovers of dark backgrounds.

Attached Image

Attached files

Attached fileB_Paper.bmp(27.05 KB)

Post has been editedBedmit - 25.09.06, 23:46

Rep: (12)
Made a background in the form of a book
640x480
Picture
only it is necessary to configure indents.

Attached files

Attached filebook.zip(591.68 KB)

Post has been editedlehasever - 25.09.06, 20:45

Rep: (308)
I played with the backgrounds and threw it - on VGA the textures merge into a single color basis - I just picked up what I needed with color - it works faster and takes up less memory!

With all due respect tonik-0 I can not agree with him (the machine is the same). And with the textures is normal, and what the background affects the speed, I do not understand.
And you wonder about the futility of textural background. I am not an ophthalmologist and clear arguments can not lead, but then I read an article on the criteria for the selection of foreground and background colors (though the monitor rather than on the PDA) for an optimal view. Unfortunately I find an article or how I can not, but in general the recommendations there were: at very low and bright ambient light to use "vyvorotki" (dark background, light symbols) at normal soft light background and contrasting to the background characters with different widths between them . Background in both cases be inhomogeneous, with small repetitive structure. For each optimum ratio individually, but it is nice, that is, comfortable to the eye and will cause the least fatigue for prolonged reading.
By the way, it was for this reason that I switched from iSilo to uBook. But since got used to a smooth autoscroll, I had to go back. And now, about happiness, thanks to the author of the subject, I have both a textural background and a smooth human scroll, not to mention other goodies. : yahoo:
And further. When playing with the backgrounds, I realized that the visual effect of the textures is completely different with the usual paging with the joystick and with the auto-scroll (namely smooth). Those. only with autoscrolling is the effect achieved that the text is actually printed on paper, wood, fabric, etc. In statics, this is not achieved IMHO. However, this does not change the usefulness of the texture background for the eyes. But apparently, due to the unpopularity of a smooth autoscroll, not everyone can appreciate the full charm of a heterogeneous background. : cry:
For connoisseurs I offer more than 100 blanks.

Attached files

Attached filetextures_Al.rar(4.27 MB)

Same thing, but in jpg for ease.

Attached files

Attached filetextures.rar(794.86 KB)

In the form of a page of a book (640x480)
(indentation should be set to the maximum and the size of the status bar should be adjusted)

Picture

Attached files

Attached filebook.zip(624.59 KB)

Post has been editedlehasever - 30.10.06, 17:39

CatAlex really. Replaced the file.
Picture

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 08/07/20, 7:17