Samsung NP-N210, modification JP01 - Discussion | [Notebook]

Rep: (17)
Well, I bought a couple of days ago this handsome. Exact coding of the model NP-N210-JP01UA. Therefore, I conceive a new topic as there are a lot of questions on the device.

What can be sent to the furnace from the standard software to make the baby faster:
This is my IMHO, but can someone come in handy. These are the programs that can be removed without losing the necessary functionality to clean the disk and free up valuable RAM. Personally, I removed all this in order to speed up the N210 for myself and not lose such specific features of the device as volume control, brightness via Fn, etc.
  • Norton AntiVirus + Internet Security - This is immediately in the furnace. 60 day trial versions to the same.
  • Failsafe setup - just through the Control Panel is not deleted. You must first of the properties of the shortcut on the desktop go to the program folder and remove the entire folder Phoenix Tecnologies, and then delete the shortcut on the desktop and similarly in the Start menu.
  • Game Pack - All additional games from the company Oberon delete. As for me, this is bullshit, and besides, all of these are trial versions.
  • AnyPC - as far as I understood, something like remote control of a computer as TeamViewer, but somehow it’s too twisted. Remove this miracle from Doctorsoft. Moreover, the process that was sitting in his memory and ate her precious one goes with him. If anything, we can use it as a replacement for TeamViewer.
  • Windows Live + all its kindred . Well, you tell me, you use it. So otozh ... And I do not. Therefore, sweep. There are several entries in the "Remove Programs" applet that relate to M $ Live (synchronization, login helper - all with the substring "Windows Live"). Uninstall this entire farm.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 16.08.18, 10:27
Reason for editing: marker

From brief characteristics: RAM-1Gb, HDD-160Gb. And this is a possible problem.

First, about the disk. Immediately I will honestly tell everyone else, so that they do not think that all 160 Gig will be in possession minus the system. When shipped from factory to HDD, there is the first hidden section in which the full image of the factory system sits in case of full recovery and return to the point of purchase. This mode is initiated by F4 when booting, although the instructions describe this clumsily - it is not specifically stated that the entire system will be restored.
Plus, there is still a special section without an assigned letter on 100MB that Win7 creates during installation - standard fool protection, there are all the main download files.
To summarize, the real free space on the C: drive (I didn’t break into C: and D :) approximately 111 GB at the start.

The second. RAM. Until now, I am tormented, but was it worth it to buy a modification with 2 Gigas (or as an option the N230th with the same amount of RAM). Does anyone have experience using netbooks from this N-series (N150, N210, N220, N230) when they increased memory from 1 to 2 Gig? Please unsubscribe about the results.

From myself I will say that it seems like Win7 actually uses 500-600 Meters of physical memory, which in general pleases. To understand what is at stake and how it is determined, I recommend an excellent article.http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/window-on-windows/?p=3176. According to the terminology of the Resource Monitor, the real "In Use" memory on the device is ~ 500-600 MBytes when starting a typical "office" task or "light" Internet fermentation (open 1-3 pages in standard IE 8).

While not talking about anything more wireless interfaces. A week yuzanya I can say that I am very pleased with WiFi - excellent connection quality. I LinkSys WRT54G2 distributes Internet on the hut. Walls - reinforced concrete. While the signal from the "Internet access" will reach the living room, the walls are 3 passes and strongly damped. So, it was previously a new laptop Acer Aspire 5112 - he was barely in the living room the signal is caught. Current smartphones HTC Desire and Samsung Spica i5700 is also in the living room rather weak signal is caught and in some areas it is surrendered. And this kid N210 at the middle level holding signal is quite worthy - even peacefully can watch videos from YouTube.

We continue the description of the beast after 2 weeks of trial operation. Come turn to look at memory usage. To investigate this issue, the standard utility "Resource Monitor" from Win7 was used (you can call it from the Start Manager).

This is how the memory usage diagram looks after the start of the machine and with moderate operation. "Moderate" refers to office workloads such as 2-3 open pages in Internet Explorer, open Excel Starter with a new, almost empty table plus Explorer.

As you can see, with a moderate load even a small piece of RAM remains at all not occupied by any pages - which is commendable.

By the way, to be completely honest, only 719 MB of memory is used for tasks that are actually performed. With 1GB, this is a great result. When I chose a netbook, I specifically set a limit of $ 400 and wanted to see what machines are capable of in this price range. As you understand, in almost all cases, this means a configuration with a 1GB RAM size. I thought that for Win7 there might be unnecessary swaps and brakes, but everything seems to work with a bang.

If anyone has the experience of expanding memory from 1GB to 2 in similar PCs based on Intel Atom N450 - please unsubscribe. Interested in real experience of the upgrade - maybe, after all, something is changing in this case.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

To finish with the memory, here are 2 screenshots from CPU-Z.

The only thing I did not understand is that on the Memory tab, the memory type is specified as DDR3, but in reality in the slot (the next tab on the 2nd screenshot) it turns out that it costs DDR2. Is this a "joke" on the part of Samsung, or is it no longer necessary for such a PC?

Again, please unsubscribe knowledgeable people.

Attached images
Attached ImageAttached Image

And today, finally, about the keyboard. The previous two posts and this one wrote directly from a netbook. In my opinion, the keyboard is worthy of all praise. I have already seen a lot of laptop keyboards, but this one is just the highest class. I sit, tarabanu on it just like on my own desktop Mitsumi Classic. Nothing bends, the keys get clearly. All OK!

By the way, when I took the baby in Kiev in Technopolis, the Samsung N150 even had a 250GB drive as an alternative, but I preferred to take the N210 from behind the keyboard. The difference in price seemed 400grn (about $ 50) - my N210 was more expensive and it was 3199 UAH ($ 400). In the 150th, the keyboard was not an island and the keys somehow dangled more - as a result, I took the 210th with a more correct keyboard and is still happy as an elephant. A 12-year-old child also drags himself from such a keyboard :)

In general, the characters on it are very correctly applied. English - in white, Russian - in red. The most optimal and good combination, which is most convenient in work. Even the Ukrainian characters were put separately - Samsa is a solid five for implementing Claudia!

Everything seemed to be good until I started testing the sound path until recently. The sound quality in the headphones is VERY STRONGLY DISAPPEARED!

I use pretty good Sennheiser HD215 headphones. The sound in them from this netbook turns out to be some kind of torn and chopped - in vopschem, even some disgust arose. For playback, I used the highest quality player (IMHO is over) foobar2000, test phonograms were time-tested and MP3, and FLAC, and in the sound card settings all SRS effects and other dirts were turned off, I tried 24-bit and 16-bit sound Equally the sound pattern has not improved.

Abyd! Here on the previous Acer Aspire 5112 laptop, in general, everything was hurt with the same set of music and software ...

If someone zanta what could be the problem (if it is not the hardware itself) - please unsubscribe.

Rep: (5)
If someone zanta what could be the problem (if it is not the hardware itself) - please unsubscribe

Hi, I also have a Samsung N210 only with a screw of 250 gigs, I don’t have any problems with the sound in the headphones, the right earphones are unpretentious. Philips SBC HLI 40 can have an even sound for a diver to update on sound.

Rep: (14)
Hello owners of the 210th! ;)
Such a question: do you have Phoenix HyperSpace?
When I start with F6, I only show windows.

Rep: (641)
hunter2000 @ 03/05/2011, 14:31*
Such a question: do you have Phoenix HyperSpace?

I don’t have one either. I didn’t register from the manual "If you didn’t register Windows OS at the first boot, you wouldn’t be able to use the HyperSpac function. Use this function after booting
and registering Windows ". That's it.

"If the first boot of Windows OS was not registered, the use of the HyperSpac function would not be possible. Use this function after the download
and registering windows. "

Strange, I immediately registered windows at the first boot, of course it may have already been included in the store ...
How to install it (: girl_hysterics:

hunter2000 @ 03/08/2011, 18:58*
How to install it (

I immediately had HyperSpace and I also took it with an already installed Windows, it was already turned on in the store and the disk was split in half, I had to redo everything. Now there is another seven maximum, there is naturally no such program there, I think you need to do a system restore, probably you just deleted the threshold, or another Windows is installed, roll back to the very beginning when the first time the beech could turn on and everything will be restored

hunter2000 @ 03/08/2011, 15:58*
How to install it (: girl_hysterics:

I have files from HyperSpace in the C: \ Program Files \ hsinstall \ folder, I launched the installer and after the system test I cursed it and that's it. Maybe I did it myself crookedly, but I didn’t install it. up to version8.14.10.2230 And the Fn + screen brightness adjustment disappeared and the standard slider refused to work. I rolled out the driver to 8.14.10.1972 brightness adjustment restored. Installed RAM Kingston KVR800D2S6 2GB PC2-6400 I did not notice a very large increase in speed, I visually began to work a little faster.

Post has been editedmymy1749 - 11.03.11, 16:50

mymy1749 @ 03/11/2011, 19:39*
. I rolled back the driver on 8.14.10.1972, the brightness adjustment was restored. I installed the Kingston KVR800D2S6 2GB PC2-6400 RAM, did not notice a very large increase in speed, visually began to work a little faster.

Read about the adjustment of brightness in the next topic on the NP-N150 Samsung, they seemed to discuss this problem there, and since the netbooks of the common line, then the firewood and everything else except what the prog and design should be the same. And at the expense of memory, you are right, it works a little faster, but that’s good;)

Mrborg @ 03/11/2011, 17:10*
About the brightness adjustment read the next topic on the Samsung NP-N150

That's right, only there is talk about other versions of firewood.

mymy1749 and you can throw me the contents of this folder C: \ Program Files \ hsinstall \
I don't have it at all.

I would gladly throw off, but I have a crappy internet connection, and the whole packed folder weighs 700MB, and the unpacked 2.4GB. There is no possibility for me
Pour such a volume. Ask Mrborg for help.
Today I discovered one downside: when the detected horizontal and equal strips about 2 mm in width at the top of the screen throughout the dline.Kovyryalsya the display settings to no avail band is not propala.Prichina was very simple: the screen matrix is ​​moved downward relative to the body, and this gap is precisely 2mm.Kitaozy even normally fix oo zahoteli.Teper not think that's how the whole thing to bring to mind as one option: the entire screen to stick a protective film, driving oo between the screen and the casing to cut 3-5mm vglub.Ili five strips of film width of 5mm and vsavit four sides between the housing and ekranom.Mozhet who have the best solution to secure the matrix? disassemble the display housing option, not a netbook while still under warranty.

mymy1749 @ 03/20/2011, 01:25*
Ask Mrborg if he can help.

My Windows is not native, I immediately took down the starter and set the maximum, so I also do not have this folder and there is no prgy, so unfortunately I can not help.

hunter2000 @ 19.3.2011, 13:41*
mymy1749 and you can throw me the contents of this folder C: \ Program Files \ hsinstall \

I will try to fill the narod with parts in the archives of 100MB, as I’m posting the links in PM.

Rep: (0)
Greetings to all the holders of the N210! Need help installing 3G mini PCI-e internal modem. The back below the battery slot provided under the slot for a SIM card, but somehow for our market forgot to solder this slot as well as the mini PCI-e slot. So the connector slot for the SIM card and the modem I ordered (I will solder itself) and no where I can find a circuit board. If who faced prompt whether slot pinout matches for sim cards (for example in the ASER Aspire One is not the same and needs to be changed). I would be very grateful for the help!

p.s. HyperSpare and Recovery demolished immediately, installed two independent XP SP3 and W7 Ultimate systems. Put the bar on 2 GB fry became more fun to work.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 27/09/19, 16:06