> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

PocketBook Pro 602 | E-ink vizplex

Rep: (1015)
DiscussionPocketBook Pro 602
Discussion пїЅ | Description | FAQ | Firmware пїЅ

Firmware guide in Russian:
Attached fileManual_602_902_eng.doc(42.5 KB)

Software Specifications:
PB602_902_specifications.pdf

Post has been editedPicnik - 17.01.12, 08:49

Rep: (0)
Has gained. No drives to it. I have to guess for myself.
1. How to connect WiFi. There is a router to which all home computers are tied to MAC addresses.
2. Where does he see the mas?

Rep: (163)
No drives to it.

Try to look at firstUser manualon the manufacturer's website.

Connected to a router via a waffle. By mas address. Take the MAC address in Settings - device information.

Rep: (1946)
Do you have live owners? Also thinking about acquiring ... or 602nd orAmazon Kindle 3 ...
What are your impressions?

I can’t say anything yet. Waiting for the presentation of the daughter on DR.

Rep: (421)
Pasha_550 @ 06.12.2010, 21:09*
Do you have live owners? Also thinking about acquiring ... or the 602nd or QRAmazon Kindle 3 ...

There is. But it’s hard to say so far. While I am satisfied with the purchase, but the firmware is damp, the PB promises an updated firmware soon.
on the-ebook.orgthe discussion is in full swing.

Pasha_550 @ 06.12.2010, 21:09*
Do you have live owners? I also thought about purchasing ... or the 602nd or Amazon Kindle 3 ... What are your impressions?

For me, this is just a Pocket Book. If I am not mistaken, Amazon does not support fb2 ...

Yes. And there is.Here ...

Post has been editedbudvaizer - 09.12.10, 21:55

Budvaizer @ 12/09/2010, 20:51*
If I am not mistaken, Amazon does not support fb2 ...

C box does not support, but the craftsmen made a couple of hacks (fbreadera ports) FBReader and FBKindle after installing which support for fb2 format appears. Details on the sitethe-ebook.org.

Rep: (4)
Hello everyone, I purchased this model, the case comes in the kit, charging was given as a present, the flash drive was not included, but the device has its own 2gb memory, in principle, for books by the eyes, so far I don’t notice errors and glitches, there is practically no software for of this model, for some reason, software with 301 doesn’t read correctly on 602 or knocks out an error = (Regarding fb2, I read all the books with a bang from the beast to 602, checked the WORD files at the same time, when I bought, sellers couldn’t give an intelligible answer, they would read or not? checked everything opens perfectly. =) )
Wi-fi works with a bang when connecting, though it initially throws it to the Bookland website, the website is damp, all the more beta version is all the literature is almost in English, and as I understand it isn’t too full, Flibusta scored a good library in my browser and constantly crashed, I tried to download the book at the same time , everything is fine, everything downloaded, for some reason it doesn’t work out transferring files through bluetooth, I dig into the settings.

Post has been editedFreedomf1ghter - 13.01.12, 15:25

Pasha_550 @ 12/06/2010, 10:09 PM*
Do you have live owners? Also thinking about acquiring ... or the 602nd or Amazon Kindle 3 ...

602 heavier than the Amazon Kindle 3, in my opinion.

PB holds a promotion for those who buy Pro devices. Here is the information from the forumThe-ebook.org
PocketBook gives presents!
On the eve of the upcoming holidays, PocketBook will give a New Year's gift * to each owner of PocketBook PRO 602 and 902.
To receive a gift - a USB flash drive with 16 Gb ** - you need to visit the official Pocketbook service center.

You must have a device and a warranty card with you.

Another gift from the company is the latest firmware version, which the service center employees will install in your e-book. The new software will significantly improve the functionality of the device and its performance.
It’s our remoteness to significantly increase the page turning speed when reading the FB2 reader format (which reads the FB2, FB2.zip, TXT, CHM, HTML, EPUB formats)
Also added a browser, the ability to register and download books directly from the BookLand.net website and receive online newsletters directly to the device.

You can even safely say that with the new firmware PocketBook PRO has the highest page turning speed!

Come and be one of the first to be able to experience all the benefits of the new firmware.

You can find the address of the service center in your city on the website of our company. (http://pocketbook.ua/support/)
(http://pocketbook-global.ru/support/)

* - the promotion is valid from December 17 to December 31 in Russia and Ukraine.
** - the number of gifts is limited.

For nonresident Russians who cannot physically pick up a flash drive, you need:
1. Flash the book to version 2.0.3
2. Run a book with information so that the serial number and firmware number are visible.
3. Take a picture of the book in this form and have a warranty card nearby. (you can also check)
4. Send the picture and your home address to the Moscow office.
5. We will send the flash drive cash on delivery by mail (payment only for delivery).
Contact details of the Moscow service center.

Rep: (158)
Pocketbook 902 and602

Firmware 2.0.3
Date: 14.12.10

List of changes:
Implemented by:
1. Added the ability to download protected (DRM) books online.
2. Faster page turning in FB reader. In the settings of the FB reader, the ability to select the reading update mode "High Quality" or "High Speed" has been added. The default setting is “High Speed”.
3. Changed and significantly accelerated the mechanism for working with dictionaries in books.
4. Faster page turning in a PDF reader.
5. Added webbrowser application (Main menu>Applications>webbrowser)
6. In the "Library" added the ability to tune the appearance
• List
• Sketches (icons)
• Detailed
7. Implemented button emulation in the BookLand browser (Library>BookLand tab):
• by pressing the scroll button ”>”There is a transition to the page" forward ";
• by pressing the scroll button ”<”Goes to the back page.
• when you press the joystick buttons "up" or "right" - the system jumps to the next element on the page.
• when the joystick buttons are pressed “down” or “left”, the system jumps to the previous item on the page.
8. Implemented a mechanism for requesting PDA versions of a site in a web browser (if supported by the server).

Fixed:
1. The web browser did not start after bookmarking it.
2. The indicator of network activity of the device was incorrectly displayed.
3. The device was not detected in the Ubuntu operating system.
4. The device and the SD card on some computers were not detected as two removable drives.
5. The player was interrupted when the power cable was disconnected.
6. The battery indicator is not displayed correctly.
7. When editing a large note, the program performed an emergency exit to the main menu.
8. Without updating the screen, the bookmark in FB Reader was not deleted.
9. When renaming and moving a book, the message “Error renaming a file” or “Error moving a file” appeared.
10. The exit from the application “Kosinka” was previously carried out in the section “Library”.
11. Sometimes the button presses worked independently again.
12. When returning to the main menu, the cursor was not on the section that was opened last.
13. The settings in the ”User profiles” section were not saved.
14. When deleting a profile that was created on the SD card, an error message appeared, the profile was not deleted.
15. Music was played independently after disconnecting the USB cable in player playback mode.
16. After formatting the internal memory, one of the widgets in the main menu was not displayed.
17. If you insert an SD card in photo viewing mode, an emergency exit to the main menu occurs.
18. The key “Menu” did not work in the sections: “Photos”, ”Favorites”.
19. In the photos section of the “Screen”, after viewing the picture and immediately turning off the device the next time it was turned on, the picture was not displayed. A message appeared: "There are no books on this shelf."
20. If the connection is timed out, the web browser restores the connection when you try to use the Internet.
21. The clock widget is displayed on the screen normally, the orientation of the screen (auto) is determined, the clock changes its location: - landscape; - portrait.
22. Connecting the device to a PC in the “PC Connection” and “Charging” modes works in accordance with the preset settings: (PC connection | Charging | Dialog for selecting a mode).
23. After the Bluetooth file transfer session, the file transfer dialog closes automatically.
24. After registration, secure (DRM) books are downloaded correctly from www.bookland.net
25. In the landscape orientation of the book in reading mode, the quick menu opens correctly in the middle of the screen.
26. When working with the DjVu format, the incorrect display of zooming from the quick menu has been fixed.

Manual firmware in Russian:
M
Manual lifted in a hat

Attached files

Attached fileManual_602_902_eng.doc(42.5 KB)

Post has been editedStone - 18.12.10, 23:28

I bought a book for a girl. While playing, he decided to buy himself the same, maybe a new model for more expensive, until he decided. But the book is super!

Firmware itself2.0.3 :
Download firmware 2.0.3 from of. PockeBook site

I am a living owner. Bought, read 1 day.
On the second day, on the way to vacation, the book hung and did not start anymore. And not with me alone, here onsavagemessiahzine.comWrote about this problem. I did not have time to replace it in the store, as I was on vacation. The second week I wait for a decision from the poketbook company, so far only promises. Raw product.
Yes, and again: the cover smells pretty bad.

Post has been editedVlad_Rezinkin - 25.12.10, 12:26

Rep: (14)
By the way, from the offsite you can additionally download TTS (text-to-speech) of different voices (M / F) and languages.

Post has been editedgirokompas - 26.12.10, 11:15

Vlad_Rezinkin

There aresinglecases.

FAQ about the results of the discussion of problems on the-ebook forum. org infb2 format for Pocketbook Pro (60x, 90x)

Rep: (4)
Recently I bought a PocketBook 602 as a gift to a girl. I myself did not particularly use it, I only checked that the workbook turned on / off / leafed.
We began to actively use it, it turned out that the book very often hangs, literally every few minutes. And when you use it and actively turn over the pages, it does not freeze, but it costs a couple of minutes to stand idle and immediately freezes.
I read the instructions, they charged the device in the off state (10-12 hours or even more). After freezing and rebooting, the charge indicator behaves strangely, first it shows zero divisions, then after a few flips it shows more divisions, up to a full charge. In general, the device behaves very strangely. What could be the matter and how can this be corrected?

The latest firmware, even before I found out about the problem with freezes, went to the service for a flash drive, at the same time I was asked to upgrade to the latest version.

Rep: (2)
Wife gave on NG 602nd. Three hours later, he hung hopelessly. Well, I think, okay, I’ll update the firmware. It was possible to turn off only by turning off the battery. I rebooted successfully. I see a tree. And again the same thing. There is no reaction to any of the buttons. I took it to the seller for quality control. Waiting for the event.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/14/19, 1:00 p.m.