12.07.11, 18:27
Guru
[offline]

Group: Curators
Messages 4380
Check in: 04.01.10

Discussion ASUS netbook 1215N
NVIDIA hybrid graphics netbook, on Intel Atom D525, Windows 7, 12.1 "screen
Windows 10 | Windows 8 and 8.1 | Windows RT | Windows 7 | Ubuntu linux | Mac os x | Change the operating system | Install Windows | Search for programs and drivers | Antivirus | Ambulance laptop owners | IT smoker | Accessories

Attached Image

Specifications and appearance
Specifications
Screen:12.1 inches, 16: 9, 1366x768 glossy.
CPU:Intel Atom D525 1.8 GHz, HT, 64-bit
RAM:DDR3 2 GB, expands to 8 GB, 2 slots, 1066 Mhz (In the laptop, 2 slats of 1 GB each)can be expanded up to 8GB, in any versions of the slats
HDD:320 GB or 500 GB + 500 GB Online EeeStorage for 1 year
Video card:NVIDIA ION2 (GT218) 512 MB / Intel GMA 3150 256 MB
Ports:3xUSB 2.0 (Version with USB 3.0 is not officially supplied to Russia), 2xJack3.5, VGA, HDMI, Ethernet, Kensington Lock
Wireless interfaces:Bluetooth 2.0 / 3.0, Wi-Fi b / g / n (Wi-Fi card DOES NOT SUPPORT monitor mode)
Card reader:SD, MMC
Webcam:0.3 Megapixel, there is a curtain that opens and closes manually
Battery:Li-Ion 6 cells, works 6-7 hours, 5400 mA * h
Installed OS:Windows 7 Home Premium / ASUS ExpressGate
Weight:1.45 kg

Available colors
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

Netbook reviews

Drivers and Utilities
Compatible with OC
Windows xp
Most drivers do not work correctly, the netbook discharges quickly and runs slower than Windows 7
Windows 7
There are almost no problems with it, everything works out of the box.
Windows 8
Everything works as in the seven.
Hotkeys and asus services
Drivers
User recommendations for firewood
Windows 10
Drivers for video and hotkeys
About the "top ten" on this unit
Activate Windows BIOS with SLIC table

Ubuntu 11.04
Switch between vidyukhi now can be readhereorhere.
Switching performance modes.Instructionin English.
Everything else works out of the box (thanks for the infoG.kusik)
Mac os
Wi-Fi does not work from the brodkom, there is no optimus technology, there is no acceleration of GMA 3150.
Installationhakintosh at 1215N

Disassembly, upgrade and overclocking
Instructions for squeezing 100% of iron netbook :)
Instructions for increasing the netbook's working time
Soldering USB 3.0, FireWire, Gigabit LAN
Soldered 3G modem
Replacing Express Gate OS with another * nix system (EN)
Replacing Express Gate OS with another * nix system (RU)
Disassembly
Change of thermal paste
Memory Upgrade
Modules that exactly fit and work
Model 1215N has limited support for DDR3 memory modules.
Only memory modules with PCB reference design type A or B are supported.
To upgrade the memory on these models, it is recommended to use:
DDRIII 1333 SO-D HYNIX 2G 204PHYNIX / HMT325S6BFR8C-H9 (44NM)
or choose any other memory module with PCB type A or B.
The type can be determined by labeling as follows:
ggggg eRxff PC3v-wwwwwm-aa-dd-ccd
where cc is the type of reference PCB design - A, B, AC - relevant designs, ZZ - reference designs are not used
Attached Image

Overclocking and advanced frequency control options

Problem solving
BIOS resuscitation on netbook

Getting rid of periodic clicks in a laptop
This is periodically parked by the HDD head in order to turn it off:
DownloadquietHDDand throw in autoload

Enable Wi-Fi 802.11N
1 Way:
Open the registry editor (Start ->Run ->regedit)
go to
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Class \ {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} \ 0014]
And in the Country parameter we change RU to US (or the key address in the registry [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Class \ {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} \ 0007])
Or use the below attached REG file(Test version)
Attached fileWi_Fi80211N.reg(320 bytes)

2 Way:
To read

For those who have Broadcomm
Asus 1215N (Post # 10963130)

3 way
Drivers

If the touchpad is buggy

For those who have a hard right key under the touchpad

We solve the problem with the color on the screen

FPS uplift in some games

Instructions how to make play any video (with hardware decoding)!

Shutting down the Boot Booster (Fast Boot) and flashing BİOS

MPC, kmplayer and powerdvd video does not play normally

Thanks to everyone who helps in the design of the cap, and indeed to all users of this device! : thank_you:
Topics CuratorNobletracer

Post has been editedNobletracer - 02.01.19, 21:44
Reason for editing: The image of the original system and the recovery section + instructions
fich999
Message#42
16.11.10, 13:42
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 388
Check in: 14.07.10

Сartman
and what 7ka does not suit you? just if you needed games,. . .

Oh you, think shallowly;) the games are not important to me (although you can cut yourself, they are fine on our 1215), and the movie is not important. . . just the whole Portabl software, by video editing, sound installation, design (portable) - for wine 7 DIED! The case is up! - download at a speed of 2-4 kb.sek., megavon-modem, there is no power (yes, not all portabl is under 7) - that's what I set a goal - to have not only wines 7 (while you study and oServicePakishia, already wines 10.. 13 will arrive :)), but also proven XP (for me, for the rest of my life, it will be enough;))!
- question on XP - I take off completely:) - Easy to install (the first partition of 9 GB (HRGMEdision-220MB) - really had to switch from AHCI to IDE in BIOS) - the necessary firewood rose - there is sound, video (intl 3150) is - soft! glory to the Miracle! Overclocking CPU. ..

- now I’ve got into a ridiculous situation - to the second section 30 GB - “Win ​​7 Ultima” got up easily (switched from IDE to AHCI in BIOS) .. .. but I can’t install firewood (all night until 8 in the morning) - except Chipset! - Nothing is put - intl3150 - for example, it offers something like 1280x580, a gef - an error, a sound is an error. .. full ales kaput! . . . Can we get lucky today? - Glory to the Miracle, though XP works!

- here are two questions stuck - how to plug in XP - SATA driver (which would not switch from AHCI to IDE in BIOS) or off in 7 SATA wines?
- and how to install on wines 7 - firewood, from our asus1215

Post has been editedfich999 - 16.11.10, 14:38

--------------------

� ������� � ��� � ������� ����� � ����� ���� ����������� ! �������� � ��¨���� �������.
- ������ 59 ��� � ��� ����?! -��¨���E ��������, � ������� ������
���. download

(fich)
nightroad2
Message#43
16.11.10, 20:25
User
[offline]

Messages 50
Check in: 12.11.10
Sony Xperia Z3

It was necessary not to switch from IDE to AHCI when installing win7. Win7 would quietly get up in this mode. AHCI for the most part is needed for Mac OS, there this parameter is required. I found an interesting info about overclocking asus in general, which have the Super Hybride Engine utility. The point is to set up editing dsdt bios, just at the place where there is a regeneration code for the utility to work. Thus, it will be possible to set the required efficient overclocking of the processor to super performance mode and enable it with this utility from asus :)
If everything can be done, accomplish your goal.

--------------------
Asus UX32V, OS - W7
Nokia 6233>Nokia E51>Nokia E52>HTC Incredible S>Iphone 4s>Sony Z3
Canon 7D + EF 24-105 / 4 L USM IS + EF 35/2
fich999
Message#44
17.11.10, 12:38
Local
[offline]

Messages 388

It was necessary not to switch from IDE to AHCI when installing win7
Yes, I thought about it, but after reading "-If it’s difficult to undergo a performance decline of 5-7%, then switch to IDE." . .. I thought that I would find firewood for XP from our 1215 and win. : unsure: what to do?
- there are 3 options
1. Find the opportunity to explain XP - about SATA
2. Find XP with integ. SATA - and redo everything: blink:
3. Reinstall 7 under IDE: blink:
- there are probably 4. - where in the dispatcher (in win7) to transfer the disc to "Standard": blink:
- I'd love to 1st

Now about installing firewood on 7! Thank you who was worried about me: rolleyes:
- I broke a 320GB disk into 4 pieces 1 (C) -9GB (XP), 2 (D) -30GB (7), 3 (E) -75, 4 (F) -180
- after installing XP - due to a good, obligatory, old habit - transferred the entire temp - to TEMP by D. ..
- after setting 7 (on D). ... same on D! here and-and. .. when I load XP, I see C, D, E, F. When I load 7, it renames (myself) from D to C, and D (from XP) - generally hides: blink :. . . Well, I zaraportovalsya, the pace to add her nowhere and kuku large installations, managed to deploy the chipset, and a large vidyuhi and sound in any.

- it is still a question - I can’t log in to ixbt.com, with my only modem, megavon, try it like yours.

Post has been editedfich999 - 17.11.10, 12:40

--------------------
I WAS BORN AND LIVED DURING THE TIME WHEN I WAS NATURAL IN DEW! PRODUCTS AND GENERAL TECHNOLOGY.
- lived 59 years and what I see? -REQUEST PRODUCTS, and technology at all
not.
(fich)
nightroad2
Message#45
18.11.10, 10:57
User
[offline]

Messages 50
Sony Xperia Z3

fich999
The solution to your problem with SATA on XP is just a million, just google: "sata driver under windows xp".
Here is the article:http://asusfans.ru/28-kak-postavit-drajver...novlennuyu.html
Everything is described on the fingers, there is no difficulty in this.

--------------------
Asus UX32V, OS - W7
fich999
Message#46
18.11.10, 13:01
Local
[offline]

Messages 388

nightroad2
fich999
The solution to your problem with SATA on XP is just a million, just google. . .
Dear, nightroad2. I cited this link above the posts and studied the instructions, it's just that we need support. . shoulder :) in the picture are two ICH and four IDEs (I have one ICH from under XP and two IDEs and not the name of the Device). .. Yes and Note models are not the ones discussed. . here I thought - suddenly our 1215 - there are differences in SATA pre-divers . When I was going to transfer the MSI U90 netbook to ACHI, I warned that there could be problems until the system was reinstalled. .. Well, I accept it (if that). but I wouldn’t like knowing about raking on them.
- Thank you, you are the first who, resolutely answered, in 3 forums on this issue: drinks :. .. if I am lost, then something went wrong: D

Post has been editedfich999 - 18.11.10, 13:03

--------------------
I WAS BORN AND LIVED DURING THE TIME WHEN I WAS NATURAL IN DEW! PRODUCTS AND GENERAL TECHNOLOGY.
not.
(fich)
nightroad2
Message#47
18.11.10, 13:17
User
[offline]

Messages 50
Sony Xperia Z3

There is nothing to be afraid of, since the installation of firewood in my memory so far no car died in a mortal sleep :) It is necessary to try, the system can always roll back the firewood. Take another look at the Intel site, in the same article there is a link that seems .. You can search and find the right one. Don't be afraid to experiment.)

By the way, there is an option to try to get drivers from Sevens, in the Driver folder (from the downloaded archive from the asus site) you have files with the inf extension. Using the described method in the article, try to use these files. Maybe Xp recognizes them. I think you can try.

Post has been editednightroad2 - 18.11.10, 13:39

--------------------
Asus UX32V, OS - W7
Guredo
Message#48
18.11.10, 13:41
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 865
Check in: 25.09.10
Oneplus one

It's true. what ION2 already at 20 MHz faster than ION?
nightroad2
Message#49
18.11.10, 15:42
User
[offline]

Messages 50
Sony Xperia Z3

It's true. what ION2 already at 20 MHz faster than ION?

At 25 MHz. The principal differences are primarily in the video data processing circuit. Take a look at ixbt.com there describes in detail both generations of ion.

--------------------
Asus UX32V, OS - W7
Tomas changer
Message#50
18.11.10, 17:38
User
[offline]

Messages 54
Check in: 12.11.07
HTC Hero

can someone tell me, does it make sense to change 1201N to 1215?
in which they win each other, in which they win. Took here in the store in one 1215N, it hurts too much his keyboard bends - is it all so?
W7 performance tests, as I understand it, are based on the results of the GMA3150 verification (with regards to the graphics)?
I saw on the net that they were writing about the technology nvidia optimus, they say it doesn't really work, what's the problem there?
really, what kind of thread in a Word at 25-30% brightness without communication will be able to work 7 hours?
who will say what about the sound, it is desirable to compare with 1201N
As for the quality of the assembly, I have everything in order at 1201, but the rubber pimp on the screen does not save: the lid touches the main part (the glossy part of the battery, the touchpad button, around the camera), which leads to unpleasant scuffing ...
what color is better to take, who will advise what? 1201 is better than silver, because gloss is not so much dirty, in 1215 there are more matte surfaces than it has with a stamp?
nightroad2
Message#51
18.11.10, 19:17
User
[offline]

Messages 50
Sony Xperia Z3

I will say my opinion, impressions and so on. etc.

it hurts too much his keyboard bends - is it all so?

Yes, the keyboard sags. For me, this moment is absolutely not critical. Do not put pressure on her, gritting her teeth, everything will be fine with her.

W7 performance tests, as I understand it, are based on the results of the GMA3150 verification (with regards to the graphics)?

I was very pleased with the performance of 1215N. I took it purely for work. AutoCAD pulls without problems in normal mode. ION2 is perfectly accelerated by a regular utility (there is a mention and a link in this thread, in the header there are overclocking options, a respected Black Diver) and gives a noticeable increase in AutoCAD. Reproduces movies perfectly. The processor has enough power, but as always I want more) I tried overclocking with SetFSB at a frequency of 2303 MHz, AutoCAD started to open at all in an instant (some mention of the device's potential).

I saw on the net that they were writing about the technology nvidia optimus, they say it doesn't really work, what's the problem there?

Go to ixbt.com, there is a very detailed and high-quality article about this technology.

really, what kind of thread in a Word at 25-30% brightness without communication will be able to work 7 hours?

I have Office 2010. I set the brightness by about 10-15%, periodically turning on various programs for the needs of the workflow. In this mode, I have no problems working 6 hours exactly.

who will say what about the sound, it is desirable to compare with 1201N

What are you specifically interested in regarding sound?

As for the quality of the assembly, I have everything in order at 1201, but the rubber pimp on the screen does not save: the lid touches the main part (the glossy part of the battery, the touchpad button, around the camera), which leads to unpleasant scuffing ...

There are no backlashes in the case, too. The lid fits perfectly. Not very pleased with the gloss around the screen, fingerprints remain immediately. Rubber stops are located around the perimeter of the top cover, there are no contacts between the screen and the keyboard or touchpad.

what color is better to take, who will advise what?

Better silver, on black all prints are immediately visible. When buying in the store can be seen immediately. I have a silver one, the spots, if visible, are only under direct light at a certain angle of inclination.

In general, the device makes me happy. When the 1201N appeared, laid eyes on him, but decided to wait. After some time, it turned out that he was holding the battery a bit bad, and that was one of the key points.

And changing 1201N to 1215N depends on your needs. If you need a boost in the battery, then it is better to take an additional powerful battery than to change it to a device that holds a maximum of 1-1.5 hours longer. If you need performance, then here you need to thoroughly delve into.

--------------------
Asus UX32V, OS - W7
fich999
Message#52
18.11.10, 23:34
Local
[offline]

Messages 388

nightroad2
There is nothing to fear. . .
Well, it is necessary, same scared himself deadly! Thanks, nightroad2,. .. I thought sex would be ududet: blink:, XP starts from under ACHI - and why such fuss with the integration of firewood in the Winler Installer XP or the manufacture of a separate diskette (F6)
- launched 7ku, looked at the name of the driver - ICH7R / DH, launched XP. .. according to the instruction - in the Intel / iaAHCI.inf folder - he suggested a list, in the list I saw native ICH7R / DH - overload - F2 - AHCI - download XP

Post has been editedfich999 - 18.11.10, 23:50

--------------------
not.
(fich)
Tomas changer
Message#53
18.11.10, 23:35
User
[offline]

Messages 54
HTC Hero

I was very pleased with the performance of 1215N. I took it purely for work. AutoCAD pulls without problems in normal mode. ION2 is perfectly accelerated by a regular utility (there is a mention and a link in this thread, in the header there are overclocking options, a respected Black Diver) and gives a noticeable increase in AutoCAD. Reproduces movies perfectly. The processor has enough power, but as always I want more) I tried overclocking with SetFSB at a frequency of 2303 MHz, AutoCAD started to open at all in an instant (some mention of the device's potential).

Well, on my 1201N, I also worked without problems in AutoCAD 2010 with an external monitor of 1920 * 1200, there were no problems during operation, everything flew. but the first time AutoCAD runs for about 20 seconds, does it really happen to you right now?
What are you specifically interested in regarding sound?

how loud and clear how the bottom can be heard, well, or you can hear it at all, it’s just that the asuses on laptops were put on a very bad sound, didn’t it touch this device?
otherwise, thanks for the prompt and informative answer;)
PS: just on my 1201N, the W7's performance indicators are noticeably higher than in this unit, so there are doubts that during the W7 test it checks GMA3150 and not ION

Post has been editedTomas changer - 18.11.10, 23:37
~ Cartman ~
Message#54
18.11.10, 23:48
zhirtrest
[offline]

Messages 1238
Check in: 12.08.08
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Tomas Changer @ 11/19/2010, 00:35*
how loud and clear how bottom can be heard

IMHO ordinary notebook speakers;)
add a little about myself
autonomy
The device lasts exactly 2 full evening classes (brightness approx. 20%, Wi-Fi + Word (felts seventh felts tenth))
pairs of exactly 3 hours, which equals 6 hours of work, auto-saving mode

about sinking
Well, if you hammer like a piano, then yes, they are noticeable, but first, it doesn’t affect the work of the buttons themselves + I look at clave so little that I notice extremely rarely. It doesn't touch me at all;)
By the way, Claudia herself is incredibly comfortable, her finger does not get tired at all;)

Colour
agree withnightroad2- silver
but the matte plastic under the screen is annoying. The prints are visible in the moment, he has a finger - micro-scratches are left, held several times ... in general, after 2 months of use, it grieves in places (especially at the top center, very noticeable scratches from the gumphoto lay

I still remembered - the touch pad compared to 1201 has become much more !!! but here PKM and LKM are extremely tough ..

Post has been edited~ Cartman ~ - 18.11.10, 23:49

--------------------
Xperia z1 compact samsung galaxy tab 7.0+
macbook pro early 2015
Demon2
Message#55
18.11.10, 23:51
Local
[offline]

Messages 322
Check in: 01.06.08
Huawei Mate 10 ALP-L09

Tomas Changer @ 11/19/2010, 02:35*
how loud and clear how the bottom can be heard, well, or you can hear it at all, it’s just that the asuses on laptops were put on a very bad sound, didn’t it touch this device?

IMHO as on the cell, only louder :)

--------------------
Drowned Huawei Mate 10 in your pocket - a winner in life.
nightroad2
Message#56
19.11.10, 06:51
User
[offline]

Messages 50
Sony Xperia Z3

fich999Thanks, nightroad2,. .. I thought sex would-uudet ..

For "thank you" there is a button "+", I recommend it to use :)

Tomas changer

If you compare in the category of smart PDA-netbook: the sound of good quality. When watching a movie in a quiet room, the volume is enough for the eyes. Even there is a feeling of “volume” of sound :) Discomfort at least does not arise and does not force the beech to be applied to the ear) By the way, with good headphones, the sound quality is at a height.

And if to compare with acoustics 2.0 microlab and discrete zvukovuha Creative, IMHO: pishyalki :) Sorry for sarcasm)

PS: just on my 1201N, the W7's performance indicators are noticeably higher than in this unit, so there are doubts that during the W7 test it checks GMA3150 and not ION

Yes that's right. W7 checks exactly GMA3150. This is most likely due to the technology of optimus, which “considers” to be inexpedient to include ION.

The touchpad buttons are really harsh, but I use the wireless mouse mostly.

--------------------
Asus UX32V, OS - W7
Tomas changer
Message#57
19.11.10, 12:30
User
[offline]

Messages 54
HTC Hero

Go to ixbt.com, there is a very detailed and high-quality article about this technology.

I'm probably stupid, I didn’t find an sensible optimus article on 1215N, only on UL30 yesterday on ixbt.com. Throw a link in the studio ..
The touchpad buttons are really harsh, but I use the wireless mouse mostly.

on my 1201N is also hard, I would like to hear a comparison of the stiffness of the buttons 1201 and 1215.
there are those who changed 1201N to 1215N, I would like to hear their impressions about the move ...
~ Cartman ~
Message#58
19.11.10, 12:45
zhirtrest
[offline]

Messages 1238
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

I personally touched the 1201n since it was originally going to buy it.
but I don’t remember that the touchpad buttons on it were hard
nightroad2
Message#59
19.11.10, 19:33
User
[offline]

Messages 50
Sony Xperia Z3

I'm probably stupid, I didn’t find an sensible optimus article on 1215N, only on UL30 yesterday on ixbt.com. Throw a link in the studio ..

Here is a link to the second part of the article, in the beginning there is a link to the first part. These articles describe exactly the technology of Nvidia optimus, both software and hardware.
http://www.ixbt.com/portopc/optimus-2.shtml

--------------------
Asus UX32V, OS - W7
nightroad2
Message#60
20.11.10, 10:31
User
[offline]

Messages 50
Sony Xperia Z3

I found an interesting link with the drivers on our device, you can add it to the header. And the latest updates in one place.
http://fit.planet.ee/?page_id=23

Updated drivers for both video cards, performance evaluation asked to update the parameters. And in the control panel NVIDIA high-performance processor began to turn on forcibly!

Post has been editednightroad2 - 20.11.10, 10:41

--------------------
Asus UX32V, OS - W7
~ Cartman ~
Message#61
21.11.10, 01:32
zhirtrest
[offline]

Messages 1238
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

By the way, here's another shortly with 3d_newshttp://www.3dnews.ru/mobile/nvidia_optimus

+ review

Post has been edited~ Cartman ~ - 21.11.10, 02:46

--------------------
Xperia z1 compact samsung galaxy tab 7.0+
macbook pro early 2015
Asus

291 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 05/01/19 04:44