Asus 1215N - Discussion | [netbook] nvidia ION2 based netbook

Rep: (854)
Discussion ASUS netbook 1215N
NVIDIA hybrid graphics netbook, on Intel Atom D525, Windows 7, 12.1 "screen
Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows 8 and 8.1 пїЅ | Windows RT пїЅ | Windows 7 пїЅ | Ubuntu linux пїЅ | Mac os x пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Install Windows пїЅ | Search for programs and drivers пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Accessories

Attached Image

Specifications and appearance
Specifications
Screen: 12.1 inches, 16: 9, 1366x768 glossy.
CPU: Intel Atom D525 1.8 GHz, HT, 64-bit
RAM: DDR3 2 GB, expands to 8 GB, 2 slots, 1066 Mhz (In the laptop, 2 slats of 1 GB each) can be expanded up to 8GB, in any versions of the slats
HDD: 320 GB or 500 GB + 500 GB Online EeeStorage for 1 year
Video card: NVIDIA ION2 (GT218) 512 MB / Intel GMA 3150 256 MB
Ports: 3xUSB 2.0 (Version with USB 3.0 is not officially supplied to Russia), 2xJack3.5, VGA, HDMI, Ethernet, Kensington Lock
Wireless interfaces: Bluetooth 2.0 / 3.0, Wi-Fi b / g / n ( Wi-Fi card DOES NOT SUPPORT monitor mode )
Card reader: SD, MMC
Webcam: 0.3 Megapixel, there is a curtain that opens and closes manually
Battery: Li-Ion 6 cells, works 6-7 hours, 5400 mA * h
Installed OS: Windows 7 Home Premium / ASUS ExpressGate
Weight: 1.45 kg

Available colors
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

Netbook reviews

Drivers and Utilities
Compatible with OC
Windows xp
Most drivers do not work correctly, the netbook discharges quickly and runs slower than Windows 7
Windows 7
There are almost no problems with it, everything works out of the box.
Windows 8
Everything works as in the seven.
Hotkeys and asus services
Drivers
User recommendations for firewood
Windows 10
Drivers for video and hotkeys
About the "top ten" on this unit
Activate Windows BIOS with SLIC table

Ubuntu 11.04
Switch between vidyukhi now can be readhereorhere.
Switching performance modes.Instructionin English.
Everything else works out of the box (thanks for the infoG.kusik)
Mac os
Wi-Fi does not work from the brodkom, there is no optimus technology, there is no acceleration of GMA 3150.
Installationhakintosh at 1215N

Disassembly, upgrade and overclocking
Instructions for squeezing 100% of iron netbook :)
Instructions for increasing the netbook's working time
Soldering USB 3.0, FireWire, Gigabit LAN
Soldered 3G modem
Replacing Express Gate OS with another * nix system (EN)
Replacing Express Gate OS with another * nix system (RU)
Disassembly
Change of thermal paste
Memory Upgrade
Modules that exactly fit and work
Model 1215N has limited support for DDR3 memory modules.
Only memory modules with PCB reference design type A or B are supported.
To upgrade the memory on these models, it is recommended to use:
DDRIII 1333 SO-D HYNIX 2G 204PHYNIX / HMT325S6BFR8C-H9 (44NM)
or choose any other memory module with PCB type A or B.
The type can be determined by labeling as follows:
ggggg eRxff PC3v-wwwwwm-aa-dd-ccd
where cc is the type of reference PCB design - A, B, AC - relevant designs, ZZ - reference designs are not used
Attached Image

Overclocking and advanced frequency control options

Problem solving
BIOS resuscitation on netbook

Getting rid of periodic clicks in a laptop
This is periodically parked by the HDD head in order to turn it off:
DownloadquietHDDand throw in autoload

Enable Wi-Fi 802.11N
1 Way:
Open the registry editor (Start ->Run ->regedit)
go to
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Class \ {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} \ 0014]
And in the Country parameter we change RU to US (or the key address in the registry [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Class \ {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} \ 0007])
Or use the below attached REG file(Test version)
Attached fileWi_Fi80211N.reg(320 bytes)

2 Way:
To read

For those who have Broadcomm
Asus 1215N (Post # 10963130)

3 way
Drivers

If the touchpad is buggy

For those who have a hard right key under the touchpad

We solve the problem with the color on the screen

FPS uplift in some games

Instructions how to make play any video (with hardware decoding)!

Shutting down the Boot Booster (Fast Boot) and flashing BД°OS

MPC, kmplayer and powerdvd video does not play normally

Thanks to everyone who helps in the design of the cap, and indeed to all users of this device! : thank_you:
Topics CuratorNobletracer

Post has been editedNobletracer - 02.01.19, 21:44
Reason for editing: The image of the original system and the recovery section + instructions

Rep: (44)
I am also considering the possibility of acquiring this one, but the price tag of 20700 rubles suggests an additional 3000 to the above price. And buy a laptop with the 13th diagonal, with a core i3 stone and an HD video card. The only advantage is the battery life, well, a couple of centimeters in size.

Thanks for the very comprehensive review.

Rep: (64)
mark155,
Well here it is to each his own. Good luck to you!

Rep: (0)
I'm thinking about acquiring a netbook. A good review, probably will choose Asus 1215N

Rep: (260)
Chet is weak for FPS in games. And this is for 20k ... Do not throw off the specification of ION2 or where you can read?

EnterSpell,
Shas has already managed to check on CS: S - the maximum settings, Singularity - medium and CoD: MW-average. everything is very playable and without unnecessary brakes, but I have not yet measured fpsky.

Post has been editedBlack diver - 19.10.10, 11:03

Rep: (165)
what isnvidia ion 2(I think you can fix the cap)
On March 2, 2010, the second generation platform, called ION 2, was released. The platform includes the second-generation Intel Atom processors on the Pineview core, a discrete NVIDIA GT218 chip, and the NM10 chipset, which acts as a south bridge. The ION 2-based netbook combines an Atom N450 / 470 processor (now an Intel Atom D525 processor with two cores and a frequency of 1.8 GHz) with an integrated graphics core, Intel NM10 chipset, GT218 discrete graphics core and a DDR3 memory buffer dedicated to the needs of the graphics subsystem The volume of which can reach 512 MB. The video chip is connected to the chipset via the PCI Express 1.1 bus, whose throughput can vary from x1 (250 MB / s) to x4 (1 GB / s).

The GT218 graphics core within the ION 2 platform can have 8 or 16 stream processors, depending on the application. So, in netbooks with a screen diagonal size of no more than 10.1 inches, the graphic core will have 8 stream processors at a frequency of 405 MHz (6 W), and in larger netbooks and nettops their number will be 16 and the frequency will be 475 MHz (12 W) and 535 MHz, respectively. The GT218 chip is available in 40nm technology and supports DirectX 10.1. Provides hardware decoding of high-definition video in resolutions up to 1080p. Netbooks based on ION 2 can be equipped with a screen with support for 1366x768 pixels. To work with high resolutions, when connecting to the HDMI port, you will have to power the netbook from the network, since only the GT218 video chip can handle such work, and when working on battery power, it usually turns off to save power.

The ION 2 platform is compatible with NVIDIA Optimus technology, which increases the battery life of the PC from the battery, which is achieved by automatically switching between the integrated Intel graphics controller (usually Intel GMA 3150) and the discrete video adapter. Due to the limitations imposed by Optimus technology, netbooks based on ION 2 can only use the Windows 7 operating system — not only in the Starter version, but also in the Home Premium version. [1]

Products based on ION 2:
Netbooks:
- ASUS Eee PC 1015N with NVIDIA Optimus Technology
- ASUS Eee PC 1201PN without NVIDIA Optimus technology
- ASUS Eee PC 1215N with NVIDIA Optimus Technology
- ASUS LAMBORGHINI Eee PC VX6 with NVIDIA Optimus Technology
- Acer Aspire One 532G with NVIDIA Optimus Technology
Nettops:
- Acer Aspire Revo RL100
- Acer Aspire Revo AR3700
- Acer Veriton N282G [4]
- ASUS Eee Box PC 1501P
- Giada slim-N20
- Giada slim-DN230
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Q150
- Shuttle XS35
- ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID11
- ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID33
- ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID34
- TwinBox Mini PC HL-N322G
Tablet PCs:
- DreamBook ePad L11 HD
All-in-one computers (monoblock computer):
- ASUS EeeTop PC ET2010PN
- ASUS EeeTop PC ET2010PNT
- Lenovo C200
Videocards:
- Zotac ION-GPU-AE
- Pegatron
Motherboards:
- ASUS AT5IONT-I

at the very device, so ask questions get answers :)

~ Cartman ~,
Well, better tell me what you found interesting about him :)

I'm not looking, I work on it))) Comfortably comfortable;)

~ Cartman ~,
but the backlight is not enough ...

I read the ION 2 reviewers and realized that I would not change my HP 311 for it. Play all the same will not work because of a weak proca: (The growth in games is minimal.

EnterSpell @ 10.26.2010, 02:26*
The increase in games is minimal.

This is you in vain ... saw the increase even with the naked eye.

Black diver
Played in a thread ofof thislist, how fast? I just replace the netbook PC and I want the maximum. The laptop does not roll, because it is often necessary to take with you and the size and time is important.

Rep: (85)
How do I understand XP can not put it? rather there is no firewood, but he won't eat from the seven ...

if I understood correctly from the English-language forums, then nvidia optimus technology in principle does not function anywhere except for 7ki
I didn’t understand the current why everyone is writing that they need this very technology, and it's trivial to run at least one thing (built-in intema Gma or ion2) no one is interested

EnterSpell @ 10/27/2010 10:09 AM*
Played in that thread from this list, how about speed?

Nope Games are not in my style all ...

UPD: added overclocking results to the header, parrots from 3dmark 2006 and the inclusion of 802.11n.

Post has been editedBlack diver - 30.10.10, 00:50

Is there any chance that under this model there will be firewood under XP? Watching other models with optimus firewood technology under XP in bulk. or something I do not understand.

Post has been edited6600 - 31.10.10, 18:46

As far as I understand, windows XP does not support installing drivers from 2 different manufacturers, and therefore most likely it won't be to Optimus XP technology, although in my opinion nobody has checked how XP works on this machine ...

Rep: (3)
When you install two strips of RAM for 2GB, only 2.74GB is available (win 7 x64). The main minus.

Post has been editedxave - 01.11.10, 03:02

I wrote in support of asus who was interested in firewood under XP, they wrote that they would, but the Optimus technology will not work and therefore the performance on this OS will not be like on wines 7. There remains only a virtual machine to run some kind of software. The question is, in particular, regarding the ion and video editing, what is the layout of the export of the project, for example, Atom 270 iron 1GB of RAM, the GMA 950 creates a 1 to 3 project, that is, it takes 3 hours to create an hour of video, Two core engineers with a 1.6 core of the first generation core dual export 1 to 1. C with this iron we will see an increase in video editing, who can bother with this, unsubscribe ...

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/15/19, 18:38