Recently flashed phone Desire HD and faced with one problem, when you update some software embedded in firmware through the Play Market has issued an error"Package file was not signed correctly, uninstall the previous version and try again"
simple removal did not help to produce an error beginning "Signatures The application uses this identifier does not match"
and as a result of the application as well have not been updated, the response on the Internet, I have not found how to upgrade these applications, so here the way how this problem I managed, though it requires root:
1) Install the program В® Titanium Backup
2) Go to the top of the program and make our money by the middle button"Backups"
, Will be a big list of all the programs installed on the phone
3) Doing just in case a backup application that is going to be updated to do this, click on the application that opens a small menu, press the button"Save"
All the backup made
4) Now we return back to the list with all the programs and then find, update applications, now we have to not just click on it, and pinch and hold about 2 seconds to open a pop-up menu, select the function there"Convert to a custom application"
All now get out of Titanium Backup
5) Go to the Play Market has applications that are going to update and start updating normally, and that we can see, the application still will give the same error as before, namely the "Package file was not signed correctly, uninstall the previous version and try again" but with one difference,now he also offers to remove the old version
, Click to remove the old version and now cleaned off
6) After removing the push button install, and lo and behold, the application is installed, now we have a new version of the program, I think in the future you will not have any problems with this system application
7) (Optional) If you want, you can convert it back into the application system, it is similar to item 4, but instead of "Convert to a custom application," you should press "Convert to system app"
P.S. If this does not work, return to the old version is available through the Titanium Backup, for this case, paragraph 2 and 3 only in step 3 instead of "Save" button you should click the "Restore", it is a little lower, a pop-up box asking what to restore, "Only program "or" program and all the data to it, "select" Programs and data "all the old version is restored.
I hope that helped you, good luck!Post has been editedvmaxim - 18.12.12, 19:59
Reason for edit: corrected layout, multi-colored posts are not very well read