8 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »  

> EBay scams | Cheating on eBay? Write your opinion.
elvispreasley
Message#1
11.10.10, 21:27
Old resident
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 1023
Check in: 25.08.09

I hope someone this topic will be useful and will save a lot of money, by warning about deception. For the third time in the glorious eBay auction I come across the topic of selling an iPhone 4 at a fabulously low price and on incredibly favorable terms. Now there is only this topic.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-x-Apple-...omotiveQ5fTools(I hope the eBay moderators will not close the topic before writing this post). A man with UK sells unlocked iPhones 4 32GB for 600 yuv with the ability to "make offer" (i.e., really sell it even cheaper), with free Express Mail delivery all over the globe, but there are a couple ma-a- aa-a-scarlet nuances: 1. before buying, it is MANDATORY to write to the seller on the mail (not through the "ask question" system, but on the mail specified in the topic) otherwise the rate will be canceled; 2. Payment is made not through PayPal, but using American Express. The first time I saw a topic with the same content, but of course from another seller, about a week ago and immediately became very animated, but after a while I found that the topic was deleted ... I had time to write to the seller on the soap and he assured that the iPhones fully comply description and that the price is so low because the seller buys them directly from the factory. After I asked to explain the situation with the removal of the topic from the auction, to which (of course) I did not receive any response. Moral: be careful at the sight of such "attractive offers" and remember - the miser pays twice.

Posted 11/10/2010 21:27:

By the way, another 15 minutes ago there was almost the same topic from a seller with a different name (the sales conditions are identical), but there the price was 400 yu "buy it now" with the same free Express Mail Meil ​​Worldwide, but Temka was removed from the auction .. In the short time that these 2 themes existed, over 50 apple trees were sold ....

Post has been edited-deemON- - 12.10.10, 10:34
Licvidatormax
Message#22
11.03.11, 09:45
Robotized
[offline]

Messages 1967
Check in: 26.04.08

stupidly cheat rating selling to themselves and just a penny product

You can see what the seller sold before.

--------------------
vladmon
Message#23
20.03.11, 10:22
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 1
Check in: 20.03.11
Apple iPhone 4

Attached Image

Huge human thanks to topikstarter !!! I just almost got myself on this topic. I wrote a letter to the seller (not to the address he indicated in the announcement, but simply to the contact seller address). After 30 minutes, the ad was deleted only managed to print such a screen.
The seller offered iphone 4 for 500 evergreens, with a minimum purchase of 2 handsets. When buying 10, I offered 3500 for the entire batch (ie, $ 350 for a phone, that is, about 10 tons for 32GB, I think this is lower than apple's cost price!). And he offered both black and white tubes (which should appear in April). It was written that it was interesting to send me first before buying and indicate your location a letter to my mailbox on gmail.com. Suddenly I can’t deliver the package to you. And this is the top rated seller with 100% positive feedback. Someone has already managed to send $ 1000 to buy a couple of phones.

People do not get fooled !!!

My greed almost overcame my common sense, I was almost ready to pay !!! It’s good that I found this topic in Google and didn’t hurry.
loki88
Message#24
07.04.11, 21:35
a guest
[offline]

Messages 2
Check in: 30.06.10
HTC Tattoo

Interested lot on ebaihttp://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPhone-4-32GB-Bl...d#ht_2529wt_905
who has already bought and has experience ... tell me ...
OlegGio
Message#25
09.04.11, 19:48
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1255
Check in: 13.02.07
Apple iPhone 6s

I had the other day at one ipad2 bought- the free transfer of the USPS was included — that is, by courier, I won the auction, and the seller writes that he set the shipment for free by accident, asked for another $ 50 for the dispatch, I refused and dashed at him in iBay. Money returned from PayPal, but because of the difference in the course I lost $ 20-30

--------------------
I carefully read the Forum Rules, paying particular attention to clause 2.3.
pniznik
Message#26
09.04.11, 21:32
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 746
Check in: 10.08.06
Apple iPhone 4

OlegGio @ 04/09/2011, 17:48*
but because of the difference in the course I lost $ 20-30

exactly ?!

--------------------
4.23. Publication of private ads for the purpose of buying, selling or exchanging devices, accessories and other things is allowed only in the "Flea market" sections (for detailed rules, see the "Flea market" section).
Krok_us
Message#27
14.04.11, 13:06
Local
[offline]

Messages 224
Check in: 28.03.11
Apple iPad 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular

Carnaby @ 10/12/2010, 01:20*
It makes sense to be very critical of sellers who for some reason do not use PayPal ...

The seller could hijack an account on both ebay and PayPal. Letters from time to time come to the soap allegedly from the PayPal payment system with a request to fill out a form with personal data for confirmation. The spamfilter in gmail.com does not filter them out yet ... but you never know ... You need to not be lazy and go through the site settings of your account and make sure that everything is normal and in no case fill out any forms in the letters from the alleged support payment systems and stores.

--------------------
The world will be saved: either beauty or mass executions. Beauty is more aesthetic, but executions are somehow safer.
OlegGio
Message#28
14.04.11, 13:47
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1255
Check in: 13.02.07
Apple iPhone 6s

Pniznik @ 04/09/2011, 20:32*
exactly ?!

for sure. 50 litas difference between withdrawn and returned

--------------------
I carefully read the Forum Rules, paying particular attention to clause 2.3.
Xperia2
Message#29
16.04.11, 01:07
Local
[offline]

Messages 210
Check in: 28.10.10
Motorola DROID Turbo

And tell me please, in your opinion, this seller is suspiciousNew iPhone 4 16 Gb? And then without a photo the product is just not good. And the price, like those who were previously shown here, was thrown away. And he is from Canada himself ...

--------------------
WM: Asus p535 | SE Xperia2 | HTC Pure | there will be no more WM
proteuss
Message#30
16.04.11, 15:39
Local
[offline]

Messages 226
Check in: 06.01.08

It looks like a normal seller with 2 years of experience. The thing is new, sealed, so there are no photos. He sells only in North America, paypal and buyers protection on eBay insure. I believe that there is nothing to fear
Xperia2
Message#31
16.04.11, 16:45
Local
[offline]

Messages 210
Check in: 28.10.10
Motorola DROID Turbo

proteussThank you. Yes, he does not deliver, only States and Canada, but even if through an intermediary, it will still be cheaper than taking from us, for example, in Ukraine.

--------------------
WM: Asus p535 | SE Xperia2 | HTC Pure | there will be no more WM
proteuss
Message#32
11.05.11, 10:24
Local
[offline]

Messages 226
Check in: 06.01.08

I share my own experience. I decided to buy for cheap iphone 4, sim-free. These sell on the British Ebay. Found the cheapest J400, 32 GB. The scam is obvious - the sale comes from Malta, the rating is from the seller 0, the seller himself is from the Middle East (judging by the pseudonym). But ... Payment is accepted through PayPal and it is verified there. And I decided to prove myself once again what to buy on Ebay through PayPal is SAFE!
Bought, paid, waiting for tracking. The seller responded once, then stopped responding to letters. All correspondence was only through the form on Ebay.
On the 7th day, despite the fact that the item was sent (no tracking), I applied for a full refund to PayPal. 10 days expected response from the seller, he, of course, as I expected, disappears and does not respond. On the 11th day, PayPal pays a full refund.
So I had fun for about 20 days :)
The moral of this story is that you can safely buy on Ebay, but only through PayPal. None of this in the sense of protection from scam no one will give you more.
Fall83
Message#33
23.05.11, 05:24
Novice
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 33
Check in: 17.09.10
Xiaomi Redmi 4X 2/16

Regarding the mail: when you receive the goods, before you sign for it immediately check and if there is something wrong you can submit the mail!
Comrade case told how true I do not know: He ordered a broken iPhone for spare parts, and the post office, in order to get more money in the declaration, wrote that he was a worker and also a new one, well, a friend missed it in time and on receipt said But came broken, in the end, the mail reimbursed the amount of the new iPhone!
drum4eg
Message#34
23.05.11, 05:53
forever busy
[offline]

Messages 1103
Check in: 30.12.07
Xiaomi Redmi 4X 3/32

Fall83 @ 23.5.2011, 13:24*
Regarding the mail: when you receive the goods, before you sign for it immediately check and if there is something wrong you can submit the mail!
Comrade case told how true I do not know: He ordered a broken iPhone for spare parts, and the post office, in order to get more money in the declaration, wrote that he was a worker and also a new one, well, a friend missed it in time and on receipt said But came broken, in the end, the mail reimbursed the amount of the new iPhone!

The old fable))) about the customs there is a similar button accordion, they say, the prz was carrying broken lines, and the customs indicated that it was new and tore off the owner of the dough for customs clearance of the new ones. Well, he did not lose his head and presented them with new ones, and then, as has already been said above)))

--------------------
signature fire
ScoutVL
Message#35
18.06.11, 02:37
a guest
[offline]

Messages 1
Check in: 18.06.11
Apple iPhone 4

Just that stumbled upon this type of fraud: happy:
I saw an auction on ebee, the seller (top seller, rating 798 (99.8%)) exhibited "iPhone 4 32GB officially unlocked" with the following price tag:
1 piece - 500 USD
5 pieces - 2000 USD
10 pieces - 3500 USD

But the seller very much asked him to write on soap. Well, what to do ... I wrote from the beginning in PM: I want to buy 10 pieces, set up a private auction.
There was no response in 2 days ... I duplicate the message on the indicated soap.
Here is the correspondence with the seller:

I [email protected] to whom: [email protected] 06/15/11 01:34

I want to buy from you 5pcs "iPhone 4 32GB white" and 5pcs "iPhone 4 32GB" black.
You can purchase this purchase on eBay?
Have a nice day,
German.

[email protected] to whom: I 06/15/11 08:27

Hi,
All phones are 100% original from Apple, They all have 4.0 firmware. Each phone have 1 (one) year international Apple Care warranty. The phone is valid once you activate the phone.
You can use it in any country. I have both colors: black and white. Why I have low prices.
I can ship anywhere with UPS, DHL or FedEx with Air Express services (24h to 48h delivery) with tracking number. There is no need to write that I can wear shoes or cloths. I ship from UK.
I have in stock more 20 phones. The MINIMUM order is 2 phones.
We can talk about payment.
Thanks!

I [email protected] to whom: [email protected] 06/15/11 17:54

Hi!
I want to buy from you 10pcs iPhone 4 32GB (5xWhite + 5xBlack).
Have a nice day,
German.

[email protected] to whom: 15.06.11 21:29

The final price for 10 x Apple iPhone 4 32GB is 3500 USD shipping and handling taxes included.
We will close the deal through eBay Buyer / Seller Protection Program. We are both protected.
I will explain you how it works:
eBay will contact us (seller and buyer) with payment and delivery instructions. You will send the money to eBay. Once the payment has been made, it will make it possible for it to start the delivery (it will take 24h to 48h to receive the package). Once you have your phone, you’ll have it in the original, new, unlocked, working ... etc. You can send me the money. If you are not satisfied with your phones, you will receive your money back.
Let me know if you are intested.
Thanks

I [email protected] to whom: [email protected] 06/16/11 10:12
I accept the terms. We can start the deal.
Have a nice day,
German.

[email protected]: I 06/16/11 10:16
In order to proceed with this transaction please complete this form:
Name:
Address:
City:
Zippcode:
Phone Number:
eBay User ID:
Do you want to buy and what color?
Thank you!

Here I was already alarmed, why would he need my address if the transaction goes through ebey, where my address is already indicated. But neither of which, I send the above requested information and get a letter from the fraudster.

[email protected]: I'm 06/17/11 00:27
I will contact you now and I’m done.
Thanks

For those who are too lazy to read:
The seller assures 100% security of the transaction, specifies the size of the party and my contact information.
The deal will be as follows - he informs the ebay about our deal (for security of payment) and sets up a private bargaining.
They send me a notification from the ebay for which I pay for the auction and happiness to everyone.

Then I was finally delighted - because if everything is through ebay, even if they throw me in, they will refund the money.
And he began in anticipation of making money waiting for an incoming message on ebee.

Suddenly comes to the soap letter, allegedly from ebeya:

Attached Image

Looking at the address of the soap "supposedly with ebeya" doubt that this scam is left.
When requesting an ebee to deal with such an ID - the answer was negative))
We add to this payment through the left payment system "Money Gram" (even the rhyme suggests itself "MoneyGram - return the money to you *) by a direct link from the soap - and we get 100% confirmation of all concerns.
Before us is a crook))

Post has been editedScoutVL - 18.06.11, 02:40
Ganjastyle
Message#36
02.08.11, 13:20
a guest
[offline]

Messages 1
Check in: 02.08.11

EgorVol.
Message#37
09.08.11, 00:55
a guest
[offline]

Messages 4
Check in: 01.07.11
Apple iPhone X

Good day to all! I decided to do a search through ebay.ru I came across such suggestions:

http://viewitem.eim.ebay.ru/Apple-iPhone-4...0726008942/item
http://viewitem.eim.ebay.ru/Apple-iPhone-4...0677527393/item
http://viewitem.eim.ebay.ru/Apple-iPhone-4...0632242031/item- I doubt it most of all

What do you think, scammers?
hamsterXoma
Message#38
15.11.11, 18:42
a guest
[offline]

Messages 2
Check in: 15.11.11

Tell me plz how to get your money back via paypal? By stupidity I bought a lot in the auction at the link inside the description of the lot. Naturally the seller does not respond and the lot page is not available

Post has been editedhamsterXoma - 15.11.11, 18:43
Den4
Message#39
15.11.11, 18:51
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 728
Check in: 12.06.09
Apple iPhone 8

Dispute open. Read on the internet about the dispute.

MoRReD,The first two do not open, in the 3rd if you go to the goods of the seller, there is nothing there. And the price is just ridiculous.

Good luck.

Post has been editedDen4 - 15.11.11, 18:54
hamsterXoma
Message#40
15.11.11, 19:49
a guest
[offline]

Messages 2
Check in: 15.11.11

dashed in the resolution center. I hope to figure it out ... I’ve ditched the Seller in details ...
Romanchikov A.M.
Message#41
22.11.11, 17:44
Visitor
[offline]

Group: Active users
Messages 15
Check in: 06.11.08
Asus p750

8 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/30/19/06 06:18